Rahm pulls out of TGL indoor

Maine Golfer

Also, now the important part since this is a golf (and equipment) forum...what will Callaway do with him? 

[color=#000000]Ping G30 LST - Ping Tour 65x[/color]
[color=#000000]Mizzy Fli-Hi 3 iron - Project X 6.0
Cobra Fly-Z Pro 4-AW - DG X100 ss1x
Vokey Wedgeworks 54* K Grind- DG S200
Ping Glide (SS) 60*/Lob Combo Grind - DG S400
Cameron Select NP2[/color]

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/533027-jlevitt9s-witb-set-for-2013-possibly/"]WITB Link[/url]

7 minutes ago, Dicka said:

Sorry but I just find this argument completely bogus.

So with LIV, plus the majors, that's at least 18 events. Add in a few co-sanctioned tournaments and he'd likely play around 20 events. Very similar to what he'd currently play. And the notion someone like Rahm couldn't make his schedule a year in advance...yeah, nah.

I wish these guys would just be honest...it's 100% about the cash. 

2 guys said the schedule was their reason and now we just assume they all have that fake reason even if they havent officially signed with liv lol

Edited by jimecherry
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Albatross Dreamer said:

I didn't dispute any of the numbers. I simply asked if it's not based on $1.2B now, but that it's based on an average of $200m of revenue or whatever per year. They're two different things. Just trying to clarify how equity works for LIV. Personally I'm indifferent to LIV as I haven't watched a second.

I don't see that LIV has any revenue at all.

I don't really trust sources like Flushing It, but the only thing makes me think it might happen is the fact Rahm has all the time in the world to go on social media and crush the rumours and he won't.

If you remember when Spieth and Morikawa were linked to LIV, they went to social media to tell everyone it was false. Rahm hasn't tweeted anything for 3 weeks now.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Dave230 said:

I don't really trust sources like Flushing It, but the only thing makes me think it might happen is the fact Rahm has all the time in the world to go on social media and crush the rumours and he won't.

If you remember when Spieth and Morikawa were linked to LIV, they went to social media to tell everyone it was false. Rahm hasn't tweeted anything for 3 weeks now.

Because Rham, like Phil, thinks he is the smartest guy in the room. He is also butt hurt that he's not part of the 'cool club' on the PGA Tour. 

• Haha 2
There's definitely something more important that I should be doing.

1 hour ago, leezer99 said:

Because Rham, like Phil, thinks he is the smartest guy in the room. He is also butt hurt that he's not part of the 'cool club' on the PGA Tour. 

OK but that cool club as you mentioned is what that has hurt the PGA Tour, it sure didn't help them during the Ryder Cup

• Like 1

Driver: Cobra  50th Anniversary Edition Aerojet 10.5 w/Graphite Design Tour AD IZ4 

3W: Callaway  Paradym X 3w/ Graphite Design Tour AD CQ5  

5/7W: Callaway Paradym X / Project X Hzrdus Gen 4 silver 5.5

Irons:  Titleist T-350 w/Aerotech i80r

Wedges:  Cleveland RTX 6 ZipCore 48* and 54* w/Aerotech i95r

Putter:  ENVROLL E2 34" with Stability Fire shaft  w/ Oversize Black PURE grip (rotate) ODESSEY EYE TRAX 2-BALL w/BGT Stability Carbon 33" 2 Thumb OG Lite 31 black grip

10 minutes ago, Tiptx1122 said:

OK but that cool club as you mentioned is what that has hurt the PGA Tour, it sure didn't help them during the Ryder Cup

I'm not saying it's right or wrong but he has ostracized himself by riding the fence between LIV and the PGA Tour. Jon's problem is that the PGA Tour understands that the game is bigger than him while LIV needs him to keep relevant. You have to remember; Jon only has two majors and 11 wins. DJ, Brooks, Phil and Bubba all have more productive careers than him and the PGA Tour is still chugging along like they never existed. Jon, like the rest of the LIV players, has a huge ego and sense of entitlement that creates a distorted house of mirrors that is hard to get out of. 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Dicka said:

Sorry but I just find this argument completely bogus.

So with LIV, plus the majors, that's at least 18 events. Add in a few co-sanctioned tournaments and he'd likely play around 20 events. Very similar to what he'd currently play. And the notion someone like Rahm couldn't make his schedule a year in advance...yeah, nah.

I wish these guys would just be honest...it's 100% about the cash. 

Well 2 more full weeks off, plus An extra day each week of a LIV tourney since they are 3 days and not 4. So arrive on Weds instead of Tuesday. Works out to 28-30 additional days at home. Seems significant to someone with young children. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Yep, the schedule excuse has always been crap, which is why a lot of players on LIV apparently got sick of their families and rushed to play European Tour events, or complained that they were banned from the tour.

Even if Rahm had technically two weeks less to play on LIV, he would have enough power on the PGA Tour that if he really wanted to, he could just take a few events off with a "back injury" to spend with his family and nobody would bat an eyelid. If Rahm only wanted to play 10 times a year on the PGA Tour, do you think the Tour would take away his membership? He has exemptions for years.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, onwrd2vctry said:

The PGA Tour and LIV dropped all lawsuits in anticipation of their future merger correct?  If they are merging then I don't see a big deal here?  Other than Rahm got a boatload of guaranteed money which is what most big sports stars get not sure why the outrage....

Not a done deal, yet.

24 minutes ago, leezer99 said:

I'm not saying it's right or wrong but he has ostracized himself by riding the fence between LIV and the PGA Tour. Jon's problem is that the PGA Tour understands that the game is bigger than him while LIV needs him to keep relevant. You have to remember; Jon only has two majors and 11 wins. DJ, Brooks, Phil and Bubba all have more productive careers than him and the PGA Tour is still chugging along like they never existed. Jon, like the rest of the LIV players, has a huge ego and sense of entitlement that creates a distorted house of mirrors that is hard to get out of. 

Chugging isn't a good term to use as that sounds a bit of well struggling, as why would the need of the TGL or whatever Tiger is trying to start up even get mentioned. I'm not a big fan of LIV but I see the next Ryder Cup allowing LIV player to participate. Not saying it will but it would be nice, Wow just think how many people then would jump ship and leave the PGA Tour for LIV

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Driver: Cobra  50th Anniversary Edition Aerojet 10.5 w/Graphite Design Tour AD IZ4 

3W: Callaway  Paradym X 3w/ Graphite Design Tour AD CQ5  

5/7W: Callaway Paradym X / Project X Hzrdus Gen 4 silver 5.5

Irons:  Titleist T-350 w/Aerotech i80r

Wedges:  Cleveland RTX 6 ZipCore 48* and 54* w/Aerotech i95r

Putter:  ENVROLL E2 34" with Stability Fire shaft  w/ Oversize Black PURE grip (rotate) ODESSEY EYE TRAX 2-BALL w/BGT Stability Carbon 33" 2 Thumb OG Lite 31 black grip

Rahm went to college for awhile anyway. You would think he would get the league doesn't make any money and B so far nobody buy's into the teams lol.  

Woods: TaylorMade RBZ Tour Spoon, TaylorMade RBZ 5 Wood

Long Irons: Ping Zings 2 Iron, 3 Iron 

Iron Sets Cleveland Blacks 2012 5 To 9 , Wilson Staff Goosenecks 1988 4 to PW , Wilson X31's 1970 2 to PW , Hogan Redline's 1988  4 to E (no 7)

Wedges: Mizuno T22 (45/05) ,1969 Fluid Feel PW (52 degrees)  ,  Wilson BeCu (54 degrees),  Wilson Sandy Andy (57 degrees)

Putter: Ping Pal or Odyssey White Hot XG Marxman Blade. 

Ball:  high number Pro V1's

2 minutes ago, Duct Tape said:

I know it’s not a done deal, but from the Saudi fund perspective $600 or $300 or whatever is the real million figure seems a large bet on the deal tanking. Or maybe there’s some insider info we haven’t heard yet. 

I'm thinking two things. The fake media is just pumping up rumors.  Or/and this is being used as a bargaining by someone to help close the deal between PIF and PGAT.

11 hours ago, Albatross Dreamer said:

I didn't dispute any of the numbers. I simply asked if it's not based on $1.2B now, but that it's based on an average of $200m of revenue or whatever per year. They're two different things. Just trying to clarify how equity works for LIV. Personally I'm indifferent to LIV as I haven't watched a second.

Oh wow thanks I didn't know I could ignore you, I'm seeing the world in a whole new way now! Maybe I'll even finally move out of my mommy's house and not have to eat her terrible meatloaf anymore.

meatloaf.gif

As far as I know, the terms of the equity deals that some players have received aren't publicly known.  Hypothetically speaking, any compensation a player is given is taxable, cash or equity. If Rahm is given 25% equity (aka stock) in a team, it's taxable at fair market value once it's fully vested.  

If we suspend disbelief and say that a LIV team has a fair market value of $1.2B, and Rahm is fully vested at the time of signing, he potentially owes ordinary income taxes on the $300m value.  If he doesn't immediately vest and has to fulfill a 3 year contract, he has a tax liability on the $300m value the year it vests.  That valuation can be discounted for a number of factors including a lack of marketability but point being, very few forms of compensation are tax free and equity isn't one of them.

Back to reality, I don't think there's a legitimate metric could be used to value a LIV team at $1.2b.  Further, no one with half of a brain is taking taxable compensation in the form of equity based on a fantasy valuation.  Perhaps these equity deals are options, phantom stock, performance units or some other form but that's not what has been portrayed in all of the bluster.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, leezer99 said:

Phil takes a lot of heat for that, and maybe rightfully so. But there are plenty of guys on any tour that think they are the smartest in the room. I don’t think Rory, Woods, Keopka, and countless others are up there like “well shucks, maybe, who knows” with their opinions. At the end of the day these guys are in the top .00001% in the world in their field. Hard not to be that way I’d imagine. 

6 hours ago, Cactus Jack said:

The money may not be life changing, but for a guy like Jon the LIV schedule likely is. He’ll know his exact schedule a year in advance, and he can spend more time at home with his family which he has continually said is a priority. He gets to compete, but basically use LIV rounds as paid practice session to prep for the majors. For a guy who prioritizes family and majors above all else, this sounds like a perfect fit. 

LIV is a practice/ exhibition for top players with some old stars and field filler? Thank you for saying what we all know to be true!!!

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, Tiptx1122 said:

Chugging isn't a good term to use as that sounds a bit of well struggling, as why would the need of the TGL or whatever Tiger is trying to start up even get mentioned. I'm not a big fan of LIV but I see the next Ryder Cup allowing LIV player to participate. Not saying it will but it would be nice, Wow just think how many people then would jump ship and leave the PGA Tour for LIV

Semantics aside, if I'm thinking correctly then the number of guys that would jump to LIV would be 48 minus the top 24 that are 'locked', minus the guys from 25 to 44 that have multi year contracts. So what are we looking at... 10? BFD. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EyeGolf0307 said:

What does one even do with $600MM? Hopefully ogwr system gets reworked or eventually all these guys will be playing exhibition golf only. 

The PGA tour itself is nothing but exhibition golf. 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Haha 4
  • Confused 1

Titleist TSR3, w/Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue with Xlink Tech 65
Titleist 915Fd, w/Aldila Rogue Black 80-2.8-S
19* TSR3 Hybrid, w/Fujikura Atmos HB Tour Spec Blue 85

24* TSR3 Hybrid, w/Fujikura Atmos HB Tour Spec Blue 85
Mizuno MP-18 MMC 6-P, w/UST Recoil 95 F4
Callaway 52* MD5 JAWS S Grind
Callaway 58* PM Grind 19
T.P. Mills Professional Series Klassic/Odyssey O Works Tank #7

1 hour ago, Stevens24 said:

Well 2 more full weeks off, plus An extra day each week of a LIV tourney since they are 3 days and not 4. So arrive on Weds instead of Tuesday. Works out to 28-30 additional days at home. Seems significant to someone with young children. 

Could actually be worse quality of like. Look at this,

Vegas then fly to SA

Fly to Hong Kong the next week

Back to Florida 

Fly to Australia, spend 2 weeks there for the event in Singapore 

Back to the US then 3 weeks in Europe and back to the US

Thats pretty brutal. Those are some long @ss flight times. The pga tour guys have it better, you could argue.

Hawaii and Cali in the winter, beautiful. Then back to Florida and then lots of events east coast/texas. 

I think Rahmbo is doing this because he’s getting a ton of money and now he thinks liv can be successful in partnership with the pga tour and the franchise thing  could work out. 

But he’s not doing it for quality of like, he’s a young guy in his prime working years. 

IMG_6620.jpeg

Edited by bscinstnct