Bryson DeChambeau and Paige Spiranac

On 1/27/2024 at 1:22 PM, PedronNiall said:

I'm unclear on why people think I'm upset because I question how a person using their body to market themselves as a golf influencer and as a legitimate part of conversation on the game should be taken seriously as such. I have zero issue with whatever way someone chooses to objectify themselves and peddle their body should they go that route. My issue is in them trying to put themselves in the conversation as someone who should be taken seriously regarding their game when that's how they act.

There's a reason neither the women nor men in mainstream or most of the popular online mediums for golf show up with their bodies on display to commentate on or play the game. There's a reason that charities and golf programs from underrepresented groups have chosen on multiple occasions not to allow half nude influencers or models of any kind to work with their groups. It's no different than if someone had a channel where they go on coke-fueled binges every night to hype up their views then spent days playing the best courses in the world; neither that nor being a sex object first and a golfer second makes someone worthy of attention in the latter.

Again, I don't care what people do for a living in ways that don't touch the game. My question remains: when did it become cool to take of your clothes to get eyes on you for golf and why is it surprising that someone who does that often isn't going to be taken seriously in the world of golf?

Bingo.  

• Like 1

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

11 hours ago, farmer said:

Olivia Dunne, the little gymnast girl from LSU, has an immense following on social media, and displays her charms in much the same way as Paige.  Olivia will never be an Olympic star, will never have that level of fame purely as a gymnast, so she reaps NIL and social media for money.  Unless you have inherited money, you use what you have.  Harmless and entertaining.

You can look around and instantly know that it isn’t harmless on a wide scale. The sexes have never been more apart.  Suicide levels year over year per 100k are still climbing.  Breaking new records year to year.  There are other stats that I know. And that are shocking.  But can’t post here. 

but hey.  Girl power. And all that. 

• Thanks 2

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

2 hours ago, bladehunter said:

The sexes have never been more apart.

Yeah, right? I mean, women should just do what men tell them to do and not what they want to do?

• Like 1

Titleist TSR3 10° Ventus Black

Titleist TS2 18° Diamana D+

Titleist TSR2 21° Diamana D+ 

Titleist TSi2 24° Diamana D+

Titleist T100 5-7, 620MB 8-PW Axiom 105S

Vokey 50.8°F, 56.14°F, 60.12°D Axiom 125X

Scotty Cameron Newport MMT Putter Concept

The video is actually quite entertaining. They both come across as likeable, BDC knows a thing or two about the golfswing and does quite well as an instructor. Miss Spiranac seems to be a fun and bubbly person to be around. And she can play well, she is not just a rad looking girl who hacks it around.

She chose the path of being an influencer who relies on her good looks to sell her brand. The way she does it, well... I think if you're not well grounded and mentally stable it's a difficult path to walk. She didn't make it to the big tours, so the "serious golfer" won't take her seriously as a player. The way she presents even her golf content is all about showing off her "assets". The instruction videos are titorials, the Insta account looks more like the one from an adult oriented actress. There she's judged by her looks only. And when she wears regular sports attire without these ridiculous push up bras we see that she is not a quadruple D, but a sporty, attractive lady. That will draw criticism from the boys who watch her stuff without recognizing that it's about golf. She sets the bar for being judged, so hopefully she can cope with what's thrown at her.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, aenemated said:

Yeah, right? I mean, women should just do what men tell them to do and not what they want to do?

Have you looked around?  The opposite is working so well.  🤣. Follow the timeline back 73 years. . Correlation doesn’t prove causation.  But there’s a metric crap ton of correlation.  

thats not me suggesting that anyone tell anyone else what to do in the micro.  What I’m saying is , this type thing affects all of society.  It’s not just one woman’s choice.  It affects any person looking at it. Male and female. Female worse.   think of this as your mom or sister or wife.   Are you seriously cool with her having to do this to make a living ? Why not send the message to use your mind?  Instead of preying on someone else’s mind.  

Edited by bladehunter
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

10 hours ago, bladehunter said:

You can look around and instantly know that it isn’t harmless on a wide scale. The sexes have never been more apart.  Suicide levels year over year per 100k are still climbing.  Breaking new records year to year.  There are other stats that I know. And that are shocking.  But can’t post here. 

It's hilarious hearing men complain about women. We do nothing but give them positive reinforcement for showing off their bodies. When you go golf and the cart girl isnt attractive people act like she should be and its a big deal when she isnt. And then we wanna turn around and complain when women hear that messaging loud and clear and then use it to market themselves? Which is objectively a smart play by them?

How about instead of getting mad at women you get mad at the simps that give them attention and money. Oh wait, thats every straight guy ever.

Edited by One Putter
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Careful here guys.  Don't let this thread veer off into politics or other non-golf realms.

• Like 1

Callaway Rogue ST Max LS, Tensei White 65S
Taylormade Qi10 15*, Hzrdus Gen 4 Black 70 6.0

Taylormade Sim Ti 18*, GD AD-IZ 7X

Srixon ZX Utility 3i 20*, Dart 90 S

Taylormade P790 5i - 6i, MMT 105 S +1"

Taylormade P770 7i-AW, MMT 105 S +1"

Taylormade MG 3 56*, & 60*, MMT 105 S +1"
Odyssey TriHot 5k Seven CH, 35"

10 hours ago, bladehunter said:

There was just an article recapping the life of a famous adult actress; she and her boyfriend accidentally OD'd together in their home, leaving behind their children. Suicide & substance abuse are substantially higher among all people who do sex work, including the "harmless" things like Lonely Fans. Sucks to see people try to wave it off when the consequences are in plain view. 

16 minutes ago, One Putter said:

It's hilarious hearing men complain about women. We do nothing but give them positive reinforcement for showing off their bodies. When you go golf and the cart girl isnt attractive people act like she should be and its a big deal when she isnt. And then we wanna turn around and complain when women hear that messaging loud and clear and then use it to market themselves? Which is objectively a smart play by them?

How about instead of getting mad at women you get mad at the simps that give them attention and money. Oh wait, thats every straight guy ever.

I and others have responded that we don't like her behavior and aren't pretending like it's going to lead anywhere good. I don't follow her on Insta, I don't watch or comment on any of her other content. I also find it offputting when I see guys hanging all over the girls at the clubhouse or on the cart, but guess what: those guys are always the minority. The majority of men there treat them as people doing their job and nothing more.

I assure you the majority of men don't encourage or pay for Spinarac or any other woman's content as if that were the case the majority of women who do it would be able to get out of that losing game quick, fast, and in a hurry. 

Maybe I'm missing something, but I'm not the one who brought this video to the forum. She's a public figure, she's continues to promote herself in the way she does, and sadly she has to live with the way it causes her to be viewed. If she wants to be seen differently she can act differently. Nothing about her golf game or body make her special and her actions kill any chance of me going out of my way to look past all of it. 

Lastly, I have the same energy for men. I mentioned multiple times that a man trying to use overt sexuality would be just as bad of a look. If you want to believe most men encourage this kind of behavior for anyone that's on you but it's just not the case. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, One Putter said:

Not all men behave this way.  Speak for yourself. I loathe the idea of being that weak. But I understand why many are. But it’s  never a good excuse for the strong to take  advantage of the weak. Just in the sole fact that some are weak.  

in my opinion it ruins a lot of things.  This is one. Another example is a car builder I watch on YouTube.  Guys a little whacky. But he’s the savant level genius type that gets taken advantage of by a pretty face.  He acquires  this girlfriend, who does help him grow the Chanel by filming for him.  But slowly but surely she gets on camera.  Until half the show is about her.  Comment section blows up. All guys wanting her to have veto power choice over the builder guy , for design choices on the car.  It’s a train wreck. But it’s gaining eyeballs.  Now she’s opened her own Chanel behind the scenes. Which is just her wearing a go pro and running errands , or her eating or putting makeup on.  Guys are now flooding her with gifts.  I mean it’s truly a sick scene. The car context has suffered. Mainly because of her input.  And I can name 3 women builders whose input I love.  This one though I just for attention. 

I see Paige the exact same way. She’s taking away from golf. And turning it into a poor lonely guy love fest.  Content is suffering.  She could easily have become a lady Rick Shiels , or an instructor.  And in my opinion had just as much of a following.  Just with clothes on.  

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

7 minutes ago, SheriffBooth said:

Careful here guys.  Don't let this thread veer off into politics or other non-golf realms.

Absolutely not going to. 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

28 minutes ago, Lobby said:

For as much good golf stuff there is here on WRX, there sure is a lot of misogyny. 

🧐.   How many posts have you reported in the LPGA section ?  I watch a lot of ladies golf. But I cringe deeply most everytime I roll into there. And it’s not because of women.

I think you are mistaken . The greatest show of love is the person that  will tell you the truth.  Even  knowing that you don’t want to hear it.  It’s not hate at all. It’s love.  

with that. I’m out of this thread. Good day guys and gals.  

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

1 hour ago, bladehunter said:

🧐.   How many posts have you reported in the LPGA section ?  I watch a lot of ladies golf. But I cringe deeply most everytime I roll into there. And it’s not because of women.

It was worse in the LPGA sub-forum when the LPGA "fashion" thread existed. That thread was a total creepshow.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, aenemated said:

The former Mrs. aenemated was in Playboy several times. Ms. aenemated is not what anyone would call modest. So I'm probably the wrong fella to throw this one at 😂

And that’s all well and fine. In context. I’m absolutely fine with you doing you.  Always said that.  Why does it have to be a top search for “ golf influencer”  

search And see what Google gives you as top results if you search golf influencer.  One of those ladies I can post video  here and be instantly banned no doubt.  ( not holy Saunders).   These aren’t people who have the most influence or to do with golf.  At all.  Search and see. Top 25 out of 30 are women who aren’t professionals.  

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

11 minutes ago, TiScape said:

blade get political on here??? Ha, never! 
🤣

*sorry blade, couldn’t resist 😇

I don’t recall ever doing so.  Not in the 20th  or 21st century.  

• Haha 1

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

5 hours ago, bladehunter said:

Have you looked around?  The opposite is working so well.  🤣. Follow the timeline back 73 years. . Correlation doesn’t prove causation.  But there’s a metric crap ton of correlation.  

thats not me suggesting that anyone tell anyone else what to do in the micro.  What I’m saying is , this type thing affects all of society.  It’s not just one woman’s choice.  It affects any person looking at it. Male and female. Female worse.   think of this as your mom or sister or wife.   Are you seriously cool with her *having to do this to make a living ? Why not send the message to use your mind?  Instead of preying on someone else’s mind.  

She’s “having” to do this to make a living, or choosing  to do this to make a living? Lets not discredit the power and potential of her mind here blade. 

*this is mostly said tongue in cheek and I am 💯 NOT going down this way too deep for WRX rabbit hole w/you! 🤣

16 minutes ago, bladehunter said:

And that’s all well and fine. In context. I’m absolutely fine with you doing you.  Always said that.  Why does it have to be a top search for “ golf influencer”  

search And see what Google gives you as top results if you search golf influencer.  One of those ladies I can post video  here and be instantly banned no doubt.  ( not holy Saunders).   These aren’t people who have the most influence or to do with golf.  At all.  Search and see. Top 25 out of 30 are women who aren’t professionals.  

Holy! Bri Teresi 

These are savvy, tech smart, business women blade. 

They playing the game with the odds stacked in their favor, good for them. 

The reason they come up in search results is not because they are doing anything other than manipulating the data they see into 💰 

That data is derived from all the dudes spending time on their content, and their content being highly ranked by advertising data providers. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, bscinstnct said:

That data is derived from all the dudes spending time on their content, and their content being highly ranked by advertising data providers. 

Never thought bsc would be aping my tech nerd talking points! 😂

a9e441f9-e288-446e-8344-211f62e243b6_tex

• Haha 4

6 minutes ago, bscinstnct said:

Holy! Bri Teresi 

These are savvy, tech smart, business women blade. 

They playing the game with the odds stacked in their favor, good for them. 

The reason they come up in search results is not because they are doing anything other than manipulating the data they see into 💰 

I understand the tech to at least a laypersons level. .  I’ve owned a website for 23 years. I get admin traffic  data, ad data etc . I just hate the sport is attached to it.  Just call it what it is and be done with it.  **** Entertainment *** insert whatever adjective you’d like outside of a sport.  

• Like 1

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

3 hours ago, One Putter said:

Don't know you dawg - but we're on the same page here. 

giphy.gif

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

This video features 2 people who are infinitely more successful, happy, and healthy than I am. So for me to judge either one would be just weird hater sh*t. They've both done more and achieved more than me, and I do not dislike them for that.... some seem to. 

The fact that a gal like Paige has actually resisted going down the route of OF, where she could make money hand over fist ( catch me outside girl for reference) is actually somewhat commendable in this day and age. 

• Like 1

TM SIM Max 9*  Tensei blue AV 65-S

Mizuno ST180 3w 15* Tensei blue-S

Cobra BioCell 5w 19* Matrix RedTie-S

Ping G30 4h 22* TFC 419-R

Taylormade R-11 5-PW KBS Tour 90-S

Cleveland CBX 52* 58* DG 115-W

Mannkrafted rebar Rattler 

4 minutes ago, kmay__ said:

This video features 2 people who are infinitely more successful, happy, and healthy than I am. So for me to judge either one would be just weird hater sh*t. They've both done more and achieved more than me, and I do not dislike them for that.... some seem to. 

The fact that a gal like Paige has actually resisted going down the route of OF, where she could make money hand over fist ( catch me outside girl for reference) is actually somewhat commendable in this day and age. 

Let’s talk about why you aren’t happy. 

IMG_5620.gif

• Haha 1