Bryson DeChambeau and Paige Spiranac

6 hours ago, Llortamaisey said:

That last statement is a great point. It feels like some people get upset when simps and beta boys get taken advantage of by attractive women. We’ve all heard the horror stories of very dedicated subscribers to these female content creators on various websites. I know this sounds like I’m piling on Paige, I’m just speaking in general as I am not familiar with Paige’s content on her OnlyPaige website, I’ve only seen what she posts on IG. I don’t know if her moderate amount of skin is part of the greater problem, even though people like to blame her.

There seems to be a real crisis and epidemic against men these days. Frankly, a lot of the responsibility needs to fall on the male to resist these temptations, do the work on themselves. Don’t chase women, chase excellence.

Ultimately, females are born with their market place value and men have to earn theirs. That’s why it doesn’t matter too much if a guy tries the same tactics to earn a buck. Men and women are objectified differently. Women are beauty objects and men are success objects. It sounds like a bug that evolved in h*** sapiens, it’s actually a feature. 

My opinion certainly doesn’t matter, I don’t see significant harm in it for a male as long as the content is consumed in extreme moderation. And I definitely wouldn’t open my wallet to pay for it directly. I also wouldn’t trade my market value for money if I were a female, but that’s not for me to decide. 

I am reminded of what Polonius said in act 2, scene 2 of Hamlet.

Brevity is the soul of wit. 

• Like 1

I'm unclear on why people think I'm upset because I question how a person using their body to market themselves as a golf influencer and as a legitimate part of conversation on the game should be taken seriously as such. I have zero issue with whatever way someone chooses to objectify themselves and peddle their body should they go that route. My issue is in them trying to put themselves in the conversation as someone who should be taken seriously regarding their game when that's how they act.

There's a reason neither the women nor men in mainstream or most of the popular online mediums for golf show up with their bodies on display to commentate on or play the game. There's a reason that charities and golf programs from underrepresented groups have chosen on multiple occasions not to allow half nude influencers or models of any kind to work with their groups. It's no different than if someone had a channel where they go on coke-fueled binges every night to hype up their views then spent days playing the best courses in the world; neither that nor being a sex object first and a golfer second makes someone worthy of attention in the latter.

Again, I don't care what people do for a living in ways that don't touch the game. My question remains: when did it become cool to take of your clothes to get eyes on you for golf and why is it surprising that someone who does that often isn't going to be taken seriously in the world of golf?

Edited by PedronNiall
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

IMO For a feel player like me, listening to Bryson is like gagging on horse pills.  To a fault, he analyses a gnats azz.  And given some of the choice words used to describe Paige, I am glad she's not losing sleep over all the skulking mental widgets.  What I am sure of though, someone had the insight to team Bryson with Paige, knowing Paige will do the heavy lifting of attracting viewers, as is exampled in this thread.

Bryson is likely a nice guy, but I am sure he aggravates plenty of people, namely mechanical people that overthink every aspect, getting in their own way of progress, regardless of truth.  Least Spiranic has assets that entice people to stop, look then listen and eventually realize she's got golf talent and is smart, much more than her visual parts.  Nonetheless, in order to acknowledge that, it is imperative to possess the qualities of a businessman rather than an arrogant idealist that talks golf.  Yep, her biggest detractors are not only the former but the ugly, jealous people that hate looking in the mirror.

Edited by Pepperturbo
  • Like 4
  • TSR2 9.25° Ventus Velo TR Blue 58S
  • TSR2 15° GD Tour AD-VF 74S
  • T200 17 2i° Tensei AV Raw White Hybrid 90S
  • T100 3i & 4i MMT 95S
  • T100 5i-9i MMT 105S
  • T100 PW, SM9 F52/12, M58/8, PX 6.0 Wedge 120
  • SC/CA Monterey
  • DASH -ProV1x, ProV1x or AVX

17 hours ago, PedronNiall said:

I don't think she deserves cheering on for spilling her tatas all over Insta to make money. Would you say the same for a guy who did golf content with his eggplant on display to try and get views? 

There's nothing laudable about what she's done to make a bit more change. Unclear how it qualifies her as a cool lady, but maybe I'm just not in the know. 

Have you seen any of the Devin Bonebreak stuff on GolfPass?   Guy could be an amazing human, feed the homeless, and be a wonderful instructor, but he came across as the male version you are suggestions.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TiScape said:

Confirmed, when you simply say you are not a fan of Bryson and get a “confused” reaction, it has nothing to do with being confused, and is just essentially a ‘pro LIV’ reaction 😊 

🤣

your a little more than "not a fan" if your intent on replying in bdc threads. i would consider you in the anti bryson camp as someone who wanted him to leave the pga tour

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, jimecherry said:

your a little more than "not a fan" if your intent on replying in bdc threads. i would consider you in the anti bryson camp as someone who wanted him to leave the pga tour

I typically do my best to be as careful as possible with choosing my words here for responses just like yours! Haha

Yes, not a fan, he rubs me the wrong way… same dif to me 🍒 

And it has nothing to do with LIV

;}

And I never said I “wanted him to leave the PGA tour”. I can definitely say I don’t care that he did tho 

Edited by TiScape
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, j.b.newton said:

Have you seen any of the Devin Bonebreak stuff on GolfPass?   Guy could be an amazing human, feed the homeless, and be a wonderful instructor, but he came across as the male version you are suggestions.

Negative, haven't seen any of his stuff before. From a quick search it looks like most of his views are ones where he's a guest on someone else's slightly larger channel.

10 hours ago, Murphy76 said:

It seems like Paige is empowering to women  (and that's just super)

you-sure-about-that-i-think-you-should-leave-with-tim-robinson.gif.327ad668e8042cbdc230eb6d29da78e1.gif

Screenshot2024-01-28093124.png.b0b9f922da7b7215ae1878941a35e779.png

image.png.fecd65047422f752c17870a9642d76fd.png

I literally can't post caps from the top of her Insta feed but empowering women is not what I think of when I scroll through it anymore than I'd think a gigolo golfing in a g-string is stunning & brave in the work he's doing for the betterment of men. Maybe I'm just out of the loop though.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 1/27/2024 at 8:25 PM, Murphy76 said:

It seems like Paige is empowering to women  (and that's just super),  and she didn't act like a dunce to make the man look good.  She learned some things from someone else, and that's just great.

Truth, except her choices rub ole, maybe jealous bitty's the wrong way.  And let's NOT forget males that are scared as hell of a good-looking woman who plays better golf.  LOL 

I believe she's a helluva good-looking woman, as does my wife, but we mutually agree she'd never pass membership muster at either of my clubs dressing as she does.   On the other hand, she's probably a different woman in her personal vs social media life.

Edited by Pepperturbo
  • Like 2
  • TSR2 9.25° Ventus Velo TR Blue 58S
  • TSR2 15° GD Tour AD-VF 74S
  • T200 17 2i° Tensei AV Raw White Hybrid 90S
  • T100 3i & 4i MMT 95S
  • T100 5i-9i MMT 105S
  • T100 PW, SM9 F52/12, M58/8, PX 6.0 Wedge 120
  • SC/CA Monterey
  • DASH -ProV1x, ProV1x or AVX

On 1/26/2024 at 8:51 PM, The Mad Bomber said:

That fake laugh of hers will never be likeable 🤣

Even worse is that I don't think it's fake.......

Ping G430 Max with Ping Distanza or MP5 Ladies flex or Grafalloy Pro Launch Blue 45 in Senior

Ping G430 Five Wood Ping Distanza

Ping G430 Seven Wood Ping Distanza

Ping G430 Nine Wood Ping Distanza

Ping i230 5-PW Red Dot + 1"  Recoil Dart 105

Ping i230 Utility Wedge +1" Recoil Dart 105

Ping Glide 4.0 56 Degree ES Red Dot ZZ 115

Scotty Cameron Squareback 2.5 341/2"

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5 35"

1 hour ago, farmer said:

Olivia Dunne, the little gymnast girl from LSU, has an immense following on social media, and displays her charms in much the same way as Paige.  Olivia will never be an Olympic star, will never have that level of fame purely as a gymnast, so she reaps NIL and social media for money.  Unless you have inherited money, you use what you have.  Harmless and entertaining.

The Anna Kournikova and Cavinder sisters of gymnastics. 

On 1/27/2024 at 5:22 AM, Llortamaisey said:

That last statement is a great point. It feels like some people get upset when simps and beta boys get taken advantage of by attractive women. We’ve all heard the horror stories of very dedicated subscribers to these female content creators on various websites. I know this sounds like I’m piling on Paige, I’m just speaking in general as I am not familiar with Paige’s content on her OnlyPaige website, I’ve only seen what she posts on IG. I don’t know if her moderate amount of skin is part of the greater problem, even though people like to blame her.

There seems to be a real crisis and epidemic against men these days. Frankly, a lot of the responsibility needs to fall on the male to resist these temptations, do the work on themselves. Don’t chase women, chase excellence.

Ultimately, females are born with their market place value and men have to earn theirs. That’s why it doesn’t matter too much if a guy tries the same tactics to earn a buck. Men and women are objectified differently. Women are beauty objects and men are success objects. It sounds like a bug that evolved in h*** sapiens, it’s actually a feature. 

My opinion certainly doesn’t matter, I don’t see significant harm in it for a male as long as the content is consumed in extreme moderation. And I definitely wouldn’t open my wallet to pay for it directly. I also wouldn’t trade my market value for money if I were a female, but that’s not for me to decide. 

Unfortunately this post is generally on point.  I feel sorry for young men.  In a lot of ways the world is stacked against them, not least in that forces believing in the “blank slate” theory of human nature are more or less in control of most social institutions, and of course a disportionate amount of unearned wealth is being funneled to women.

The only caveat is that in the process of “chasing excellence” one should not forget to chase excellent women.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Chunkitgood said:

Unfortunately this post is generally on point.  I feel sorry for young men.  In a lot of ways the world is stacked against them, not least in that forces believing in the “blank slate” theory of human nature are more or less in control of most social institutions, and of course a disportionate amount of unearned wealth is being funneled to women.

The only caveat is that in the process of “chasing excellence” one should not forget to chase excellent women.

Man, just one more and that sentence would have an even 50 words in it 😉

• Like 1

6 hours ago, PedronNiall said:

you-sure-about-that-i-think-you-should-leave-with-tim-robinson.gif.327ad668e8042cbdc230eb6d29da78e1.gif

Screenshot2024-01-28093124.png.b0b9f922da7b7215ae1878941a35e779.png

image.png.fecd65047422f752c17870a9642d76fd.png

I literally can't post caps from the top of her Insta feed but empowering women is not what I think of when I scroll through it anymore than I'd think a gigolo golfing in a g-string is stunning & brave in the work he's doing for the betterment of men. Maybe I'm just out of the loop though.

I picked up a good 15 yards on my driver when I played in my g-string.

Really helped me activate my glutes.

Edited by kmbean
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 1/26/2024 at 11:51 PM, Chunkitgood said:

I wonder if the advice he gives her (throw the hands forward, apparently meaning towards the target) is bad for most people, since it sure looks to me like the hands actually should be moving up and to the left at impact while the club is moving down and to the right.

Am I wrong?

It looks like the arms are moving up and left because of the rotation of the body.  In relation to your center it will feel like you’re throwing out a bit.

or so I’ve been told

• Like 1

Titleist TSR4 9° Fujikura Ventus VC Red 5S

Titleist TSi3 strong 3w 13.5° Tensei AV White 70

Titleist TS3 19°  hybrid Tensei Blue/Titleist TS3 23° Tensei Blue

Titleist T150 5-pw Nippon Pro Modus 125

Vokey SM8 50° F & 56° M SM9 60°M

Cameron Newport w/ flow neck by Lamont/ Cameron Del Mar

8 hours ago, farmer said:

Olivia Dunne, the little gymnast girl from LSU, has an immense following on social media, and displays her charms in much the same way as Paige.  Olivia will never be an Olympic star, will never have that level of fame purely as a gymnast, so she reaps NIL and social media for money.  Unless you have inherited money, you use what you have.  Harmless and entertaining.

Even in parts of the world that are far more lax when it comes to general nudity and the like, men and women who make their money by putting their bodies on display aren't seen in the same regard as those who don't. They also deal with the same stigmas I mentioned before regarding being passed over when it comes to working with organizations they're interested in. Not something I'd consider harmless. Not something I see 99% of people encouraging/supporting those they care about to pursue, either.

Everyone can glad hand each other here and pretend like it's no big thing and they think it's great, but they know as Pepper admitted despite his enthusiastic support of her that she wouldn't be allowed at the courses many touting her up play. It's laughable to me to talk garbage about "to each their own" knowing it's not something most who say that would want around themselves and someone who does that isn't anyone they'd introduce to friends or want their kids taking inspiration from.

Again, I don't care what she does, but I've yet to see a reasoned argument making what she does cool, laudable, or worth emulating and I've yet to see any for why her golf should be taken any more seriously than an actual adult star playing golf with a LIV known, i.e., clickbait.

If one day Paige gets her shot and gets to do interviews on NBC or even YouTube with her butt on display under a too short skirt like on her Insta I guess I'll have to eat crow and admit society has changed. If one day she's a paragon of the game and spoken of highly by all I'll just have to choke on that bird. For now I'll keep it real and say her current act brings nothing of redeeming value and she's likely going to find the money brings her little comfort in the end when the majority of her supporters continue to treat her as less-than when she's out of earshot.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This thread's gone about as expected 😂

• Like 3

Titleist TSR3 10° Ventus Black

Titleist TS2 18° Diamana D+

Titleist TSR2 21° Diamana D+ 

Titleist TSi2 24° Diamana D+

Titleist T100 5-7, 620MB 8-PW Axiom 105S

Vokey 50.8°F, 56.14°F, 60.12°D Axiom 125X

Scotty Cameron Newport MMT Putter Concept