Stratton's WITB ~Red White & PING~ **NEW UPDATE VIDEO PAGE 18**

Breck - Congrats to you, your family, and Stratton. This thread is one of the best in WRX history, and stuff like this is missed very much on here these days! I remember back in the day when you were color coordinating his clubs and covers to match his new high school bag when he was a freshman!

Good luck and great to see you back here for a bit!

:drinks:

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 7.5 - PX Hulk 65g

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 13.5 - PX Hulk 85g
PXG Hybrid 19 - GD HYB 95

Miura MC 501 - DG X100

Miura Tour 50, 54 - DG X100

Vokey 60V - PX LZ

Scotty Cameron 009 - Circle W
IG: https://www.instagram.com/pure745

Breck - Congrats to you, your family, and Stratton. This thread is one of the best in WRX history, and stuff like this is missed very much on here these days! I remember back in the day when you were color coordinating his clubs and covers to match his new high school bag when he was a freshman!

Good luck and great to see you back here for a bit!

:drinks:

Never forget the ghost fishing line club caddy!

We will do his winning WITB next week when he comes to Austin for his US Open Local Qualifier. Thanks to everyone for the support.

CA80E821-C4A3-49DA-BE18-D7877D586F08_zpsjtig2zec.jpg

Congrats to Strat and to you as a proud father. Keep up the good work!!!

Titleist TSR3 8* / Fuji Ventus Black TR 6X               

Titleist TSR2+ / Fuji Ventus Black TR 7X               

Callaway UW / Fuji Ventu Black 8X

Edel SMS iron 4-5 / DG TI X100 /////  SMS PRO irons 6-PW / DG TI X100

Edel SMS 50V, 54T, 60T / DG TI S400/ BGT ZNE 130

Edel PROTO

What an amazing accomplishment. Spent my day reading through this entire thread. I hope i can do the same during my NCAA tournament next week. Congrats to Stratton.

Ping G430 LST 9*  Diamana ZF 60TX

Ping G430 LST 15*  *Testing shafts*

Ping G425 Max 7 wood *Testing shafts* 

Ping G425 Crossover Aldila Black 95TX

Srixon MkII Zx7 4-PW PX 6.5 or  Blueprint "S" 4-PW

Ping Glide 4.0 50,54,58

Edel Custom, Spider Armlock

Callaway CSXLS

It has been FOREVER since I have posted. I have been incredibly busy with work and our system regulates what sites we can visit and makes sure they are work related. :) It was good getting to see Stratton in action this last weekend in the Maxwell. He opened with a 66 and the second 18 of the day shot 71 struggling on his last hole. Rain was imminent the final day and he was in second place going into his last hole and the pin on a long par 3 was tucked near the right edge near a collection area that was impossible to get up and down from unless you drain a 20' putt. It was either play to the middle of the green and finish second or go for it and try to tie for the win. He went for it and his shot bled off the right edge leaving a chip that even well played left him 20+ feet away. Bogey 4 left him in a tie for 4th instead of tied for second. Still, great play on a day at Dornick Hills as He led all of the Cowboys in scoring on this brutally windy day. Hopefully this will give him the nod to play in the Big 12 Championship the end of next week.

His bag still is is combo set of S59's, Same driver but I did customize a new set of TVD wedges last week. Here are the wedges I did for him:

I used his trademark orange ferrules with two black and one white stripes with KBS Tour wedge shafts

StrattWedges_zpsf2ans55l.jpg

Since I last posted, Dave @ MACHINE built Stratton a new custom flatstick to the specs he wanted. Stratton wanted his same putter M11 head but wanted a anodized insert and wanted a third alignment line added. The putter is STUNNING as usual from Dave Billings

12778748_10208192403785310_7458299569728922901_o_zpsyhhjfo44.jpg

12764634_10208192412185520_499771079219463420_o_zpsepz5nhys.jpg

12764579_10208192413345549_8271544307265712389_o_zpsqdk1fwan.jpg

OK Deerslayer. How do I get a set of wedges like these? Not the wedge itself, but the customization with Pistol Pete and the oSu logo?

OK Deerslayer. How do I get a set of wedges like these? Not the wedge itself, but the customization with Pistol Pete and the oSu logo?

The designs are laser etched on the back of the club. I have a shop that laser etches all kinds of yeti cups and other metal things that is near my house. I called and took in a wedge head with a logo and asked if they could do it. For $15 per head they etched them. Turned out with great detail. They can even fill areas at different percentages that create different shades. I was originally going to have them do the logo and I was going to peen the background, but Stratton needed the wedges quick. It is waaaaaaay better and more durable than etching with a sand blaster.

When I showed the wedge pics to my 11 yr old he said, "dad I want those!" I told him me too. Just love how those look.

917 D3 8.5 Xphlexx Agera Orange RF Proto
SLDR Mini 12 Evo Speeder TS 757x
SLDR Mini 15.8 Rogue Black 110 80TX
Srixon 765 4-6 PX LZ 6.0
Srixon 965 7-PW PX LZ 6.0
Mizuno T7 50 PX LZ 6.0
Vokey TVD 54V & 58V
Bettinardi Studio Stock 14 or Odyssey O-works 7

DS, With EDEL and yourselves being in Texas did Stratton ever consider one, or did EDEL ever reach out to him?

Ping Glide 4.0 50,54,58

Callaway CSXLS

DS, With EDEL and yourselves being in Texas did Stratton ever consider one, or did EDEL ever reach out to him?

Edel is actually here in ATX or at least a suburb. Back when they just had putters, one of his highschool teammates used an Edel, but to answer your question, no, they have never reached out. Stratton was early on in PING's player development program and PING has been VERY good to him. He has since Jr High also used a MACHINE putter with the exception of a few PING putters along the way. He does now use Titleist wedges but is about to make a switch this summer to Ben Hogan wedges.

Any particular reason why he is moving to the Hogan wedges?

Titleist is not making any more of the wedges that he prefers. He likes the conforming TVD M-grind. They are becoming hard to come by and have only suggested and have a few of the older SM4 M-Grinds, so he is going to look into new wedges. Hogan is here in TX and Stratton really likes the design. We will see what he ends up gaming. His short game is spot on. Got to walk with Fred Funk the first two rounds of the Big XII championship as Stratton was paired with his son. He made some positive comments about Stratton's short game and wedge play. It was pretty cool spending the long day with Fred. He is a great guy.

Interesting and I hope he finds something that works even better. I would think that a high level college golfer could get some sort of "tour" treatment from an OEM and have something ground to his desired specs, but I guess that is not the case.

Been a fun time following you and him on this journey, hope the best is yet to come!

CJPSignatureV3.png.c58dade69e39827f99ae02c309fb82e2.png

Instagram  |  iTunes  |  SoundCloud  |  Spotify | YouTube

Edel is actually here in ATX or at least a suburb. Back when they just had putters, one of his highschool teammates used an Edel, but to answer your question, no, they have never reached out. Stratton was early on in PING's player development program and PING has been VERY good to him. He has since Jr High also used a MACHINE putter with the exception of a few PING putters along the way. He does now use Titleist wedges but is about to make a switch this summer to Ben Hogan wedges.

Interesting. Probably see more now with how well Bryson is doing. But hey thanks for the response :)

Ping Glide 4.0 50,54,58

Callaway CSXLS

Following this last event, Stratton's goals are taking shape. Checked off his first win in a college event, still within reach now is his goal of finishing under par for the season. He got his stats back to even par now through 18 tournament rounds this year. Here are the stats as of today:

team/indv. statistics

http://sidearm.sites.s3.amazonaws.com/okstate.com/documents/2016/5/4/golf_stats.pdf?id=9226

The designs are laser etched on the back of the club. I have a shop that laser etches all kinds of yeti cups and other metal things that is near my house. I called and took in a wedge head with a logo and asked if they could do it. For $15 per head they etched them. Turned out with great detail. They can even fill areas at different percentages that create different shades. I was originally going to have them do the logo and I was going to peen the background, but Stratton needed the wedges quick. It is waaaaaaay better and more durable than etching with a sand blaster.

I'm in Austin, what's this place called. And congrats to Stratton!

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/52967-thug-hunters-bag/page__hl__thug+hunter"]WITB Link[/url]

Titleist 915 8.5º D3 Rogue Black 70X
Titleist 915F 16.5º Rogue Black 70X
Titleist 816 H2 21º Diamana 70S
Titleist 712 AP2 3-PW S300
Titleist SM6 52º & 58º Jet Black
Odyssey Black Series Tour Design #2 or #8
Under Armour Storm Match Play stand bag (Blue Marker)

Thug,

Perfect Etch on 290 W. If you want a design or logo and cant create it, I dont mind helping a wrx'er out. I can email a file and you can send it to them online.

I don't want to jack this thread, so I tried PMing and it said you couldn't receive messages. Feel free to delete this after you answer to not divert the story here. I would just want something simple like the MLB logo. Do you take them the wedge and logo and they etch it up or do you need an actual drawing?

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/52967-thug-hunters-bag/page__hl__thug+hunter"]WITB Link[/url]

Titleist 915 8.5º D3 Rogue Black 70X
Titleist 915F 16.5º Rogue Black 70X
Titleist 816 H2 21º Diamana 70S
Titleist 712 AP2 3-PW S300
Titleist SM6 52º & 58º Jet Black
Odyssey Black Series Tour Design #2 or #8
Under Armour Storm Match Play stand bag (Blue Marker)

Following this last event, Stratton's goals are taking shape. Checked off his first win in a college event, still within reach now is his goal of finishing under par for the season. He got his stats back to even par now through 18 tournament rounds this year. Here are the stats as of today:

team/indv. statistics

http://sidearm.sites...ats.pdf?id=9226

It's interesting when looking at the stats. Stratton has the lowest average and has some great overall finishes. I know this can be misleading depending on the tournaments you're at (conditions and such). Sure seems like he should be playing #1 or 2 for the season...

Callaway Mavrik Subzero 10.5 Graphite Design ADDI 7XX
Srixon U85 2,3,4 Nippon NSPro 1050s
Srixon 785 5-PW Nippon NSPro 1050s
Cleveland RTX-4 Tour Raw 50,55,61 Nippon NSPro 1050s
Scotty Cameron Futura 5W 34.5

team/indv. statistics

http://sidearm.sites...ats.pdf?id=9226

It's interesting when looking at the stats. Stratton has the lowest average and has some great overall finishes. I know this can be misleading depending on the tournaments you're at (conditions and such). Sure seems like he should be playing #1 or 2 for the season...

plus, he is going to finish this year with a 4.0 gpa BOTH semesters majoring in Finance with no electives this year, all business classes, BUT

He is not tall enough......... LOL