2024 Rocket Mortgage Classic WITB Photos ×

judging players by their bags

MtlJeff

My clubs

The M2 and SL irons says you buy new and believe the hype. But my fairway woods G15s and my baffler hybrids says you are old school . The truth? I rarely change my driver and the rest except for the irons.

My golf bag speaks volumes. The Nickent bag says he's cheap.

Driver: Callaway Epic Flash 10.5

4W Callaway Epic Flash
Hybrids: 4-5 Epic Flash    
               6-7 Big Bertha 

7 Ping G430 played as an 8

8,9 Eleven 

Irons: PXG Gen4 XP 6&GW

Wedges: PXG 0311 52 56 degree Forged

Putter: Ping Sigma G Ketsch B

I wish I could contribute more by telling people my thoughts, but it typically just comes down to looking at the irons for me. If I see blades, especially really new or really old I'm generally comfortable assuming I'm not going to be the worst in the foursome. AP2s pretty much always mean the person's a good player. Newer drivers and woods mean the person cares about his game. Tour ball other than ProVs another indicator of a better player. Beyond that, I just try to watch a swing or two to see how put together everything is.

If anyone wants to give my bag a go, here it is:

Tmag M1(2016): 9.5*, Aldila Rogue Silver 60X, front weight neutral, back weight about half way forward

Tmag M1 (2016): 3w, adjusted to 14.25*, Rogue Silver 70X, weights centered and together

Tmag M1 (2016): 2h, stock everything except grip

TP UDI 2-iron: DG X100 tour issue, .25" short

TP MC 3-P: DG X100, .25" short, 7-P 1* upright

Cleveland 588 RTX: 52*, stock everything except grip

Cleveland 588 RTX 2.0: 58*, stock everything, tour wrap grip instead of GP new decade like everything else

SeeMore z2Tour putter, super stroke 3.0 grip

New Gen TP5x ball, #69 with text "If found please call [my actuall cell #]" on the side

You'll notice that is 15 clubs, for tournament rounds I go with some combination of the hybrid, 2i, and 3i depending on course conditions. Bag is either a Datrek stand bag held together with zip ties or a University of Memphis cart bag, depending on where I'm playing and with whom (and on how much alcohol I'm stashing in it). Curious to hear your thoughts.

Curious about thoughts on my setup :

TM R15 9.5*

King Cobra Baffler 18* 2 Hybrid

King Cobra Baffler 23* 4 Hybrid

Callaway Apex Pro 16 4-PW

Callaway Mack Daddy 3 50*,54*,58* - S-Grind

Odyssey O-Works 7s Red 35"

Chrome Soft

I think you're a 9 or so . Likely struggle a tad off the tee and with iron yardages . Just a guess judging by the chromesoft ball. My guess is your a baller with your hybrids however

Here's my bag

Epic subzero 8* elements chrome TX

GBB 3 wood hazdurs red 6.5 76

Subzero 5 wood hazdrus red 6.5 76

23&27 apex hybrid with kbs hybrid shafts

6-p apex pro 16 irons KbS 120 stiff

50-54-58 Md forged

54 bent to 56 so 12 bounce and 58 bent to 60 and all the bounce grounded off

Counterbalanced garsen Spider

Srixon Xv ball

That part is interesting! Why would you think someone is struggling just cause they play the Chrome Soft?

Im guessing he said that bc there have been mentions of the CS jumping on some iron shots. Its pretty absurd to guess somebody has distance control issues bc they play the CS soft though.

I personally played the chromesoft and would hit a few really confusing 175 yard 9 irons 30 yards deep etc . Could never get distances dialed down with the chromesoft

What are your thoughts on having the whole bag match a brand? I ask this question, because I don't think I've seen a single person on here that has an entirely matching set, but I see them on the course a ton. Obviously, it's common at the pro level because of money, but what about amatures that have a fully matching set.

For instance:

1. 917D3 Titleist

2. H1 Titleist Hybrid

3. AP2s

4. Vokeys

5. Scotty Putter

I use Titleist as an example, but could be done with any golf brand....

Another question to go along with that: If there's a bunch of guys with matching sets, what does the brand they choose to have match say about them?

What are your thoughts on having the whole bag match a brand? I ask this question, because I don't think I've seen a single person on here that has an entirely matching set, but I see them on the course a ton. Obviously, it's common at the pro level because of money, but what about amatures that have a fully matching set.

For instance:

1. 917D3 Titleist

2. H1 Titleist Hybrid

3. AP2s

4. Vokeys

5. Scotty Putter

Another question to go along with that: If there's a bunch of guys with matching sets, what does the brand they choose to have match say about them?

I've reviewed some bags on here and one of the best...Swing Blues, judged mine (http://www.golfwrx.c...0#entry13899168). if you like, go ahead and give my updated gamer bag a review since it's a full matching branded bag:

Nike Vapor Flex 440 driver 12.5* Diamana Blueboard

Nike Vapor Fly 3 wood 15* Diamana Blueboard

Nike Vapor Fly 3 hybrid 20* Diamana Blueboard

Nike Vapor Fly Pro 4-AW DG Pro S300

Nike Engage 54* SS and 58* DS

Nike Method Matter m4-12

Nike Air Hybrid II Bag

Couple clues: I typically walk and as such I drop the 58* because I found that I rarely hit it and it makes walking 18 a bit easier.

Good thread......let me play....Thx.

Driver - Titleist 915F D3 10.5 Diamana Blue Stiff

3 Wood - Titleist 915F 15 degrees Diamana Blue Stiff

5 Wood - Ping I25 18 degrees PWR65 Stiff

Hybrid - Titleist 915F 22 degrees Diamana Blue Stiff

Irons Mizuno MP68 4-PW DG 300 Stiff

Wedge 1 - Callaway MD3 54 degrees TT Tour Issue

Wedge 2 - Callaway MD PM 60 degrees KBS Wedge Shaft

Putter - Ping Sigma Doon Counter Balanced 35"

[size=3][font=comic sans ms,cursive]driver - Titleist 915 D3 10.5[/font][/size]
[size=3][font=comic sans ms,cursive]fairway - Ping I25 18 degree 5 wood
hybrid - Ben Hogan VKTR 19 & 23
Irons - Mizuno MP68 3-PW
wedges Mizuno MP-T5 50-58
putter - Ping Sigma G Doon[/font][/size]

For instance:

1. 917D3 Titleist

2. H1 Titleist Hybrid

3. AP2s

4. Vokeys

5. Scotty Putter

Will take this first bit just as it pertains to me personally, but it appeases my OCD tendencies when things match.

I've reviewed some bags on here and one of the best...Swing Blues, judged mine (http://www.golfwrx.c...0#entry13899168). if you like, go ahead and give my updated gamer bag a review since it's a full matching branded bag:

Nike Method Matter m4-12

Nike Air Hybrid II Bag

Couple clues: I typically walk and as such I drop the 58* because I found that I rarely hit it and it makes walking 18 a bit easier.

So I'll start off by saying you're a Nike guy...

The driver spec'd as it is makes me think you're probably someone with with a negative angle of attack on the driver. It's either that or you've got one of the flattest swings out there. The Flex 440 is one of the few options available that gives you the smaller headshape of a full-size 440cc driver while still being able to loft-up and get the height you need in combination with the Blueboard shaft so you're not just going out hunting birds or rabbits 100 yards down the fairway with every tee shot. Might not be the longest off the tee, but I'd doubt you have any issues finding the fairway and your game now favors accuracy and plotting your way around the course.

I'm pretty sure there are still a lot of guys on tour who bag similar 3 woods to this one and it wouldn't surprise me if it was one of your favorites too. I'd also guess you probably get this out there close to as far as your driver on a well struck one and because of that it gets it's chances from the tee occasionally. You probably go up in weight a touch with the blueboard for this one compared to your driver, but nothing beats that feel and launch for your game.

Three hybrid rounds out the top corner of your bag and gives you length and height from the fairway or tee if need be with more confidence than you'd have shooting an equally lofted fairway wood. Lining up at the ball with this thing is as easy as take aim and fire. At least it feels that way with it's bright neon and volt colors.

Vapor fly pro irons in the bag with S300 - this is a solid combo, but also one that's making it difficult for me to get a feel for your age, swing, etc. These are great sticks. They also work for such a wide array of golfers across different skill levels. Part of me thinks you might be a player in your mid-teen years working at cutting strokes off your index while playing for your HS; and another part of me thinks you might be closer to expecting grandkids to come along soon like a guy I know who plays a similar set-up. Your bag has me stumped. Either way I'd wager that iron play is one of the better parts of your game.

Carrying a couple (occasionally) specialized wedges probably helps keep things simple when evaluating how to play a shot. It can be a huge help to the game when you aren't locking yourself into paralysis by analysis and waffling between flopping one up soft or playing a lower, spinny/checky pitch onto the green. You just hit your shot and let the rest of the short game clean-up.

Putter is a tidy shape and doesn't have any unnecessary frills. Thing just rolls putts and so long as you're feeling good about it any given day the putting can get hot. When you're not though the putting stats take a real slump and are one of the most frustrating parts of your game in terms of consistency.

Really neat and fun set-up. Let me know how bad I botched this one; as I mentioned it had me stumped in parts.

Love this thread

Let's see if anyone can get close

Nike Vapor Fly Pro 9.5 fujikura atmos black 7x

Titleist 915F 13.5 & 18 degree Diamana white board x-stiff

Nike vapor pro 3-pw DG x100 amt

Cleveland cg 15 52 & 58

Bettanardi QB8

Taylormade TP5

Hmm, does the ball go farther these days, or are athletes taking over golf? Gstew is the argument for athletes taking over golf. Wearing Nike baseball cleats all through high school and college, Nike was the clear choice for this transition to golf. I'm envisioning a strong guy who is fit. 28 years old, 6'2" and 200 lbs. Maybe a little inside take away, then full on hit. Beautiful high draws off the tee that clear trees and roll onto the fringes of par 4 holes. With the occasional miss the golf course by 50 yards to the right! LOL. On narrower holes, the miss is worrying, so the strong 3 wood is the club of choice. Really it should always be, but when the driver is on, look out! Best driver days are when teeing it low and letting it fade, but from behind the ball, the shot looks like a clanker compared to the high draw. Why no 56? Don't need one. Besides, the 3 iron is also used from the tee a ton! If a club was to be pulled to make room for another wedge, it would be the 7-iron, but that just feels funny. The Bettanardi is a beautiful flat stick, but why no Scotty? Or no Vokey? Or no ProV1X? Gstew doesn't want to look like he's just going with the name brands, and he hates that Nike closed shop. But it is almost time to shop for new wedges. Now what wedges will Rory go with next season???

I would only go with the same Brand in my bag if I was being paid or if that what worked best for my swing.

Callaway Sub Zero

TM M1 2016 model 19*

Tm M2 2016 16. High Launch

Ping G25 22* hybrid

Srixon 765 4-W - 2 flat

Cleveland Wedges 54 & 58 - 2 flat

EVNROLL Putter ER1 - 2 flat one degree strong

I was custom fit at for everything. This is what works best for me at this point.

Most golfers probably wouldn't play one brand if they were properly fit for their clubs.

That's just my opinion.

Love this thread

Let's see if anyone can get close

Nike Vapor Fly Pro 9.5 fujikura atmos black 7x

Titleist 915F 13.5 & 18 degree Diamana white board x-stiff

Nike vapor pro 3-pw DG x100 amt

Cleveland cg 15 52 & 58

Bettanardi QB8

Taylormade TP5

Hmm, does the ball go farther these days, or are athletes taking over golf? Gstew is the argument for athletes taking over golf. Wearing Nike baseball cleats all through high school and college, Nike was the clear choice for this transition to golf. I'm envisioning a strong guy who is fit. 28 years old, 6'2" and 200 lbs. Maybe a little inside take away, then full on hit. Beautiful high draws off the tee that clear trees and roll onto the fringes of par 4 holes. With the occasional miss the golf course by 50 yards to the right! LOL. On narrower holes, the miss is worrying, so the strong 3 wood is the club of choice. Really it should always be, but when the driver is on, look out! Best driver days are when teeing it low and letting it fade, but from behind the ball, the shot looks like a clanker compared to the high draw. Why no 56? Don't need one. Besides, the 3 iron is also used from the tee a ton! If a club was to be pulled to make room for another wedge, it would be the 7-iron, but that just feels funny. The Bettanardi is a beautiful flat stick, but why no Scotty? Or no Vokey? Or no ProV1X? Gstew doesn't want to look like he's just going with the name brands, and he hates that Nike closed shop. But it is almost time to shop for new wedges. Now what wedges will Rory go with next season???

?? it's pretty scary how accurate you are. I had to double check your profile to make sure we didn't know each other lol. Played college baseball

Nike Method Matter m4-12

Nike Air Hybrid II Bag

So I'll start off by saying you're a Nike guy...

The driver spec'd as it is makes me think you're probably someone with with a negative angle of attack on the driver. It's either that or you've got one of the flattest swings out there. The Flex 440 is one of the few options available that gives you the smaller headshape of a full-size 440cc driver while still being able to loft-up and get the height you need in combination with the Blueboard shaft so you're not just going out hunting birds or rabbits 100 yards down the fairway with every tee shot. Might not be the longest off the tee, but I'd doubt you have any issues finding the fairway and your game now favors accuracy and plotting your way around the course.

I'm pretty sure there are still a lot of guys on tour who bag similar 3 woods to this one and it wouldn't surprise me if it was one of your favorites too. I'd also guess you probably get this out there close to as far as your driver on a well struck one and because of that it gets it's chances from the tee occasionally. You probably go up in weight a touch with the blueboard for this one compared to your driver, but nothing beats that feel and launch for your game.

Three hybrid rounds out the top corner of your bag and gives you length and height from the fairway or tee if need be with more confidence than you'd have shooting an equally lofted fairway wood. Lining up at the ball with this thing is as easy as take aim and fire. At least it feels that way with it's bright neon and volt colors.

Vapor fly pro irons in the bag with S300 - this is a solid combo, but also one that's making it difficult for me to get a feel for your age, swing, etc. These are great sticks. They also work for such a wide array of golfers across different skill levels. Part of me thinks you might be a player in your mid-teen years working at cutting strokes off your index while playing for your HS; and another part of me thinks you might be closer to expecting grandkids to come along soon like a guy I know who plays a similar set-up. Your bag has me stumped. Either way I'd wager that iron play is one of the better parts of your game.

Carrying a couple (occasionally) specialized wedges probably helps keep things simple when evaluating how to play a shot. It can be a huge help to the game when you aren't locking yourself into paralysis by analysis and waffling between flopping one up soft or playing a lower, spinny/checky pitch onto the green. You just hit your shot and let the rest of the short game clean-up.

Putter is a tidy shape and doesn't have any unnecessary frills. Thing just rolls putts and so long as you're feeling good about it any given day the putting can get hot. When you're not though the putting stats take a real slump and are one of the most frustrating parts of your game in terms of consistency.

Really neat and fun set-up. Let me know how bad I botched this one; as I mentioned it had me stumped in parts.

Nike guy as I've had many friends and family work for Nike. That ranges from contracts to manufacture goods to Nike WHQ. I worked at the company store years ago as well. So I guess you could say there's a special affinity to Nike. I still live about 10mi from WHQ and still have many friends/family/clients that work for or with Nike in different capacities.

On to the clubs:

In all honesty I don't know if I have a negative aoa or not. I find that no matter what I've adjusted my drivers to, I seem to get the same height but the 12.5* seems to get me the best distance. You may be on to something though. I definitely have a flat swing though... 1000%. I actually picked up the 2 flex 440's. One for me, one for my friend. I was really comfortable with my old Vapor Pro, but seeing my friend end up 20yds further than me (when I hit equal or further to him) i had to switch it up to the 440 as well. My game has evolved into finding fairways and I'm looking more at accuracy than distance. I figure...10 more yds is only one less club - and I should be proficient at all clubs so it shouldnt make much difference as long as I'm playing the right tees (but i still can't let my friends outdrive me!).

The 3wd is one of my favorites when I connect. I love the feel and the sound. I've grown less and less fond of the 3wd in general as I can't hit a 3wd (or my 3hy for that matter) worth a $h...t. I do take it off the tee occasionally but I prefer to hit my 4i. The 3hy does round out the bag and I debated whether to carry a 3hy or 5wd. Was able to get the 3wd and 3hy at steals (friends/family at nike). But I really love my 4i...

Which brings me to the VFP's...

Have a friend who worked at Nike Golf at WHQ. Was fortunate to get a pass to get a fitting done at a local course. I knew I wanted something that has a more "players look" than my previous burner 2.0's. But something that I had confidence hitting. The Pro's and Pro Combo's felt like they'd be too....hard to hit. But it really came down to $$$ and the VFP's won out as the least expensive set. Fortunately I was able to get them fitted and out the door at prices that were a little less than what they've been retailing at after nike made the announcement. Looking back, I really wits I'd have gone with the Pro Combo's but I've got a set of Pro's waiting to get adjusted and we'll see. I'm definitely not in my mid teens, although I wish I found golf earlier - like in HS or sooner. I'm also not expecting any grandkids as I don't have children yet and my iron play has been getting stronger.

For the wedges I've dropped the 58* for so long that I've become pretty proficient in all sorts of different shots with the 54*. You're right about not getting not getting into paralysis by analysis...Let me grab my 54* - do i need to get over something or can i hit it low and make it check, that's all i need to think about.

Putter is an oddball - picked it up on a whim and immediately loved the feel of the rzn insert - much improved over the ignite "trusty rusty" i love the feedback i get from the MM and the weight is perfect to keep me in tempo, rhythm and speed. I'm generally a 2 putts per hole type of guy - my stats say I'm 1.9 per hole. I'd say my putter is the most consistent part of my game.

Good judging though. Thanks it was a fun read!

Do me Do me

Nike Covert 2.0 10.5 Regular 44.5"

Cobra Fly Z 5-7 wood at 17 degrees Stiff

Taylormade RBZ 3 and 4 Hybrids cut 1 inch

Srixon Z565 5 to AW Modus 3 105 Regular

Cleveland 588 RTX 56 and 60 degree wedges

Odyssey White Hot Pro #7 34"

Srixon Q Star or Q Star Tour ball

I will do you (phrasing), mainly because your handle is hilarious, and Butters is my favorite sp character:

When I judge a bag, I assume you're cart is sitting outside the clubhouse, you're not in it, the starter says "you're with the guy in that cart" and all I can see is your bag.

Based on the very diverse assortment of clubs in the bag, you've acquired all of them at different times. Depending on the condition of the clubs, it means one of two things: 1. ebay bargain hunter- less golf skill. or 2. these were acquired in a set of entirely unbiased fittings- ace.

When I see a Nike driver without the owner, I almost always assume they're age 28, and use to be/still are a big Tiger Woods fan.

But then I would likely get thrown off:

If we were at the course I probably wouldn't notice that you have a stiff shaft on the cobra, but would notice you have a ton of head covers in the bag. So, polar opposite of my nike driver assumption, I would think, "maybe it's an older guy, or a guy with a relatively slow swing speed". Also, because I am horrible at controlling hybrids/fairway woods, I would likely assume since you enjoy them, that you're strait with your long clubs.

The irons tell me you aren't willing to go with a cast set, and you don't really like the looks of a GI set, but you want the forgiveness of GI irons... I've hit them, they're great BTW.

Putters tell me little about a player, I've seen plus handicaps play with their first putter ever they couldn't sell for $5 if they wanted to, and I've seen hacks with $400 putters. My only assumption is that you picked this putter, and your wife didn't get it as a gift.

In summary, I would look at your golf bag and think, "What in the actual hell am I getting into?" Your bag would perplex me, and honestly I would be pretty interested to see you play a round of golf. Cool Set!

My bag is VERY different from yours, which is likely why I wouldn't know how to judge yours accurately. It has recently had some changes, so I'll re-post:

1. 917D3 (Rogue Max 75-Xstiff) (Gopher Head cover)

2. Titleist T-MB 2 Iron (Stiff Steel shafts on all irons)

3. Titleist 710 AP2's

4. Vokey SM4 52.8* 56.8* and 60.10* all in satin steel finish

5. Scotty Cameron California Del Mar 2013 ("Cash Is King" Scotty custom shop headcover)

I have two different bags, both used and about 8 years old.

My walker is an all black titleist stand bag that's pretty small and light.

My cart bag is one I bought used in mediocre condition, but it's a silver tour bag with Adam Scott, Ernie Els and DLIII stitched in sigs on the shoe pouch.

Do me Do me

Nike Covert 2.0 10.5 Regular 44.5"

Cobra Fly Z 5-7 wood at 17 degrees Stiff

Taylormade RBZ 3 and 4 Hybrids cut 1 inch

Srixon Z565 5 to AW Modus 3 105 Regular

Cleveland 588 RTX 56 and 60 degree wedges

Odyssey White Hot Pro #7 34"

Srixon Q Star or Q Star Tour ball

I will do you (phrasing), mainly because your handle is hilarious, and Butters is my favorite sp character:

When I judge a bag, I assume you're cart is sitting outside the clubhouse, you're not in it, the starter says "you're with the guy in that cart" and all I can see is your bag.

Based on the very diverse assortment of clubs in the bag, you've acquired all of them at different times. Depending on the condition of the clubs, it means one of two things: 1. ebay bargain hunter- less golf skill. or 2. these were acquired in a set of entirely unbiased fittings- ace.

When I see a Nike driver without the owner, I almost always assume they're age 28, and use to be/still are a big Tiger Woods fan.

But then I would likely get thrown off:

If we were at the course I probably wouldn't notice that you have a stiff shaft on the cobra, but would notice you have a ton of head covers in the bag. So, polar opposite of my nike driver assumption, I would think, "maybe it's an older guy, or a guy with a relatively slow swing speed". Also, because I am horrible at controlling hybrids/fairway woods, I would likely assume since you enjoy them, that you're strait with your long clubs.

The irons tell me you aren't willing to go with a cast set, and you don't really like the looks of a GI set, but you want the forgiveness of GI irons... I've hit them, they're great BTW.

Putters tell me little about a player, I've seen plus handicaps play with their first putter ever they couldn't sell for $5 if they wanted to, and I've seen hacks with $400 putters. My only assumption is that you picked this putter, and your wife didn't get it as a gift.

In summary, I would look at your golf bag and think, "What in the actual hell am I getting into?" Your bag would perplex me, and honestly I would be pretty interested to see you play a round of golf. Cool Set!

My bag is VERY different from yours, which is likely why I wouldn't know how to judge yours accurately. It has recently had some changes, so I'll re-post:

1. 917D3 (Rogue Max 75-Xstiff) (Gopher Head cover)

2. Titleist T-MB 2 Iron (Stiff Steel shafts on all irons)

3. Titleist 710 AP2's

4. Vokey SM4 52.8* 56.8* and 60.10* all in satin steel finish

5. Scotty Cameron California Del Mar 2013 ("Cash Is King" Scotty custom shop headcover)

I have two different bags, both used and about 8 years old.

My walker is an all black titleist stand bag that's pretty small and light.

My cart bag is one I bought used in mediocre condition, but it's a silver tour bag with Adam Scott, Ernie Els and DLIII stitched in sigs on the shoe pouch.

That was great. You were super close on everything. I turn 29 next week.

Everything except the irons were a bargain and I just get whatever i want. I did buy everything brand new though, but again bargains.

I like to think i'm an average swing speed above 90 driver ss and slightly under 80 with my 6i.

good stuff!

What a cool thread. I'd like to give it a whack:

Taylormade R9 Driver with a Speeder 757 Evolution Tour spec 7.2 Stiff flex

Taylormade Burner TP (tour van issue) 5 wood head on a three wood length shaft Diamana Kali 70 gram x flex

Ping G20 3 hybrid Adila Rogue hybrid shaft stiff flex

4-PW Titleist 714 AP2 KBS C-Taper Light 115 X flex

50, 54 degree SM5 vokey wedges KBS C-Taper X flex

64 degree Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind

Early 2000's Cleveland putter that's battered and knackered to hell and back that I've used for ever that just flat out works for me.

Ping 4 series carry bag, woods and hybrid hiding under matching ping leather headcovers. War-horse putter naked for the world to see.

All clubs massively counter weighted with lead tape under the grip, and smeared with lead tape covering all identifiable logo's and brand names on the back of the clubs (I like my clubs nice and heavy)

Taylormade Burner TP (tour van issue) 5 wood head on a three wood length shaft Diamana Kali 70 gram x flex

Early 2000's Cleveland putter that's battered and knackered to hell and back that I've used for ever that just flat out works for me.

Ping 4 series carry bag, woods and hybrid hiding under matching ping leather headcovers. War-horse putter naked for the world to see.

All clubs massively counter weighted with lead tape under the grip, and smeared with lead tape covering all identifiable logo's and brand names on the back of the clubs (I like my clubs nice and heavy)

I feel like you're a guy that likes to tinker, with both swing and equipment. The heavier shaft in the driver and the lead tape tells me you've fot quite an aggressive transition. The 5W head on a 3W shaft could be to get more hight since you're prone to closing the face a bit at impact and also probably hit down on the ball quite a lot. I bet your stock shot shape is a lower draw.

My bag is as follows:

Callaway XR16 9* at 8* neutral. Speeder 565 stiff shaft.

Callaway XR16 3W. Speeder 565 stiff.

Srixon Z U65 20*. NS Pro Modus3 130 stiff

Srixon Z565 4-7. NS Pro Modus3 130 stiff

Srixon Z7658-PW. NS Pro Modus3 130 stiff

Cleveland RTX 2.0 CB 50/8, 56/14, 60/12

Cleveland TFI Halo putter with Superstroke Flatso 2.0

All irons are 2* upright and 0.5" longer than standard.

For instance:

1. 917D3 Titleist

2. H1 Titleist Hybrid

3. AP2s

4. Vokeys

5. Scotty Putter

Nike Method Matter m4-12

Nike Air Hybrid II Bag

I've got to say that when I see someone with a single brand in the bag I say to myself "take any bet this guy will give you". No offense but most likely a guy who has not found the best clubs for him. More than likely a guy who gets by with brand loyalty over winning a wager. "I may have lost $50 but I got the coolest looking bag full of x-brand clubs". Seriously, I know a guy with a Callaway tattoo. Sorry but I don't see the upside in that.

If I'm brand loyal to anything it would have to be Exotics. Here's my set up;

Driver-Titleist 8.5 905S aldila rogue 60 msi110 stiff

3wood-Exotics 13 e8 beta elements earth 70 stiff

4wood-Exotics cb pro 16.5 white tie stiff

3 and 4 hybrid- exotics xcg6 black tie stiff

5-7 irons-maltby dbm black cavity backs kbs ctaper 130

G-8 irons-maltby mmb black blades kbs ctaper 130

60-hogan tk15 bent to 58 kbs ctaper 120

Putter-bettinardi studio stock #3 with fit face

jslane57

Would love it if you would do mine

Epic Sub Zero 8- Fubuki J 70 X

Epic Sub Zero 14.5- fubuki J 80 X

Epic Sub Zero 18- fubuki J 80 X

Apex CF16 4-9- TT Dynamic Gold TI X100

Titleist SM4- 45, 50, 55, 60- KBS 610 125

Bettinardi Studio Stock 1

Taylormade Stealth 2 Plus 7*........................Project X Smoke Green 60 TX
Taylormade Stealth Plus 13*.........................Fujikura Ventus Black 8X
Taylormade Stealth Plus 17*.........................Fujikura Ventus Black 9X

Srixon ZX Utility 3..........................................Fujikura Ventus Black 10TX
Srixon ZX Utility 4..........................................Dynamic Gold X7
Srixon ZX7 5-9...............................................Dynamic Gold X7
Cleveland Zipcore Raw 47, 53......................Dynamic Gold X7

Vokey Wedge Works V Grind 59..................Dynamic Gold S400
Yes! Ann.........................................................KBS GPS 120

Since you mentioned lead tape in my book that automaticly makes you ok in my book.......... I would say you are a guy who is not brand loyal and know what works for you and can fine tune it to work for you. You are also a player that does not believe newer is better. I think you may be a serious gamer.

Now mine has changed a lot since this thread started way back when. Back then I was under contract doing R&D on Infiniti Golf Equipment. Now I do not so basically this is what I am gaming now which can change some from my signature from week to week

Driver Titleist 915 D-2 Diamana 60R

3 wood Adams Super S Mitsubishi Bassara 55R

Hybrid TM Rescue 19* Project X 6.0

Hybrid TM Rescue 22* Stock TM Stiff

Irons 5 thru PW Callaway 2013 X Forged CB Project X PXI 5.5

GW Titleist Vokey 52* S-300

SW Wilson JP 2 56* S-300

Putter 1997 Vintage Scotty Santa Fe rusty and lead taped

Bag either 08 Vintage Titleist mini staff or 90s model Power Bilt mini staff

I do switch around on wedges quite a bit since I am a wedge Ho If I do not carry the JP I usually carry an old 588 Cleveland. I do not play comp any more or big money matches so I do not care about conforming wedges. Out of all the wedges I own I do have 2 conforming just in case. BTW I use an older leather Cleveland barrel style cover on the driver and an old school Ping fuzzy cover on the 3 wood. None on the hybrids and none on the putter. I flat refuse to game a putter I have to use a cover on

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

3W--- TM V-Steel TMR7 REAX 55g R

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

5 Hybrid-- Cobra Baffler DWS NVS 60A High Launch

Irons 5 thru PW 1985 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW -- Cleveland 588 56* Shaft Unknown

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter -- Rusty 1997 Scottie Santa Fe-- Fluted Bulls Eye Shaft

I'll toss mine out there since the bag just changed a bit

Driver- Ping G400 10.5* - Stock Alta CB55- Stiff

3 Wood- Titleist 910F- Made for Diamana Kai'li 75 Stiff

3-P- Titleist 712 AP1- Stock Dynalite Gold XP- Stiff

GW- Vokey SM4 50.08 F DGS300

SW- Vokey SM6 58.04 L DGS300 (Left my SM4 on a hole and someone kept it)

LW- Vokey SM4 60.10 M DG S300

Putter- Odyssey Black Series Tour #8

Bag- Ping Hoofer

Ball- ProV1X

Since you mentioned lead tape in my book that automaticly makes you ok in my book.......... I would say you are a guy who is not brand loyal and know what works for you and can fine tune it to work for you. You are also a player that does not believe newer is better. I think you may be a serious gamer.

Now mine has changed a lot since this thread started way back when. Back then I was under contract doing R&D on Infiniti Golf Equipment. Now I do not so basically this is what I am gaming now which can change some from my signature from week to week

Driver Titleist 915 D-2 Diamana 60R

3 wood Adams Super S Mitsubishi Bassara 55R

Hybrid TM Rescue 19* Project X 6.0

Hybrid TM Rescue 22* Stock TM Stiff

Irons 5 thru PW Callaway 2013 X Forged CB Project X PXI 5.5

GW Titleist Vokey 52* S-300

SW Wilson JP 2 56* S-300

Putter 1997 Vintage Scotty Santa Fe rusty and lead taped

Bag either 08 Vintage Titleist mini staff or 90s model Power Bilt mini staff

I do switch around on wedges quite a bit since I am a wedge Ho If I do not carry the JP I usually carry an old 588 Cleveland. I do not play comp any more or big money matches so I do not care about conforming wedges. Out of all the wedges I own I do have 2 conforming just in case. BTW I use an older leather Cleveland barrel style cover on the driver and an old school Ping fuzzy cover on the 3 wood. None on the hybrids and none on the putter. I flat refuse to game a putter I have to use a cover on

Thanks for the kind words Big Stu...I dig your style brother. I've read quite a few of your posts in the classic golfers forum. I love the old equipment myself and have quite a garage full.

I tinker, especially with driver shafts. Lately, I've gone softer flex to try and hit it straighter, and I have to say - it's helped. I have a swing speed of near about 115mph with the driver, but in my experience going with a higher spinning softer shaft really helps me get a reliable draw that finds fairways. As for the old Taylor made woods, can't find anything that works better for me. Found many that are longer, but long is only good if accurate.

Be good brother. Keep on doing things your way big hoss!

Best,

Matt

Driver Taylormade M2 '17 9.5° / Tensei CK Pro White 60TX

3 wood Taylormade M2 '17 15° / HZRDUS T1100 75 6.5

Alt. 3 wood Taylormade M2 Tour 15° / HZRDUS Black 75 6.5

5 wood Taylormade M2 Tour 18° / HZRDUS Black 75 6.5

3-PW Mizuno JPX 900 Tour / DG Tour Issue X100

52° Vokey SM6 Raw F Grind / DG Tour Issue S400

56° Vokey SM6 Raw S Grind / DG Tour Issue S400

60° Vokey SM6 Raw M Grind / DG Tour Issue S400

Scotty Cameron Circle T Newport 2 Timeless Carbon

Ball: Vice Pro Plus #3

That I'm brand loyal... Ping everything, except for a Mil Spec putter. I want my set to look good.

Absolutely nothing wrong with that if that is your thing

First glance at my $3.50 Goodwill Maroon and Paisley Spaulding 3 slot bag and no one pays any attention....to the gems inside!

LOL Goodwill is where I got my late 80s early 90s Power Bilt mini staff bag from ---- but I beat you there I only paid $2.99 for mine! I get some quizzical looks from the younger tourist crowd because they know nothing about Power-Bilt

I'll toss mine out there since the bag just changed a bit

Driver- Ping G400 10.5* - Stock Alta CB55- Stiff

3 Wood- Titleist 910F- Made for Diamana Kai'li 75 Stiff

3-P- Titleist 712 AP1- Stock Dynalite Gold XP- Stiff

GW- Vokey SM4 50.08 F DGS300

SW- Vokey SM6 58.04 L DGS300 (Left my SM4 on a hole and someone kept it)

LW- Vokey SM4 60.10 M DG S300

Putter- Odyssey Black Series Tour #8

Bag- Ping Hoofer

Ball- ProV1X

You're a gamer, you care about how your gear performs, but you aren't a tinkerer-lots of stock shafts.

LTDx LS 11.5* - Tensei White 65X

G430 Max 15* - Ping Chrome 75S

King Tec Hybrid 19* - MMT 80S

T150 4-PW - PX 6.5

SM8 50F @ 49, 54S @ 55, 60M

SC NP2

The 8 or 9 time club champion at my old course (also a personal friend) is still playing the same wedges and putter he played in college (he is in his 50's now), 670MB's and still rocking a 904 3 wood with UST Proforce V2 shaft and 905 driver with a Graffaloy Blue shaft. He walks every round with a bag that looks like something from Bagger Vance. He is real good, probably the best golfer I know on a personal level. Obviously, he doesn't care what you are playing or what you think about his bag and the weapons in it. Hahaha.

TSI3 9 Pro White
TSI2 15  Pro White

TSI2 18  Pro Blue/MIZUNO FLI-HI 3 Iron Pro White
PXG 0311T P-7/0311P 6-4
VOKEY SM7 RAW 52F 08
VOKEY SM7 RAW 56S 10
VOKEY SM7 RAW 60L 04
CAMERON NEWPORT 2/CAMERON 6M
PRO V1X