Girl Golfer TaylorMade M2 P790 , Spider Webs , & Autism

• Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='LUMA' timestamp='1374644445' post='7527672']
Very nice setup.

On a personal note, I have been dealing with terrible anxiety and panic attacks myself for the past 3 years. Things changed in my life and these symptoms developed after many years of intense stress. You dont understand it till it happens. I'm right there with you in some ways. For me, playing golf definitely helps me de stress and get my mind off things.

Keep on keeping on! Congrats on the wins!
[/quote]

[color=#800080]I finds tryings to fight thems off is the most exhausting process in my life. I do gets them on the courses from various triggers. It is frustrating. Only so much can be done to control thems. It is my struggle with golfing. To play golf through it is sometimes almost impossible.[/color]

[quote name='nacho' timestamp='1374680670' post='7529666']
Speaking from someone who has bad anxiety,this site is a great place to get out of your personal bubble. For the most part the people are very supportive although you had some of the few negative people post on your last WITB. I wish you the best in your future golf adventures.
[/quote]

[color=#800080]Yes , i was nots prepared for such bad responses. Posting old swing videos ands things only let thems hurts me more so. At least now i haves a few wins ands bunch of top five finishes to nots let them haves reasons to do it again. I haves met a few older women that haves almost *adopted* me in ways ands want me to succeed ands help.[/color]

Really cool bag! I see your creativity and uniqueness!

Cobra King F9 Speedback 9PX EvenFlow White T-1100 6.5-X 75g

Cobra King F9 Speedback Baffler Tour 4-5 17.5GD Tour AD TP-8x

Cobra King RAD Speed 21*  UST Mamiya Recoil ESX 480 F5

Callaway '09 X-Forged 4-5i  PX Flighted 6.0

Titleist 910H 27Oban Kiyoshi Purple 05 100
Cobra S3 Pro Forged CB/MB 6-PW  TT DG TI S400
Titleist Vokey Sm7 52/58*  TT DG S200
Bettinardi  '19 Queen B #6  35"

Titleist AVX/ProV1-V1x

Awesome bag! And, thanks for sharing your experiences. Sorry to read about some of your negative experiences and responses. I hope that golf and this site continue to be a place for you to enjoy and compete and find friendship.

I am a 39 year old attorney that has been battling anxiety issues for about 7 years now. For the first several years, I couldn't explain what I was feeling, and why, but I knew that the golf course (or golf shop) was a safe harbor for me. A couple of years ago the anxiety attacks progressed to panic attacks and then full blow heart attacks. I have had four heart attacks since August 2011. I recently had to stop working out of fear that my legal practice may be one of my "triggers." Since leaving work, my anxiety issues have almost completely subsided, and my heart issues are gone. Golf continues to be my safe harbor, and i am in the process of rebuilding my health and professional life with great support from my friends and family. I hope you continue to find peace in the game as well, and that you continue your journey towards success in conquering your "triggers."

Over the years, i have learned that many on this board have dealt with their own struggles. While I hate that others experience such struggles, I do derive inspiration from knowing that I am not alone in my battles, and in learning of other members' victories over the obstacles they face. You are an inspiration to me, and I wish you continued success in golf and in life.

[color=#800080]It is more abouts managing the triggers. In golf it is abouts losing as little amounts of strokes as possible during the attacks ands meltdowns. That is gettings better.[/color]

[color=#800080]I gots the 3 Deep to try as driver replacements for accuracy. So far it has worked well. They go fars.[/color]

[color=#800080][attachment=1803078:3Deep (2).jpg][/color]

You are more brave than I am. I had an anxiety attack once on the golf course and I packed it in.

I give you SERIOUS props for competing and WINNING with the issues. It's amazing to say the least.

*The NE Florida Golf Realtor*

Titleist TSi3 9 deg / PX Hazardous Smoke Black RDX

Titleist 915 F 15 deg / Diamana 70
Titleist TSi2 18 deg Hybrid / PX Hazardous Smoke Black RDX
Titleist T100 / Project X 6.0

Titleist Vokey SM5 50/8F

Titleist Vokey SM9 54/10S 58/10S

Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport

[quote name='LUMA' timestamp='1374893359' post='7547892']
You are more brave than I am. I had an anxiety attack once on the golf course and I packed it in.

I give you SERIOUS props for competing and WINNING with the issues. It's amazing to say the least.
[/quote]

[color=#800080]It is nots easy. I took easy ways outs too often ands i wants to see how far my golf coulds take me. I play really good and am gettings better still. On side notes , i bought the Nike Lunar Control 2 Shoes ands they are finally shoes that feel always comfortable to my feet.[/color]

Very nice. I just got me some Puma's and I'm more more comfy throughout my round as well.

*The NE Florida Golf Realtor*

Titleist TSi3 9 deg / PX Hazardous Smoke Black RDX

Titleist 915 F 15 deg / Diamana 70
Titleist TSi2 18 deg Hybrid / PX Hazardous Smoke Black RDX
Titleist T100 / Project X 6.0

Titleist Vokey SM5 50/8F

Titleist Vokey SM9 54/10S 58/10S

Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport

[color=#222222][size=2]I am so happy that I stumbled upon your WITB. You definitely receive my vote for the bag of the year (the most interesting, and unique, set of clubs I have ever seen). What I love about the game of golf is that it knows not of our afflictions and/or struggles. I really enjoyed reading your posts. I will look forward to following your successes. [/size][/color]

Cobra King F9 10.5*
Cobra F9 14.5*
Cobra 18.5*
Adams Super S Hybrids 22*, 25*
NCW 24*, 28*, 33*, 38*, 43*, 48*, 53*
Mac Custom Grind 58* (NevadaGolfGuy Special)
Bradley, Geom, Machine, Mannkrafted, Ping, Rife, SGC, Scotty, Tad Moore, Xenon

Sammy

Great win and great equipment. I too am a big fan of the S56's and YES putters

I did a similar thing with my irons a few years back. Each iron had a different coloured grip on it and it sure helped when you were dragging three clubs to your ball - you knew it was the 8 if the grip was purple etc

Can I ask a little about your lofts in your woods and the fact that you carry a 2 iron ? You must be an excellent ball striker

Good luck with your tournaments going forward

Ping G430 10k Blueboard 53x

Ping G400 5w 16.9* Ventus Black 5x

Ping G400 7w 19.5* Ventus Red 6x

Ping G425 4h 22* Fuji TourSpec 8.2s

Ping i210 & s55 6 - PW Steelfiber 110s

Ping Glide Wrx 49*, 54*, 59*, Tour W 64* SF 125s

Scotty GoLo

[quote name='cardoustie' timestamp='1375191116' post='7567808']
Sammy

Great win and great equipment. I too am a big fan of the S56's and YES putters

I did a similar thing with my irons a few years back. Each iron had a different coloured grip on it and it sure helped when you were dragging three clubs to your ball - you knew it was the 8 if the grip was purple etc

Can I ask a little about your lofts in your woods and the fact that you carry a 2 iron ? You must be an excellent ball striker

Good luck with your tournaments going forward
[/quote]

[color=#800080]yes , i can hit the balls well. I like lower lofts. I am using pw through 4 iron now with 3 deep ands hybrid. I puts in three iron if driver comes out. I may haves retired the two iron for now.[/color]

[color=#800080]I qualified for match play in the state amateur today afters two days. I scored bad in second rounds , but i hads big panic attack again ands fell in a bunker from balance issues ands was limping arounds the course. I was proud i did nots give up like i haves in past this year.[/color]

[quote name='goobers80' timestamp='1375213860' post='7570622']
[color=#800080]yes , i can hit the balls well. I like lower lofts. I am using pw through 4 iron now with 3 deep ands hybrid. I puts in three iron if driver comes out. I may haves retired the two iron for now.[/color]

[color=#800080]I qualified for match play in the state amateur today afters two days. I scored bad in second rounds , but i hads big panic attack again ands fell in a bunker from balance issues ands was limping arounds the course. I was proud i did nots give up like i haves in past this year.[/color]
[/quote]

Good luck to you Goobers. Go kick some butt.

Mark - Havin fun in the AZ sun

• Driver - Callaway Rogue 10.5* Aldila Synergy Reg
  • 4W - Callaway Rogue 15* Aldila Quaranta Reg
  • 4H - Callaway Mavrik Max 21* Project X Catalyst Reg
  • Irons - Taylormade P790 4-PW UST Recoil 780 | F4 SMACWRAP Stiff
  • GW - Titleist Vokey 50*
  • SW - Titleist Vokey 54*
  • LW - Titleist Vokey 58*
  • Putter - Taylormade Spider Tour Black
  • Grips - Golf Pride Tour Velvet 360

Tournaments make golfers do funny things, nothing like moving something under you ball and watch it roll away and think DOH! Happens to us all. Get well soon and keep up the good work. Just think of Michelle Wie's rookie year on tour, how she stayed on tour after some of the things she did, took some guts!

[quote name='golferday' timestamp='1375247104' post='7574086']
how often do you practice?
[/quote]

[color=#800080]Once a day on something. Howevers , i do nots always hit balls while practicing. You peoples handle others *okay* . I do nots , so i am practicing social and golf. It is exhausting.[/color]

[color=#800080]Three days in a row of dealings with players , marshals , caddies , (etc) wore me outs so much i passed outs after the match. I wish it was just golf i hads to deal with.[/color]

[color=#800080]Most of practices i do is on the course. I haves to go back to beings who i am on the course. I lost myself a little this year. Playing too timid. I needs work on confidence most.[/color]

[quote name='PrO_D_BoMbEr' timestamp='1375309958' post='7579058']
Tournaments make golfers do funny things, nothing like moving something under you ball and watch it roll away and think DOH! Happens to us all. Get well soon and keep up the good work. Just think of Michelle Wie's rookie year on tour, how she stayed on tour after some of the things she did, took some guts!
[/quote]

[color=#800080]Yes , i was just too worn outs after three days of peoples being so close ands the golf. I screwed up ands i putted like a scaredy cat all week. I needs more experience in tournaments , so i signed up for as many as i coulds for the year. I will probably thinks back ands feel good at ends of year for all i put myself through ands got through it. There are no words really to describe how hards it is for me. If i do nots try , i would never have a chance in golf.[/color]

That's a crazy bag! Did you draw/paint all of the spider webs?? I love the colorful theme you have going on.

I also experience anxiety when forced into social situations, just not as extreme as yours. I get really exhausted when I have to socialize, and I get very, very small panic attacks when I start to over think the situation. It's a real problem, but my girlfriend thinks I'm just weird.

Taylormade RBZ Tour 10.5*
Adams Idea Pro a12 18*
Mizuno MP52 3-PW
Mizuno MP-T4 50* 54* 58*
Odyssey Tour Designs Black #9
WITB Link