Kirkland Signature (Costco) golf balls (MERGED) (NO BST POSTS) - (Update 4/3/18) Back In Stock

Comments

• snagy2000snagy2000 Members Posts: 1,540 ✭✭
    DavePelz4 wrote:

Off topic...but not off Costco...the "Chef's Cut" beef jerky is awesome. Brought some out last Saturday, shared it with our group and it was gone quickly. Deelish...

Is it peppered?
  • DavePelz4DavePelz4 A golf course in the Chicago area.ClubWRX Posts: 24,250 ClubWRX
    snagy2000 wrote:

DavePelz4 wrote:

Off topic...but not off Costco...the "Chef's Cut" beef jerky is awesome. Brought some out last Saturday, shared it with our group and it was gone quickly. Deelish...

Is it peppered?

This was the original version. It's smoked sirloin and very tender. They use a marinade and if I remember it was soy and Worcestershire.
  • ShilgyShilgy Members Posts: 11,300 ✭✭
    TsarBomba wrote:

Shilgy wrote:

TsarBomba wrote:

tsecor wrote:

While I disagree with your comment on being established, I agree with a lot of what you stated. but like anything else, some say a kia performs as good as a bmw for half the price. its all personal preference. for me, its mostly about feel, no bias towards any one brand Good post though. I definitely agreed with a majority of what you said

Well we can ceratinly agree to disagree when it comes to tech and being "established".

Funny you should bring up Kia. There is no Kia that performes as well at 1/2 the price.

However, you may want to read up on the Stinger and how it compares to an equally priced beemer. Especially since Kia stole BMW's M division chief and Audi's design chief, the outcome of which is the stinger..reports by all reviews are glaringly possitive...
    Stinger GT2 owner here. Car is awesome. Pricing is a bonus.

Very smart choice of car. What color?

Almost see the Stinger as the K-sig of cars!
    Black Pearl Except you can get them! image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
    WITB
    Tools for the job!

To paraphrase Dr Seuss: Don't cry because the round of golf is over-smile because it happened . :)

Game is recovering from total ankle replacement. Getting there and glad to be pain free!
    DavePelz4 wrote:

snagy2000 wrote:

DavePelz4 wrote:

Is it peppered?

This was the original version. It's smoked sirloin and very tender. They use a marinade and if I remember it was soy and Worcestershire.
    Is that the tour caddie's brand?
    WITB
    Tools for the job!

To paraphrase Dr Seuss: Don't cry because the round of golf is over-smile because it happened . :)

Game is recovering from total ankle replacement. Getting there and glad to be pain free!
  • DavePelz4DavePelz4 A golf course in the Chicago area.ClubWRX Posts: 24,250 ClubWRX
    Shilgy wrote:

DavePelz4 wrote:

snagy2000 wrote:

DavePelz4 wrote:

Is it peppered?

Great question Sir...I'm not sure if this is the one...that might be Kingmade?
  • TsarBombaTsarBomba Members Posts: 698
    DavePelz4 wrote:

Also on sale last night for 10 bucks for 14 oz..not sure if it still is
    TsarBomba wrote:

DavePelz4 wrote:

Also on sale last night for 10 bucks for 14 oz..not sure if it still is

Great deal, need to pick some up and try...This will cost you an arm & leg but so worth it...#Texas

672088_ZYnJLdgwfphI3j27Hjqr48N9iCpkM2jfxD6FGNfw3qg.jpg
    DavePelz4 wrote:

Shilgy wrote:

DavePelz4 wrote:

snagy2000 wrote:

DavePelz4 wrote:

Is it peppered?

Great question Sir...I'm not sure if this is the one...that might be Kingmade?
    Yep, you're correct
    WITB
    Tools for the job!

• SummaSumma Members Posts: 14
    I’ve been playing the last couple rounds with the K4 and the Chrone Soft. I prefer the K4. For me, it is longer with no lack of needed spin around the greens. I’m not a high feel player so I really don’t notice any difference there either. FWIW, my hcp is 7.
  • lil'mikelil'mike Members Posts: 1,264 ✭✭
    Summa wrote:

I've been playing the last couple rounds with the K4 and the Chrone Soft. I prefer the K4. For me, it is longer with no lack of needed spin around the greens. I'm not a high feel player so I really don't notice any difference there either. FWIW, my hcp is 7.

For me they are similar. Did you play the 2018 CS or the earlier version? I am referring to the earlier one as I haven't tried the new CS yet.
  • SummaSumma Members Posts: 14
    lil wrote:

Summa wrote:

I've been playing the last couple rounds with the K4 and the Chrone Soft. I prefer the K4. For me, it is longer with no lack of needed spin around the greens. I'm not a high feel player so I really don't notice any difference there either. FWIW, my hcp is 7.

For me they are similar. Did you play the 2018 CS or the earlier version? I am referring to the earlier one as I haven't tried the new CS yet.

Pretty sure they were 2017.
  • cristphotocristphoto Members Posts: 3,296 ✭✭
    Does anyone know the compression of the 4-piece Kirkland? Thanks.
  • chiro1100chiro1100 CanadaMembers Posts: 4
    edited Jul 10, 2018 #13214
    cristphoto wrote:

96.8 overall compression (golfballtest.org)
  • cristphotocristphoto Members Posts: 3,296 ✭✭
    chiro1100 wrote:

cristphoto wrote:

96.8 overall compression (golfballtest.org)

Thanks.
  • TingtingTingting Members Posts: 702 ✭✭
    Ive tolerated them running out of Kirkland balls on numerous occasions. But there is no way Ill tolerate them getting rid of the hot dogs

• adam667220adam667220 Members Posts: 861 ✭✭
    I know it's sacrilege for this thread but tonight I found a dozen original kSigs I didn't even know I had (along with a couple sleeves of PV1X. Playing 18 or 36 on Thursday. May have to take them out for a proper goodbye.
    BC+ Driver 10.5°
    BC+ 5 wood 16°
    Adam Idea Super XTD hybrid 21°
    Callaway X2 Hot Irons 5-AW
    52°,56°, 60° wedges
    Odyssey White Hot Pro 2cs
  • theboypinoytheboypinoy Members Posts: 2,038 ✭✭
    Tingting wrote:

Ive tolerated them running out of Kirkland balls on numerous occasions. But there is no way Ill tolerate them getting rid of the hot dogs

They got rid of Polish Sausages around here; not a big deal, since I go with the normal hot dogs, but...still.

I would love if they brought the bratwursts they have at Costcos in the Midwest image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
  • GolfiNutGolfiNut GolfiNut Members Posts: 244
    Thread finally dying...Nice run but all things fade over time.

Short of a new Ksig dump in near future

RIP Ksig Thread
  • pappaf2pappaf2 Members Posts: 3,467 ✭✭
    I should have some K3 / Ktrey's sitting on my portch when I get home. I am really curious to give them a try.
    Looks like there are still KTrey's in stock. Maybe this is going to be THE ball going forward?

P.S. Chef's Cut Beef Jerky is 2 thumbs up...and that's coming from a big jerk(y guy).
  • flushemflushem Members Posts: 1,445 ✭✭
    pappaf2 wrote:

I should have some K3 / Ktrey's sitting on my portch when I get home. I am really curious to give them a try.

Please see if ball quality/performance is consistent from one to another.
    WWG1 WGA
  • Burt ChanceBurt Chance I'm just here for the free beer. Members Posts: 757 ✭✭
    flushem wrote:

pappaf2 wrote:

I'm having a hard time finding a "definitive" review of the 3-piece. Is there anyone who can point me to some good reviews of the 3-piece ball? (User or publication review).

Thanks.
    Nike Vapor Speed TW Driver 10.5 °
    TM M2 3W-15°
    Nike Vapor Fly Pro 2 Iron 17°
    TaylorMade M1 3 Rescue 19°
    TaylorMade RSi TP Forged 4-PW
    Nike Engage 50 & 54 ° SS 60° DS
    Ping Karsten 1959 Anser 2
  • Break81Break81 Broke80 Members Posts: 2,021 ✭✭

flushem wrote:

pappaf2 wrote:

I'm having a hard time finding a "definitive" review of the 3-piece. Is there anyone who can point me to some good reviews of the 3-piece ball? (User or publication review).

Thanks.

Some like it to the Chrome Soft, however I thought it was closer to the Q-Star Tour and AVX.

We are all different so your experience may differ. Either way its a great value just might not suit your eye.
    Cobra F7+ - Stiff
    Callaway V-Series 3 & 5 wood with Aldila Rouge Silver
    Srixon 585 5-AW - Modus 105 Stiff
    Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 53 & 58 Degree
    EVNROLL ER5
    Srixon XV - Yellow
  • lspky_muskielspky_muskie Members Posts: 894 ✭✭
    K3 is solid, but not spectacular.

From 60 yards in, you'd never know you were playing a $1 ball.

Everywhere else, I feel like I'm giving a little something up. I'm talking what looks like 5 yards off the driver, and a mid iron shot bleeding just a little more than you think it should in the wind. Maybe it doesn't matter, but it's in my head.

I'
  • North ButteNorth Butte Members Posts: 9,768 ✭✭

Everywhere else, I feel like I'm giving a little something up. I'm talking what looks like 5 yards off the driver, and a mid iron shot bleeding just a little more than you think it should in the wind. Maybe it doesn't matter, but it's in my head.

I'

Well said.

Reminded me of a ProV1 circa 2005-2010. Spins a ton off the irons and wedges, great short game control, not as long as some other balls.
    Everything has its drawbacks, as the man said when his mother-in-law died, and they came down upon him for the funeral expenses.
  • radimanradiman Members Posts: 4,637 ✭✭
    edited Jul 19, 2018 #13228

I'

Well said.

Reminded me of a ProV1 circa 2005-2010. Spins a ton off the irons and wedges, great short game control, not as long as some other balls.

I have been switching back and forth between the KS4, KS3, and Z Stars. The KS3 by far gives me the most spin off of my wedges. Where the KS4 and Srixon will hop and come back a few feet, there have been a few instances where the KS3 spun back 15-20 feet. I haven't seen anything like it. It is especially frustrating to have your pitch mark a few feet from the hole only to face a 25 foot putt. Spin is cool and all, and it's neat to see a ball suck back like that. But, it's just to excessive for me. It doesn't seem to be consistent either.

While a fine ball for the money, it just isn't what I am looking for. I believe it was you that called it a spin monster. I think that sums it up really well. I personally do not remember playing a ball that spun as much as the KS3. I don't know what the #'s are on it as I don't have LM access. So, I don't know if I am giving up a handful of yards on my drives or anything. But, after watching the action it gets on the green, I wouldn't be surprised if it was spinning like a top off of the driver as well.
    Callaway Epic Flash 9* Tensei Pro Orange 70 TX
    Titleist 917 F3 15* Tensei Pro Blue 70 TX
    Callaway X-Forged UT 21* w/Motore Speeder TS 8.8 X
    Callaway 2016 Apex Pro 4-PW KBS 130X
    Taylormade Spider X Navy/White 35"
    Callaway MD3 54, 60, 64
    All sitting comfortably in my Sun Mountain Sync Cart Bag
    Big fan of the KTrey. The only time when I've seen excessive spin is on shots into the wind. Then it does seem to balloon a bit. Never saw that with the KSig though.
  • lspky_muskielspky_muskie Members Posts: 894 ✭✭
    edited Jul 19, 2018 #13230
    I hit a half dozen drives on Trackman with the K3 right around the time it came out. Spin was a touch higher on average (maybe 150-200RPM) than the Chromesofts we use at my lessons. Yardage and smash were almost identical.

On the course, I’ve just never hit a bomb. Could easily be user error though.
  • gioreekogioreeko Members Posts: 318 ✭✭

I hit a half dozen drives on Trackman with the K3 right around the time it came out. Spin was a touch higher on average (maybe 150-200RPM) than the Chromesofts we use at my lessons. Yardage and smash were almost identical.

On the course, I've just never hit a bomb. Could easily be user error though.

Could be user error. I play both the 3 piece and the 4 piece, and my best drive of the year was around a 340 yard bomb with the 3 piece. I've noticed no real difference in distance between the two, but the 4 piece backs up way more on the greens for me. Both are amazing balls, especially when you factor in the price.
    Driver: Taylor Made M1
    3 wood: Taylor made 12 degree mini driver TP
    3 Iron Mizuno Fli hi
    4-6: Mizuno mp18 MMC
    7-PW: Mizuno MP 18 SC
    Mizuno TP5 50, 56 degree
    Odyssey Versa Tank Putter
    Kirkland Tour ball