Artisan Putters

makerofputtsmakerofputts Members Posts: 286 ✭✭
these have my curiosity.. Has anyone seen one in hand?

they look awesome... but long heel to toe? id love to see some comparison pics

Comments

• Dubv23Dubv23 Members Posts: 721 ✭✭
    I know a few people have been through the facility and some that I follow on Instagram have started to receive shipments. hopefully they can chime in and answer your questions. I will say, I have heard nothing but great things.
  • JagpilotohioJagpilotohio 45+ inch drivers are evil. Columbus, OHMembers Posts: 7,223 ✭✭
    They are taking putter orders now. Contact them through Instagram. How about this guy?

9.5* Cobra LTD, Old school Grafalloy Blue, 43.5"
    14* Cally 815 alpha fuji 665 X 42"
    16* Cally 815 alpha fuji 665 X, 41.5" (set to 17*)
    19* Titleist 816 H2 fuji 8.8X TS 40.0"
    4-7 2016 Hogan PTx, KBS Tour V, 120X.  
    Ping i210 8 & 9 Proto 125 F5 hardstepped 1x.
    Ping glide 2 46-12, 50-12, 54-14 (at 55) stealth, Vokey SM6 60M (61). Wedges Recoil Proto 125 F5
    33.5" Ghost spider slant neck.
    Srixon Z-star XV
    Jones Trouper Bag
  • mjbaker80mjbaker80 Members Posts: 615 ✭✭
    Apologize as this is slightly off topic (not about their putters). Anyone know when Artisan will finally start taking wedge orders? The wait is killing me!
  • Go Horns!Go Horns! Members Posts: 115 ✭✭
    Joined the Artisan Army today. Picked up my putter. It is the chameleon finish with all of the paint fill done in Dodger blue. The medium mill on the face.

42632373862_0c74635dd6.jpg

42680737251_2df1b4b1a0.jpg

40871871400_97f232cb50.jpg
  • scottb15scottb15 Members Posts: 277 ✭✭
    Very interested in these putters? Are the soft? Clicky? What is the blade length?
    [font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]Titleist 913 D3 8.5
    Titleist 913 FD 15
    Titleist 913 H 21
    Taylormade CB Irons 4-9
    Vokey SM5 48-2/50
    Vokey SM4 54/60
    Nike Method Proto 006
    Titleist NXT Tour S[/font]
    scottb15 wrote:

Very interested in these putters? Are the soft? Clicky? What is the blade length?

They offer three different levels of milling for the face, each giving it a slightly different feeling. So if you want soft they have it, but if you don't want soft, they got that too. Each level of milling produces a different sound. See here: https://www.instagra...y=artisangolftx

I went with the mid-mill. I'm lucky in that I got to do a full fitting at their shop and got to try all three.

Blade is 4.5 inches long and just less than 1 inch high.
  • ND2005ND2005 Members Posts: 201 ✭✭
    mjbaker80 wrote:

Apologize as this is slightly off topic (not about their putters). Anyone know when Artisan will finally start taking wedge orders? The wait is killing me!

Allegedly in the fall but priority is going to be given to existing customers first
    Titleist 915 D2 9.5, Oban Purple 6 05
    Callaway Epic 3W, Fubuki K 70 S
    Callaway Epic hybrid, KBS proto 80 S
    Titleist 716 AP2 4-PW, C-taper
    Scotty Cameron Newport Beach
    Vokey SM5 52 Callaway PM grind 56, 60
  • scottb15scottb15 Members Posts: 277 ✭✭
    If they are somewhat reasonable I will jump on wedges asap
    [font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]Titleist 913 D3 8.5
    Titleist 913 FD 15
    Titleist 913 H 21
    Taylormade CB Irons 4-9
    Vokey SM5 48-2/50
    Vokey SM4 54/60
    Nike Method Proto 006
    Titleist NXT Tour S[/font]
  • BlackM00NlightBlackM00Nlight IowaMembers Posts: 3,569 ✭✭
    $800 for putters to start. No idea on wedge price
    Mizuno ST-190G Tensei White 70X
    Mizuno ST-190TS 15* Tensei White 70X
    Mizuno CLK 19* 3 Hybrid Speeder Evo HB 95X (swap with 2 iron)
    Nike Vapor Pro Combo 2-A wedge AMT X100 (plus 1/2" 3 up)
    Nike Engage Dual Sole 58 DG S400 (plus 1/2" 3 up)
    Nike Origin B1-01
    Nike RZN Tour Platinum

• RogerinNewZealandRogerinNewZealand Members Posts: 2,351 ✭✭
    Great looking creations, $800 is great value compared with another Specialty Companies

custom offerings.Reward yourself!
    2019 May

Ping [email protected] 10.5
    Tee 16.5
    Tm V Steel @ 18

Mizuno MP 63 DGR300 at D4

Vokey SM5 50 08 F Old SM at 54 and SM6 58S 10

Titleist Scotty Mid Slant Pro Platinum at 34 and a Half!

• Kale_mKale_m Members Posts: 1,777 ✭✭
    I Rolled one. I would get one if I had the cash. Looks great, feels great, 100% custom. Very nice
    Taylormade M6 9.0 (set to 7.5) Tensei Pro Orange 70tx
    Taylormade M5 rocket 14* Tensei Pro orange 80tx 
    Taylormade 790 UDI 2 iron Tensei Pro White 90tx
    Callaway Apex MB Raw TIX100
    Callaway md4 52/56
    Tm hi toe 60
    Tm spider x 35” navy with true path alignment
    I played in a five-some today at my club (in Fort Worth), and three of us had Artisan putters. All of them unique. Did not want be a weirdo and ask for a pic, but I should have.
    Wish they had a website with photos of each color on each model and lists of the many options available. Streamline the shopping process.
    Nike Origin B1-01
    Nike RZN Tour Platinum

• Dubv23Dubv23 Members Posts: 721 ✭✭
    edited Jul 27, 2018 #16

Wish they had a website with photos of each color on each model and lists of the many options available. Streamline the shopping process.

its definitely coming. no idea of ETA but it is in the works

The also have a buying guide they send you when you inquire about a putter. Its a multi page PDF that shows colors, bumpers, millings, necks, etc.
  • PreppySlapCutPreppySlapCut This is just babytown frolics... Members Posts: 6,393 ✭✭
    The wedges are less expensive than the putters. Really nice choice on the putter!
    Ping G400 MAX 9* w/ Tour 65 (S)
    Ping G 14.5* & 19.5* w/ Tour 80 (X)
    Ping G30 22* w/ Accra Kuchar Proto 85 (X)
    Ping i210 5-PW w/ Aldila RIP 115 (S)
    Ping Glide 2.0 50*, 55*, 60* w/ Aldila RIP 115 (S)
    Scotty Cameron Toolbox
  • BIGDUB512BIGDUB512 Members Posts: 274 ✭✭
    Just went and did a putter fitting at their facility in Fort Worth. John Hatfield is meticulous and a great guy on top of it. Process was about three hours. Tried all of the different options with the various hosels, milling, weighting and sight lines until we found the right combination. He even was able to get me addressing the ball differently to fix my alignment which was way to the left. By the time we were done I was making almost everything. The fitting process really is a tour player experience. My putter will be here in 4 weeks and I'll post some pics.
    Taylormade M4 8.5 - Hand Crafted HZRDUS Black 75 6.5
    Taylormade Tour Issue '16 M2 13.5 Deep Face - Hand Crafted HZRDUS Black 85 6.5
    Taylormade P790 UDI - Hand Crafted HZRDUS Black 85 6.5
    Mizuno MP18 Fli-Hi 4 Iron- Project X 6.0
    Mizuno JPX 919 Forged 5-7 - Project X 6.0
    Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 8-P - Project X 6.0
    Vokey SM5 Raw 50* - Project X 6.0
    Vokey Wedge Works V Grind 56* - Project X 6.0
    Taylormade High Toe 60* - Project X 6.0
    Artisan Custom Made 0117
  • BestGripsBestGrips Reformed Club Ho.... Sponsors Posts: 771 ✭✭
    I've got an 0217 and a 0318. Both have the deep milling. The blade has the oxidado finish and the mallet is satin.

WITB:
    9* G400 Max w/ Xcalibur TSL Tour Stiff and Custom MicroPerf Golf Grip
    14* Callaway XR 16 Pro w/ ProjectX Hzrdus Red 75 6.0 and Custom Christmas Golf Grip
    3-GW Edel SLS-01 w/ Paderson SL 95g Stiff and alternating Patriotic and Augusta Leather Golf Grips
    55* Edel Come and Take It TRP Handmade w/ KBS Tour Wedge Stiff and Come and Take It Golf Grip
    59* Edel PNR Handmade w/ KBS Tour Wedge Stiff and Augusta Leather Golf Grip
    Artisan Golf #0036 0217 w/ Zach Use Only Putter Grip or 0318 w/ Prototype Leather Putter Grip

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]BestGrips is a second generation, underdog golf company making genuine leather golf grips, putter grips, Puttershoes[/font]® [font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]and headcovers in the US of A. We are big fans of one off custom work and not afraid of hard work. In the market for game changing grips that combine new with old, performance with looks, and are made right here in the US of A? Then look no further than [/font]BestGrips.com! Follow us on twitter - [twitter]bestgrips[/twitter]!

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Use coupon code "wrx15" at checkout on www.bestgrips.com and get 15% off. [/font]

All grips and headcovers are handmade in Conroe, Texas.
  • jah7838jah7838 Members Posts: 1,035 ✭✭
    edited Aug 14, 2018 #20
    BestGrips wrote:

I've got an 0217 and a 0318. Both have the deep milling. The blade has the oxidado finish and the mallet is satin.

I saw a post of theirs about a headcover for that mallet made by bestgrips. Is that something y'all plan of offering in the future? I have a custom leather Putter Shoe, and I love that thing. If I buy a mallet in the future, I would be interested in one like Artisan posted.
    WITB
    Driver: 9.5* M3 Attas Elements MK 7s
    Fairway: Cobra F6 Baffler set to 16* with Nventix Nunchuk
    Hybrids: 19* Adams XTD Super Hybrid Black Tie 95g S / 18.5* RBZ Stage 2 S300, 23* Adams Super 9031 S300
    Irons: 5-PW Fly Z+ DGTI S400
    Wedges: 50*& 54* TM Milled Grind Standard Bounce, 58* Mid RTX 4. All wedges have DGTI S400
    Putter: Kingston KP1 Carbon Oil Can Finish
  • BestGripsBestGrips Reformed Club Ho.... Sponsors Posts: 771 ✭✭
    jah7838 wrote:

BestGrips wrote:

I saw a post of theirs about a headcover for that mallet made by bestgrips. Is that something y'all plan of offering in the future? I have a custom leather Putter Shoe, and I love that thing. If I buy a mallet in the future, I would be interested in one like Artisan posted.

Yeah. The PutterHood was developed for the 0318 and will fit other putters in that class, like the Edel E-1. Once Harry and I get comfortable with making the medium (mid-mallet) hoods, we'll offer a large (ketch) and an XL (spider) . The goal was to make a cover that wouldn't leave edges of the putter exposed and also had maximum real estate for customization, or in Artisan's case, their cover personalizations.
    WITB:
    9* G400 Max w/ Xcalibur TSL Tour Stiff and Custom MicroPerf Golf Grip
    14* Callaway XR 16 Pro w/ ProjectX Hzrdus Red 75 6.0 and Custom Christmas Golf Grip
    3-GW Edel SLS-01 w/ Paderson SL 95g Stiff and alternating Patriotic and Augusta Leather Golf Grips
    55* Edel Come and Take It TRP Handmade w/ KBS Tour Wedge Stiff and Come and Take It Golf Grip
    59* Edel PNR Handmade w/ KBS Tour Wedge Stiff and Augusta Leather Golf Grip
    Artisan Golf #0036 0217 w/ Zach Use Only Putter Grip or 0318 w/ Prototype Leather Putter Grip

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]BestGrips is a second generation, underdog golf company making genuine leather golf grips, putter grips, Puttershoes[/font]® [font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]and headcovers in the US of A. We are big fans of one off custom work and not afraid of hard work. In the market for game changing grips that combine new with old, performance with looks, and are made right here in the US of A? Then look no further than [/font]BestGrips.com! Follow us on twitter - [twitter]bestgrips[/twitter]!

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Use coupon code "wrx15" at checkout on www.bestgrips.com and get 15% off. [/font]

All grips and headcovers are handmade in Conroe, Texas.
  • GolfjackGolfjack All about the rotation Members Posts: 996 ✭✭
    BestGrips wrote:

So amazing can't stop looking at them. Makes my heart race a little lol.
    TM M4 Driver 10.5
    TM M4 3 wood 16
    4H (22) Aeroburner TP
    Mizuno MP-15 4, 5 iron, Project X LZ 6.5
    Mizuno MP-5 6-PW, Project X LZ 6.5
    Wedges Mizuno T7 50, 56, 60
    Honma HP 1002

Alternate set:
    Callaway Epic Sub Zero 9.5, Nike VR Pro 4-PW DG x100, Titleist AP2 712 DG x100 4-P, Callaway Jaws X Series CC Wedges 52 56 60, , Odyssey Arm Lock Putter, Gauge Design Eldik Putter with Superstroke Fatso 5
  • Fort Worth ProFort Worth Pro Members Posts: 2,774 ✭✭
    Go Horns! wrote:

I played in a five-some today at my club (in Fort Worth), and three of us had Artisan putters. All of them unique. Did not want be a weirdo and ask for a pic, but I should have.
    which club? I know the guys at both ridglea and Mira have hit them up pretty hard but I think less so from the other clubs.
    Really like that mid mallet
    Nike Origin B1-01
    Nike RZN Tour Platinum

• cjblake09cjblake09 Members Posts: 1,816 ✭✭
    I picked up one of each blade style . One is carbon and the other stainless.

Not sure why the pictures are sideways...
  • nova6868nova6868 Members Posts: 4,692 ✭✭
    edited Nov 26, 2018 #26
    I had an Artisan 0117 and loved everything about it except for one thing:

- The ordering process was great, I really enjoyed talking with them.

- Putter was beautiful, done exactly how I wanted with amazing attention to detail.

- Made in the USA by real craftsmen, and I was really proud to pull it out of my bag and tell people about it.

- The only con: I didn’t find it very forgiving on mishits. Especially with mishits higher on the face. The ball came off with a weird sound and lost quite a bit of distance. I’m not sure if this is related to the tungsten in the cavity (reduced MOI?) or just that my usual mishit didn’t align well with the COG of the putter. It could have been 100% me. Ultimately I sold the putter but I love the company and would love to buy another one someday if they come out with a 2.0.
  • WardonationWardonation Members Posts: 1,397 ✭✭
    Sent Instagram message I thinka year ago and still do not have opportunity to get wedges?
  • third-times-a-charmthird-times-a-charm Members Posts: 1,494 ✭✭

Sent Instagram message I thinka year ago and still do not have opportunity to get wedges?

Do you REALLY think instagram messages are a valid form of communication?
    Long Live Nike
  • ChristopherMcDonaldChristopherMcDonald Members Posts: 2,396 ✭✭

honestly lots of these custom shops (the smaller ones) use IG as a form of communication, in some cases it's the ONLY way to communicate with them.

Don't knock him because you didn't know image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
    King LTD Rogue 95 MSI
    2007 Burner 3 Wood Aldila Serrano 75
    2007 Burner 5 Wood Aldila Serrano 75
    Taylormade Jetspeed Hybrid True Temper Project X 6.0
    Adams XTD Tour 5-GW True Temper Dynamic Gold S300 AMT
    Scratch Tour Issue 1018 56* True Temper Dynamic Gold S300 AMT
    Scratch Tour Issue 1018 60* True Temper Dynamic Gold S300 AMT
    Custom Cameron & Crown 5MB
    Wilson Staff Duo
  • third-times-a-charmthird-times-a-charm Members Posts: 1,494 ✭✭

honestly lots of these custom shops (the smaller ones) use IG as a form of communication, in some cases it's the ONLY way to communicate with them.

Don't knock him because you didn't know image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

I do know, and it's my day job to know.

Just because a few places do it, doesnt mean it's so. There are many factors at play.
    Long Live Nike
  • ChristopherMcDonaldChristopherMcDonald Members Posts: 2,396 ✭✭
    edited Nov 27, 2018 #31

I do know, and it's my day job to know.

Just because a few places do it, doesnt mean it's so. There are many factors at play.

EDIT: it's a valid form a communication in many circles, whether or not you want to admit that is up to you, but for a long time that was the ONLY means of contacting Artisan, so in this case, it would have been a pretty valid means of communicating his desire to purchase some wedges.
    King LTD Rogue 95 MSI
    2007 Burner 3 Wood Aldila Serrano 75
    2007 Burner 5 Wood Aldila Serrano 75
    Taylormade Jetspeed Hybrid True Temper Project X 6.0
    Adams XTD Tour 5-GW True Temper Dynamic Gold S300 AMT
    Scratch Tour Issue 1018 56* True Temper Dynamic Gold S300 AMT
    Scratch Tour Issue 1018 60* True Temper Dynamic Gold S300 AMT
    Custom Cameron & Crown 5MB
    Wilson Staff Duo