TM Twist Face Rumor

1468910
10

Comments

  • Njames.cook2014Njames.cook2014  131WRX Points: 0Members Posts: 131
    Joined:  #152
    Wouldn’t surprise me, but would be interesting
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • pinestreetgolfpinestreetgolf  3523WRX Points: 323Handicap: 4Members Posts: 3,523
    Joined:  #153
    I don't totally understand the conforming list. The way I understand the list its fine to play a club that is not on it, so long as you know it will pass (and it so does pass) if inspected. So, its not like they "had" to submit the modified drivers. Not submitting them may be a gamble, but as far as I understand the rules the conforming list a service to pre-check your equipment and anything on it will be presumed valid, but you don't *have* to get something tested to put it in play. You just suffer the consequences if you're wrong.
    Posted:
    Wilson Triton 10.5 Rogue 125 msi 60 X-Flex
    Ping G30 2, 3, 4, 5*, 6 Hybrids TFC 419 Stiff Flex
    M2 7-AW ReAx 75 Graphite
    PM Grind 56* KBS Rev 2.0
    Cameron Mallet
  • braincramp52braincramp52 Freeport, Illinois 5974WRX Points: 1,224Handicap: 10Members Posts: 5,974
    Joined:  #154
    Bye wrote:

    lawsonman wrote:

    Bye wrote:

    asw7576 wrote:


    5 pages .... wow image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />




    Agreed. Looks like a desperate move to keep people talking about him. Might have worked. Personally I would be cringing if I worked for Titleist.




    Why?




    I don't know the details of his deal with Titleist but as a staff player he is representing their company. Promoting their products, not casting doubt or rubbishing their competitors. It may be a cultural thing or it may just be me, but imo it's not very professional.




    True. I guess I've just always had a hard time taking Crossfield serious as a expert on anything. He just comes across as a goofball to me.
    Posted:
    Ping G400 driver
    Ping Anser 17,20,23,27 Hybrids 
    Wilson Staff MB's 6-PW
    Ping Glide 3.0 50*
    Ping, Glide 54,58ES Wedge
    Scotty Cameron Newport 3

    Snell MTB X


    Just because your offended doesn't mean you're right
  • rymail00rymail00  6705WRX Points: 159Handicap: 6Members Posts: 6,705
    Joined:  edited Feb 13, 2018 #155


    I've had multiple tour m1 and m2 heads before from tour department and they 100% had less buldge and roll. In fact I requested a head with as little as possible.






    Is that what the R1/R2 specs are on the TM tour issue head stickers mean? Does it measure the roll of toe and heel? I've asked a few people, even Will Peoples and he didn't know what the R1/R2 spec meant. The main specs are Loft, Lie, Face Angle, and then the R1/R2 specs
    Posted:
    rymail00 2018 WITB http://www.golfwrx.c...witb-pic-heavy/

    TM M1 430 8.5* Tour Issue w/ Tensei CK Pro White 70s (with high gloss SLDR finish from Continental Golf)
    Titleist 917 F3 15* D+ 80s
    Titleist 915H 21* D+ 90s
    Titleist 915H 24* D+ 90s
    Titleist AP2 718, 5-50* Steelfiber i95s
    Scratch TD DW 54* 58* KBS HiRev
    Odyssey Metal X Milled 330M (current gamer)
    Ping Scottsdale TR B60
    TP Mills Heritage 349g
    Byron Morgan 006 355g
    Byron Morgan Makers Proof #4/5 solid copper
    C&L CL1 368g
    Scotty Cameron Newport Studio Style
  •  SwooshLT SwooshLT  7272WRX Points: 378Handicap: 5Members Posts: 7,272
    Joined:  #156
    Lemonde wrote:

    RichieHunt wrote:




    I unfollowed MC on twitter.




    lol that'll show him



    But yeah, unfollowed him on all social media a while ago as well. Every single review was exactly the same.




    I never have been a fan of any reviews from any of the reviewers on YouTube. They seem like good guys, but their reviews are really an exercise in futility. That's why I prefer what The Golf Lab with Liam Mucklow (and Carson Hau) is doing. They measured the exact driver head dimensions, including the exact locations of the CoG and gave the head dimensions on video between the M1 and the M3. They moved the weights all the way up front and all the way back and showed how that changed the CoG. Then they had Mucklow hit a bunch of balls on GEARS with each head and changed the weight locations using the same shaft.



    The reviews Shiels, Crossfield, etc. do are really purely subjective such as how the club looks and feels to them. Even Shiels did one where he goes into how much he hates the name 'Epic.' The only somewhat objective data is the results using a launch monitor, but that's not really the most objective data.



    The Golf Lab's video was largely objective data showing the difference between the CoG's in the M1 vs. the M3, how the CoG changes when they move the weights around and the resulting differences in carry distance and ball speed. As well as how the loft and face angle varies depending where they measure on the face.



    The only thing advantage Shiels/Crossfield type of reviews have is that they can do more reviews because it takes much more work to do it the way the Golf Lab did it. Also, The Golf Lab charges $13 for their video. Hopefully, they adjust the price point on future videos. But, it's a far more informative way to do equipment reviews.













    RH




    You had my interest peaked and then you lost me at $13.






    Very informative however......I've spent more on worse!!!
    Posted:
  • sandysandy  4996WRX Points: 2ClubWRX Posts: 4,996
    Joined:  edited Feb 13, 2018 #157
    That would explain why Tiger had his worst driving accuracy day of his career. 17/56. If he had twist face it might have been 18/56
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • WidespreadPanicWidespreadPanic Wizard in the Corner  4907WRX Points: 218Handicap: 0.4Members Posts: 4,907
    Joined:  #158
    While MC may be out of line and all that, I don't see why TM would have to put anything on the conforming list for heads that have less twistface in them. I wouldn't be surprised at all if some heads have less twist than others.
    Posted:
    Taylormade M2 ('17) 10.5*
    Cobra F7 15.5*
    Taylormade M1 ('17) 19*
    Mizuno MP18 Fli Hi 4i
    Mizuno MP18 SC 5-PW
    Cleveland RTX 588 2.0 52**, 56**, 60**
    Taylormade TP Red Ardmore 3
    Taylormade TPx
  • TollBrosTollBros Overseer of the Test Range  4924WRX Points: 254Sponsors Posts: 4,924
    Joined:  #159

    TollBros wrote:



    Crossfield is salty about TM not sending him anything, Mark just trying to stir the pot. Twistface really isn't detrimental to a professional. Crossfield always bashes tech and features simply because he likes to pander to the people that watch his videos and hardly understand what to look for in a club.




    We have a winner. Now that doesn't mean there couldn't be non twist face heads at some point. Taylormade is excellent about making Tour specific product for their staffers, but I would think such a thing would require a USGA retest since the actual construction would be altered.






    Well if Tiger keeps hitting his M3 as crappy as he did at Torrey two weeks ago I wouldn’t be surprised at all by a new Tiger “Tour” version popping up. ; )




    They will 100% make anything he wants or needs. It wouldn't surprise me at all if that happened.
    Posted:
    http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/forum/608-greengrassevaluationscom/

    Please click the link above for our Sponsor area with rare and Tour only products.
  • Peanut191Peanut191  1874WRX Points: 91Members Posts: 1,874
    Joined:  #160
    rymail00 wrote:



    I've had multiple tour m1 and m2 heads before from tour department and they 100% had less buldge and roll. In fact I requested a head with as little as possible.






    Is that what the R1/R2 specs are on the TM tour issue head stickers mean? Does it measure the roll of toe and heel? I've asked a few people, even Will Peoples and he didn't know what the R1/R2 spec meant. The main specs are Loft, Lie, Face Angle, and then the R1/R2 specs




    Good question, never understood what the R1/R2 stood for either. First, I thought it could be a batch number or something, but that doesn’t make much sense, since there is only 2 numbers.
    Posted:
    M2 10.5, set to 9.75, D5, KK XT 70s
    M2 Tour 16.5, Diamana Thump 85s
    Titleist 913 21* Kiyoshi White 95 04 flex
    Srixon 745 4-PW, Dynamic Gold 115s
    Callaway Razr Forged GW 51
    Vokey 56F 14 bounce, Vokey 60M
    Scotty Newport 1.5
  • golfnhackgolfnhack  2542WRX Points: 116Members Posts: 2,542
    Joined:  #161
    Is it co-incidence that MC stands for both Mark Crossfield AND Missed Cut. Explains Crossfield's view perfectly.



    (Sorry if this lame joke has already been posted)
    Posted:
    "Some emotions cannot be endured with a golf club in your hand." - Bobby Jones
  • ExoticsGuy13ExoticsGuy13  644WRX Points: 106Members Posts: 644
    Joined:  #162
    Hot Rod 71 wrote:
    TaylorMade tour players rarely use the same drivers sold at retail. This is nothing new.



    A quick check of the conforming list will reveal the truth.



    Edit: I checked the USGA Conforming List and all of the M3/4 drivers listed have Twist Face. (pp. 1127-1128). The list is dated effective February 12, 2018. In generations past it was common to see several versions of a TM driver (V2, V3, V4, etc.). These were normally the tour heads.



    [url="https://www.usga.org/ConformingGolfClub/ConformingClubList_M.pdf"]https://www.usga.org...gClubList_M.pdf[/url]


    The USGA list says that they are all stamped with “TWIST FACE”, doesn’t mean they have it. Guaranteed there are versions out there without the technology.
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • CheckJVCheckJV Male Model  2113WRX Points: 157Members Posts: 2,113
    Joined:  #163
    Rumor is some of the tour issued drivers have twist grips instead.
    Posted:
  • LondonerLondoner  1323WRX Points: 147Handicap: 12Members Posts: 1,323
    Joined:  edited Feb 13, 2018 #164
    Mark Crossfield is a childish, imature idiot. In fact I hear a rumour that the society of idiots are suing him for giving idiots a bad name.



    I am VERY disappointed that Titelist associate themselves with him. Enough for me to avoid their products.
    Posted:
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    Mizuno mp h5. 4-W KBS tour stiff 2 iron modus 3 stiff.
    taylormade m2 Driver + hl 3 wood
    ping anser
    Titleist sm6 50 +54
    Cleveland 60
  • QuigleyDUQuigleyDU  8970WRX Points: 2,510Handicap: 8Members Posts: 8,970
    Joined:  #165
    Londoner wrote:


    Mark Crossfield is a childish, imature dick. In fact I hear a rumour that the society of dicks are suing him for giving dicks a bad name.



    I am VERY disappointed that Titelist associate themselves with him. Enough for me to avoid their products.




    ouch, might want to edit this a touch. haha, we get your point though.
    Posted:
    Driver: Callaway Epic SubZero 3D 9*, Fujikura Ventus 7X
    3 iron Cobra King Utility Aldila Rouge 90 X flex
    4-PW Mizuno MP-18 MB Aldila RIP SLT Tour 115X Flex
    WEDGES; CLEVELAND RTX4: 52, 58, 64
    PUTTER; Kronos release long neck
    BALL; 2019 ProV1 yellow/Snell MTB-X yellow
  • anthanth From the Land Down Under  2784WRX Points: 199Handicap: 4Members Posts: 2,784
    Joined:  #166
    I heard a rumour Crossfield is a wanker. Can anyone confirm?



    This is not a statement. Just asking...
    Posted:
    Callaway Rogue 10.5
    Callaway BB Alpha 816 16
    Srixon Z H45 19 Hybrid
    Srixon Z U45 23 Utility
    Srixon Z 765/965 5 - PW
    TaylorMade Milled Grind 50 & 54
    TaylorMade Milled Grind Hi Toe 58
    TaylorMade Spider Tour Red
    TaylorMade TP5
  • J13J13 Dad golf Maryland 15994WRX Points: 1,027Handicap: +1.6Members Posts: 15,994
    Joined:  #167
    Londoner wrote:


    Mark Crossfield is a childish, imature idiot. In fact I hear a rumour that the society of idiots are suing him for giving idiots a bad name.



    I am VERY disappointed that Titelist associate themselves with him. Enough for me to avoid their products.




    At some point you have to wonder if Titleist is going to drop him.
    Posted:
    Callaway Epic Flash Triple Diamond 9* or Mizzy ST190
    Fairway wood - Under construction
    Irons - Under Construction
    Wedges - Under Construction
    Odyssey Stroke Lab Double Wide Flow Neck
    Srixon Zstar XV

    WITB- http://www.golfwrx.c.../page__st__1590


    Instagram-
    On -, @Jminis13





  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • RobYakesRobYakes "You can talk to a fade but a hook won't listen" Washington, D.C. 410WRX Points: 77Handicap: 2-4Members, ClubWRX Posts: 410
    Joined:  #168
    Always enjoyed MC's videos, even don't mind the course vlogs (I know I'm in the minority, "bruvv"). But I've always taken his reviews with a huge grain of salt. Same goes with ****. But same also goes with Golf Digest's Hot Lists, Ricky Shiels, etc. At the end of the day I read it all, especially opinions and reviews on the WRX, and then try out equipment that I think will work for me and my level of play. Everybody in the golf industry has some agency/bias, it's just a question of how much or little they pretend to hide it.
    Posted:
    M4 9.5* Ventus 6X // M4 15* HZRDUS Black 6.5 // M4 18* HZRDUS Red 6.5 // P790 Modus 120S // MILLED GRIND 50* & 54* Modus 115W // HI-TOE 60* Modus 115W // SPIDER X 34"
  • Double GeeDouble Gee  1081WRX Points: 99Members Posts: 1,081
    Joined:  #169
    Londoner wrote:


    Mark Crossfield is a childish, imature idiot. In fact I hear a rumour that the society of idiots are suing him for giving idiots a bad name.



    I am VERY disappointed that Titelist associate themselves with him. Enough for me to avoid their products.




    I assume you heard the rumour when you attended the monthly meeting of said Idiots society?



    In all seriousness, how can a you tube content golfer get you so upset to anger you or indeed others?





    It's just a bloke making a living and making commentary about the golfing world.



    As they always say, look for the 'off' button and move on.



    Finally in contrast to you, I would actually consider Titleist stuff with their support of MC as opposed to the countless million upon millions golf companies give Pro's at the cost of the public Joe Golfer.
    Posted:
  • LondonerLondoner  1323WRX Points: 147Handicap: 12Members Posts: 1,323
    Joined:  #170
    I was gjving a talk on idiocy in forums. Your name came up a few times. image/taunt.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':taunt:' />



    As for MC. Some of the golf comments are quite good. Its the 12 year old delivery style and talking to his audience like idiots that i dont get. The constant TM knocks are just unprofessional. Not somebody I would want my brand associated with. Especially when you look at the demographics of who spends on golf equipment.
    Posted:
    Mizuno mp h5. 4-W KBS tour stiff 2 iron modus 3 stiff.
    taylormade m2 Driver + hl 3 wood
    ping anser
    Titleist sm6 50 +54
    Cleveland 60
  • Yellow JacketYellow Jacket  3537WRX Points: 121Members Posts: 3,537
    Joined:  edited Feb 14, 2018 #171
    This thread is quick to hate on Crossfield compared to Shiels, but Rick has never gotten close to this kind of in-depth discussion about the golf swing (starts at 1 min). In fact, it’s better than almost any instructor, YouTube or not:



    [media=]
    Posted:
    915D3 8.5* Aldila Synergy 70TX
    915F 15* Diamana D+PLUS 80X, 18* Grafalloy Epic 90TX
    716MB 4-PW X100
    SM6 52F TVD 56K/60M S400
    Bullseye Flange

  • dave_3dave_3  97WRX Points: 22Handicap: 7Members Posts: 97
    Joined:  #172
    https://goo.gl/images/2VJQpK





    this will be wasted on our American friends but this is what i think of when i see mc
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • BForresterBForrester  1261WRX Points: 0Unregistered Posts: 1,261
    Joined:  #173


    This thread is quick to hate on Crossfield compared to Shiels, but Rick has never gotten close to this kind of in-depth discussion about the golf swing (starts at 1 min). In fact, it's better than almost any instructor, YouTube or not:



    [media=]




    I'm a big fan of Clay Ballard (Top Speed Golf) personally. For a YouTube guy, he seems to be top notch for instruction.
    Posted:
    Taylormade M1 8.5o Aldila Tour Green 70x 44"
    Taylormade RBZ 3w 15o Aldila Tour Blue 70x
    Taylormade Rescue Dual 19o R-Flex
    Mizuno JPX-850 Forged 4-GW DG S300
    Mizuno S5 (54, 58)
    Odyssey Tank Cruiser #1
  • jll62jll62 Minneapolis 2338WRX Points: 576Handicap: +2.4ClubWRX Posts: 2,338
    Joined:  #174


    I don't totally understand the conforming list. The way I understand the list its fine to play a club that is not on it, so long as you know it will pass (and it so does pass) if inspected. So, its not like they "had" to submit the modified drivers. Not submitting them may be a gamble, but as far as I understand the rules the conforming list a service to pre-check your equipment and anything on it will be presumed valid, but you don't *have* to get something tested to put it in play. You just suffer the consequences if you're wrong.




    This isn't quite accurate. The list of conforming clubs is more accurately referred to as the "List of Conforming Driver Heads" because it only includes drivers. All professional events and most elite level amateur events (e.g., US Amateur, etc) include a Condition of Competition that requires players must only use drivers which are on the List of Conforming Driver Heads. Therefore, a manufacturer MUST submit driver heads to the USGA and R&A for testing, or else they will not appear on the List and therefore cannot be played whenever this specific Condition of Competition is in effect (e.g., any PGA Tour event).



    For all other clubs, and for all drivers put into play when the above Condition of Competition is not in effect, your interpretation above is basically correct. In this situation, it's the player's responsibility to ensure they're playing clubs which are conforming to all equipment rules and guidelines set forth in the Rules.



    The main question people have raised in this thread for which I don't have an answer is what sort of changes to a driver head require retesting. If something as simple as the identifying marks change, that would be a retest. But if the face geometry changes, that's apparently an open question. My personal belief is that it would require a re-test because changing the face geometry could theoretically alter the CT values, but I have no evidence to back up my claim.
    Posted:
    TaylorMade SIM 8.0, Diamana Kai'li 60S, 44.75"
    TaylorMade M5 Rocket 3, Tensei Blue X, 42.5"
    TaylorMade P-790 UDI 2, Aerotech SteelFiber i95 S
    TaylorMade P750 3-6, KBS C-Taper S+ (soft-stepped 1x)
    TaylorMade P7TW 7-PW, KBS C-Taper S+ (soft-stepped 1x)
    TaylorMade MG2 52, DG S400 Tour Issue
    TaylorMade Hi-Toe 58, DG S400 Tour Issue
    TaylorMade Tour Proto milled Juno, 34"
    TaylorMade TP5

    jll62's WITB
  • CBRADGOCBRADGO  1368WRX Points: 102Members Posts: 1,368
    Joined:  #175
    gioguy21 wrote:

    wfrogge1 wrote:


    He clearly says this is a rumor.
    "...but i said all due respect"...




    It’s in the Geneva Convention, look it up.
    Posted:
    TaylorMade M5 10.5* Atmos Black 6x TS
    TaylorMade M5 15* Pro 2.0 7x
    915Hd 2H & 3H Speeder 904HB X
    TaylorMade P790, 4-P DG 105 Stiff
    TaylorMade Milled Grind 50SB, 54SB, 60 Hi Toe
    TaylorMade DJ Spider 34" UST Frequency Filtered
    TP5X
  • paztormikepaztormike  180WRX Points: 78Members Posts: 180
    Joined:  #176
    It just cracks me up and says a lot about the time in which we live.

    Dozens of "adults" get so bent out of shape and upset about a guy who posts content online that none of us are forced to watch, and that none of us had to pay one penny to view. It's crazy to me that people are saying that they hope he gets sued for voicing his opinion. It just seems like the last few years, people are so antagonistic toward any opinion that differs from theirs that they will threaten anyone with an opposing viewpoint. Understand that if MC was sued by a manufacturer; all of the independent reviewers and vloggers would be nervous to give any differing points of view. It would be terrible for anyone who wants to hear anything except for the talking points direct from the marketing departments at golf manufacturers.



    In this case...The guy tweeted what he himself called a "rumor" to ask for more information.

    When verified that it was not true, he acknowledged the information and backed off and thanked those that tracked down the info.



    He did have a public beef with TM that I stopped watching. I love his vlogs and teaching stuff, (and his video production skills are pretty amazing) but I didn't need to hear any more about the TM beef, so I just didn't watch that stuff.

    To be balanced, we should also point out that he loved the "P" series of Irons that TM put out. He raved about the P730 and P790's being some of their best irons ever. So while he is sour about TM, he took care to be honest about the clubs that he did review. (And even after the beef with them, he still calls those clubs some of the best of the year.)



    I'm not a Crossfield apologist. I certainly don't like everything that he says and does. A lot of his reviews are a bit too preachy for me, and end up talking too little about the clubs and too much about his frustration with people trying to find the 'holy grail' of golf equipment.



    I love the fact that I pay exactly nothing for my subscription to his channel, the same that I pay for Shiels, Finch, Me and My Golf, Michael Newton, Teeuplo, Fried Eggs.



    What I just don't understand are people who are so upset that they use profanity to complain, posting that they want him to lose sponsorships and be sued. If he gets punished for having a different opinion, people will stop promoting new ideas. In that case, everyone loses out.



    The cool thing about youtube though is: one click and anyone can watch something else.
    Posted:
  • Bad9Bad9  4586WRX Points: 475Handicap: 9.2Members Posts: 4,586
    Joined:  #177
    Double Gee wrote:




    Finally in contrast to you, I would actually consider Titleist stuff with their support of MC as opposed to the countless million upon millions golf companies give Pro's at the cost of the public Joe Golfer.




    Wow. I didn't know all of those Pros listed on the Titleist website or sporting the Titelist name on their clothes, bag, hat were doing it for free. Good to know what companies don't spend large amounts of $ on advertising.
    Posted:
    Ping G410 Plus 10.5°/Alta CB55 r flex
    Ping G400 7w/Alta CB r flex
    Ping G400 4h/Alta CB r flex
    Ping G400 5h/Alta CB r flex
    Ping IE1 6-U/CFS70 r flex
    Ping Glide 2.0 ES 58°/CFS70 r flex
    Mizuno Bettinardi C06
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • ByeBye England 1359WRX Points: 117Handicap: 0.9Members Posts: 1,359
    Joined:  #178
    paztormike wrote:


    It just cracks me up and says a lot about the time in which we live.

    Dozens of "adults" get so bent out of shape and upset about a guy who posts content online that none of us are forced to watch, and that none of us had to pay one penny to view. It's crazy to me that people are saying that they hope he gets sued for voicing his opinion. It just seems like the last few years, people are so antagonistic toward any opinion that differs from theirs that they will threaten anyone with an opposing viewpoint. Understand that if MC was sued by a manufacturer; all of the independent reviewers and vloggers would be nervous to give any differing points of view. It would be terrible for anyone who wants to hear anything except for the talking points direct from the marketing departments at golf manufacturers.



    In this case...The guy tweeted what he himself called a "rumor" to ask for more information.

    When verified that it was not true, he acknowledged the information and backed off and thanked those that tracked down the info.



    He did have a public beef with TM that I stopped watching. I love his vlogs and teaching stuff, (and his video production skills are pretty amazing) but I didn't need to hear any more about the TM beef, so I just didn't watch that stuff.

    To be balanced, we should also point out that he loved the "P" series of Irons that TM put out. He raved about the P730 and P790's being some of their best irons ever. So while he is sour about TM, he took care to be honest about the clubs that he did review. (And even after the beef with them, he still calls those clubs some of the best of the year.)



    I'm not a Crossfield apologist. I certainly don't like everything that he says and does. A lot of his reviews are a bit too preachy for me, and end up talking too little about the clubs and too much about his frustration with people trying to find the 'holy grail' of golf equipment.



    I love the fact that I pay exactly nothing for my subscription to his channel, the same that I pay for Shiels, Finch, Me and My Golf, Michael Newton, Teeuplo, Fried Eggs.



    What I just don't understand are people who are so upset that they use profanity to complain, posting that they want him to lose sponsorships and be sued. If he gets punished for having a different opinion, people will stop promoting new ideas. In that case, everyone loses out.



    The cool thing about youtube though is: one click and anyone can watch something else.




    If he was not contracted in any way to an OEM then it would look petty. The fact is that he now represents Titleist. It changes the perspective on this as it could be seen as trying to discredit a competitors product/new technology. It becomes very hard to appear neutral when being paid in-industry.



    It's up to Titleist if this continues or not. If I worked there (which I don't) then I would be disappointed with this and the Taylormade hates me video. Like you I turned it off after a few minutes and have now stopped watching his stuff.



    I have no issue with these guys making a living from doing this stuff, and the more honest they are the better. But what did he think would happen? Pitching yourself as an independent club reviewer then signing with an OEM and trying to carry on as normal is a strange way of looking at things.



    Posted:
    Taylormade M3 9.5 - Aldila Rogue Silver 60X
    Callaway Rogue 3 Wood - Aldila Rogue Silver 70X
    Titleist 816 H2 20 degrees - Aldila Rogue Black 85X
    Titleist 716CB 4-9 - X100
    Vokey SM7 46.10, 50.08, 54M, 59M - S400
    Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless Newport 2.5
    Titleist Pro V1
  • Yellow JacketYellow Jacket  3537WRX Points: 121Members Posts: 3,537
    Joined:  #179
    People saying Mark can’t be impartial because Titleist sponsors him is due in part to misleading marketing by companies like TaylorMade. 17 yards anyone? 17/1700 anyone?



    Mark’s sponsorship is an opportunity for Titleist to get their brand in front of his viewers during daily and course vlogs. He will also be able to get access to some of their tour pros and facilities, which again gets their brand in front of his viewers.



    The Crossfield haters think that because they’d be unable to stop themselves from trashing competitors that Mark must be the same, that because they’d be unable to skew their reviews toward Titleist that Mark must be the same, even though that never happened when he was sponsored by FootJoy and now Under Armour. Projection much?
    Posted:
    915D3 8.5* Aldila Synergy 70TX
    915F 15* Diamana D+PLUS 80X, 18* Grafalloy Epic 90TX
    716MB 4-PW X100
    SM6 52F TVD 56K/60M S400
    Bullseye Flange

  • vanillafunk616vanillafunk616  552WRX Points: 55Members Posts: 552
    Joined:  edited Feb 14, 2018 #180


    People saying Mark can’t be impartial because Titleist sponsors him is due in part to misleading marketing by companies like TaylorMade. 17 yards anyone? 17/1700 anyone?



    Mark’s sponsorship is an opportunity for Titleist to get their brand in front of his viewers during daily and course vlogs. He will also be able to get access to some of their tour pros and facilities, which again gets their brand in front of his viewers.



    The Crossfield haters think that because they’d be unable to stop themselves from trashing competitors that Mark must be the same, that because they’d be unable to skew their reviews toward Titleist that Mark must be the same, even though that never happened when he was sponsored by FootJoy and now Under Armour. Projection much?




    The issue is that his claim to fame is that he did independent reviews of golf clubs. People had lost faith in magazines, golf channel, infomercials, etc. because they were being paid for advertising. So the deal undermines his core advantage. Can he still be objective? Sure. But you'd be hard pressed to explain the difference between him and say golf digest at this point.
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • ByeBye England 1359WRX Points: 117Handicap: 0.9Members Posts: 1,359
    Joined:  #181


    People saying Mark can’t be impartial because Titleist sponsors him is due in part to misleading marketing by companies like TaylorMade. 17 yards anyone? 17/1700 anyone?



    Mark’s sponsorship is an opportunity for Titleist to get their brand in front of his viewers during daily and course vlogs. He will also be able to get access to some of their tour pros and facilities, which again gets their brand in front of his viewers.



    The Crossfield haters think that because they’d be unable to stop themselves from trashing competitors that Mark must be the same, that because they’d be unable to skew their reviews toward Titleist that Mark must be the same, even though that never happened when he was sponsored by FootJoy and now Under Armour. Projection much?




    The problem is, if he says another club is crap or doesn't do what the marketing buff says it then it's a Titleist representative saying that X company's driver is crap and their tech doesn't work. How could that be seen as impartial.



    Posted:
    Taylormade M3 9.5 - Aldila Rogue Silver 60X
    Callaway Rogue 3 Wood - Aldila Rogue Silver 70X
    Titleist 816 H2 20 degrees - Aldila Rogue Black 85X
    Titleist 716CB 4-9 - X100
    Vokey SM7 46.10, 50.08, 54M, 59M - S400
    Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless Newport 2.5
    Titleist Pro V1
10

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.