Golf confessions...

Sometimes I don't pull the pin when I'm putting and playing alone.

Sometimes I don't mark my ball when I adjust my alignment aid on it whilst putting.

Sometimes I ground my club in a hazard. Gasp!

Titleist TS3, Evenflow stiff, 9.5, A1
Callaway Rouge SZ w/AD-DI 7x, 13.5*
Callaway Epic 2 Hybrid 18*
Titleist AP3 718 4-pw (weakened 2*)
Bettinardi Studio 28 Arm Lock
Vokey 50*, 54*, 58*
Titleist ProV1x (2017)

Comments

• MarkripMarkrip Boss fan 62 Members Posts: 1,582 ✭✭
    Say 4 Hail Arnolds and 2 Our Father Jacks my son , all is forgiven go forth and play more.
    Driver - Cobra F7
    3w- Adams Tight Speedline Super LS
    Hybrid - Cobra F8 19
    Irons- Adams XTD 4-PW
    Wedges- Tour Edge CB Pro 50, 54 , 58
    Putter- Tour Edge HP Series 01
  • daegyudaegyu Members Posts: 236 ✭✭
    Sometimes I refuse to rake the bunker if there's only 1 rake for the huge fairway bunker. It's my form of protest
    Callaway Epic 10.5 Oban Kiyoshi Gold 65s
    Callaway Epic 15 Oban Kiyoshi Gold 75s
    Callaway Epic 18 AD-DI 7s
    Titleist 816 H2 21 AD-DI 85s
    Taylormade P770 4-PW PX LZ 6.0 SS x1
    Vokey SM6 52F / 58M KBS Tour
    Byron Morgan DH89x
    Scotty Cameron Asian Spec AOP Newport Oil Can 33/350

Pro Platinum Mil-Spec 33/350

Cameron Classic Gun Blue 33/3503

TEI3 2nd gen 35/330

Studio Style Newport 34/340

Studio Stainless Newport Beach 34/340

ButtonBack Newport 34/340

009 34/350

Lakers Purple and Gold for Life
  • Bwwwhahahahahahahaha

..... I'll say those hail are Arnolds for sure.
    Vokey 50*, 54*, 58*
    Titleist ProV1x (2017)
  • SBH9458SBH9458 Go Army! Beat Navy! Members Posts: 893 ✭✭
    I nearly never pull the pin when I am playing alone....especially when a group lets me play through!
  • tsecortsecor Loading........ Members Posts: 4,005 ✭✭
    sometimes I make the golf cart skid in the wet grass when I ride
  • NaptimeNaptime Members Posts: 599 ✭✭

Sometimes I don't mark my ball when I adjust my alignment aid on it whilst putting.

1 and 2 for me. Saves time by skipping the rituals. Unless you stand up or walk away, lifting a ball on the green and returning it to its original position is not rocket science, and even if I am off my 1/16 of an inch, it's meaningless when the hole is 15 feet away.
  • tsecor wrote:

sometimes I make the golf cart skid in the wet grass when I ride

What kind of sick person does that!
  • I pee in the woods sometimes
  • HatsForBatsHatsForBats Members Posts: 1,481 ✭✭
    When I am in grass that doesn't belong there IMO I will make sure to take a practice swing that takes out some of the offending grass. Say in a bunker that has an earth mound in the middle topped by high grass.

I sometimes forget to fill a divot or fix my ball mark. I try to make up for this by filling a few or more divots on most holes when riding or repairing many ball marks throughout the round. In the end I am filling in many more divots than I make and repairing many more ball marks on the greens than I make.

When walking I don't always put my divot back in the spot it came from, for courses that advocate replacing a divot or using mix, but rather find a similar divot hole a bit forward and 'replace' the divot there. Keeps me moving forward and would seem to be about the same as replacing the original divot?

When the only rake has a fiberglass shaft and I can visibly see the shaft been broken I will use my feet and club to rake the bunker instead of risking getting splinters.
  • cardoustiecardoustie haha, we don't play for 5's Members Posts: 11,606 ✭✭
    sometimes I pick up short putts

sometimes I rake and place in a trap

sometimes i roll it out of an otherwordly deep unfilled divot in the centre of the fairway

sometimes I have some adult beverage in the side pocket. Should I pay $2.50 at the store or $13 at the course?? Hmmmmm

sometimes I have 16 clubs in the bag

Peeing in the woods? I have a PhD in that
    Ping G400 LST 11* Mitsu TI BB Matte 53x
    Callaway GBB 3w 14* Mitsu Blueboard 63x
    Ping G400 5w 17* Fubuki Tour 73x
    Callaway V-series Hwood Fuji TS 8.2s
    Callaway Apex 4h 23* Fujikura 904HBs
    Ping Rapture 5-PW Aldila NV MLTi Pro105x
    Ping iWedge 50* Aldila NV 105x
    Ping Glide SS 53* & ES 59* Wrx SF125s
    Piretti Matera Elite (torched)
  • MooJerseyMooJersey Posts: 428 ✭✭
    I don't drink when playing, but I don't blame the guys who sneak a couple beers in. Some of the courses are just obnoxious with the alcohol prices. $10 for a can of coors light...give me a break
    Cobra F8+ Driver - EvenFlow Blue
    TEE EX10 Beta 3W - HZRDUS Red
    Cobra F8 3H
    Cobra F8 4H
    Titleist 718 AP2 4-PW, AMT Black
    Vokey SM7 50-12F
    Vokey SM7 56-14F
    Odyssey Works 2-Ball
  • RoodyRoody You ride her until she bucks you or don't ride at all Posts: 1,051 ClubWRX

1 and 2 for sure. Sometimes I'll even do #2 when playing with buddies who won't give me **** about it. But during tournaments I make sure to mark.
    Titleist ProV1x
    Titleist 915 D2
    Titleist 716 T-MB 2-iron
    Callaway Apex irons 3-PW
    Odyssey Black Series #7
    Callaway Jaws and Mack Daddy Wedges
  • cardoustie wrote:

sometimes I pick up short putts

sometimes I rake and place in a trap

sometimes i roll it out of an otherwordly deep unfilled divot in the centre of the fairway

sometimes I have some adult beverage in the side pocket. Should I pay $2.50 at the store or $13 at the course?? Hmmmmm

sometimes I have 16 clubs in the bag

Peeing in the woods? I have a PhD in that

Man i just found my old bag that has a small cooler at the bottom. I was so excited that I now stash a couple beers in there and not pay the course's BS price.
  • naval2006naval2006 Posts: 953 ✭✭
    I bite the hat brim like a fighting dog when I go ballistic
  • chal0072chal0072 Members Posts: 341 ✭✭
    edited Jul 13, 2018 #16

I pee in the woods sometimes

I pee in the woods all the time. Sometimes not even on the golf course.
    Cobra King LTD Black
    TE EX10 3W
    Cobra F6 4h
    Callaway Apex cf16 5-P
    Cleveland RTX 50 56
    Taylormade Spider Black putter
  • Jstdoit95Jstdoit95 jstdoit95 Members Posts: 188
    I don’t know the last time I pulled a flag when playing solo.
    --nope--
  • Bonneville85308Bonneville85308 Members Posts: 1,627 ✭✭
    edited Jul 13, 2018 #18
    I pack my own snacks and drinks instead of buying them from the course pretty much always.

If nobody is around, I'll pee standing next to the outside of a port-o-john instead of going inside it.

If a bunker is basically hardpan, I don't bother raking it.

If the tee markers are in a stupid position on the tee box (i.e. impossible to avoid hitting an overgrown tree limb right in front of the tee box, etc.) in a casual round I will move the markers sideways on the box.

I make an effort to avoid the services of/having to tip bag boys wanting to "clean" my clubs at public courses.

If my opponent in a match is looking for a "lost" ball I will act like I'm helping him look for it but not really try.

When I was a caddie at a club, I would kick the ball to more playable lies for high handicappers when they could not see me.

That's enough for now.
  • HellstormHellstorm Posts: 513 ✭✭
    I used to always help my playing opponent look for their ball in the rough or woods, but now I don't even bother.

I thought everybody took their own drinks and snack...what else would all those pockets be for on those bags.
    TM M3 9.5 Tensie CK Pro White TS
    Callaway X-Hot 15 degree
    PXG 19 degree hybrid
    PXG 0311P 4-GW
    BV 56, 60
    Scotty Cameron Newport
  • jacobEDGEjacobEDGE Members Posts: 1,984 ✭✭
    From time to time, I'll have a Jon Rahm temper freak out and throw a club. Even if I'm just playing a practice round that doesn't matter at all. Hitting bad shots never feels good.
  • cardoustiecardoustie haha, we don't play for 5's Members Posts: 11,606 ✭✭
    I think it is time I took the Hoofer out of rotation and put one of my Ping DLX cart bags back in action (they have built in coolers .. just sayin')
    Ping G400 LST 11* Mitsu TI BB Matte 53x
    Callaway GBB 3w 14* Mitsu Blueboard 63x
    Ping G400 5w 17* Fubuki Tour 73x
    Callaway V-series Hwood Fuji TS 8.2s
    Callaway Apex 4h 23* Fujikura 904HBs
    Ping Rapture 5-PW Aldila NV MLTi Pro105x
    Ping iWedge 50* Aldila NV 105x
    Ping Glide SS 53* & ES 59* Wrx SF125s
    Piretti Matera Elite (torched)
  • leopoldstotchleopoldstotch Members Posts: 356
    I use mulligans ( there's a whole thread on it, i know i'm wrong haha )

Pee in places

I smoke cigarettes

I rake but leave the rake where i entered and exit, not where i found it.

I throw the flag onto the fringe
    Taylormade M2 Driver (2016)
    Callaway XR16 3 Wood

Cobra Fly Z 5 Wood
    Srixon H45 4 Hybrid

Srixon Z565 5-AW
    Cleveland RTX 3 54/58
    Taylormade Spider Tour Red
  • HellstormHellstorm Posts: 513 ✭✭
    I am a big believer in mulligans when playing casual rounds
    TM M3 9.5 Tensie CK Pro White TS
    Callaway X-Hot 15 degree
    PXG 19 degree hybrid
    PXG 0311P 4-GW
    BV 56, 60
    Scotty Cameron Newport
  • JoelsimJoelsim Posts: 684 ✭✭
    edited Jul 13, 2018 #24
    I moved my ball in a bunker today, as, despite me letting the management know that some bunkers have almost no sand in them a month ago, nothing has changed and I’m sick of trying to hit a bunker shot from a bare lie. I moved it to a sandy bit.
    Ping G400 Driver 10.5 Regular Alta CB 44.5”
    TaylorMade Original One Mini Driver 13.5 Regular Diamana F Ltd 43.25”
    Titleist 818 H1 18 3-Hybrid Regular Tensei Blue
    Titleist 818 H1 23 4-Hybrid Regular Tensei Blue
    Ping G400 4-UW Regular Alta (#4 at power spec loft)
    Ping G410 SW Regular Alta
    Cleveland CBX 52
    Callaway Mack Daddy 4 58 X
    Callaway Mack Daddy 4 64 S
    Bettinardi Studio Stock #3
    Odyssey O-Works Marxman
    Odyssey Stroke Lab V-Line
  • I carried 15 clubs for about 4 rounds while deciding between a hybrid and 5 wood.

Vokey 50*, 54*, 58*
    Titleist ProV1x (2017)
  • FadeFade Members Posts: 1,123 ✭✭
    I missed 2 tee-times last year, only played 20 rounds, had to be driven out to my group by a marshal. I was not known for arriving late before, and I have allowed extra time since...
  • Jstdoit95Jstdoit95 jstdoit95 Members Posts: 188

I pack my own snacks and drinks instead of buying them from the course pretty much always.

If nobody is around, I'll pee standing next to the outside of a port-o-john instead of going inside it.

If a bunker is basically hardpan, I don't bother raking it.

If the tee markers are in a stupid position on the tee box (i.e. impossible to avoid hitting an overgrown tree limb right in front of the tee box, etc.) in a casual round I will move the markers sideways on the box.

I make an effort to avoid the services of/having to tip bag boys wanting to "clean" my clubs at public courses.

If my opponent in a match is looking for a "lost" ball I will act like I'm helping him look for it but not really try.

When I was a caddie at a club, I would kick the ball to more playable lies for high handicappers when they could not see me.

That's enough for now.
    We need to play sometime...if I wasn't feeling lazy I would find a GIF from Step Brothers "DID WE JUST BECOME BEST FRIENDS????"
    --nope--
  • ClintDaggerClintDagger Posts: 566 ✭✭

I carried 15 clubs for about 4 rounds while deciding between a hybrid and 5 wood.

My TM bag has a slot for each club and for some reason there are 15 slots instead of 14. So, I keep 15 clubs in my bag and for casual rounds I mentally bench one rather than having a club rattling around my trunk. For tourneys I’m sure to pull one so as to comply.
    TM ’16 M2 Tour 8.5* Project X HZRDUS Yellow 75g / 6.5
    TM RBZ Stage 2 Tour 14* Mitsubishi Kuro Kage TiNi 80 X
    TM P-790 (2-4 iron) TT Dynamic Gold X Seven
    TM P-760 (5-7 iron) TT Dynamic Gold X Seven
    TM P-730 (8-PW) TT Dynamic Gold X Seven
    Titleist Vokey SM 6 52* 08-F
    Titleist Vokey SM 5 60* 04-L
    Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Te I3
  • PaulBallzPaulBallz Members Posts: 40
    I don't mark ball on green, just bend down, pick up, clean any mud, place down with aim line where I want.

If ball is on hard pan surface or its rocky or there are tree roots, I'll move the ball to the closest area with a decent lie. I don't get free clubs, not messing up what I have.

I chapstick the face of my driver. Not that I think it has that much of a positive effect, especially considering the lack of consistency, it's probably more of a mental placebo.

If I have a shot over water or there is a good chance I might lose the ball, I'll swap out my "good ball" for another **** ball (usually one I found) and play that.

In a bunker I'll draw a line directly behind the ball, then another a few inches behind that, creating a "channel" for me to focus hitting to get under the ball.

I only ever play double par on each hole. Worst score possible on par 3 is 6, par 4 is 8, par 5 is 10. If it's not possible to make a score under that I'll just pick up.

• csmithvtcsmithvt Members Posts: 73 ✭✭
    edited Jul 14, 2018 #30

I carried 15 clubs for about 4 rounds while deciding between a hybrid and 5 wood.

My TM bag has a slot for each club and for some reason there are 15 slots instead of 14. So, I keep 15 clubs in my bag and for casual rounds I mentally bench one rather than having a club rattling around my trunk. For tourneys I'm sure to pull one so as to comply.

You don't carry a ball retriever for your 15th slot?!?!

As for me, my biggest ones are:

- Don't rake if the traps are crappy or already a mess

- I'll remove my ball from a trap if the drainage is **** and it's water filled or the trap is filled with rocks (I don't make enough to be hitting balls and rocks just to get out).It's not like I'm putting it in a fairway.

- I took a couple mullies last round simply because my playing partners (randoms) were talking during my backswing. I don't mind usually, but if I hit an errant shot when they do I'll take another.

- I'll hit out of the woods if I wind up there, but I have zero regrets when I move away from roots or rocks. I'd rather be able to play my next round in a week rather than after recovering from a broken wrist and having to buy a replacement club.
    Titleist 917D2 - Mitsubishi Diamana LTD White
    Tour Edge Exotics EX9 Long- Mitsubishi Diamana D+ 70
    TaylorMade AeroBurner 19*- Matrix Speed RUL-Z 70
    TaylorMade P790 4-AW - Project X 6.0
    Callaway MD3 54* - Dynamic Gold S300
    Cleveland 588 RTX 2.0 60* - Dynamic Gold S300
    Nike Method Matter - B2|05
    Srixon Q-Star Tour
    Sun Mountain 4.5 LS Stand bag (USA edition)
  • FourTopsFourTops Banned Posts: 1,676 ✭✭
    I carry 15 or 16 clubs! OMG!