Golf confessions...

After three over, I play it out anyway, and take the three over. I drove the cart over the tee box deliberately and race in carts with my friends. I am loosing the mental side of this game and say regrettable things to my clubs(I do make up later.)

Bag is in overhaul mode

Clubs identify as hacker set

I quickly walk off a green before everyone is done putting because I KNOW I'm gonna hear..."if it weren't for that OB drive I would have parred that hole".

Β 

I call that a fake par and mark down my 6.

Β 

If I know I am the last one on the course I don't rake the bunkers.

My ball has never come to rest in a divot on the fairway. I must be a lucky golfer...

When I am by myself I play more than one ball. Not like I can post for hc anyways.

In the bag

Driver: Taylormade Sim2 Max 9*

4w: Callaway Mavrik Sub Zero

Hybrid:Β  Apex 19 3h 20*

Hybrid:Β  Apex 19 4h 23*

Irons: Callaway Apex CF 19 5i-AW

W1: Vokey SM7 54* S

W2: Vokey SM8 60* L

Putter: Swag Handsome Too

I often don't fix extra ballmarks when the greens or course are in poor condition. Conversely I will sometimes fix a lot of extra ballmarks even though the effort makes no real difference. Late in the season some of my favorite public tracks can get a bit beaten up and abused.

Β 

If I don't feel the course is in a condition to warrant the price charged I am not overly worried about replacing fairway divots. ie. you get to a course that did not post they just aerated and then they charge you the full rack rate. Another might be when you get charged an exorbitant amount extra for not booking online.

Β 

If the cart girl is pretty I might buy a beer just to get a closer look. No, I don't leer or hit on her.

Β 

If the cart girl is below average looking I feel jipped even though I probably wouldn't be buying anything from her anyways.

Β 

When playing a course I play infrequently or it is new to me - If a couple of holes or more are cut in what I deem unfair positions I may accidently forget to repair a ballmark or few depending on the severity of the 'infraction(s)'.

Β 

Even having worked for a while at a job where tips provided most of the income (bartending) I loathe the bagboy cleaning my clubs at some average public track and expecting a tip. Same goes for loading my bag onto a cart that is 10 feet away or driving an empty cart out to my car when I arrive. I prefer to tip when I request a service. High end courses I feel differently because I am anticipating that level of service for the price I am (usually) paying.

Β 

If a kid is selling golf balls I will buy a few even though I very likely won't use them. I was that kid when younger so I will go out of my way for that.

Β 

I sneak snacks onto courses.

Β 

I see no need. Pull out a snack and start eating right in front of the starter. I'm not sure I have ever been to a course that would call you on that... even the ones that have the 'no outside snack or food' posted on a sign.

I have a Srixon golf back that used to match my Srixon golf balls perfectly. Now I use Snell balls but the bag remains without using any other Srixon gear.

Β 

srixon-z-star-xv-yellow-choose-grade-grade-a-1053-p.jpg

G400 LST - TPT proto
TM M3 - Rogue Silver 110MSI 70S
21* Fourteen Type 7 Driving Iron - HZRDUS Black 6.5 105g
4 - PW Mizuno MP 18 MMC - SteelFiber FC115
50, 54, 60 RC Dual Bite - SteelFiber i125
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

I talk out loud to myself, whether the shot is good or bad.

Β 

Usually, it’s WTF or How the hell did I do that?

Adams Speedline 9088UL 10.5* AXIVCore 69 Black (S) Ping G SF Tec 3W, 5W Alta 65 (R) Ping G 4H,5H Alta 70 (R) Ping G 6-U TT XP 95 (soft R) Ping Glide 54*, 58* WS TT XP 100 (R) Ping Darby Sigma G

When playing alone, I move really fast and cut corners doing the following:

Β 

I never pull the pin.

I never mark my ball, I just put my putter head next to where the the ball was while I clean it off. Or if its really long putt, I just put it back where I thought it was.

I often don't write my score down on a card. I just keep track of score vs par in my head.

If I hit a really bad shot, I have another ball in my pocket. I usually use a yellow one. I drop it and retry the shot. I keep score for the first one only.

After doing all of this, I put my solo scores toward my handicap. GASP!

I often don't fix extra ballmarks when the greens or course are in poor condition. Conversely I will sometimes fix a lot of extra ballmarks even though the effort makes no real difference. Late in the season some of my favorite public tracks can get a bit beaten up and abused.

Β 

If I don't feel the course is in a condition to warrant the price charged I am not overly worried about replacing fairway divots. ie. you get to a course that did not post they just aerated and then they charge you the full rack rate. Another might be when you get charged an exorbitant amount extra for not booking online.

Β 

If the cart girl is pretty I might buy a beer just to get a closer look. No, I don't leer or hit on her.

Β 

If the cart girl is below average looking I feel jipped even though I probably wouldn't be buying anything from her anyways.

Β 

When playing a course I play infrequently or it is new to me - If a couple of holes or more are cut in what I deem unfair positions I may accidently forget to repair a ballmark or few depending on the severity of the 'infraction(s)'.

Β 

Even having worked for a while at a job where tips provided most of the income (bartending) I loathe the bagboy cleaning my clubs at some average public track and expecting a tip. Same goes for loading my bag onto a cart that is 10 feet away or driving an empty cart out to my car when I arrive. I prefer to tip when I request a service. High end courses I feel differently because I am anticipating that level of service for the price I am (usually) paying.

Β 

If a kid is selling golf balls I will buy a few even though I very likely won't use them. I was that kid when younger so I will go out of my way for that.

Β 

Β 

I see no need. Pull out a snack and start eating right in front of the starter. I'm not sure I have ever been to a course that would call you on that... even the ones that have the 'no outside snack or food' posted on a sign.

Β 

It’s my confession. Not yours to question and add input. Teeheeheehee

Driver: Callaway Paradym 9 set to 10 Draw

3WΒ CallawayΒ Β Epic Flash

5w Callaway Epic Flash
Hybrids: 4-5 Epic Flash Β  Β 
Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β 6-7 Big BerthaΒ 

Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β 7 Ping G430 played as an 8Β 

Irons: PXG Gen4 XP 9-GW

Wedges: PXG 0311 52 56 degree Forged

Putter: Odyssey Rossie Pro 2.0Β 

Β 

When playing alone, I move really fast and cut corners doing the following:

Β 

I never pull the pin.

I never mark my ball, I just put my putter head next to where the the ball was while I clean it off. Or if its really long putt, I just put it back where I thought it was.

I often don't write my score down on a card. I just keep track of score vs par in my head.

If I hit a really bad shot, I have another ball in my pocket. I usually use a yellow one. I drop it and retry the shot. I keep score for the first one only.

After doing all of this, I put my solo scores toward my handicap. GASP!

Β 

Some people just want to watch the world burn.

G400 LST - TPT proto
TM M3 - Rogue Silver 110MSI 70S
21* Fourteen Type 7 Driving Iron - HZRDUS Black 6.5 105g
4 - PW Mizuno MP 18 MMC - SteelFiber FC115
50, 54, 60 RC Dual Bite - SteelFiber i125
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

I will sometimes kick my father inlaws ball to a better spot on the fairways, out of the rough, or away from bad stuff if he cant see me and I am close to it. Also if he is laying 6, 8, or 9 and close to the green, say on the fringe I will sometimes move it a little ummmm closer (aka a lot closer) to the hole. I justify it by saying it helps with pace of play and to help keep him happy on the course.

Β 

Β 

PS. He is a 30+ capper.

I don't think caddieshack is very funny.

Β 

This is almost blasphemous. Now if you said quoting from Caddyshack isn’t funny, well then... I would just say to you, Don’t sell yourself short, Judge. You’re a tremendous slouch.

Β 

I know I'm the minority on this one, I think it's just too over hyped I had worked in the golf industry for 4+ years and played golf for 10+ before I ever saw it. Maybe I find it over hyped is a better then not funny.

I will go a step further and say I don't think Bill Murray is that funny. He just doesn't make me laugh very often.

>Mavrik Max 12.5*Β 

>Mavrik 16.5* 4w

>Mavrik Max 4, 5, 6, 7 hybrids

>7--SW Dynacraft Prophet Muscle Blade Irons

>MD5 Jaws 58* W grind LW

>Odyssey Stroke Lab Double Wide Putter

I will sometimes kick my father inlaws ball to a better spot on the fairways, out of the rough, or away from bad stuff if he cant see me and I am close to it. Also if he is laying 6, 8, or 9 and close to the green, say on the fringe I will sometimes move it a little ummmm closer (aka a lot closer) to the hole. I justify it by saying it helps with pace of play and to help keep him happy on the course.

Β 

Good to see I’m not the only one!

i always check what ball my buddy is playing and clip one or two from his bag, to pull from my pocket and drop during any of the 18 tee shot searching expeditions I go on. Arnie forgive me

Callaway Paradyn 9Β°
Ping G 3 W
Ping G 5W
Ping g400 Hybrid
Mizuno JPX 923 hot metal HL 5-GW
Vokey 50-08 sm8
Vokey 56-08 sm9
Spider Tour 34”

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

LOL I love these confessions.

WITB 2019:

Callaway Epic Flash Sub 0 Driver
Callaway Rogue 3-wood
Callaway Apex MB 3-PW
Chrome 4 Wedges 52 & 56
Ping Anser No.5 Putter

I'll practice almost every day for a week and when complimented on playing well by buddies will say, "must be all the time off from practicing."

Β 

I'll play a prov1x against any other brand ball in my bag , therefore playing two balls when playing alone. However, I always end up rooting against my own non Titleist ball.

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Titleist TS3, Evenflow stiff, 9.5, A1
Callaway Rouge SZ w/AD-DI 7x, 13.5*
Callaway Epic 2 Hybrid 18*
Titleist AP3 718 4-pw (weakened 2*)
Bettinardi Studio 28 Arm Lock
Vokey 50*, 54*, 58*
Titleist ProV1x (2017)

Sometimes when the group behind me hits up multiple times without making a noise I move their ball behind a tree. If you are gonna hit my cart with a ball, at least give me a heads up.

Β 

If I am on the green and a shot from the group behind comes to rest on the green, I make sure I head to the next tee by taking the route that has me walk all through his line.

/ What's in my bag is more than meets the eye /