Your Golf Stereotype

Comments

• Matt JMatt J Members Posts: 8,643 ✭✭
    This is a classic WRX thread where everyone posts and no one reads any of the posts.

Hold in a second! Let me tell you about ME!

I did enjoy writing mine. That's value.
  • nfmotonfmoto Members Posts: 165 ClubWRX
    I'm the guy everyone likes playing with. I can get around a course alright, but even on my worst days I'm having a blast, shooting the s**t, and guzzling beers. I play faster than just about anyone I know, no practice swings, and you will never wait on me.

I'll never understand complaining or getting mad on the golf course (unless it's your job). You could be sitting in the office ffs.
    I can't stand playing with guys that guzzle beers the whole round.
  • tightmftightmf Members Posts: 55 ✭✭
    Self-flaggelating range rat: muttering to myself self through two large buckets.

The other regulars probably assume I'm mentally ill.
    AB TP 9.5* / Diamana Blue 72 s
    AB TP 3HL / Kurokage Silver s
    V-Steel 7w / Some Fujikura shaft
    MP18 MMC 4 iron / PX 6.0
    MP18 MB 5-PW / PX 6.0
    S18 (50*, 54*) / DG wedge
    Ping Eye 2 XG (60*) / DG wedge
    Ping Pal 5KS (bought new at Sportmart 25 years ago)
    tightmf wrote:

Self-flaggelating range rat: muttering to myself self through two large buckets.

The other regulars probably assume I'm mentally ill.

Hate it when I catch myself talking to myself at the range. Good one.
  • ultrafl1ghtultrafl1ght Members Posts: 143 ✭✭
    edited Nov 14, 2018 #217
    leftyDH04 wrote:

This is a classic WRX thread where everyone posts and no one reads any of the posts.

Hold in a second! Let me tell you about ME!

I did enjoy writing mine. That's value.

Haha...The WRX Kanye Move: "I'm gonna let you finish, but here's my reply first!"

*Natural Transition* Shows up on the first tee dressed like I'm sponsored by Nike, plays like Charles Barkley (okay not that bad, but you get that idea).
    [font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]Titleist 915D2
    Taylormade M1
    Titleist 816H1
    Mizuno MP-H4/-54/-64
    Vokey SM6
    Odyssey 7H
    [/font]
  • allen8862allen8862 Members Posts: 32
    Big Ben wrote:

I'm the early guy sending texts asking where everyone is at. Yeah another group tee'd it better get here fast!!!! Yeah, I'm in the cart waiting instead of putting or hitting a few balls 48 minutes before our time.

I do the exaaccttt same thing!
  • bladehunterbladehunter Today was a good day.... Members Posts: 24,953 ✭✭
    I’m the guy who when my game is on gets the compliment that goes like this “ how on earth was that a 78”? Referring to my score and my inability to get it in the hole once I get there. I mean who the **** hits a par 5 in 2 and 4 putts from 26 ft ? I did last Saturday.

That and I’m the guy who apparently talks to himself too much. Recently was told to shut it when griping that my ball had landed on the wrong side of the fairway. I didn’t realize I was saying it out loud. Lol.

TM Tour M6 11.2 * KK Tini XTS 70X
    TM Tour 17 M1 14.5* Graphite Design ADDI 8x
    Titleist Tour Proto MB 3-pw Modus 130X
    Ping Glide Forged   54 60 S400
    Cameron GSS 009 1.5 tungsten sole weights, sound slot
  • LaznastyLaznasty Valparaiso, IndianaMembers Posts: 673 ✭✭
    Taylormade M6 accra TZ6s
    Taylormade M5 5w GD AD-IZ6s 19°
    Titleist 910H GD AD-DI 95s 28°
    Taylormade P790 Modus 125x (4-AW)
    EPON Tour Spin Wedge shimada tour black 54° & 58°
    Lamb Crafted Camden
  • DK<80DK<80 Posts: 271 ✭✭
    The Caddie.

I give everyone their yardages...none of my friends nor family have a GPS/range finder!

I usually end up counting everybody's strokes too and I usually catch at least one or two wrong scores that I have to recount. "oh yeah, forgot about that shot"......
    TaylorMade SLDR 430 12°
    Titleist 917F2 15°
    TaylorMade r9 19°
    Cleveland Classic 4h 23°
    Titleist 712 AP2 (5-PW)
    Cleveland 588 RTG (54°, 60°, 64°)
    Nike Method Core MC-4iX
  • SurfDufferSurfDuffer Posts: 3,008 ClubWRX
    Total range rat. The guy who spends way way too much time perfecting the full swing and hardly any time practicing short game and putting. Full swing of a pro and short game of a 15 handicapper.

Titleist 915 D2 60gX Rogue Silver
    Titleist 906F2 13* ProForce V2 90gX
    Titleist 690mb 2-P 6.0PX
    Titleist Vokey 52* and 58*
    SeeMore FPG Putter
  • BeerPerHoleBeerPerHole Members Posts: 1,077 ✭✭
    I'm probably the weirdo. I tell jokes quite regularly that half the guys understand. I'll say a bad word after a bad shot if there isn't a lady present. Oh, and I play much better if I'm drinking lightly and steadily (as opposed to not drinking at all). I was reminded of that by my playing partner who is an Elvis impersonator. "Youall better be bringin' enough IPA..."
    Ping G400 Max, 8-degrees, tour stiff
    Mizuno JPX900 Forged irons
    Ping G400 5-wood
    Srixon Z Star
    Maker's Mark
  • Ready golfer... no practice swings. Walking 18 holes in 3hr 15min... I suck in a 5 hour round
    915 D2 Adilia Rogue Silver X
    915fd Adilia Rogue Black X
    910h 19* Tour AD DI 8X
    AP2 4-pw Project X PxI 6.5
    Vokey wedges
    Cameron TeI3
  • FourTopsFourTops Banned Posts: 1,676 ✭✭
    I laugh at guys who carry a giant wet towel around with them on the putting green and 4 putt with a very clean ball.
  • dropkickeddropkicked Members Posts: 472 ✭✭
    I tinker.. Been called a walking "demo tent".

Dislikes poor etiquette when playing a round.
  • Tcann32Tcann32 Members Posts: 3,527
    I’m a lefty, and I do lefty things.

After meeting other lefties, and occasionally playing in a full group of LH golfers, all of us are mid single digit handicaps, and even then, I’ve come to realize that we approach the game a little differently.

Hitting stupid shots is commonality I’ve found in us all.. Ha
    What's actually in the bag...
    Callaway Epic SZ-9.0-Aldila X-Torsion Green Mamba-70TX
    Callaway Epic SZ 15* - PX Handcrafted Yellow 75 6.5
    Callaway Apex UT 21* - C- taper S+
    Miura LH LTD Black Blades: 3-p w/ DG TI X7's.
    Cleveland RTX 3: 50-54 w. C-Taper S+
    Scratch 1018: 58 w/ C-Taper S+
    Piretti Potenza / Odyssey MX #7

Others gamed on occasion:
    Callaway BBA (2014)
    Callaway 13 X Forged w/ AMT X100's (hard stepped once)
    Scratch Golf 51,55,58,59
    Wilson Staff Kirk Currie Milled
    SurfDuffer wrote:

Total range rat. The guy who spends way way too much time perfecting the full swing and hardly any time practicing short game and putting. Full swing of a pro and short game of a 15 handicapper.

FYI...the guy at the range didn't perfect his full swing...just ingrained his typical bad swing.
  • gc444gc444 Lefty Boomers Posts: 403 ✭✭

The tinkerer- shows up to the course with a new club every time he plays golf.

This is me, most of the guys I golf with give me so much **** over it. However I think I am finally close to having my bag set......... image/cheesy.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':cheesy:' /> yeah right.
    I always take a long break to hang with the cart girl...
  • FourTops wrote:

eb6.jpg?1307463786
  • QuasimotoQuasimoto Members Posts: 863 ✭✭
    I'm the guy that can play well. I have a good swing when I focus on my swing.

Seems like I can't stand prosperity though.

I play 2 weeks of solid golf and then want to experiment with all kinds of swing modifications - seeking distance, or seeking aesthetics, or seeking to flight the ball.

Seeing if I can swing like Fred, or Payne, or Kuch. And then I'm messed up for 2,3,4,weeks.

Just stop it and focus, focus, focus.
    Srixon 785 9.5 HC HZRDUS 6.0 / Cobra F9 9 HZRDUS Smoke
    Titleist TS3 13.5 75g S EvenFlo
    Taylormade GAPR Hi 3,4,5 70g KBS R
    Srixon z785 6-AW Nippon Tour 105 R
    Titleist SM7 54 & 58 Nippon Tour 105 S
    Odyssey Stroke Labs #7, Evenroll #5
    TM TP5, Titleist AVX

FourTops wrote:

eb6.jpg?1307463786

You're as much fun as a bag of hammers.
  • BeerPerHoleBeerPerHole Members Posts: 1,077 ✭✭
    FourTops wrote:

A while back, and a local big muni that will remain nameless...my buddy and I were getting in a late-in-the-day round when a cougar cart girl shows up. You don't hardly ever see those. She was a buxom blonde and, after a minute, made it clear she had a dirty mind - saying all kinds of naughty stuff. I thought it was funny as ****. My buddy, who's a lonely bachelor, hung with her about as long as I've seen anybody do for quite some time. I just found it really funny....
    Ping G400 Max, 8-degrees, tour stiff
    Mizuno JPX900 Forged irons
    Ping G400 5-wood
    Srixon Z Star
    Maker's Mark

FourTops wrote:

A while back, and a local big muni that will remain nameless...my buddy and I were getting in a late-in-the-day round when a cougar cart girl shows up. You don't hardly ever see those. She was a buxom blonde and, after a minute, made it clear she had a dirty mind - saying all kinds of naughty stuff. I thought it was funny as ****. My buddy, who's a lonely bachelor, hung with her about as long as I've seen anybody do for quite some time. I just found it really funny....

......And? LOL!
  • zero_shotzero_shot Members Posts: 5
    I'm the swing-chaser. Always looking for the newest tip to help "fix" my swing. When I figure out a consistent way that gets results, I still change/try something else and break it again.
    Taylormade Aeroburner Irons 4-SW
    Taylormade 2016 M2 Driver/3W/5W
    Cleveland 60* Wedge
    Cleveland Huntington Beach #11 Putter
  • Birdie MacBirdie Mac Posts: 435 ✭✭
    Play it where it lies guy. Won't take a drop when the guys say it's ok, even if it's below a bush or by a tree root. It's supposed to be penal if I hit a bad shot. I also don't pick up if I'm in the 'circle of love'. I've missed enough of the gimmies to know I need to putt those out.

I play ready golf to keep things moving, and in the past 25 years, I have changed out my clubs only as many times I have been married, which is to say twice. I'm wanting this to be the last set...
  • Don't do anything really outstanding but does everything well enough to score.
  • Also, I can be described as OCD and high maintenance about my stuff.
  • MountainGoatMountainGoat Mid-MarylandMembers Posts: 1,570 ✭✭
    Some people call me “Professor”.

• jaw1978jaw1978 Posts: 83
    edited Dec 9, 2018 #241
    Have an anxiety attack when my caddie bangs my headcover-less putter around with the other clubs he is carrying. It is not a 6 year old model in mint condition accidentally buddy!
    Post edited by Unknown User on