Is Malbon Golf the New Big Baller Brand

Comments

• MiniJ83MiniJ83 Members Posts: 1,453 ✭✭
    GoIrish17 wrote:

Malbon Golf’s execs:

They’re FLUUUUUSHHHHH with CAAAAASSSSHHHH!
  • nealkbnealkb Members Posts: 266 ✭✭
    They are literally packing them all up today and tomorrow. I just picked mine up from the store. I live pretty close (2 miles) and had to go exchange something out from them. FWIR, they had an issue with Nike getting the merch out to them, but they literally have boxes all over the shop today ready to send all the stuff out..
    White R1 Graffaloy Bimatrix Pink Stiff
    XHOT Pro 3W
    XHOT Pro 3h XHOT (4-5H)
    6-A XHot w SpeedStep 85 Stiff
    MP-4 54 +58, SM-4 64
    Scotty
  • lopey986lopey986 ClubWRX Posts: 2,211 ✭✭
    nealkb wrote:

They are literally packing them all up today and tomorrow. I just picked mine up from the store. I live pretty close (2 miles) and had to go exchange something out from them. FWIR, they had an issue with Nike getting the merch out to them, but they literally have boxes all over the shop today ready to send all the stuff out..

Yeah I got my shipping notices late last night.
  • bpprybppry Members Posts: 1,903 ✭✭
    Don't hold your breath on the extra gift. My hat came today and it kinda felt like an extra insult. Hat is cool but really thinking of selling because as of now I don't really want to show support for malbon.
  • lopey986lopey986 ClubWRX Posts: 2,211 ✭✭
    bppry wrote:

Don't hold your breath on the extra gift. My hat came today and it kinda felt like an extra insult. Hat is cool but really thinking of selling because as of now I don't really want to show support for malbon.

sounds like the extra gift is for your "next order"...which i'll probably never place lol
  • Deebo76Deebo76 Members Posts: 105 ✭✭
    lopey986 wrote:

bppry wrote:

sounds like the extra gift is for your "next order"...which i'll probably never place lol

I like my hat as well. Sad to report no extra special gift either. I am debating trying to contact Malbon again about it.
  • Yanki01Yanki01 TEXASMembers Posts: 6,034 ✭✭
    how much was that hat?
    915D2 Rogue Silver 60S
    915F Rogue Black 80S
    915H Rogue Black 85S
    712u 4i Recoil F4 110
    714 AP2 5-PW Nippon Modus3 Tour 105x
    SM6 51.08F | 56.08M | 60.10S
    Scotty Cameron Mil-Spec 33/350G
    WITB || Scotty Cameron Mil-Spec
  • cvhookem63cvhookem63 Fujikura Ventus Experience ETXClubWRX Posts: 4,703 ClubWRX
    edited Oct 24, 2018 #39
    Yanki01 wrote:

how much was that hat?

Mine was $35 with shipping after I used a promo code. About what a normal Nike hat would cost. It was the only thing that didn't seem like it was extremely overpriced.
    WITB Link
    TaylorMade M3 440 9* Fujikura Speeder 857 TR-X
    NIKE Vapor Fly 14* Fujikura Rombax P95X
    NIKE Vapor Fly Pro 3-4 Fujikura Pro 95 Tour Spec X
    TaylorMade P770 5-9 X100
    NIKE OVEN Engage 46* X100 | Engage 50*SS / 55*SS / 60*DS S400
    SCOTTY CAMERON Select Squareback
    Deebo76 wrote:

lopey986 wrote:

bppry wrote:

I like my hat as well. Sad to report no extra special gift either. I am debating trying to contact Malbon again about it.

Save your time. Unless you want 3 tees, 2 scorecard pencils and 2 plastic ball markers.
  • Deebo76Deebo76 Members Posts: 105 ✭✭
    bppry wrote:
    Deebo76 wrote:

lopey986 wrote:

bppry wrote:

Save your time. Unless you want 3 tees, 2 scorecard pencils and 2 plastic ball markers.

That's what you got???
  • Golfer4LifeGolfer4Life “Don’t bother me with your pettiness” Lake Placid, N.Y. Whiteface G.C.ClubWRX Posts: 2,317 ✭✭
    Talk about been a “poser” wearing that stuff, lol.....
    PING 400 Max and a Bag full of PXG’s.......
    Non Titleist Cameron Welded Neck 35/330g SC 009
    “Check your Ego at the Club House and Play the Correct Tees”
    Deebo76 wrote:

bppry wrote:
    Deebo76 wrote:

lopey986 wrote:

bppry wrote:

That's what you got???

Sadly it is. Very underwhelming.
  • ckayckay Members Posts: 3,920 ✭✭
    What do you expect from a hype beast shop
    Taylormade M4 440 10* Tensei White Pro 60TX
    Taylormade M2 Tour 16.5* Atmos Blue 7x
    Taylormade M2 L.I.F.T. 2 KBS Hybrid Proto 85x
    Miura CB57 Nippon SPB X
    Vokey CF 52F/56M/60M S400 Onyx
    Cameron Cami & Co Newport Beach 34/350

WITB Link
  • sixtysevensixtysevensixtysevensixtyseven Members Posts: 2,028
    As soon as I hear the term "lifestyle brand" I turn and walk the other way.
  • Golfer4LifeGolfer4Life “Don’t bother me with your pettiness” Lake Placid, N.Y. Whiteface G.C.ClubWRX Posts: 2,317 ✭✭
    Yo, that’s dope! Fasho!

Hahahahaha!
    Every picture on their website and instagram features a person who looks like their dog just died. Why are they all so sad?

Every picture on their website and instagram features a person who looks like their dog just died. Why are they all so sad?

I would be sad also if were forced to wear that stuff, lol.....

But you are right. Who knows, fashion?
    They captured this guy with the dopey Spaulding outfit on deep in thought on the 4th tee.

You can see his internal struggle, I'll have a hamburger, no, I'll have a hotdog.

They really captured the human condition with this one, to hamburger or not to hamburger.
    edited Oct 25, 2018 #50

They captured this guy with the dopey Spaulding outfit on deep in thought on the 4th tee.

You can see his internal struggle, I'll have a hamburger, no, I'll have a hotdog.

They really captured the human condition with this one, to hamburger or not to hamburger.

Lol, that’s hilarious!

They wouldn’t let in my Club House with that on, lol....
    Here's another head scratcher. I'm not sure how this belongs on their website as a promotion of their brand, unless they're selling robes, but is this guy too cool for school or what?

What is the coolest part about this guy? 1. The robe. 2. The impractical coffee cup. 3. The chains. 4. The 1970's green chair. or, my favorite, 5. The fact that he is the only person in the history of mankind to sit in a dark room drinking coffee with sunglasses on.

Here's another head scratcher. I'm not sure how this belongs on their website as a promotion of their brand, unless they're selling robes, but is this guy too cool for school or what?

What is the coolest part about this guy? 1. The robe. 2. The impractical coffee cup. 3. The chains. 4. The 1970's green chair. or, my favorite, 5. The fact that he is the only person in the history of mankind to sit in a dark room drinking coffee with sunglasses on.

So basically this guy represents a Renaissance Gumba, lol......I don’t know how that fits with the brand, but....lol.....This is too much, lol....

Did you see the last picture, the one with the playa and his demi?
    I like this guy.

Here's a guy who poses like a BA with a Wheels Up jet in the background. It's like the smallest one you can rent too.

Someone should spoof this one. Rather than a Malbon hat where a Marlboro hat and pose in front of a SouthWest jet.
  • ShinnersShinners Members Posts: 45 ✭✭
    I wanted to give you guys an update. I just received one of the items I purchased and I am very unhappy. The design of the hat looks like a middle school fundraiser project. It appears they purchased the cheapest close out hats from Nike (look at the Tag: it states 2017) and embroider them somewhere in Downtown LA. Actually, embroiders in LA would do a way better job. I don't even think they did a collaboration with Nike. What do you guys think. I am definitely returning this item. Never purchasing from them again.
    How much did you pay for that $24 hat?
  • ShinnersShinners Members Posts: 45 ✭✭
    It was around 43 - 44 including shipping and tax
    That's not even embroidered, it looks like a heat transfer.

I've been hearing people calling the lottery a tax on morons, this may be a similar situation.

I do like the balls it takes to actually leave the $24 tag on something you charge $44 for though.
  • cvhookem63cvhookem63 Fujikura Ventus Experience ETXClubWRX Posts: 4,703 ClubWRX
    edited Oct 26, 2018 #58
    It is the same black Classic 99 hat as the 'Nike Golf Club' hats. It definitely isn't embroidered - it is a reflective heat transfer. And the heat transfer quality is not great. There is some smudging. I may hold on to mine just because I was able to use a coupon and get it for ~$35 total. It seems like the Nike x Malbon collaboration was better in theory than in actuality.

Leaving the $24 tag on there that the blank hats come with is kind of a slap in the face.
    WITB Link
    TaylorMade P770 5-9 X100
    Now, I’m sorry but that’s junk.
  • ckayckay Members Posts: 3,920 ✭✭
    LOL! That is hilarious!
    Taylormade M4 440 10* Tensei White Pro 60TX
    Taylormade M2 Tour 16.5* Atmos Blue 7x
    Taylormade M2 L.I.F.T. 2 KBS Hybrid Proto 85x
    Miura CB57 Nippon SPB X
    Vokey CF 52F/56M/60M S400 Onyx
    Cameron Cami & Co Newport Beach 34/350

WITB Link

Now, I’m sorry but that’s junk.

It really isn't that different from any other company buying blank Nike hats and having their logo put on the front and then selling them at retail prices on their site. Now marking everything up that much for just screen printing over retail Nike shorts/shirts/shoe bags is pretty wack. Their mistake is leaving the $24 tag on the hats. If anybody paid attention to the release though, you knew it wasn't going to be embroidered. You could definitely tell it was a reflective screen print on all of the stuff. They definitely did not do themselves any favors with the long lead time and the promise of a "free gift" that isn't really a gift at all.
    WITB Link
    TaylorMade P770 5-9 X100