Best Driver of 2019 | Full Article _HERE_ | Discussion Thread _HERE_

Tourstriker Planemate

Comments

• dhc1dhc1 NYCMembers Posts: 896 ✭✭✭✭✭

@smithy23 said:
    @dhc1 I asked this of David woods and just got told to watch the videos about plane mate

If it helps any I own a gravity fit and think it’s a very useful training tool

Thanks smithy23. It looks like the first video on shortband can be very similar to the gravity fit. Does that make sense? Also, do you have both or just the gravity fit (which I also own)?
    Finally, how does the plane mate deal with supination? Does it presume angle hinging? My terms may be totally off btw.

• smithy23smithy23 UKMembers Posts: 52 ✭✭

@dhc1 just own the gravity fit - uk based an cost of the planemate puts me off a little as I think they potentially do similar things , would argue the plane mate perhaps looks bit more user friendly as gravity fit can be bit fiddly and the thickness of band when hitting shots can be a tad annoying but for my level 11hcp think the GF and regular lessons will get me into position I want to be in

M5 9* Oban Isawa
    F9 -4Wood 16* Oban Isawa
    TM UDI 17* Oban Isawa
    Callaway Apex19 Hybrid 20* Tour AD-DI 
    MP18 Fli HI 5# KBS C Taper Lite X
    JPX 900 Tour 6-PW C Taper Lite X
    RTX 4 Wedges 50/54/60 Modus 120 S
    Evnroll ER1 / Spider X
    TP5

Set of Vapor Pro Blades as Backup Slightly Tweaked! 
  • Krt22Krt22 East BayMembers Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@dhc1 said:
    How is this different from the gravity fit? To be clear, I understand literally how they’re different but wanted to know what they work on specifically. I am both too narrow and would like to shallow more.
    Thanks.

I think there is a lot to be said about the plane mate actually attaching to the club. I have not used gravity fit, but having immediate feedback on the club itself is hard to replicate

• golfho50golfho50 Members Posts: 288 ✭✭✭✭

Anybody want to sell their Tourstriker Planemate PM me with.

Thanks

• wrm2120wrm2120 Members Posts: 67 ✭✭
    edited Sep 10, 2019 11:36pm #126

Well, I have taken the plunge. Looking forward to hooking it up and giving it a go. Mr. Chuck makes excellent stuff. I wish he still chimed in around here.

Driver: Callaway XR 16
    3 Wood: Taylormade Aeroburner HL
    Irons: Ping S-55 (3-PW)
    Wedges: Ping Glide (50, 54 & 58)
    Putter: Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2
    Ball: Callaway Chromesoft TrueVis
  • Buckets2Buckets2 Members Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I have yet to receive mine, however the last two days I've tried my best to emulate what I think the bands would force me to do. No joke I've gained 6-8 MPH on my driver, hitting it at 20+ yards further than I normally do and I already hit it pretty far haha

• jamiejamie Lefty Boomers Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@wrm2120 said:
    Well, I have taken the plunge. Looking forward to hooking it up and giving it a go. Mr. Chuck makes excellent stuff. I wish he still chimed in around here.

I have the smartball and planemate. Chuck looks like a really good golfer, judging by his swing...all his aids come from a players perspective it seems which I love!!

PING G400 9* Tour 65 X - PING G400 Stretch 13* HZRDUS Yellow - PING G410 17* Hybrid Tour 85 X
    PING I210 4-U Project X 6.5 - PING Glide 2.0 Stealth 55 & 60* Project X 6.0
    PING VALOR CB 35"
  • ShipwreckShipwreck Members Posts: 3,930 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Buckets2 said:
    I have yet to receive mine, however the last two days I've tried my best to emulate what I think the bands would force me to do. No joke I've gained 6-8 MPH on my driver, hitting it at 20+ yards further than I normally do and I already hit it pretty far haha

I did the same thing this past Sunday. I didn’t get a chance to fully use it before play but I used the short band for like 15 min on Friday to get a “feel”. Shot 74 and was hitting some of the most pure shots of my life. My highlight shot was on a par 5 I had 195 to (and usually plays 1/2 to 1 club longer). Hit the most beautiful, towering 5 iron of my life 15 feet past the hole. Missed the eagle (don’t ever leave an eagle putt short) but a tap in birdie isn’t a bad thing.

Bag as of 14MAY2019
    Driver - Cobra F9 Speedback w/ Evenflow White 76x
    3w - Cobra F8 w/ HZRDS RED 6.5
    Hybrid - Cobra F7 w/ Fuji VTS Silver Stiff
    Irons - Titleist 718 AP2 w/ AMT S300 Tour White 4-9
    Wedges Titleist SM7 w/ AMT S300 Tour White 46/50/54/60
    Putter - Odyssey O-Works #7

• jgonz69jgonz69 Members Posts: 793 ✭✭✭✭✭

@golfho50 said:
    Anybody want to sell their Tourstriker Planemate PM me with.

Thanks

They’re in stock.

PXG 0811X 
    PING G400 3wd 14.5 Ping Tour 75
    PING G400 Hybrid Ping Tour 85
    PXG 0211 5-LW
    PXG Bat Attack H 
    Srixon Z-Star XV
  • bluejeeprubibluejeeprubi Ponte Vedra Beach, FloridaMembers Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Box arrived today. Will start tomorrow and see how it goes.

G400 lst digital loft at 9 playing at 8
    G400 3w. Xtorsion Black 80tx
    G400 5w. Ad-di 8x
    20 and 24 ft worth hi
    5-pw Miura BB with x100 ti
    60 mack daddy forged
    Nike 006 proto
  • ChazbChazb Members Posts: 924 ✭✭✭✭✭

You guys have me ordering one,what I like is you can get feedback with or without hitting balls.

• pusb365pusb365 Members Posts: 647 ✭✭✭✭✭

@pusb365 said:
    Anyone know how long it takes to ship to the UK?

I've just ordered one, but at no point in the process did it say what the delivery lead time was.

I was offered to pay £29 for delivery or get free delivery. I chose the free option as again it didn't say how long it would take to ship for each option

Incase anyone from the UK was wondering the same…

I chose the free shipping option and received it next day delivery!

Not sure why they offer you the option to pay £29 for delivery.

• Dsevans8Dsevans8 Members Posts: 280 ✭✭✭✭

Yeah I just got mine, took 2 days. Took me a little bit to get it set up and put on... followed the Level 1 protocols and and just tried to get a feeling for what it is that the bands are trying to show me. Relieved to see, at least for the Level 1 protocols that this move was something that I already incorporated into my swing. All the same I did them 2x trying to get a feeling for the planemate and how it operates. I promised myself that I would follow all 7 days to the letter and evaluate where I think I need the most help and then move on from there. I will try and post as much as I can with my thoughts on the individual protocols and any changes that I see in my swing.

• sprcoopsprcoop Tucson, AZMembers Posts: 873 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Buckets2 said:

I think it was Monte S. that had a short video (don't remember the platform Twitter? YT?) showing what looked like a Planemate move. Take club to top then by moving nothing but your wrists extreme shallow the club, then rotate hard. I have found a lot of success doing that drill. Kind of a shallow/freezer drill. I hit it so good I consider using it on course.

Driver: TaylorMade R7 425CC 8.5* Grafalloy blue S
    3W: Titleist 910F 16.5 * Diamana Kai'li 75 Mid R
    3H: Titleist 910H 19 * Diamana Kai'li 80HYB Mid R
    2I: TourModel III True Temper S
    3-PW: Mizuno MP 60 True Temper Dynamic Gold S300 S
    SW: TourModel III True Temper S
    Putter: Cobra Anvil 005
    Ball: Ksig 3 piece

• UnderPar18UnderPar18 Previously Ecsugolf1 Members Posts: 5,714 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Planemate is the real deal. Can’t believe how good it really is. Martin Chuck is going to have this be his best selling invention ever. Mark my words

• hargraves1066hargraves1066 Orlando FLMembers Posts: 22 ✭✭

@UnderPar18 said:
    Planemate is the real deal. Can’t believe how good it really is. Martin Chuck is going to have this be his best selling invention ever. Mark my words

And David Woods 😊. Agreed 100%

•  Dave D Dave D Members Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@UnderPar18 said:

that good is it? helped you get more rotation?

Driver: Taylormade M2 10.5* w/ Hzrdus Black 6.0 62g
    3 Wood: Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 15* w/ Hzrdus Yellow 6.5 76g
    2 iron: Taylormade P790 UDI w/ Hzrdus Black 6.0 85g

4-PW: Callaway X Forged '13 w/ Project X Pxi 6.0
    Wedges: Vokey SM7 50F, 54S & 60L - DG wedge flex
    Putter: Odyssey Stroke Lab #7 34"

Ball: Callaway Chrome Soft

ig-badge-view-24.png
    fbv_twitter.png
  • UnderPar18UnderPar18 Previously Ecsugolf1 Members Posts: 5,714 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@ Dave D said:

@UnderPar18 said:

that good is it? helped you get more rotation?

yes, more rotation, but more importantly properly synced rotation. Played some holes last night and was impressed with how well I was swinging it. Still lots of work and reps, but this was well worth the money IMO.

• moadhiamoadhia Members Posts: 290 ✭✭✭✭

I played my first round after working with the plane mate for 1.5 weeks or so everyday. Ended up hitting 9 GIR , my average is usually 6-7. Best thing was I was taking shallow divots with good low point control. I am super pumped about the impact this is going to have over the next couple of months.

• cagt13cagt13 Members Posts: 4

Also really helps with early extension. Seems early extension and getting too steep in transition are linked, like early extension is trying to fix the club being above the plane. Understand that conceptually and feel wise after training with this.

• DLiverDLiver Members Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Does this thing come with any kind of guarantee?

• PingEye2PingEye2 Members Posts: 836 ✭✭✭✭✭

Devil"s Advocate question: Since it seems to force the club shallow does anyone see any danger in the player fighting that feeling by activating muscles which would fight the band and actually getting steeper once the band isn't attached? I hope that makes sense? I am probably overthinking this since most seem to be really liking it so far.

• ShipwreckShipwreck Members Posts: 3,930 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@DLiver said:
    Does this thing come with any kind of guarantee?

I guarantee you’ll be able to sell it quickly if you don’t like it.

If you actually do the moves and methods, it SHOULD give you a better swing. There are no guarantees though.

Bag as of 14MAY2019
    Driver - Cobra F9 Speedback w/ Evenflow White 76x
    3w - Cobra F8 w/ HZRDS RED 6.5
    Hybrid - Cobra F7 w/ Fuji VTS Silver Stiff
    Irons - Titleist 718 AP2 w/ AMT S300 Tour White 4-9
    Wedges Titleist SM7 w/ AMT S300 Tour White 46/50/54/60
    Putter - Odyssey O-Works #7

• ChimzChimz Members Posts: 20 ✭✭

For those of you that are using this aid , do you find that it applies equally to long vs short irons as well as when you’re swinging driver ?

• Shane1Shane1 Members Posts: 363 ✭✭✭✭

@Chimz said:
    For those of you that are using this aid , do you find that it applies equally to long vs short irons as well as when you’re swinging driver ?

Yes, I believe the concept is critical for all clubs.

Find the extreme's and go directly in between.
  • GolfChannelGolfChannel Orlando, FloridaMembers Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Bought one for our boys golf team and man does this ingrain the feels. I’ve done the day 1 protocols twice and man I feel like I’ve been hitting the ball wrong all my life compared to this even though I am a well above average short game player. Crazy...

Driver: He who shall not be named...
    3 Wood: Callaway Rogue w/Project X Blue Evenflow 75
    5 Wood: Callaway Rogue w/Project X Blue Evenflow 75
    Irons: Ping iBlade Nippon AWT 2.0 Stiff
    Wedges: Callaway MD3 50, 54, and Honma TW737 Forged 62
    Putter: Original Odyssey White Hot XG No. 7
    Ball: Srixon Z-Star 2018 (Yellow)
  • Z1ggy16Z1ggy16 Members Posts: 7,827 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Can one use this indoors without hitting balls? I'm looking for a winter time training aid; I live in a small condo, no basement, no garage.

WITB
    OG Epic Sub Zero 9* | HZRDUS Smoke 60X
    '16 M1 Tour Issue 16* | Diamana B 70X
    '17 M1 Tour Issue 3h or GAPR Lo | Accra TZ6 M5
    P790 4i | Modus 120X
    P770 5-PW | Modus 120X
    Glide Stealth 2.0 50/10SS | Modus 120TX "Spinner" 
    Glide Stealth 2.0 54/12SS | Modus 120TX "Spinner" 
    Hi-Toe 58 | Modus 125 Wedge ( Glide Stealth 2.0 58/10SS for spring & fall)
    Bettinardi MC 360 Tour or Ardmore 2 
    ProV1x
    Sun Mountain 5.5 Bag
    Nike Tour Premiere

• moadhiamoadhia Members Posts: 290 ✭✭✭✭

Yes it can be used indoor. Pair it with accustrike mat to make sure low point and club face control is good

• GolfChannelGolfChannel Orlando, FloridaMembers Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Z1ggy16 said:
    Can one use this indoors without hitting balls? I'm looking for a winter time training aid; I live in a small condo, no basement, no garage.

The feels don’t need a ball which makes it such an exceptional swing aid. I personally recommend going a few days at first without a ball and just focusing on the feels before jumping right into the protocols. If you do the protocols, do them correctly and in order. If you have a bad day go a protocol or 2 back and build into that protocol again.

Driver: He who shall not be named...
    3 Wood: Callaway Rogue w/Project X Blue Evenflow 75
    5 Wood: Callaway Rogue w/Project X Blue Evenflow 75
    Irons: Ping iBlade Nippon AWT 2.0 Stiff
    Wedges: Callaway MD3 50, 54, and Honma TW737 Forged 62
    Putter: Original Odyssey White Hot XG No. 7
    Ball: Srixon Z-Star 2018 (Yellow)
  • Z1ggy16Z1ggy16 Members Posts: 7,827 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@GolfChannel said:

@Z1ggy16 said:

The feels don’t need a ball which makes it such an exceptional swing aid. I personally recommend going a few days at first without a ball and just focusing on the feels before jumping right into the protocols. If you do the protocols, do them correctly and in order. If you have a bad day go a protocol or 2 back and build into that protocol again.

I want to see protocols first to to prep myself but all the vids on the website are down or permission is locked.

WITB
    OG Epic Sub Zero 9* | HZRDUS Smoke 60X
    '16 M1 Tour Issue 16* | Diamana B 70X
    '17 M1 Tour Issue 3h or GAPR Lo | Accra TZ6 M5
    P790 4i | Modus 120X
    P770 5-PW | Modus 120X
    Glide Stealth 2.0 50/10SS | Modus 120TX "Spinner" 
    Glide Stealth 2.0 54/12SS | Modus 120TX "Spinner" 
    Hi-Toe 58 | Modus 125 Wedge ( Glide Stealth 2.0 58/10SS for spring & fall)
    Bettinardi MC 360 Tour or Ardmore 2 
    ProV1x
    Sun Mountain 5.5 Bag
    Nike Tour Premiere

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file