Pull push cart recommendations

Bogeygolfer55 ·  
Bogeygolfer55Bogeygolfer55 Members  79WRX Points: 64Posts: 79 Fairways

Hey guys love to walk but shoulder been giving me problems been looking for suggestions on best pull or push carts. Which ones best 2 wheel 3 wheel or 4 wheel. Looking to spend less than $300

Posted:

Comments

• YuckYuck Fore! Members  2621WRX Points: 259Posts: 2,621 Titanium Tees

I have had a clicgear 3.5 for nearly 4 years now. Holding up well with well over 200 rounds on it so far.

Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • Golf64Golf64 Go Habs Go! Ontario, CanadaMembers  8279WRX Points: 406Handicap: ScotchPosts: 8,279 Titanium Tees

Best cart out there, Clic Gear 3.5+!

Posted:
    In the bag:

Demoing for 2020.

Super Bowl LII Champions
    Fly Eagles Fly!
  • Hawkeye77Hawkeye77 IowaClubWRX  20897WRX Points: 4,862Posts: 20,897 ClubWRX

I had a Clicgear and liked it a lot, but my daughter "appropriated" it.

Came upon an article a year ago about the Blade IP. Ordered one.

It folds flat instead of into a cube which I like and when I take it out it is quicker to get ready to go, and easier to take down. That doesn't mean the Clicgear was particularly difficult, but it was more involved and 4 pounds heavier - don't mind pushing a lot less weight.

Posted:
  • jah7838jah7838 Members  1260WRX Points: 217Posts: 1,260 Platinum Tees

Another vote for the Clicgear from me. The available attachments for it are really nice as well.

Posted:
    WITB
    Driver: 9.5* M3 Speeder 757 Speeder Evolution Tour Spec Stiff Flex
    Fairway: Cobra F9 Tour 3 wood set to 15* with Proforce V2 7F4, Cobra F6 Baffler set to 19* with Motore Speeder 8.3 Stiff/Aldila Tour Blue 85s (5 Wood)
    Hybrids: 19* Adams XTD Super Hybrid VTS 100s, 23* Adams Super 9031 S300
    Irons: 4 (Recoil 125 F4), 5-PW Ben Hoga PTx Pro DGTI S400
    Wedges: 48* bent to 49* Hogan TK wedge, RTX 4 52* bent to 53* Mid, and Mizuon S18 56* bent to 58*. All wedges have DGTI S400
    Putter: Odyssey O Works #7 or Kingston KP1 Carbon Oil Can Finish...Toulon Las Vegas is on the way!
  • lchanglchang Members  747WRX Points: 187Handicap: 11Posts: 747 Golden Tee
    Posted:
  • KARL MKARL M Members  685WRX Points: 102Posts: 685 Golden Tee

Stay away from pull carts. 

The pulling resistance on just one shoulder is not good on an aging back, especially when walking uphill.

Posted:

G400Max 10.5 Driver Red tie 6Q3 stiff
    917 F2 Fairway set at 18* Speeder TS mod 74 stiff
    Ping G410 Hybrid 22* & 26* Evenflo Black 6.0 stiff

Ping G Gap-6 iron Steelfiber i95 R.flex

Ping Anser 52* Steelfiber i95 R.flex
    Cleveland CBX 56* Steelfiber i95 R fles
    Callaway X Tour 59.5* Steelfiber i95 R.flex
    Scotty Newport 2,  prov1x, Kangaroo-hillcrest AB

Advertisement
  • CelebrosCelebros Vandalia, OHMembers  346WRX Points: 236Handicap: 1.5Posts: 346 Greens

Another vote for Clicgear. The 4.0 just came out, so you may be able to find some of the 3.5+ models discounted soon.

Posted:
    Cobra KING F9 Speedback (9*)
    Cobra KING F8+ (4-5, 16.5*)
    Cobra KING Forged Tour (3-GW)
    Cobra KING WideLow (56*)
    Cobra KING Pur WideLow (60*)
    Odyssey O-Works Jailbird Mini
    Titleist ProV1
  • I_HATE_SNOWI_HATE_SNOW Members  3436WRX Points: 227Posts: 3,436 Titanium Tees

Sun Mountain user. Tall thin tires roll through the grass the easiest. Ours are old enough that the tires inflated. Once slimed, they stay up all winter. Mesh baskets on the cart are nice for carrying headcovers, water bottles, dog leash, etc.

Posted:
  • mtnbiker5mtnbiker5 Members  377WRX Points: 94Handicap: 11Posts: 377 Greens

Just ordered the Clicker 4.0 today on their website. Looks nice

Posted:
  • duckboat24duckboat24 Members  40WRX Points: 28Posts: 40 Bunkers

TGW Tour 3. $159

Posted:
  • Sean2Sean2 Members  32502WRX Points: 2,523Posts: 32,502 Titanium Tees

Bag Boy Quad XL. Very small footprint sets up and tears down very easily.

Posted:

Treat yourself as if you were someone you are responsible for helping. Jordan Peterson

Too much sanity may be madness and the maddest thing of all is to see life as it is, and not as it should be. Cervantes

In golf, the human mind has much higher capabilities to screw things up than the physics has to make things better. Unknown

Advertisement
  • GooseHookGooseHook Keep it Fraiche Members  11942WRX Points: 458Posts: 11,942 Titanium Tees

Longtime ex Clicgear user, switched to the Quad last season and absolutely love it. Best bottom by far for Sun Mountain bags and it breaks down faster too.

Posted:
    SIM 9.0°, Atmos Black 7x
    Flash SZ 18°, VTS Silver 8x
    Mizuno MP Fli Hi 21°, Recoil 110

X Forged '18  5-P, PX 6.5
    MD Forged 50/54/58
    SM6 62M

Cleveland Huntington Beach SOFT 11s
    Tour BX

• LeoLeo99LeoLeo99 Members  4821WRX Points: 694Posts: 4,821 Titanium Tees

Love my Quad Cart. Mine is the older non XL version. If they've improved it, I can't imagine how. It's great.

Posted:
  • Sean2Sean2 Members  32502WRX Points: 2,523Posts: 32,502 Titanium Tees

Yes...I like it much better than the Clic Gear, and you are right about the bag too.

Posted:

Treat yourself as if you were someone you are responsible for helping. Jordan Peterson

Too much sanity may be madness and the maddest thing of all is to see life as it is, and not as it should be. Cervantes

In golf, the human mind has much higher capabilities to screw things up than the physics has to make things better. Unknown

• skmcclureskmcclure Members  135WRX Points: 63Handicap: 13.3Posts: 135 Fairways

The only cart I’ve ever had is the Sun Mountain Micro Cart. I would buy it again in a heartbeat. My SM Sync bag fits on it perfectly. It folds small and does so quickly. Couldn’t be happier.

Posted:
  • mattavery727mattavery727 Members  156WRX Points: 55Handicap: 12.9Posts: 156 Fairways

Costco has a few push carts that go on sale. And Costco has best return policy if anything goes wrong or you don’t like after a few rounds they will give you full refund.

Posted:

Ping G400 LST 8.5 Tensei Pro Orange 70 TX

Rogue Sub Zero 18 - Project X Yellow 6.5

3 Iron bent to 18 - Srixon Z585 Nippon Modus 120X

4-PW - Srixon Z765 Nippon Modus 120 TX

50,54,58: Titleist SM7 Project X 6.5

Kronos Hendrix

Vice Pro Plus or TP5X

Advertisement
  • birdog903birdog903 Members  113WRX Points: 32Posts: 113 Fairways

I’ve had a caddytek lite 3 wheel version for a year or so. No complaints and I paid less than $100.

Posted:

I guess the takeaway here is that everyone like the pushcart that they have!

Posted:
  • AlC1222AlC1222 Members  5WRX Points: 11Posts: 5 Bunkers

Another vote for the Bag Boy Quad XL

Posted:
  • jgallant415jgallant415 ClubWRX  363WRX Points: 113Handicap: 12Posts: 363 ClubWRX

I’m the exact opposite. I replaced the Quad with a Clicgear and am much happier with the Clicgear. Unfolding/folding takes a bit longer, but I find it much more agile around the course and feel like it’s easier to get the bag on snuggly. And the bottom seems to agree much better with my bag (Ping Hoofer).

Posted:
  • Wataca44Wataca44 wataca44 Members  14WRX Points: 38Handicap: 7Posts: 14 Bunkers

Caddytek, Caddylite 11.5 V3. Takes about 5 seconds to set up. Much lighter than Clic Gear.

Posted:
    wataca44

Advertisement
  • evilelfevilelf Members  116WRX Points: 67Posts: 116 Fairways

My friend and I took the plunge last year and decided to walk 18 once a week. He got a good deal while travelling for work on a Clic Gear, but I went with a cart from Costco. We are both impressed with my cart for the price.

https://www.costco.com/caddytek-3-wheel-golf-cart-with-swivel-front-wheel.product.100430232.html

Posted:
  • iutoddiutodd Members  267WRX Points: 89Posts: 267 Greens

That is what I'm getting as well. I have no idea what I'm going to get at this point.

Posted:

For me, I made sure that the features I cared about were there when assembled. E.g., that my phone doesn't fit in the Bigmax IP Blade's top compartment doesn't matter to me at all. You might care about the specific of the cup holder or the foot brake. Whatever.

Then I made sure from forums like these that the workmanship / reliability were good. Seems like, on this front, people are vouching for all of them: Bigmax, ClicGear, Bag Boy. Even the cheaper Caddytek's. So not much narrowing down here. Which is good!

Then I chose the one whose folded-up dimensions were best for my needs. So I got the Blade.

Posted:
  • evilelfevilelf Members  116WRX Points: 67Posts: 116 Fairways

You need to identify your top features you want. For me, that Costco model has a great cell phone holder, even with a spot for your finger to slide through to unlock it. I have moved on to a laser, so I don't really value this as much. A small cooler for cold brews, hand vs foot brake, locking front third wheel makes it easier to traverse uneven terrain sometimes, cup holder, umbrella holder.

Posted:
  • BMCBMC Members  3903WRX Points: 886Handicap: YESPosts: 3,903 Titanium Tees

I have a light bag and a two wheel pull cart that weighs almost nothing. No issues with back. Jordan Speith used one in Australia.

I see guys with the push carts loaded down with a big bag and a lot of stuff struggling to push them.

Posted:
    PING Rapture(OG) 10.5 driver
    PING Rapture 3 wood
    Cobra Pro hybrids 18 & 23
    Callaway '18 MB irons
    Callaway 56 SW
    Cleveland Classic #2 putter

Advertisement
  • WillMK5WillMK5 Members  439WRX Points: 50Posts: 439 Greens

Has anyone seen them discounted? I've been looking but haven't seen any deals yet.

Posted:
  • I_HATE_SNOWI_HATE_SNOW Members  3436WRX Points: 227Posts: 3,436 Titanium Tees
    Posted:
  • 1plaingolfer1plaingolfer Members  8WRX Points: 68Posts: 8 Bunkers

A vote here for the Big Max Blade Quattro. I used a Clicgear 3.0 for several years and liked it until I got the Blade Quattro....weighs about half the Clicgear and folds flat. Just for comparison I used my wife's Clicgear last week and the extra weight was noticeable; I couldn't wait to get back to the Blade!

Posted:

Advertisement
  • stpaulslouchstpaulslouch Members  28WRX Points: 12Handicap: 3Posts: 28 Bunkers

I have the Bag Boy Nitron. Only used it a few times but so far so good and takes about 2 seconds to set up or break down and gets really small which is nice.

Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.