Tiger Woods 2019 Taylormade Irons...P7TW?

hokiealumn

> @bambam said:

> > @bluejeeprubi said:

> > I’m not saying right or wrong but if this is true and he uses x100 8i shafts in his wedges is he tipping them too? If not wouldn’t his wedges be a lot weaker than his PW? Wondering not doubting anyone

>

> I don't know. My blind guess is: Considering his irons are hardstepped, to create a sub-flex without going to S400, the wedge shaft could be a straight in 8i shaft or it could be tipped, depending on what he wants. Either way, it won't be much softer. You can't hardstep a PW or 9i shaft because that's the shortest they come. You can only tip them (edit: so a standard X100 8i vs a hardtepped 8i shaft [actually PW & 9i shaft] is naturally a degree of subflex softer).

Chances are, if he’s doing anything, it’s more for feel and not chasing a ball flight. He already plays weaker lofts than most, if he was concerned about ball flight, balooning, spin, etc...he would just bend his irons slightly stronger. He has stated many times over he wants the high ball flight and will flight it down if he needs to rather than going the other direction.

2024 Building In-progress

Qi10 Core Head 9* w/ AD-DI 6S  (I heart you AD DI and will never sway from you again)
Qi10 Tour 3W with shaft TBD
Callaway UW 17* with shaft TBD

Titleist TS2 19* Hybrid at 20* w/ PX Evenflow Blue 85 6.0

4-PW Srixon ZX7s w/ DG AMT White S300s
MG2 TW Grind 56/60 at 54/58
Spider Tour X3

> @jll62 said:

> > @rawbuffalo said:

> > Anyone that has disassembled them help me out? Wondering what the raw head weights are. And what the bounce is on the tiger specs option.

>

> The raw head weights of my 5-PW were as follows (I haven't torn down the 3 or 4 irons yet). One thing to note is that these weights are after removing the hosel weight that's used to adjust swing weight during the TM build.

>

> 5 - 247.5g

> 6 - 256.5g

> 7 - 264.0g

> 8 - 271.7g

> 9 - 279.9g

> PW - 283.5g

And that’s exactly why I sold my set

• Like 1

TM SiM 9* Kuro Kage XT 60 TX

TM SiM 15* Diamana D+ LTD 70 X

Titleist u500 2 Diamana Tensei Blue 90X, 4 DG TI S400

Titleist T100 5-6 DG TI S400

Titleist MB 7-PW DG TIS400
Artisan TW/TGR Blade 50*, Artisan 55R, 59TW S400
001 TW Proto

WITB http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1183320-cota0429-nike-oven-baked-witb-52215/

> @cota0429 said:

> > @jll62 said:

> > > @rawbuffalo said:

> > > Anyone that has disassembled them help me out? Wondering what the raw head weights are. And what the bounce is on the tiger specs option.

> >

> > The raw head weights of my 5-PW were as follows (I haven't torn down the 3 or 4 irons yet). One thing to note is that these weights are after removing the hosel weight that's used to adjust swing weight during the TM build.

> >

> > 5 - 247.5g

> > 6 - 256.5g

> > 7 - 264.0g

> > 8 - 271.7g

> > 9 - 279.9g

> > PW - 283.5g

>

> And that’s exactly why I sold my set

Progressive weighting?

• Like 1

Srixon Z785 w/ PX 6.0 HZRDUS yellow (S) shaft
Srizon F65 3w (15*) w/ stock Miyazaki Kaula (S)
Srixon Z U85 20* driving iron
Taylormade P7TW irons (3-PW) in S400 tour issue shafts
Taylormade Hi Toe 54 and 58 wedges
Bettinardi Studio Stock 8 putter

I got to hit these at the TM demo day today and I wasn't intimidated by them at all. I only got to hit with the DG 120's (they were packing up the demo stand so didn't have a chance hit anything else), but man was I getting a penetrating mid flight and they were carrying the same distance as my Maltby DBM 7i (bent to 32*). Hitting center felt amazing but on the few shots I hit low they're definitely punishing, but that's expected with almost any iron. I would have no problem gaming but not worth the price tag IMO.

• Like 1

Is everyone over these right now?

Question for anyone that ordered these with the tour velvet cords. If you played them before, do you know if they were the 58 or 60s and prefer one over the other? And did you realize that you were getting the 58s when you ordered the TWs?

I for one didn't know, nor did my shop know that TM only carried the 58s. They are too big for my short fat hands, I have the 60s on my other irons and love em. This pisses me off so much and all the customer service rep says is "we don't carry them", gee thanks guy.

Titleist 915 D3 8.5* W/ Fujikura Speeder Pro74, set at A1
Titleist 915 FD 15* W/ Diamana 70 Whiteboard, set A1
Mizuno MP4 3-P W/ Nippon Modus3 130X
Mizuno T5 50*, 54*, 58* 50 & 54 with Modus 130x and 58 with Modus wedge 125x
Byron Morgan 006 GSS

> @KeithM38 said:

> Is everyone over these right now?

> Question for anyone that ordered these with the tour velvet cords. If you played them before, do you know if they were the 58 or 60s and prefer one over the other? And did you realize that you were getting the 58s when you ordered the TWs?

> I for one didn't know, nor did my shop know that TM only carried the 58s. They are too big for my short fat hands, I have the 60s on my other irons and love em. This pisses me off so much and all the customer service rep says is "we don't carry them", gee thanks guy.

I was unaware, but it makes sense on why they felt larger. I built a practice club with a different mb and noticed the difference then

Tsr 3 9*

Epic Flash SZ 15*

Covert 19*

716 MB 4-P

MG3 52*

MG4 56* 

SM8 60* 

Oworks Tank Armlock

TP5x

> @KeithM38 said:

> Question for anyone that ordered these with the tour velvet cords. If you played them before, do you know if they were the 58 or 60s and prefer one over the other? And did you realize that you were getting the 58s when you ordered the TWs?

> I for one didn't know, nor did my shop know that TM only carried the 58s. They are too big for my short fat hands, I have the 60s on my other irons and love em. This pisses me off so much and all the customer service rep says is "we don't carry them", gee thanks guy.

Every iron set I’ve ever ordered with Tour Velvet cord has been .580”. I’ve always understood that it’s the universal standard for Tour Velvet Cord in irons.

> @KeithM38 said:

The grip specs were listed on the P7TW Irons page from the outset.

https://www.taylormadegolf.ca/P7TW-Irons/DW-AL447.html?lang=en_CA

Ping G430 Max 10K 10.5° driver - Diamana GT 60S

Ping G430 Max 15° #3 fairway - Diamana TB 70S

Ping G430 Max 21° #7 fairway - Diamana TB 80S

Ping G430 Max 26° #5 hybrid - MMTh 90S

Mizuno Pro 243 4-PW irons - MMT 105S

Mizuno T24 Raw 48°-10S wedge - MMT 105S

Mizuno T24 Raw 54°-10S and 60°-06X wedges - MMT Scoring Wedge 105S

Ping PLD Ally Blue 4

Titleist Pro V1x

> @noodle3872 said:

> > @KeithM38 said:

> > Is everyone over these right now?

> > Question for anyone that ordered these with the tour velvet cords. If you played them before, do you know if they were the 58 or 60s and prefer one over the other? And did you realize that you were getting the 58s when you ordered the TWs?

> > I for one didn't know, nor did my shop know that TM only carried the 58s. They are too big for my short fat hands, I have the 60s on my other irons and love em. This pisses me off so much and all the customer service rep says is "we don't carry them", gee thanks guy.

>

> The grip specs were listed on the P7TW Irons page from the outset.

>

> https://www.taylormadegolf.ca/P7TW-Irons/DW-AL447.html?lang=en_CA

Yeah, we found that out days ago, just unfortunately didn't pay attention to the specs. Our fault for trusting they'd be built correctly. It's just very annoying that the 58s would be installed on a .600 butt end. Every time I've had grips done they've been standard for the shaft size, meaning .600 grip on .600 shaft, then built up a little with tape.

Byron Morgan 006 GSS

> @Nard_S said:

> Tour Velvet Cords rock, just saying.

>

They do rock, they also work better when they are the correct size lol

Byron Morgan 006 GSS

> @bambam said:

> > @KeithM38 said:

> > Is everyone over these right now?

> > Question for anyone that ordered these with the tour velvet cords. If you played them before, do you know if they were the 58 or 60s and prefer one over the other? And did you realize that you were getting the 58s when you ordered the TWs?

> > I for one didn't know, nor did my shop know that TM only carried the 58s. They are too big for my short fat hands, I have the 60s on my other irons and love em. This pisses me off so much and all the customer service rep says is "we don't carry them", gee thanks guy.

>

> Every iron set I’ve ever ordered with Tour Velvet cord has been .580”. I’ve always understood that it’s the universal standard for Tour Velvet Cord in irons.

I've understood you put a 60 on a 600 shaft unless you want it a little thicker.

Byron Morgan 006 GSS

Question guys, and Bladehunter I see you on this blog as well, so you know I had Blueprint irons, but shaft was questionable so just sold instead going through a re-shaft!

I’ve had P-790’s with Nippon 950 Shaft and for no good reason traded to experience the one length cobra. If you had 790’s or Blueprint, or hit either of those, how does the TW iron compare as far as feel, forgiveness against the other two? The 790’s to me had good distance and feel. Thanks

> @jll62 said:

> > @rawbuffalo said:

> > Anyone that has disassembled them help me out? Wondering what the raw head weights are. And what the bounce is on the tiger specs option.

>

> The raw head weights of my 5-PW were as follows (I haven't torn down the 3 or 4 irons yet). One thing to note is that these weights are after removing the hosel weight that's used to adjust swing weight during the TM build.

>

> 5 - 247.5g

> 6 - 256.5g

> 7 - 264.0g

> 8 - 271.7g

> 9 - 279.9g

> PW - 283.5g

Super light and consistent with the general observation that today's 8-iron is just yesterday's 7-iron.

> @KeithM38 said:

> > @noodle3872 said:

> > > @KeithM38 said:

> > > Is everyone over these right now?

> > > Question for anyone that ordered these with the tour velvet cords. If you played them before, do you know if they were the 58 or 60s and prefer one over the other? And did you realize that you were getting the 58s when you ordered the TWs?

> > > I for one didn't know, nor did my shop know that TM only carried the 58s. They are too big for my short fat hands, I have the 60s on my other irons and love em. This pisses me off so much and all the customer service rep says is "we don't carry them", gee thanks guy.

> >

> > The grip specs were listed on the P7TW Irons page from the outset.

> >

> > https://www.taylormadegolf.ca/P7TW-Irons/DW-AL447.html?lang=en_CA

>

> Yeah, we found that out days ago, just unfortunately didn't pay attention to the specs. Our fault for trusting they'd be built correctly. It's just very annoying that the 58s would be installed on a .600 butt end. Every time I've had grips done they've been standard for the shaft size, meaning .600 grip on .600 shaft, then built up a little with tape.

Trusting they were being built correctly?!? Lol. Umm...that’s not how that works. It would be the OEMs fault if they said one thing thing and did something else. In this case, they didn’t. It’s your fault 110%, the OEM did not build anything ‘incorrectly’.

Qi10 Core Head 9* w/ AD-DI 6S  (I heart you AD DI and will never sway from you again)

Spider Tour X3

> @Golfrnut said:

> > @KeithM38 said:

> > > @noodle3872 said:

> > > > @KeithM38 said:

> > > > Is everyone over these right now?

> > > > Question for anyone that ordered these with the tour velvet cords. If you played them before, do you know if they were the 58 or 60s and prefer one over the other? And did you realize that you were getting the 58s when you ordered the TWs?

> > > > I for one didn't know, nor did my shop know that TM only carried the 58s. They are too big for my short fat hands, I have the 60s on my other irons and love em. This pisses me off so much and all the customer service rep says is "we don't carry them", gee thanks guy.

> > >

> > > The grip specs were listed on the P7TW Irons page from the outset.

> > >

> > > https://www.taylormadegolf.ca/P7TW-Irons/DW-AL447.html?lang=en_CA

> >

> > Yeah, we found that out days ago, just unfortunately didn't pay attention to the specs. Our fault for trusting they'd be built correctly. It's just very annoying that the 58s would be installed on a .600 butt end. Every time I've had grips done they've been standard for the shaft size, meaning .600 grip on .600 shaft, then built up a little with tape.

>

> Trusting they were being built correctly?!? Lol. Umm...that’s not how that works. It would be the OEMs fault if they said one thing thing and did something else. In this case, they didn’t. It’s your fault 110%, the OEM did not build anything ‘incorrectly’.

Guess correctly was the wrong word, how about standard size? Lol, to your point yes, they did get built correct in their eyes, with what they had. Unfortunately for me I never looked online at any specs, just ordered them from my shop like do everything else. Oh well, they can be changed.

Byron Morgan 006 GSS

> @KeithM38 said:

> > @Golfrnut said:

> > > @KeithM38 said:

> > > > @noodle3872 said:

> > > > > @KeithM38 said:

> > > > > Is everyone over these right now?

> > > > > Question for anyone that ordered these with the tour velvet cords. If you played them before, do you know if they were the 58 or 60s and prefer one over the other? And did you realize that you were getting the 58s when you ordered the TWs?

> > > > > I for one didn't know, nor did my shop know that TM only carried the 58s. They are too big for my short fat hands, I have the 60s on my other irons and love em. This pisses me off so much and all the customer service rep says is "we don't carry them", gee thanks guy.

> > > >

> > > > The grip specs were listed on the P7TW Irons page from the outset.

> > > >

> > > > https://www.taylormadegolf.ca/P7TW-Irons/DW-AL447.html?lang=en_CA

> > >

> > > Yeah, we found that out days ago, just unfortunately didn't pay attention to the specs. Our fault for trusting they'd be built correctly. It's just very annoying that the 58s would be installed on a .600 butt end. Every time I've had grips done they've been standard for the shaft size, meaning .600 grip on .600 shaft, then built up a little with tape.

> >

> > Trusting they were being built correctly?!? Lol. Umm...that’s not how that works. It would be the OEMs fault if they said one thing thing and did something else. In this case, they didn’t. It’s your fault 110%, the OEM did not build anything ‘incorrectly’.

>

> Guess correctly was the wrong word, how about standard size? Lol, to your point yes, they did get built correct in their eyes, with what they had. Unfortunately for me I never looked online at any specs, just ordered them from my shop like do everything else. Oh well, they can be changed.

In some cases like this, it's going to be a no-win for the OEMs at some point. No one seems to want to agree on a 'standard', so if they said it, someone along the way would say that the OEMs standard is not THE standard. Even if we talk same diameter, then we start talking taper rates of the shafts/grips, etc. The whole system when it comes to that topic is a real mess IMO.

Spider Tour X3

Loving mine since reshafting them with Nippon 120s. Compared them to the blueprints and for me the TW’s were the right choice.

• Like 1

Titleist             TSR3 10* w/ Tensei 1k white
Callaway       Apex 19' 3 hybrid w/ Nippon GOST tour stiff

NCW                Tour Department DW mid muscle MB 4-PW w/ Modus 105 S
Vokey            SM8 50f, 56s, 60m
Bettinardi       Studio Stock 17

> @outgolfing said:

> Loving mine since reshafting them with Nippon 120s. Compared them to the blueprints and for me the TW’s were the right choice.

Same. I really really wanted the blueprints but for me these outperformed them.

G400 lst digital loft at 9 playing at 8
G400 3w. Xtorsion Black 80tx
G400 5w. Ad-di 8x
20 and 24 ft worth hi
5-pw Miura BB with x100 ti
60 mack daddy forged
Nike 006 proto

> @bluejeeprubi said:

> > @outgolfing said:

> > Loving mine since reshafting them with Nippon 120s. Compared them to the blueprints and for me the TW’s were the right choice.

>

>

> Same. I really really wanted the blueprints but for me these outperformed them.

>

>

What's the feel like compared to Blueprints and other blades? I tested the Blueprints and found them to be quite firm feeling when compared to the 718 MB, P730, and Z-Forged I was also hitting.

> @cota0429 said:

> > @jll62 said:

> > > @rawbuffalo said:

> > > Anyone that has disassembled them help me out? Wondering what the raw head weights are. And what the bounce is on the tiger specs option.

> >

> > The raw head weights of my 5-PW were as follows (I haven't torn down the 3 or 4 irons yet). One thing to note is that these weights are after removing the hosel weight that's used to adjust swing weight during the TM build.

> >

> > 5 - 247.5g

> > 6 - 256.5g

> > 7 - 264.0g

> > 8 - 271.7g

> > 9 - 279.9g

> > PW - 283.5g

>

> And that’s exactly why I sold my set

China forged

> @tgoodspe1991 said:

> > @bluejeeprubi said:

> > > @outgolfing said:

> > > Loving mine since reshafting them with Nippon 120s. Compared them to the blueprints and for me the TW’s were the right choice.

> >

> >

> > Same. I really really wanted the blueprints but for me these outperformed them.

> >

> >

>

> What's the feel like compared to Blueprints and other blades? I tested the Blueprints and found them to be quite firm feeling when compared to the 718 MB, P730, and Z-Forged I was also hitting.

Im not the best person to describe feel. To me the P7TW feel like my baby blades solid but soft where the blueprints felt firm. I had the P7TW built up to d6 so I’m not sure if that softens the feel.

G400 lst digital loft at 9 playing at 8
G400 3w. Xtorsion Black 80tx
G400 5w. Ad-di 8x
20 and 24 ft worth hi
5-pw Miura BB with x100 ti
60 mack daddy forged
Nike 006 proto

> @MountainGoat said:

> > @jll62 said:

> > > @rawbuffalo said:

> >

> >

> > 5 - 247.5g

> > 6 - 256.5g

> > 7 - 264.0g

> > 8 - 271.7g

> > 9 - 279.9g

> > PW - 283.5g

> Super light and consistent with the general observation that today's 8-iron is just yesterday's 7-iron.

>

Please keep in mind that TaylorMade heads have a port in the hosel into which they can put weights during assembly in order to hit their SW spec. I specifically mentioned that these weights are without that weight. They're intentionally on the lighter side.

When I rebuilt the irons, I installed hosel weights that ranged from 4g to 9g (plus a bit of tungsten...less than 1g each) to get each iron to the MOI value I was targeting.

TaylorMade Stealth2 Plus 9.0, Ventus Black 6X, 45.5"

TaylorMade Stealth2 Plus 4 (16.5), HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX 6.5 70g, 42.5"

TaylorMade P790 3 (2021), DG X100 (SSx2)

TaylorMade P7MC Raw 4-PW, DG Mid X100 (SSx1)
TaylorMade MG4 50, 54 - DG S400

Titleist SM9 58T - DG S400
Scotty Cameron Oil Can Newport, 34"
TaylorMade TP5x (2021)

My WITB Post

> @kekoa said:

> Wearing quick on the 7i. 0o24620ujzxv.jpeg

>

Solid ball striking there sir!

• Like 1

Driver = Callaway Smoke-Ai Max-D 

3 wood = Callaway Smoke-Ai Max HL