2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Garsen Puter grips

I've tried all of them but definitely my favourite is the Max.

The Edge no matter is the thinner, it's the heaviest of all.

The Ultimate is quite nice but so many times I grip the putter in the traditional way and the yips come back, I need to be extra careful to grip it on the sides same as the Max.

But the max has the perfect combination of size, weight and shape that helps me a lot to make great putts. I have it in my Kingston KP1 GSS (current gamer) and the SC Sonoma Seamist.

My plan for 2017 is to get those new colourful Max grips to replace the couple of Ultimates on my Lajosi putters.

Whatever happened with Gallery_GPRO1_* ? Seems like he was the owner, Garsen himself and he posted earlier in 2014 and -poof- hes now gone...account looks like its locked up, no info.

Driver: Taylormade Stealth 2+ 9*, Proxima 5X 

Fairways: Callaway - Rogue ST LS 13.5* & Fujikura Red TR 5S // Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15* & Miyazaki C Kua 43S

Hybrid:   Cobra Speedzone 3 hybrid 19*

Irons:       Ping i530 5-PW AWT 2.0 matte black shafts, JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips
Wedges: Cleveland CBX2 48, Ben Hogan Equalizer 52*, Cleveland Full Face 56*, KBS TGI 100 shafts
Putter:     LAB Golf Mezz.1 ACCRA shaft / Directed Force Reno "2.05 Presse IV tweaked" Putter with OG BGT Stability shaft
Srixon XV 5/6 or Vice Pro Plus. JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips

Moe Norman/Graves Single Plane Swing

A friend of mine has been using a garsen for around a year. His putting has definitely improved, either its the grip or he is practicing more than I know about!

its the grip. I have tried the Forward grip (good), SS (meh) and this is the grip that TRULY holds the triangle (shoulder, arm and writst) as a 1 piece unit

Fairways: Callaway - Rogue ST LS 13.5* & Fujikura Red TR 5S // Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15* & Miyazaki C Kua 43S

Irons:       Ping i530 5-PW AWT 2.0 matte black shafts, JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips
Wedges: Cleveland CBX2 48, Ben Hogan Equalizer 52*, Cleveland Full Face 56*, KBS TGI 100 shafts
Putter:     LAB Golf Mezz.1 ACCRA shaft / Directed Force Reno "2.05 Presse IV tweaked" Putter with OG BGT Stability shaft

Whatever happened with Gallery_GPRO1_* ? Seems like he was the owner, Garsen himself and he posted earlier in 2014 and -poof- hes now gone...account looks like its locked up, no info.

Yep, he was but he can't post because I believe he's not anymore a site sponsor

Thats sad... oh well, there are other sites aside from here that I can go find his postings. It would have been great to have him here, like it was with Dave & MACHINE but Dave is a sponsor here (abliet MACHINE has hit some hard times :( )

I switched from a SS 3.0 to the garsen max. It's definitely putting my hands in a slightly different position.

I putt left hand low. My shoulders are more squared up (I was a little closed). I moved a little closer to the ball. I went from eyes 2 or 3 inches inside the ball to at most 1 inch inside. This caused my lie angle to get a little more upright. For me, these are all good changes. The only downside is that my right thumb feels a little funny resting underneath the last 2 fingers of my right hand.

Your mileage may vary of course.

• 2 months later...

Hi All,

Where do people recommend buying the Garsen grips? I like mine, but I'm interested in buying a new one but trying to get a new color version (other than black/white). I have seen some on tour and I can only find one online store, which is through Amazon, so I'm always a little skeptical (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01M24XPPQ/ref=twister_B01MAWYUJ0?_encoding=UTF8&th=1). Garsen's website seems as though it has not been updated in a while and I do not see any of the updated/2016 color schemes (this is March 2017). I'm surprised they are not making Tony Finau's foundation's green grip, especially with the Masters around the corner.

Thanks for any help.

Hi All,

Where do people recommend buying the Garsen grips? I like mine, but I'm interested in buying a new one but trying to get a new color version (other than black/white). I have seen some on tour and I can only find one online store, which is through Amazon, so I'm always a little skeptical (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01M24XPPQ/ref=twister_B01MAWYUJ0?_encoding=UTF8&th=1). Garsen's website seems as though it has not been updated in a while and I do not see any of the updated/2016 color schemes (this is March 2017). I'm surprised they are not making Tony Finau's foundation's green grip, especially with the Masters around the corner.

Thanks for any help.

I've bought 2 through ebay seller Golfdiscounts4less with no issues. Looks like the same selection (and Amazon seller is $1 cheaper). I don't know if he has any non-standard or tour color schemes, but it might be worth sending him a message to ask.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/272426346806

"Of all the hazards, fear is the worst" - Sam Snead
WITB: PXG 0311 ~ Ping Anser 4w @16.5 ~ Cobra F6 Baffler @18.5 ~ Titleist T300 4-P ~ Titleist Vokey 48, 54, 58 ~ Cleveland HB 8

If u are after the Black & White ones, I bought mine from ebay: shafttechnologies

I have the 2 different B&W ones and the finishs feels different as well, different texture. I have no preference as long as the hands sit on the grip at the Garsen angle, they still feels great.

I believe I gave these a go at the 2016 PGA Show and didn't like them at all. They just felt very odd in my hands.

[color=#0000cd][size=5] ---WITB---[/size][/color]

Driver: M2 2017 8* w/Project X PXv 39
3 Wood: XR16 14.5* w/Project X LZ 60 Handcrafted
Driving iron: Taylormade M2 L.I.F.T. 17* w/KBS Tour Hybrid Proto 85
Irons: Apex Pro 5-PW w/Nippon Modus 3 Tour 120
Wedges: Milled Grind Antique Bronze 50, 55, 60 w/Nippon Modus 3 Tour 120
Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Custom
Ball: TP5X

If u are after the Black & White ones, I bought mine from ebay: shafttechnologies

I have the 2 different B&W ones and the finishs feels different as well, different texture. I have no preference as long as the hands sit on the grip at the Garsen angle, they still feels great.

Thanks. Yes, the two B&W Max grips have different textures.

Ok, im about to pull the trigger on a garsen grip, but im torn between the reg and jumbo max. I currently use a bettinardi jam mallet. I have a ss ultra flatso on it and putt crosshanded. I think the jumbo is what i need, but i have had a super stroke 3.0 on another putter and lost all feel. That said, i like a larger grip than standard. I dont even know how i can decide on the two. I may have to buy one of each? I dont want to lose my lag putting feel but i love the stability of a larger grip on short putts.

Any help or advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

I've said it before, but measurements aside, I think the garsen max "feels" somewhere between the superstroke 2.0 & 3.0. I putt cross handed with the max and love it, but you can't go wrong with either one. Roll em well brother.

I fully agree on the Max being somewhere between a SS 2.0 and 3.0. While Garsen's site (or another site?) says the diameter is 1.5", I believe the 1.5" reflects the ridge that your hands/thumbs are on either side of, so the diameter of the part of the grip that you actually hold is something less. I'd suggest not relying on the 1.5". I'll try to remember to take a picture of the diameter tonight.

Giving the Max Black/Blue with the cross hatch pattern a go - Grips for less has a good deal on these with free shipping

Having never tried one a little apprehensive to see if this works for me.

G400 Max Ad DI 7
M3 15 degree Tensei Blue
Srixon H45 19 hybrid Tour spec 8.8
Srixon Z 565/765 Nippon 125
Vokey Forged 50F, 54M, 60J Nippon 125
Scotty Cameron X7M

Giving the Max Black/Blue with the cross hatch pattern a go - Grips for less has a good deal on these with free shipping

Having never tried one a little apprehensive to see if this works for me.

Thanks, just ordered a grip from Grips4Less. They have the blue and red MAX colors and even have the 15" versions. It's odd that more retailers do not offer the newer colors and versions.

Thanks again and play well.

• 1 month later...

I only had an opportunity to hit the putting green for an hour, but I am LOVING how this one feels. I was not a fan of the white paintfill on top so I removed it and find this much cleaner looking. Much prefer this grip so far over my previous gamer which was a SS mid slim 2.0.

75156d76e69b36b0121bbc9e12c096c1.jpg

I have a Garsen Max on a Scotty and just put one on the DJ Spider. I like the look of yours without the white lettering. How did you take off the paint, without damaging the grip?

• 9 months later...

i know this thread has been silent for a bit -- but have a question or two.

bought one of these on a whim - specifically the G-Pro Max.

anyone still gaming theirs? i'm a left hand low player and wondering how or if any of you guys are left hand low and have had considerable success with this grip.

Thanks! - Gio

Qi10 LS / 8* (dialed to 8.75*) / HZRDUS Smoke Green 60 6.5

Qi10 Tour / 3w / Denali Blue 70TX

Mizuno Pro 24 Fli-Hi / 3i / HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 100 6.5
Mizuno Pro 245 / 4-GW / KBS Tour X

SM9 Black / 54,58 / KBS Tour S+

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

• 2 weeks later...

Silly question, but does anyone install/play theirs backwards (ridge down)? I've been playing pistol grips lately because I like the way they consistently set my hands in place. I was goofing around with my G Pro Max and realized that if I hold it backwards, the ridge sits really nicely in my hands.

"Of all the hazards, fear is the worst" - Sam Snead
WITB: PXG 0311 ~ Ping Anser 4w @16.5 ~ Cobra F6 Baffler @18.5 ~ Titleist T300 4-P ~ Titleist Vokey 48, 54, 58 ~ Cleveland HB 8

been gaming the Garsen for a few rounds now and some sim time. it's awesome -- keeps my swing point and shoot. for those wondering, i'm a left hand low player.

Qi10 LS / 8* (dialed to 8.75*) / HZRDUS Smoke Green 60 6.5

Qi10 Tour / 3w / Denali Blue 70TX

Mizuno Pro 24 Fli-Hi / 3i / HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 100 6.5
Mizuno Pro 245 / 4-GW / KBS Tour X

SM9 Black / 54,58 / KBS Tour S+

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

been gaming the Garsen for a few rounds now and some sim time. it's awesome -- keeps my swing point and shoot. for those wondering, i'm a left hand low player.

For sure Miura is using a Garsen Grip on their new putters and it feels amazing!!!

Will Peoples

Peoples.golf
The Peoples Clubs
Tour Stock Putters

• 1 year later...

Bumping an old thread.

I've been going through putter grips like crazy and am yet to try the Garsen grip. I'm very interested in the quad tour taper as I put with a traditional style grip. Working on my stoke lately and made some really good changes. Started using putters with more toe flow and trying to keep my hands more under my shoulders. This has helped me feel like I am "releasing the putter" more.

I'm curious as to feed back on the quad tour taper on size, feel (how soft) as I don't like too soft and if anyone feels that it actually helps to keep your elbows and shoulders in a more square position as stated. I just moved into a toulon Las Vegas h7 non stroke lab and looking to put a Kbs ct tour shaft and possible this grip on it.

Appreciate any insight.

Mizuno   STZ 230 9.5*   Tensei Raw White 65x

Taylormade   Tour Issue Stealth  3 HL Hzrdus RDX Blue 70 6.5

Taylormade   Stealth+ 5w   Diamana OG Kai’Li 70x  

Wilson   Staff CB 7-P / D9 Forged 5-6  Modus 120x

Vokey   Sm8 50, Sm10 54s bent to 55, Sm10 60s all custom ground 

Bettinardi  Custom BB46

Srixon Z Star 💎  OR   Bridgestone Tour B X 

I recently switched to the Garsen Max Pro. I got it on a whim and it really stuck. Puts my hands in a very comfortable position and keeps my hands very much out of the stroke.

I would give it a try and actually roll some putts before you turn it down.

PING G400 Max 
Maltby STi2  Fairway

Maltby STi2 Hybrid 

Maltby STI2 Irons 
Cleveland CBX Zipcore 50 54 58

BBFandCo Roulette
MannKrafted Carbon Rattler XL
TP Mills Stainless Softtail
Krew Blade

Mannkrafted HotRod

Thanks @5hort5tuff Appreciate the insight. I think I’m going to make the change and see how it goes. Should be installed next week. I’ll make sure to report back.

Bettinardi  Custom BB46

> @wam78 said:

> Bumping an old thread.

>

> Appreciate any insight.

Somewhere at the beginning of this thread is my feedback, however I can give you a quick summary as I've been using those grips since 2014.

I have used the Edge, Pro Max and the Ultimate. My favourite is the Pro Max, it fits my big hands and helps me to eliminate yips and other unwanted movements. The Edge is like the mass but in a slimmer size, a bit too small for me plus for some reason it's the heaviest grip. The Ultimate is like the Max but without the front edge, nice size but if I grab it in the traditional way, the unwanted movements come back.

I haven't used the Quad. I know it has been successful on tour but I do prefer the size and shape of the Max which now it is on all my gamers.

Thanks @"j.a." Sent my putter in to my fitter to get a new shaft and putting on the quad tour taper grip. I’ll report back after I pick it up. Should look and feel sweet!

Bettinardi  Custom BB46

> @"j.a." said:

> > @wam78 said:

> > Bumping an old thread.

> >

> > Appreciate any insight.

>

> Somewhere at the beginning of this thread is my feedback, however I can give you a quick summary as I've been using those grips since 2014.

>

> I have used the Edge, Pro Max and the Ultimate. My favourite is the Pro Max, it fits my big hands and helps me to eliminate yips and other unwanted movements. The Edge is like the mass but in a slimmer size, a bit too small for me plus for some reason it's the heaviest grip. The Ultimate is like the Max but without the front edge, nice size but if I grab it in the traditional way, the unwanted movements come back.

>

> I haven't used the Quad. I know it has been successful on tour but I do prefer the size and shape of the Max which now it is on all my gamers.

>

I agree that Garsen's MAX and Edge are the two grips with the distinctive "top ridge or V-shape" profile which requires the player place his/her thumbs to the side. Placement of the thumbs/hands this way is what makes the Garsen grip something especially good. Between the MAX (50 grams) and the Edge (75 grams), I too much prefer the lighter weight of the MAX. If someone liked , wanted, or needed the counterbalance effect of a heavier grip, the Edge would be a good choice for that.

Garsen's other grips, the Ultimate and the Quad, are more similar in shape-profile to other brand grips, not distinctly unique like the MAX and the Edge.

For anybody looking for a truly different grip, and willing to change their technique to match the grip, try a Garsen MAX or Edge.

Cleveland TL310 10.5* driver

Cleveland HB Launcher 15* 3-wood

Srixon H65  19* 3 hybrid and 22* 4 hybrid

Mizuno MP63 5 thru 9-iron

Cleveland RTX 48-52-56-64 wedges

Scotty Cameron Classic III putter