2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

Bubba's behavior, DISSAPOINTING

[quote name='Splitter' timestamp='1401727241' post='9414349']
If you try to pet a dog behind a fence and it bites you, should you be mad at yourself or the dog?

Bubba has shown himself to be narcissistic and unstable on more than one occasion. I genuinely believe he has issues that most of us don't understand. Giving away money doesn't change those issues.

After all the evidence, expecting more out of him is our fault.

If I see him coming my way with the kids, I say "give it a shot, but he's not right in the head, so it may not go well".

If it doesn't go well, it's a learning experience.

If it does go well, they have something to sell on ebay. ;).
[/quote]

funny how you can replace 'Bubba' with any name on here.... like, 'Tiger'.

Ping G400 Max AD IZ 6s
2016 TI M2 HL AD IZ 7s
M2 4h AD DI 8s
Ping G400 5hy ADDI 9s
718 TMB 6-Gap Modus 130s
Scratch 53 Modus 125
Scratch 57 Modus 125
PXG 03x 60* Modus 125

Scotty Cameron Custom 009 HHH

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/982109-joes-witb-set-for-2014-update-2015/#entry10682349"]WITB Link[/url]

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am a fan of Bubba, but things like this chip away at that

Honest question though: what do people do with autographs? I've never understood that...

WITB:
SDLR White 10* Speeder 6.2x TS
Epic 14* AD TP7, Rogue 17* PX Evenflow Black
R15 3H Rogue Black 85
MP-18 MMC 4 - PW Modus 120x
50* T7, 58* PM-Grind
Ghost Spider Si Slant

I'm sorry.

But I'm confused.

I thought these tour events took place in The United States of America.

In The United States of America a golfer is FREE TO CHOOSE whether he smiles or waves or talks.

It's his God given right.

There is no law that states me must write his name down for anybody, child or adult.

He alone has the choice to make that decision for himself.

Yet, here were are in some place called GolfWRX on the Internet where people who oppose freedom want to FORCE HIS HAND against paper and commit his identity at the insistence of others.

We have posters who, free of adequate spelling skills, have deemed themselves judge, jury and executioners of a Man's Character based on their own laws of self-entitlement.

Anonymous people with less than a dozen posts created threads... nay CHAINS of oppression.

Well, sirs, that is wrong!

It is unjust to sentence him to the virtual slings and arrows of an unruly mob.

Bubba has the Right to sign or not sign anything he does or does not choose to for anybody he wishes or does not wish.

So say we all!

63e503e68d4bd3c61c627b11752a1df5.jpg

(and that child has the right to cry. even if this is a highly dubious account.)

Driver Callaway Razr Fit Xtreme
Callaway X Hot Pro 13.5* and 17* FW
Callaway Razr X Tour 21* Hybrid
Callaway Apex Pro 5-PW, Mizuno JPX 50*,
Mizuno MPT-11 54*, Vokey SM4 60/10,
Scotty Cameron Circa 62 #2

This guy is so hit or miss with me. Some of the things about him I love. Like when he came out to watch the kids at Drive, Chip, and Putt at the Masters, and the $90k he donated to his old Elementary, Middle, and High Schools after the Masters. However, his attitude seems to be a big problem. I watched the Fehrety show with him and I found myself just hating everything that he was coming out of his mouth. He sat there arms folded and smug the entire time. Dropping that his watch costs $500k. Then the stuff I've seen on tv blaming his caddie for just about everything and now this. I don't know if he is diagnosed as a bipolar but he certainly has all the symptoms.

[quote name='bladehunter' timestamp='1401727123' post='9414339']
[quote name='Lefty Light HItter' timestamp='1401718862' post='9413167']
I'm a bit torn on this as I myself am a hothead and that includes on the course. I have bad days at work where I am very short with others and I also do it to people in my personal life. I'm not a peach to deal with to say the least. I rarely berate someone and in the few times in the last 5 years that I have I've felt terrible and have apologized almost immediately. What I have not done either on a golf course or in other facets of life is berate someone blaming them for my misfortune or screw up.

I understand Bubba Watson because as stated above I have been the guy who has looked out at the rest of the world telling myself that they can't see that I'm not a bad guy and I just get down sometimes. The problem with that is they cannot see your intentions and lack of self control the way you do. Maybe we rationalize it or maybe we just see that we don't mean bad and our emotions overtake us, but it's not acceptable.

My biggest problem with Bubba Watson regarding this subject is blaming others or implying they have something to do with his bad play. The real reason he was pissed off on 18 on Friday is because he hit a bad shot into the green, short sided himself with little chance of saving par. He then took it out on someone behind him who had nothing to do with that shot. He used that person as a scapegoat, stared him down all the way as he walked to the scorer's tent as if he wanted to fight that person and then put on the good show for the interview where he again spoke of being a changed man. For that reason and that alone he's a fraud to me. This is about as much time as I'll allow myself to waste on him.
[/quote]

this is a very good and honest post.....and I can identify with it....I myself have a temper that I would describe as either on or off...Meaning I can take a whole lot and wont be even a bit ill, angry or distracted ( not just golf but anytime) but at a moments notice ill boil over and see red ...sometimes literally see red...No im not the guy whos abusing the dog ( love my animals) or my wife ( love her too;) ) but have been known to throw down what im doing or walk away from whomever im speaking too or hang the phone up unexpected just to "escape" the situation before I do or say something bad....In 15 min or so im ok....I can think again and will approach the situation with a clear head, cool head and a solution of some sort....that's why I love to walk in golf..,.time between shots to cool off...talk to myself (yes that's the best conversation you can ever have) and get ready for the next shot...cant do that in a cart...you have to pay attention to driving etc and it gets to the ball quicker.
I wonder if bubba suffers from the same temper , and simply cant escape it on the course? Im not trying to take up for him just playing head doctor for a moment to try to understand it... My thoughts are my policy of "escaping the situation" is much better for all involved than if I stood and screamed and cursed for 15 min..yes?
if you do not have a temper and aren't a driven type A individual you may not get it...but its always a fine line between greatness and insanity....always has been for anyone who is "great": at anything....
[/quote] It's defined as passive aggressive!

In search of solid contact...

Unfortunately, he chooses to speak and there are microphones around. The real unfortunate thing is we all are asking that he be like Marshawn Lynch and just "not say anything at all" if it is bad, but we'd hate that too (well you would, I'd admire it). I have a lot of respect for guys who choose just not to speak because it takes more than what flapping off when you're pissed off does.

In search of solid contact...

I'm sorry.

But I'm confused.

In The United States of America a golfer is FREE TO CHOOSE whether he smiles or waves or talks.

There is no law that states me must write his name down for anybody, child or adult.

Yet, here were are in some place called GolfWRX on the Internet where people who oppose freedom want to FORCE HIS HAND against paper and commit his identity at the insistence of others.

We have posters who, free of adequate spelling skills, have deemed themselves judge, jury and executioners of a Man's Character based on their own laws of self-entitlement.

Anonymous people with less than a dozen posts created threads... nay CHAINS of oppression.

Bubba has the Right to sign or not sign anything he does or does not choose to for anybody he wishes or does not wish.

So say we all!

(and that child has the right to cry. even if this is a highly dubious account.)

Friend, you are absolutely correct on all points. And I agree, on all points. I just reserve the right to bring this up if Tiger does anything on the course you may not like. ;)

DRIVER:  Callaway Rogue ST 10.5

FAIRWAYS:  Callaway Rogue ST 3, 9, 11 Fairway Woods

HYBRIDS:  Callaway Big Bertha 3 Hybrid, Rogue ST 4 Hybrid

IRONS:  Callaway Rogue ST 4-AW

WEDGES:  Callaway Jaws Raw 50 S Grind, 54 S Grind, 58 Z Grind 

PUTTER:  Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas

BACKUPS:  Odyssey Toulon Garage Le Mans Tri-Hot 5K Double Wide, MannKrafted Custom, Slighter Custom

BALL:  Testing

A man has to have options!

I'm sorry.

But I'm confused.

So say we all!

Hear, hear Bubba has rights. And no one on GolfWrx has the right to post anything about any personal encounter they may have had with Bubba. After all, we can't let this freedom of speech thing get out of hand.

This is from the LPGA thread from some guy who attended the Shoprite tournament. Interesting contrast to say the least.

[i]This was my first tournament with my daughter who is 5 years old and I was a little cautious with taking her as she is a little young for all the walking. But, she had a blast and even made some new "friends" on the course. She remained quiet and still whenever the ladies were playing and I can not say enough about how well she was treated by the players and caddies. [u][u]SO[/u][/u] many stopped to talk to her and several gave her balls/tees throughout the afternoon on Friday. It was an amazing experience. The players interactions were priceless. [/i]

[quote name='nohny noke' timestamp='1401511830' post='9401103']
[quote name='PGArox' timestamp='1401511601' post='9401093']
[quote name='lumberman2462' timestamp='1401507081' post='9400749']
There has never been a bad enough day on the golf course to justify being unkind to a child.
[/quote]

I agree. And especially to a little cutie pie.

I hate to read these kinds of things about Bubba. I want to like the dude, but sometimes it's tough.
[/quote]

Still don't see how he was unkind to her... and I am about as softy of a dad as you will ever find.

Kids cry. Sometimes for no reason. We feel for them, console them, and help them move on. They can take it.
[/quote]

I feel bad for your son...

Always amazes me, just how entitled and judgmental some people are, even when it doesn't happen to them. They complain, yet never in their lives have they had to contend with people wanting this or that from them while they are at work, trying to find a way to concentrate, no less cope with ADD. NO one player can accommodate all wishes. Worse yet, that Jack N. said anything. During Jack's day, he hardly spoke to anyone, nor has he signed much anything unless he was getting a piece of the action. He should be ashamed of himself.

PS: Many tour golfers get tied into charity events or hold their own and seek attention. Bubba, for the most part, keeps his 'giving back' quiet. He's a man that does what's right, when no one is looking. Can't say that about Jack N or many other tour players.

• TSR2 9.25° Ventus Velo Red 59S
  • TSR2 15° GD Tour AD-VF 74S
  • 718 T-MB 17 2i° Tensei AV White Am2 90S
  • T100 3i & 4i MMT 95S
  • T100 5i-9i MMT 105S
  • T100 PW MMT 105S Wedge 113
  • SM10 F52/12, T58/4, DG200 127S
  • SC/CA Monterey
  • DASH -ProV1x or AVX

Wow. I'm entertained in this thread now! There's so much information I'm putting away for a later date... :cheesy:

DRIVER:  Callaway Rogue ST 10.5

FAIRWAYS:  Callaway Rogue ST 3, 9, 11 Fairway Woods

HYBRIDS:  Callaway Big Bertha 3 Hybrid, Rogue ST 4 Hybrid

IRONS:  Callaway Rogue ST 4-AW

WEDGES:  Callaway Jaws Raw 50 S Grind, 54 S Grind, 58 Z Grind 

PUTTER:  Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas

BACKUPS:  Odyssey Toulon Garage Le Mans Tri-Hot 5K Double Wide, MannKrafted Custom, Slighter Custom

BALL:  Testing

A man has to have options!

I play with a guy who is hypersensitive to sounds/noise. He can hear a butterfly fart three fairways over. Even though it bothers him when golfers on other holes say something or yell 'great shot' during his swing, he recognizes that the issue is his.

As for signing autographs during a round. Hey, some golfers do it and others don't. We don't expect basketball/football players to sign autographs between plays.

[quote name='dustin.shafer' timestamp='1401738765' post='9415807']
There has never been a bad enough day on the golf course to justify being unkind to a child.
[/quote]

I hate to read these kinds of things about Bubba. I want to like the dude, but sometimes it's tough.
[/quote]

Still don't see how he was unkind to her... and I am about as softy of a dad as you will ever find.

Kids cry. Sometimes for no reason. We feel for them, console them, and help them move on. They can take it.
[/quote]

[/quote]

Typical and sad, but see that kind of thinking all the time in CA. NO wonder CA kids are a mess.

• T100 3i & 4i MMT 95S
  • T100 5i-9i MMT 105S
  • SC/CA Monterey
  • DASH -ProV1x or AVX

[quote name='Pepperturbo' timestamp='1401739421' post='9415897']
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Typical and sad, but see that kind of thinking all the time in CA. NO wonder CA kids are a mess.
[/quote]

Let me guess, get off your lawn?

[quote name='dustin.shafer' timestamp='1401744219' post='9416441']
[/quote]

Your consistent too. Just not big on getting the message, which is the case with certain types of people. :lol:

• T100 3i & 4i MMT 95S
  • T100 5i-9i MMT 105S
  • SC/CA Monterey
  • DASH -ProV1x or AVX

[quote name='Pepperturbo' timestamp='1401744643' post='9416493']
[quote name='dustin.shafer' timestamp='1401744219' post='9416441']
[/quote]

Your consistent too. Just not big on getting the message, which is the case with certain types of people. :lol:
[/quote]

Well, we're waiting to learn about his consistent.

Please continue, and tell us what his consistent did.

Irony at its finest.

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

You are free to do that, but I am going to completely disregard your sympathy because you have no clue about which you speak.

Let's look at what a simple search "Bubba Watson's behavior" net us:

http://www.pga.com/news/pga-tour/bubba-watsons-bad-week-in-france-offers-big-lesson-about-fame-foreign-tours - managed to show utter disrespect in Europe and ended up having to apologize publicly albeit via online social media

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/bubba-watson-lose-fans-travelers-championship-antics-215800223.html - nice commentary about his bad attitude towards his caddie

http://www.cbssports.com/golf/eye-on-golf/24560335/bubba-watson-once-missed-a-green-on-purpose-to-make-a-point - intentionally misses a green to prove a point?

http://www.sportsgrid.com/golf/not-everyone-thrilled-with-bubba-being-gay-is-a-sin-watsons-masters-win/ - the headline says it all

Now granted, if you do a search for many other athletes bad things will come up. But it would seem that Bubba has been an arse for years, has not matured at all, and if anything his recent behavior in Ohio says his money and his wins have made him worse.

He's in for a fall. Not a matter of if but when and how far. And I, for one, will not miss him.

Callaway Epic with Fujikura 62s in 45.25 set at 12.5*
Taylormade Rbz FW (17*)
Callaway X-Hot Pro 20* Hybrid
Callaway Steelhead 4-PW w/KBS 90s
Titleist Vokey 50*
Titleist Vokey SM-6 56*
Titleist Vokey SM-6 60-08 M
Tad Moore TM-1 35"
Callaway Chrome Soft

[quote name='Pepperturbo' timestamp='1401739063' post='9415841']
Always amazes me, just how entitled and judgmental some people are, even when it doesn't happen to them. They complain, yet never in their lives have they had to contend with people wanting this or that from them while they are at work, trying to find a way to concentrate, no less cope with ADD. NO one player can accommodate all wishes. Worse yet, that Jack N. said anything. During Jack's day, he hardly spoke to anyone, nor has he signed much anything unless he was getting a piece of the action. He should be ashamed of himself.

PS: Many tour golfers get tied into charity events or hold their own and seek attention. Bubba, for the most part, keeps his 'giving back' quiet. He's a man that does what's right, when no one is looking. Can't say that about Jack N or many other tour players.
[/quote]

The OP was pretty clear that it was a girl by herself asking for an autograph. Bubba decided to be rude about it.

And please, get out of here with this "we've never had to be in Bubba's shoes" talk. Give me however many million per year he makes and I'd be just fine. I bet he wouldn't last 10 days at my job, if that. He thinks a seven year old asking for an autograph on a bad day is rough? He'd have one client asking for a report on a "bad day", snap at them, and be immediately fired at my office. I don't get "bad days" where I get to be rude to clients and co-workers, nor would I.

Nobody expects the tour pros to sign EVERY autograph, but to flat out tell a seven year old girl you're not signing because you're playing bad is just childish.

I've seen some tour pros refuse to sign autographs, but they usually say "hey, hit me after the round that's when I'll be signing" and it's no big deal.

[quote name='Pepperturbo' timestamp='1401739421' post='9415897']
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Of course, there is a middle ground where a parent neither shields the child from some of life's experience nor overprotects them from ever experiencing pain. I'd like to think that's where most of the good parenting takes place.

Pepperturbo, I'm guessing, feels that the overprotected kids in CA are a casualty of people with a 'soft' political persuasion. This has not been my experience as a full-time parent 'out in the field', so to speak. I've seen many lefties and righties pamper their kids to the max, sometimes preventing them from learning some valuable insights about what it is to be human and live in a society.

[quote name='Medic' timestamp='1401751744' post='9417167']
Let's look at what a simple search "Bubba Watson's behavior" net us:

http://www.pga.com/news/pga-tour/bubba-watsons-bad-week-in-france-offers-big-lesson-about-fame-foreign-tours - managed to show utter disrespect in Europe and ended up having to apologize publicly albeit via online social media

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/bubba-watson-lose-fans-travelers-championship-antics-215800223.html - nice commentary about his bad attitude towards his caddie

http://www.cbssports.com/golf/eye-on-golf/24560335/bubba-watson-once-missed-a-green-on-purpose-to-make-a-point - intentionally misses a green to prove a point?

http://www.sportsgrid.com/golf/not-everyone-thrilled-with-bubba-being-gay-is-a-sin-watsons-masters-win/ - the headline says it all

Now granted, if you do a search for many other athletes bad things will come up. But it would seem that Bubba has been an arse for years, has not matured at all, and if anything his recent behavior in Ohio says his money and his wins have made him worse.

He's in for a fall. Not a matter of if but when and how far. And I, for one, will not miss him.
[/quote]

This is the first Google link that show after his website and twitter account

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bubba_Watson

*Gerry Lester* "*Bubba*" *Watson, Jr.*[1[2]  (born November 5, 1978) is an American professional golfer who plays on the PGA Tour. One of the few left-handedgolfers on tour, he is a multiple major champion, having won the Masters Tournament in 2012and 2014.[3]
 In 2014, Watson reached a career-high third place in the Official World Golf Ranking
Watson is among the longest drivers on the PGA Tour; in 2007 he had an average drive of 315.2 yards (288.2 m) and can hit a ball over 350 yards (320 m), capable of generating a ball speed up to 194 mph (312 km/h).[4]
[5]

I'm sorry.

But I'm confused.

So say we all!

Hear, hear Bubba has rights. And no one on GolfWrx has the right to post anything about any personal encounter they may have had with Bubba. After all, we can't let this freedom of speech thing get out of hand.

Awesome post by North Texas. I'd like to think that monkeynaut is reflecting on how hard he has just been owned but I suspect that he probably isn't.

[quote name='Titleist 670' timestamp='1401753462' post='9417351']

[/quote]

The OP was pretty clear that it was a girl by herself asking for an autograph. Bubba decided to be rude about it.

And please, get out of here with this "we've never had to be in Bubba's shoes" talk. Give me however many million per year he makes and I'd be just fine. I bet he wouldn't last 10 days at my job, if that. He thinks a seven year old asking for an autograph on a bad day is rough? He'd have one client asking for a report on a "bad day", snap at them, and be immediately fired at my office. I don't get "bad days" where I get to be rude to clients and co-workers, nor would I.

Nobody expects the tour pros to sign EVERY autograph, but to flat out tell a seven year old girl you're not signing because you're playing bad is just childish.

I've seen some tour pros refuse to sign autographs, but they usually say "hey, hit me after the round that's when I'll be signing" and it's no big deal.
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Hits the nail on the head. It's called the real world, something Bubba and most professional golfers are pretty clueless about.

[quote name='bscinstnct' timestamp='1401755518' post='9417579']

This is the first Google link that show after his website and twitter account

[url="http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bubba_Watson"]http://en.m.wikipedi...ki/Bubba_Watson[/url]

*Gerry Lester* "*Bubba*" *Watson, Jr.*[1[2] (born November 5, 1978) is an American professional golfer who plays on the PGA Tour. One of the few left-handedgolfers on tour, he is a multiple major champion, having won the Masters Tournament in 2012and 2014.[3]
In 2014, Watson reached a career-high third place in the Official World Golf Ranking
Watson is among the longest drivers on the PGA Tour; in 2007 he had an average drive of 315.2 yards (288.2 m) and can hit a ball over 350 yards (320 m), capable of generating a ball speed up to 194 mph (312 km/h).[4]
[5]
[/quote]

I'm sure you were trying to make a point. Just not sure what it is. I never said the hits I posted were the top hits. But they were on the first two pages - most of the first one.

As many post as you have here and as long as you have been a member one would think your replies would somehow add at least some value to the thread. Sadly you seem to be too busy defending a millionaire with a poor attitude towards others for some reason. Fortunately this forum has a wonderful block feature. Adding you now......

Callaway Epic with Fujikura 62s in 45.25 set at 12.5*
Taylormade Rbz FW (17*)
Callaway X-Hot Pro 20* Hybrid
Callaway Steelhead 4-PW w/KBS 90s
Titleist Vokey 50*
Titleist Vokey SM-6 56*
Titleist Vokey SM-6 60-08 M
Tad Moore TM-1 35"
Callaway Chrome Soft

[/quote]

[/quote]

I don't know the OP, so naturally question his account. Heck it wasn't even his little girl, but supposedly someone else's little girl. Yet, he's targeting Bubba as a bad person here.

You call it rude for his saying no, and many believe the OP's account of events. I call it keeping his sanity while at work. Even if the account was somewhat accurate, taking one event out of context, because it was a little girl is wrong. I wouldn't put it past that littler girls father for putting his little girl up to asking. Maybe he was dogging Bubba for a signature too; we don't know. Look, the only reason I support Bubba's actions is I put them in perspective of the rest of his life, and don't make mountains out of mole hills, which seems to be the prevailing wind here.

• T100 3i & 4i MMT 95S
  • T100 5i-9i MMT 105S
  • SC/CA Monterey
  • DASH -ProV1x or AVX