2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

Bubba's behavior, DISSAPOINTING

[quote name='ilikegolf26' timestamp='1401668240' post='9409989']
[quote name='J-Blade' timestamp='1401668182' post='9409979']
[quote name='ilikegolf26' timestamp='1401666690' post='9409839']
[quote name='Hawkeye77' timestamp='1401505695' post='9400605']
Heaven forbid someone treats Caleb badly. Bubba would likely have an alternating tirade and tear filled press conference.

The old stories about his behavior are well known. I guess I just see all the emotional and other stuff that some think demonstrates how real he is, and how he is really a good guy, as more a reflection of his belief that it is all about him.
[/quote]

That isn't really his son though, right? He adopted him?

Also, I have seen Bubba be a complete ***** to a kid who told him "Nice Shot" at Firestone a couple years ago when he was well out of contention on a Sunday. He bended it around a tree and just missed the green by a couple yards to the left. A kid about 6 years old yelled "Nice Shot Bubba" and he turns around and says repeatedly "Yeah, great shot, great shot huh" while shaking his head. The little kid probably just saw it bend around the tree and go far. Oh and given the circumstances it actually was a pretty good shot...
[/quote]

Just because a kid is adopted doesn't make him not someone's son. I am sure Bubba and his wife consider Caleb to be their kid. I think your reference was to say he's not their son in the biological sense?
[/quote]

Yeah, I was asking.
[/quote]

Ok, it was just sort of an odd statement..

Ping S59 irons 5-PW
Ping bronze J-Blade putter
Titleist 910D2 driver,
TM Jetspeed 3W & 5W

TM Rescue Hybrid 23*
Ping Rapture 21* Hybrid
Ping Eye 2+ SW, Hogan Special PW

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='ilikegolf26' timestamp='1401668240' post='9409989']
[quote name='J-Blade' timestamp='1401668182' post='9409979']
[quote name='ilikegolf26' timestamp='1401666690' post='9409839']
[quote name='Hawkeye77' timestamp='1401505695' post='9400605']
Heaven forbid someone treats Caleb badly. Bubba would likely have an alternating tirade and tear filled press conference.

The old stories about his behavior are well known. I guess I just see all the emotional and other stuff that some think demonstrates how real he is, and how he is really a good guy, as more a reflection of his belief that it is all about him.
[/quote]

That isn't really his son though, right? He adopted him?

Also, I have seen Bubba be a complete ***** to a kid who told him "Nice Shot" at Firestone a couple years ago when he was well out of contention on a Sunday. He bended it around a tree and just missed the green by a couple yards to the left. A kid about 6 years old yelled "Nice Shot Bubba" and he turns around and says repeatedly "Yeah, great shot, great shot huh" while shaking his head. The little kid probably just saw it bend around the tree and go far. Oh and given the circumstances it actually was a pretty good shot...
[/quote]

Just because a kid is adopted doesn't make him not someone's son. I am sure Bubba and his wife consider Caleb to be their kid. I think your reference was to say he's not their son in the biological sense?
[/quote]

Yeah, I was asking.
[/quote]
You ignorantly missed the point.
That is HIS son.

Driver Callaway Razr Fit Xtreme
Callaway X Hot Pro 13.5* and 17* FW
Callaway Razr X Tour 21* Hybrid
Callaway Apex Pro 5-PW, Mizuno JPX 50*,
Mizuno MPT-11 54*, Vokey SM4 60/10,
Scotty Cameron Circa 62 #2

[quote name='Tom Gski' timestamp='1401667471' post='9409917']
Bubba is just an emotional type of guy. He's probably quite honest, faithful to his family, and not perfect, just like the rest of us. He seems to get intense often, but so what, it entertains golf enthusiasts. He's got two 'green jackets', so he's doing something right.
[/quote]
In my opinion ... I think calling the way bubba acts "intense" is a gross misrepresentation of what intense means.... Hissy fits do not come off as intense to me.... Taking every opportunity when giving to let everyone know how much you don't like to follow the rules and how you are always doing things your way... The bubba way ... Is not really intense to me.... Treating any kid in any kind of rude manor is not intense.... When I think of bubba , I don't think intense ... I think dweeb and his personality is transparent to all of his dweeby ways...
When I think of intense athletes I think.... Larry Bird, Paul O'neil, Lawrence Taylor, Sarina Williams , .. Seve belisteros.. Bubba Watson .... No way

I actually like bubba, well used too. Because he says he's a Christian all the time. And tweets verses sometimes. I'm happy he is, so am I. But... Then you go and act all stupid just because your having a bad day. That makes him look a a total fool. I mean pro-am day basically means sign everything in sight day. And if he was good, he wouldn't be distracted by a camera. Anyone remember tigers story when he was a kid his dad always was coughing and walking in his line to distract him but he just focused more on golf than rather start yelling at his dad. Bubba you need to apologize.

[quote name='ExProGoingBack' timestamp='1401668427' post='9410021']
Why did he bring his kid into the post round press conference? Its getting played out... When was the last time anyone brought their kid into a press conference? Its almost like a PR game now...
[/quote]
It's because people who are not comfortable with who they are always need to put on some kind of show.... Kind of how a guy like A-rod always has the wrong thing to say and puts himself in these unnecessary situations ... Just not comfortable being himself ...

The sad thing is that if Bubba had come right out and simply apologized people would not have made such a big deal out of the whole thing.

Lost in all of this is how messed up our society really is. Those who entertain are paid insane sums while those who protect barely make a living. When all is said and done pro golfers, like all other pro athletes, are entertainers. Part of the allure of watching them is the hopes of seeing something exciting happen. (good or bad) Because of Bubba's behavior a lot of people were watching him to see if perhaps he might have a bad hole/round. And when he hit that shot OB each he made the tourney all the more entertaining. On many levels.

If I were getting his autograph and he said something to the effect of "How much will you sell it for?" I would have ripped it up right in front of him and tell him its worth more to me personally now. (Not that I would ever want/ask for/get his autograph - never have been into collecting that sort of crap) But I just cannot believe he said that as he was signing them. Why bother even signing any Bubba? Either you appreciate your fans or you don't. There isn't any middle ground.

Callaway Epic with Fujikura 62s in 45.25 set at 12.5*
Taylormade Rbz FW (17*)
Callaway X-Hot Pro 20* Hybrid
Callaway Steelhead 4-PW w/KBS 90s
Titleist Vokey 50*
Titleist Vokey SM-6 56*
Titleist Vokey SM-6 60-08 M
Tad Moore TM-1 35"
Callaway Chrome Soft

These guys can't sign all the autographs people request or the pro am would take 7 hours to complete.

That said, there is no excuse for rudely turning away anyone, especially a young child. Saying no is ok... But how you say it means everything.

I like Bubba but I can't support him treating a young kid poorly no matter what the circumstance or state of his golf game.

[quote name='bscinstnct' timestamp='1401672032' post='9410505']
I still don't get why people have a problem with Bubba.

Because he gets mad, snaps at people, sometimes acts like a fool.

How many times did you do those things

Last month? Last week?

Oddest thing is the folks who seem to be saying "kumbaya"

But are happy when he plays poorly.

Just sayin'
[/quote]

Because people in the public eye are held to a higher standard of behavior. Or at least they should be.

Just sayin'.....

Callaway Epic with Fujikura 62s in 45.25 set at 12.5*
Taylormade Rbz FW (17*)
Callaway X-Hot Pro 20* Hybrid
Callaway Steelhead 4-PW w/KBS 90s
Titleist Vokey 50*
Titleist Vokey SM-6 56*
Titleist Vokey SM-6 60-08 M
Tad Moore TM-1 35"
Callaway Chrome Soft

[quote name='Bob57' timestamp='1401671903' post='9410491']
Typical hillbilly with too much money. If it wasn't for his skill playing golf he would spend all his time in his bib overalls working behind the counter at popeyes chicken shack..Product of being baby sat by a television set when he was younger...
[/quote]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xn_MLtoyO2E

Srixon ZX5 w/PX Hzrdus Red 60

Srixon ZX 15 w/PX Hzrdus Red 70

Tour Edge C723 21* w/PX hzrdus black 80

Titleist T150 4-AW w/PX LZ 6.0

Titleist Jet Black 54/60 with PX LZ 6.0

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

[quote name='Medic' timestamp='1401672248' post='9410525']
[quote name='bscinstnct' timestamp='1401672032' post='9410505']
I still don't get why people have a problem with Bubba.

Because he gets mad, snaps at people, sometimes acts like a fool.

How many times did you do those things

Last month? Last week?

Oddest thing is the folks who seem to be saying "kumbaya"

But are happy when he plays poorly.

Just sayin'
[/quote]

Because people in the public eye are held to a higher standard of behavior. Or at least they should be.

Just sayin'.....
[/quote]
Disagree. If any of us had all of this technology back when I was growing up my father would be in prison and I would have never been able to find gainful employment

This entire "gotcha" mentality and people on the hunt for something to complain about to make themselves feel better about their mostly average existence grates on me horribly

I'm an emotional person. I wear my feelings on my sleeve, and you always know where you stand with me. If I snap, or bubba snaps, or you snap, that doesn't make you a tool. It makes you a short tempered hot head that needs 31 things to go right in order to perform at their best.

Expecting perfect behavior when they are "working" is comical, no matter the profession. Lots of money doesn't make you less of a hot head. You're just a hot head with money.

Come on guys.....I'm neither a fan or a foe for him, but quit judging. Otherwise may I please get an entourage to follow you around waiting for your slip up so I can say "SEE! JERK"!

I don't know about these types of threads. Anyone can come on here and write some story. Then most of the village deems it to be true some embellishments get added and then a man's reputation can get destroyed for not signing a 7yr old's autograph.

Is Bubba an a** clown? It sure does seem that way at certain times on TV.
And no offense but how do we know the OP's story actually went down that way?
IMO, it's best not to let these types of threads get started.

Ping G430 LST 98 VenTUS Red TR 5 Stiff

Ping G410 5 Wood Aldila Rogue 130MSI 80 X

Ping G430 Max 7 Wood VA Composites Drago 65 Stiff

Ping G425 Max 9 wood Ventus Blus 7S

Ping G710 5-PW KBS Tour

Ping S159 50 54 58

Ping Anser 2

[quote name='mosesgolf' timestamp='1401673672' post='9410693']
I don't know about these types of threads. Anyone can come on here and write some story. Then most of the village deems it to be true some embellishments get added and then a man's reputation can get destroyed for not signing a 7yr old's autograph.

Is Bubba an a** clown? It sure does seem that way at certain times on TV.
And no offense but how do we know the OP's story actually went down that way?
IMO, it's best not to let these types of threads get started.
[/quote]
You're obviously referring to my many Arnold Palmer threads.

Driver Callaway Razr Fit Xtreme
Callaway X Hot Pro 13.5* and 17* FW
Callaway Razr X Tour 21* Hybrid
Callaway Apex Pro 5-PW, Mizuno JPX 50*,
Mizuno MPT-11 54*, Vokey SM4 60/10,
Scotty Cameron Circa 62 #2

[quote name='glcoach' timestamp='1401674030' post='9410755']
Funny how all the bible thumpers are the biggest jerks
[/quote]

That's a pretty big generality..

Funny you should mention that. Tom Pernice won the Champions Tour event today in Iowa and, in a post tournament interview with Dave Marr, thanked the Lord for his win. I've never heard anyone say Pernice is a jerk in over the 20 years he's been on Tour.

I'm a Christian as well and if he, (and one other poster to this thread who mentioned the same) is a jerk because he's a "bible thumper", I'll gladlly join him.

Ping S59 irons 5-PW
Titleist 910D2 driver,
TM Jetspeed 3W & 5W

TM Rescue Hybrid 23*
Ping Rapture 21* Hybrid

We get these snap shots of individuals in their bad moments. Are they like this ALL the time? Are we?

Is Mr. Watson the person some of you make him out to be incessantly? Does he have any redeeming qualities?

As bscinstnct said, we too have our "moments".

I remember reading something about Mr. Woods. He missed the cut or something and was walking back to the parking lot to his car. A little kid and his father approached him and he took some time to get photographed with the kid.

Not everyone is bad all the time. Not everyone is good all the time.

That goes for us posting in this thread.

Yeah it was a generality. My apologies, I've just heard too many stories about Bubba, Zach Johnson, Webb Simpson and others on the tour bible study circuit not being as kind as the supposed hellions. I'm a Christian as well and it irks me more when they don't do the right thing, especially when they talk about it(Christianity) all the time.

Yes, Pernice is a good guy.

[quote name='glcoach' timestamp='1401674787' post='9410833']
Yeah it was a generality. My apologies, I've just heard too many stories about Bubba, Zach Johnson, Webb Simpson and others on the tour bible study circuit not being as kind as the supposed hellions. I'm a Christian as well and it irks me more when they don't do the right thing, especially when they talk about it(Christianity) all the time.

Yes, Pernice is a good guy.
[/quote]

No worries..Thanks for writing.

I agree with you that fellow Christians who don't act according to biblical principles make us all look bad. You're right.

Ping S59 irons 5-PW
Titleist 910D2 driver,
TM Jetspeed 3W & 5W

TM Rescue Hybrid 23*
Ping Rapture 21* Hybrid

not sure why my comments were deleted nothing to do with religion. I said Ive met bubba watson twice. He was an absolute jerk. Just a Jerk....

I have some wealthly friends and played medalist a couple times. I myself am very poor lol but found a way in. Played on a few occasions. Just a strange dude.

I said hello in a simple polite manner and he went off on how he just wanted to play and didn't want to be bothered?? All I said was hello! What a jerkoff...

[quote name='nokester' timestamp='1401676073' post='9411029']
not sure why my comments were deleted nothing to do with religion. I said Ive met bubba watson twice. He was an absolute jerk. Just a Jerk....

I have some wealthly friends and played medalist a couple times. I myself am very poor lol but found a way in. Played on a few occasions. Just a strange dude.

I said hello in a simple polite manner and he went off on how he just wanted to play and didn't want to be bothered?? All I said was hello! What a jerkoff...
[/quote]

I reinstated your post. It was between 7 other posts that were marked for deletion and was mistakenly removed. :hi: