2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

Bubba's behavior, DISSAPOINTING

[quote name='Pepperturbo' timestamp='1401813678' post='9422013']
[quote name='Desert Golf' timestamp='1401769343' post='9419003']
[quote name='Pepperturbo' timestamp='1401739421' post='9415897']
Typical and sad, but see that kind of thinking all the time in CA. NO wonder CA kids are a mess.
[/quote]

Hey Brah, don't be so harsh

Signed,

So Cal Dad
[/quote]

Sorry, if you don't like my view, but it stands. By and large, CA kids are messed up and its their parents fault. Not only have my wife and I raised a good son (in college now), we've seen up close the extent to which parents don't parent, but want to be friends with their kids. My wife and I were very pro-active parents, and we both work. One or both of us made all his events. The worst parental tells were when his teams traveled to other schools.

Our house so happened to be the one all the HS kids liked hanging at. Reason, they liked how we parented. I heard those kids talking about subjects that their parents never imagined. Its no wonder so many HS kids are drunks, druggies and failures; they don't feel loved. Of all my son's friends though JR & HS, only '2' other than my son, made it to college; and he went to 'statically' good JR/HS schools.

Sorry for off topic, but it pizzzes me off seeing what parents do to their kids.
[/quote]
It's not just a California thing. It's universal. To generalize Californians as bad parents is Bubbaesque. :D

Ping G430 LST 98 VenTUS Red TR 5 Stiff

Ping G410 5 Wood Aldila Rogue 130MSI 80 X

Ping G430 Max 7 Wood VA Composites Drago 65 Stiff

Ping G425 Max 9 wood Ventus Blus 7S

Ping G710 5-PW KBS Tour

Ping S159 50 54 58

Ping Anser 2

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='mosesgolf' timestamp='1401817152' post='9422491']
Typical and sad, but see that kind of thinking all the time in CA. NO wonder CA kids are a mess.
[/quote]

Signed,

So Cal Dad
[/quote]

Sorry, if you don't like my view, but it stands. By and large, CA kids are messed up and its their parents fault. Not only have my wife and I raised a good son (in college now), we've seen up close the extent to which parents don't parent, but want to be friends with their kids. My wife and I were very pro-active parents, and we both work. One or both of us made all his events. The worst parental tells were when his teams traveled to other schools.

Our house so happened to be the one all the HS kids liked hanging at. Reason, they liked how we parented. I heard those kids talking about subjects that their parents never imagined. Its no wonder so many HS kids are drunks, druggies and failures; they don't feel loved. Of all my son's friends though JR & HS, only '2' other than my son, made it to college; and he went to 'statically' good JR/HS schools.

Sorry for off topic, but it pizzzes me off seeing what parents do to their kids.
[/quote]
It's not just a California thing. It's universal. To generalize Californians as bad parents is Bubbaesque. :D
[/quote]

I live in SOCA, and visit AZ, TX and MI annually, plus NYC now and again; its been that way for years too. Sure bad parenting happens all over; but CA is worse, due to the excessive number of people with a liberal mindset. So, as I said, it stands. I understand, you or others might not like generalizing, still it's part of reality. Part of my earlier background was profiling (the use of personal characteristics or behavior patterns to make generalizations about a person or people).

• TSR2 9.25° Ventus Velo Red 59S
  • TSR2 15° GD Tour AD-VF 74S
  • 718 T-MB 17 2i° Tensei AV White Am2 90S
  • T100 3i & 4i MMT 95S
  • T100 5i-9i MMT 105S
  • T100 PW MMT 105S Wedge 113
  • SM10 F52/12, T58/4, DG200 127S
  • SC/CA Monterey
  • DASH -ProV1x or AVX

[quote name='Pepperturbo' timestamp='1401819185' post='9422771']
[/quote]

Signed,

So Cal Dad
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

I live in SOCA, and visit AZ, TX and MI annually, plus NYC now and again; its been that way for years too. Sure bad parenting happens all over; but CA is worse, due to the excessive number of people with a liberal mindset. So, as I said, it stands. I understand, you or others might not like generalizing, still it's part of reality. Part of my earlier background was profiling (the use of personal characteristics or behavior patterns to make generalizations about a person or people).
[/quote]
Everyone's entitled to their "bad" opinions and that's where I stand. :D

Ping G430 LST 98 VenTUS Red TR 5 Stiff

Ping G410 5 Wood Aldila Rogue 130MSI 80 X

Ping G430 Max 7 Wood VA Composites Drago 65 Stiff

Ping G425 Max 9 wood Ventus Blus 7S

Ping G710 5-PW KBS Tour

Ping S159 50 54 58

Ping Anser 2

I think humans often times expect tv personal to be perfect, almost unhuman in character. Everybody has flaws and has skeletons in their closets that they don't want others to see or know about. Sure, Bubba is different, but he's human too, and subject to his human character. All the things these golfers encounter while in a tournament, many don't realize. I, personally, would like to see how some of the people in here would do who criticize Bubba, how they would act in his place. They might fail miserably.

[quote name='Tom Gski' timestamp='1401821661' post='9423041']
I think humans often times expect tv personal to be perfect, almost unhuman in character. Everybody has flaws and has skeletons in their closets that they don't want others to see or know about. Sure, Bubba is different, but he's human too, and subject to his human character. All the things these golfers encounter while in a tournament, many don't realize. I, personally, would like to see how some of the people in here would do who criticize Bubba, how they would act in his place. They might fail miserably.
[/quote]

i could see your points...........absolutely. but an a$$ is an a$$ no matter how you cut it - he just happens to act like one from time to time as a golfer. i'm sure he is a good guy too.....i just really think there are some deep issues with the dude, hopefully he can sort them out.

Adams Speedline Launch Lab 9.5*, Adams 9064LS 9.5*, TM Jetspeed 10.5*, PING G20 9.5*
TM Jetspeed 3HL, PING G20 16.5*, TM Jetspeed 5HL 
Ping I3+ Blades 3-LW
Callaway Raxr X Tour- #2, 3 & 4 hybrids
Callaway I-Trax, Odyssey Stroke Lab Double Wide

This thread really surprised me. I don't think anyone is perfect, let alone someone who is in front a TV camera a lot of the time, but when I first saw this thread over the weekend I kinda dismissed it.

After I saw the thread I was playing with a Nike buddy of mine who gets to meet a lot of pros by virtue of his job and when I mentioned the thread, his immediate response was that Bubba was a ^&$)!$^)(&%^#&(#%^&!*&^% *$#@

I laughed and said that was just sour grapes talking because he wasn't wearing a swoosh. He got pretty serious and said he wasn't kidding. He said his "public persona" was all smoke and mirrors (like another famous golfer).

Very sad to hear. Not that I considered him a role model or anything like that. Just sad to hear about guys like Bubba that seem so genuine and it turns out it is all an act.

Old stuff:
1962 Tommy Armour AT2W Driver   1953 Macgregor M65W EOM 3 wood   1978 H&B PowerBilt Citation 4 wood
1984 Ben Hogan Apex PC 2-E   1968 Wilson Dual Wedge
1964 Acushnet O-SET M6S Bullseye Putter

New stuff
Cobra ZL 10.5 driver (Matrix HD6 s-flex)  Titleist TSR2 18* fairway wood (Matrix Code-8 s-flex)   Adams A2P 20* hybrid (Rombax 8D07HB s-flex)
Titleist 716 MB irons 4-PW (Apex 4 soft-stepped)    Callaway Mack Daddy wedges 52, 56, 60 (DG S200)
Odyssey ProType 9 putter

[/quote]

Signed,

So Cal Dad
[/quote]

[/quote]

Lol nothing like generalizing about a state of 38 million people.

[quote name='Pepperturbo' timestamp='1401819185' post='9422771']
[/quote]

Signed,

So Cal Dad
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Strange that California has lower teenage pregnancy rates than the more conservative states you mention. Damn liberals messing up their kids.

[quote name='shaffe' timestamp='1401738547' post='9415787']
[quote name='Splitter' timestamp='1401727241' post='9414349']
If I see him coming my way with the kids, I say "give it a shot, but he's not right in the head, so it may not go well".

[/quote]

Best piece of advice in this thread.
[/quote]

That's actually pretty funny!

Wishon 919 THI 11* 0.5* Open
Wishon 929 HS 14.5*, 19* 0.5 Open
Wishon 775HS 22*, 25*
Wishon 5, 6 560 MC 7-PW MMC MB
Wishon 54, 59 Micro-Groove HM
All shafts are S2S Stepless Steel Wishon

[quote name='tembolo1284' timestamp='1401825595' post='9423517']
[quote name='shaffe' timestamp='1401738547' post='9415787']
[quote name='Splitter' timestamp='1401727241' post='9414349']
If I see him coming my way with the kids, I say "give it a shot, but he's not right in the head, so it may not go well".

[/quote]

Best piece of advice in this thread.
[/quote]

That's actually pretty funny!
[/quote]See now, that is good parenting, setting realistic expectations at an early age will ensure your kids won't spend their adult lives on the interweb beeeatching about pro golfers not being perfect angels. If everyone's Mommy and Daddy raised them that way 50% of the threads on this site would have never been started.

Nice work Splitter!

Ping G400 Testing G410.  10.5 set at small -
Ping G410 3, 5 and 7 wood

Ping G410 5 hybrid-not much use.  
Mizuno JPX 921 Hot Metal. 5-G
Vokey 54.10, 2009 58.12 M, Testing TM MG2 60* TW grind and MG3 56* TW grind.  Or Ping Glide Stealth, 54,58 SS.  
Odyssey Pro #1 black
Hoofer, Ecco, Bushnell
ProV1x-mostly

[quote name='dreamdrive' timestamp='1401827812' post='9423835']
Since Bubba grew up in Bagdad, does that make him a terrorist also?
[/quote]

I didn't know they had trailer parks in the middle east?

Gives new meaning to the word "redneck"

Driver: Callaway Epic 10.5 Project X LZ 5.5
FWY: Callaway BB 3WD / BB H4 19*
Irons: Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 4-GW
Wedges: Mizuno T7 52*, 58*
Putter: Odyssey MXM Versa 1

[quote name='jj9000' timestamp='1401511385' post='9401085']
[quote name='sman' timestamp='1401510690' post='9401035']
REALLY?? They are where they are through hard work and dedication, no doubt about it. BUT, they have what they have and live they way they live because of the love of their fans. They get the endorsements through popularity which derives from their fan base, so they owe ALOT to their fans, period...
[/quote]

No they don't.

This isn't a middle-school popularity contest whereby the endorsements go to Jimmy and Jane because the rest of their classmates voted for them.

Endorsements are a method to sell product, handed out by companies. Not fans.

If you're an elite athlete you're presumed to get a good amount of TV time.

TV time = eyeballs and eyeballs = Revenue.
[/quote]

Tell that to Barry Bonds.

[quote name='4thand11' timestamp='1401823385' post='9423239']
[/quote]

Signed,

So Cal Dad
[/quote]

[/quote]

Lol nothing like generalizing about a state of 38 million people.
[/quote]

Yep, nothing like it...

• T100 3i & 4i MMT 95S
  • T100 5i-9i MMT 105S
  • SC/CA Monterey
  • DASH -ProV1x or AVX

[quote name='rustyputterguy' timestamp='1401809243' post='9421367']
If this was a thread about Scotty, someone would refer to him as Don.
If this thread was about Tiger, someone would refer to him as Eldrick.
No one is referring to Bubba as Gerry? He must not be disliked enough.... Yet.
[/quote]

it's Gerry ... Pronounced "Gary".

I just watched a couple minutes of the Faherty episode with him on it ... What a d*^#!

... I've really tried to like the guy too.

I'm disappointed that nobody has mentioned the OP's spelling of disappointing...........

R11S 8* square; Stock stiff
Maltby KE4 14* 3w , Axe Excaliber R flex tipped 1"
RBZ 25* hb; RBZstage 2 19* hb
Mizuno MP30 5 - PW, AXE Excaliber stiff, Hogan Apex PC E Wedge (50*) TT DG s300
GM Never Compromise GM2 putter
54*, 58* TM TP wedges 3* flat

[quote name='PZero' timestamp='1401505972' post='9400631']
I went to the practice rounds at the Memorial this week. I get there early, watch them on the range, get autographs, and interact with the players I know that are approachable. On Tuesday, I got there and noticed Bubba out on the 10th tee early, just as the gates were opening. There was probably 5 people there and Bubba refused to sign any autographs for anyone, but did say he would sign after he played. When his round was over he did sign quite a few autographs for people, but he complained the entire time about how everyone was just going to sell it. After signing something he would say how much they would be able to get for it on eBay. He also refuses to sign the middle of Masters flags and intentionally will sign his autograph on the darkest area of an item so you can't really see his signature.

98% of the players are unbelievably great with the fans. They stop and sign autographs for anyone that asks for it and they will stop and take pictures as well. I heard the term "selfie" more than I wanted to this week. I followed Rory for about 8 holes and he signed for just about everyone and took countless pictures with people.
[/quote]

I am no Bubba fan, but he has a point re: the ebay thing.

Check this out:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_kw=bubba+watson+autographed+ball

Valhalla, I am coming!
Drums beating, cold English blood
runs hot.
they just can't kill the beast

The amount of shots he hit into the gallery on the fly at the Memorial without a single shout is an utter disgrace.

Ping i20 9.5* Project X Black 6.0
Taylormade R15 15* Fujikura FUEL 70 S
Adams Pro Dhy 18* Aldila Tour Blue 80S
John Letters Tour Black Master Model 4-PW S300
John Letters Tour Black 52*,56*,60* DG Spinner
Odyssey Metal X Milled #1, 34.5"

[quote name='Ajit' timestamp='1401825327' post='9423477']
Strange that California has lower teenage pregnancy rates than the more conservative states you mention. Damn liberals messing up their kids.
[/quote]

Yes it is... But given CA teen pregnancy rate has little directly to do with good adolescent behavior and pro-active parenting; I will leave you to your imagination; and CA is the #1 abortion state in the country, for adolescents. Damn conservative state adolescents, they chose birth and adoption. A persons behavior can be measured in their choices and actions. Good day.

• T100 3i & 4i MMT 95S
  • T100 5i-9i MMT 105S
  • SC/CA Monterey
  • DASH -ProV1x or AVX

[quote name='Rock Chalk Jayhawk' timestamp='1401510191' post='9400995']
Professional athletes do not owe their fans anything. Period. They are paid to play a sport, not be a role model.
[/quote]

In the sport, and whatever tour/league they participate in, likely no especially as a independent contractor like a golfer (team leagues like NBA, NFL, whatever probably do). However no matter what to a sponsors yes. There will likely be at the very least a loose clause that they have to act in the best interests of the company. It's the same reason why so many people appeal to sponsors to cut people loose for off field indiscretions (Tiger, NFLers)

[quote name='Pepperturbo' timestamp='1401838676' post='9424869']
[quote name='Ajit' timestamp='1401825327' post='9423477']
[/quote]

Yes it is... But given CA teen pregnancy rate has little directly to do with good adolescent behavior and pro-active parenting; I will leave you to your imagination; and CA is the #1 abortion state in the country, for adolescents. Damn conservative state adolescents, they chose birth and adoption. A persons behavior can be measured in their choices and actions. Good day.
[/quote]
It's hard to get a girl pregnant California. Whereas in states like, I don't know, the Carolinas, all you have to do is let her sing "this little light of mine" two or three times and BOOM! baby.

Driver Callaway Razr Fit Xtreme
Callaway X Hot Pro 13.5* and 17* FW
Callaway Razr X Tour 21* Hybrid
Callaway Apex Pro 5-PW, Mizuno JPX 50*,
Mizuno MPT-11 54*, Vokey SM4 60/10,
Scotty Cameron Circa 62 #2

[quote name='taporsnap17' timestamp='1401839042' post='9424901']
[quote name='Rock Chalk Jayhawk' timestamp='1401510191' post='9400995']
Professional athletes do not owe their fans anything. Period. They are paid to play a sport, not be a role model.
[/quote]

In the sport, and whatever tour/league they participate in, likely no especially as a independent contractor like a golfer (team leagues like NBA, NFL, whatever probably do). However no matter what to a sponsors yes. There will likely be at the very least a loose clause that they have to act in the best interests of the company. It's the same reason why so many people appeal to sponsors to cut people loose for off field indiscretions (Tiger, NFLers)
[/quote]

You are correct, about behaivor clauses in sponsor contracts. However, telling someone they won't autograph something, or arguing with their caddie, getting frustrated during play, etc., are NOT plausible reasons for contract termination. Otherwise, half the tour players would be in trouble with sponsors and or the PGA.

However, if posts here are any indication, they are plausible reasons for deciding who not to like, even call them names, and azzz-ume they be the :diablo: devil.

Time for cocktail and cigar.

• T100 3i & 4i MMT 95S
  • T100 5i-9i MMT 105S
  • SC/CA Monterey
  • DASH -ProV1x or AVX

Surely I can't be the only one here who sees the car connection.

Anyone else remember the movie Christine? (demonic car)

Well....

The General Lee once belonged to scoff laws who constantly ran from the police, drove with obvious road rage and a total lack of concern for others on the road, and never got a haircut.

Coincidence? I think not......

Callaway Epic with Fujikura 62s in 45.25 set at 12.5*
Taylormade Rbz FW (17*)
Callaway X-Hot Pro 20* Hybrid
Callaway Steelhead 4-PW w/KBS 90s
Titleist Vokey 50*
Titleist Vokey SM-6 56*
Titleist Vokey SM-6 60-08 M
Tad Moore TM-1 35"
Callaway Chrome Soft

Please be mindful of our community posting standards/goals, here...

[quote][color=#b22222]Rules- The following are our standards for participating in GolfWRX’s community forums. Posting here is a privilege, not a right. While these rules cover most common situations, they cannot anticipate everything. We reserve the right to take any actions we deem appropriate to ensure these forums are not disrupted or damaged in any way. We will remove members or posts that violate our rules.

1. Being considerate and respecting each other.
1.1. Treating others the way you want to be treated is the key component to preservation of the site’s goals.
1.2. While debating and discussion is fine, we will not tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, personal attacks, or purposeless inflammatory posts.
1.3. No foul language, nude pictures, and/or other objectionable material are allowed.
1.4. [b]Discussions about religion or politics are not allowed.[/b]
1.5. Discussion of illegal activities such as software and music piracy and other intellectual property violations are not allowed.
1.6. Registering with multiple accounts, impersonating another member, multiple identities, and/or false e-mail addresses are not allowed.[/color][/quote]

Thanks, carry on. :)

[quote name='Medic' timestamp='1401758343' post='9417903']
But Pepper, you've got to admit that Bubba's history that has been well covered hasn't exactly been a shining example of how to treat others. The media isn't being unreasonable in their accounts of his antics and behavior. Simply stated he needs to, as I believe Jack was quoted to have stated, "Remember who is buttering his bread." Or just grow up a bit.
[/quote]

I'm thinking we should hold our politicians to the same standard that we set for our pro golfers.

Not getting political Mods.

[quote name='Snufles' timestamp='1401852686' post='9426523']
[quote name='Medic' timestamp='1401758343' post='9417903']
But Pepper, you've got to admit that Bubba's history that has been well covered hasn't exactly been a shining example of how to treat others. The media isn't being unreasonable in their accounts of his antics and behavior. Simply stated he needs to, as I believe Jack was quoted to have stated, "Remember who is buttering his bread." Or just grow up a bit.
[/quote]

I'm thinking we should hold our politicians to the same standard that we set for our pro golfers.

Not getting political Mods.
[/quote]
Shouldn't we hold ourselves to that standard?
Lots of anti -Bubba vitriol that indicates tendencies worse than his.

Lots of people going over top for a second hand story that may or may not have been exaggerated for dramatic effect.

Driver Callaway Razr Fit Xtreme
Callaway X Hot Pro 13.5* and 17* FW
Callaway Razr X Tour 21* Hybrid
Callaway Apex Pro 5-PW, Mizuno JPX 50*,
Mizuno MPT-11 54*, Vokey SM4 60/10,
Scotty Cameron Circa 62 #2