2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

Bubba's behavior, DISSAPOINTING

Ya you can tell Jack doesn't like Bubba at all. During yesterday's telecast, they kept asking Jack about Bubba. How he was easily distracted at people taking photos. And what he thought of Bubba's swing, etc. Jack really didn't say much, he's not impressed with his actions on the course, doesn't relate to how he plays golf.

It was pretty clear Jack is not a Bubba fan. If Bubba wins Jacks tournament today, he might not even get a handshake from Jack.

Driver: Callaway Epic 10.5 Project X LZ 5.5
FWY: Callaway BB 3WD / BB H4 19*
Irons: Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 4-GW
Wedges: Mizuno T7 52*, 58*
Putter: Odyssey MXM Versa 1

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='billyhandsomeface' timestamp='1401630432' post='9406619']
At least it was a little girl crying this time instead of him. I have grown tired of the Dick Vermeil act. I'll stick with Freddie being my role model. I will model my son (if I have one) to be like him, and my daughter (if I have one) to date guys like him.
[/quote]

You better do some serious research on that one. I do have daughters, no way they'd be anywhere near any relationship with Fred Couples, assuming they were similar ages, of course. His personal life hasn't been fun and games.

[quote name='Motley' timestamp='1401635839' post='9406987']
Ya you can tell Jack doesn't like Bubba at all. During yesterday's telecast, they kept asking Jack about Bubba. How he was easily distracted at people taking photos. And what he thought of Bubba's swing, etc. Jack really didn't say much, he's not impressed with his actions on the course, [b]doesn't relate to how he plays golf.

It was pretty clear Jack is not a Bubba fan. [/b]If Bubba wins Jacks tournament today, he might not even get a handshake from Jack.
[/quote]
Jack said "I'll quote Bobby Jones, 'He plays a game with which I'm not familiar.'"

Pretty high praise. If you're familiar with the quote, you would know that the great Bobby Jones said that in reference to a young...

(Wait for it)

JACK NICKLAUS.

So Jack IS impressed with Bubbas game.
Funny what a little context will do. Huh?

Driver Callaway Razr Fit Xtreme
Callaway X Hot Pro 13.5* and 17* FW
Callaway Razr X Tour 21* Hybrid
Callaway Apex Pro 5-PW, Mizuno JPX 50*,
Mizuno MPT-11 54*, Vokey SM4 60/10,
Scotty Cameron Circa 62 #2

[quote name='monkeynaut' timestamp='1401639044' post='9407277']
Ya you can tell Jack doesn't like Bubba at all. During yesterday's telecast, they kept asking Jack about Bubba. How he was easily distracted at people taking photos. And what he thought of Bubba's swing, etc. Jack really didn't say much, he's not impressed with his actions on the course, [b]doesn't relate to how he plays golf.

It was pretty clear Jack is not a Bubba fan. [/b]If Bubba wins Jacks tournament today, he might not even get a handshake from Jack.
[/quote]
Jack said "I'll quote Bobby Jones, 'He plays a game with which I'm not familiar.'"

Pretty high praise. If you're familiar with the quote, you would know that the great Bobby Jones said that in reference to a young...

(Wait for it)

JACK NICKLAUS.

So Jack IS impressed with Bubbas game.
Funny what a little context will do. Huh?
[/quote]

I thought Jack, like anybody, appreciates Bubbas talent while being intrigued at how he plays...

Jack said Bubba uses his cut as a disstance "governor" I think. Then Jack said that when he wanted to control distance off the tee, he just used a 3W. Lol.

I would like to play a round with Bubba and I call his shots. "Hey, Bubba, hit a fade that goes over 2 fairways on the right and comes back and knocks the beer out of that guys hands on the green. I think Jesus would like that."

Just watched (on TV), as Bubba approached the practice range prior to today's final round. The ropes were lined with people hoping to catch a glance of their favourites and other players. As Bubba walked along probably a 50 foot line of spectators, the f'n
guy didn't have the courtesy to acknowledge the crowd, or even say good afternoon, or heaven forbid, ask if everyone was happy and enjoying the tournament! This guy is some kinda .... . You fill in the blank.
I'd punch this guy out for a song!

Sorry, I couldn't help that.

I think what bothers me the most about this is how he talks about his family so much. How his family life is why he is so happy. If another star treated his son the same way, I am sure he wouldn't appreciate it. As a father, you hope a stranger would not make your kid cry. I am sure he feels the same way.

Mizuno JPX 900 driver
Mizuno JPX 900 3 wood
Mizuno JPX 900 5 wood
Mizuno MP 66 irons with Modus 105 shafts
Scratch 50,55,60 wedges with Steelfibers I95's
Mizuno MP A303 putter

Ya you can tell Jack doesn't like Bubba at all. During yesterday's telecast, they kept asking Jack about Bubba. How he was easily distracted at people taking photos. And what he thought of Bubba's swing, etc. Jack really didn't say much, he's not impressed with his actions on the course, doesn't relate to how he plays golf.

It was pretty clear Jack is not a Bubba fan. If Bubba wins Jacks tournament today, [b]he might not even get a handshake from Jack.[/b]
[/quote]

Jack has more class than that.

[quote name='That Bob Guy' timestamp='1401645340' post='9407723']
Just watched (on TV), as Bubba approached the practice ranch prior to today's final round. The ropes were lined with people hoping to catch a glance of their favourites and other players. As Bubba walked along probably a 50 foot line of spectators, the f'n
guy didn't have the courtesy to acknowledge the crowd, or even say good afternoon, or heaven forbid, ask if everyone was happy and enjoying the tournament! This guy is some kinda .... . You fill in the blank.
I'd punch this guy out for a song!

[b]Sorry, I couldn't help that.[/b]
[/quote]

You should try.....

Why is it that people think Bubba has to be a role model to anybody???

Maybe as parents you should try and be the role model you have your kids searching for.....

and I don't believe a 7-8 year old girl was the one wanting the autograph.

Sure glad to be a member of wrx.... means I'm perfect.

:rolleyes:

[quote name='billyhandsomeface' timestamp='1401630432' post='9406619']
At least it was a little girl crying this time instead of him. I have grown tired of the Dick Vermeil act. I'll stick with Freddie being my role model. I will model my son (if I have one) to be like him, and my daughter (if I have one) to date guys like him.
[/quote]

I'd hold off on that one. Freddie doesn't exactly have a great track record with the females.

Karma is being a b**** to Bubba right now!

WITB

Ping G430 Max 9.0 degree Diamana ZF 60 Stiff

Ping G430 Max 3 wood 15 degree Alta CB Black Stiff

Ping G430 Max 5 wood 18 degree Alta CB Black Stiff

Mizuno Pro 243  4 - G Modus 120 Stiff

Titleist Vokey SM9  56-14F, 60-10S

Scotty Cameron Super Select Del Mar

Titleist Pro V1 / Pro V1X

Woohoo so happy Bubba lost.

[size=3][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Current bag:
Titleist TS3 Oban Kiyoshi Purple 65 [/font]
[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Titleist TS2 GD Tour AD-MT 7[/font][/size]
[size=3][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Titleist 818H1 19, 818H1 23 GD Tour AD-DI 85[/font][/size]
[size=3][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Epon AF-705 5-AW MRC OT-I 95
Vokey Wedgeworks SM7 Raw 54M, 58D[/font][/size]
[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]Scotty Cameron 009[/size][/font]
[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]Taylormade TP5x[/size][/font]

[quote name='MLeeJr' timestamp='1401593510' post='9405415']
[quote name='PZero' timestamp='1401593416' post='9405405']
[quote name='tysonlb' timestamp='1401590960' post='9405185']
There is a nice area set up for autographs near the scoring room. Some players sign, others don't.
[/quote]

Players don't go near the scoring room during practice rounds or the pro am. Like I said earlier, 98% of the players sign in between holes.

[quote name='tysonlb' timestamp='1401590960' post='9405185']
No one bothers baseball players between innings for pictures or autographs. Same s***.
[/quote]

Horrible comparison. No one bothers golfers between holes for pics or autographs during tournament rounds. Practice rounds and pro ams are not the same. It's laid back.
[/quote]

MLB Players sign at batting practice before games all the time.
[/quote]

Yeah, after I posted that it really didn't make much sense to me. Practice rounds in golf are unique, but I still would not expect a player to sign during. Maybe a "Hi" or a fist-bump, but to expect a player to sign between holes is reaching. That's the point I was trying to make.

I know that Christina Kim (LPGA player) on Twitter got lots if grief after Bubba won his first Masters that she couldn't be happy for a guy that acted like an a** when the cameras were off...I guess a lot of pros know he's pretty fake. If I can find that tweet I'll post it but it garnered some attention.

Hell, just look at how he's treated his caddie in the past on the course while cameras were on him. This attitude doesn't surprise me.

[quote name='TheMoneyShot' timestamp='1401661284' post='9409227']
I personally think that Bubba will be the next John Daly down the road. He is a train wreck waiting to happen.
[/quote]

No substance abuse, won't happen.

TM SIM Max 10.5* Atmos Blue 65S
TM M3 3W Matrix Ozik HD6 S

TM M4 Rescue 3
TM M3 Rescue 5

Srixon 565 5-P PX LZ 5.5
PING Glide 52*SS 58*WS 60*TS
Odyssey #9 O-Works

[quote name='rafal' timestamp='1401664037' post='9409579']
[quote name='TheMoneyShot' timestamp='1401661284' post='9409227']
I personally think that Bubba will be the next John Daly down the road. He is a train wreck waiting to happen.
[/quote]

No substance abuse, won't happen.
[/quote]

Not yet anyways....

[quote name='DavePelz4' timestamp='1401660214' post='9409047']
[quote name='toddnt' timestamp='1401659904' post='9409011']
Bubba.... Trunk slamming!

K A R M A
[/quote]

He probably still walks with $400K.
[/quote]

I know he's got two Jackets, but I don't think that whailng swing will last.. You see Fowler revamping his for the long haul!

[quote name='Hawkeye77' timestamp='1401505695' post='9400605']
Heaven forbid someone treats Caleb badly. Bubba would likely have an alternating tirade and tear filled press conference.

The old stories about his behavior are well known. I guess I just see all the emotional and other stuff that some think demonstrates how real he is, and how he is really a good guy, as more a reflection of his belief that it is all about him.
[/quote]

That isn't really his son though, right? He adopted him?

Also, I have seen Bubba be a complete ***** to a kid who told him "Nice Shot" at Firestone a couple years ago when he was well out of contention on a Sunday. He bended it around a tree and just missed the green by a couple yards to the left. A kid about 6 years old yelled "Nice Shot Bubba" and he turns around and says repeatedly "Yeah, great shot, great shot huh" while shaking his head. The little kid probably just saw it bend around the tree and go far. Oh and given the circumstances it actually was a pretty good shot...

[quote name='ilikegolf26' timestamp='1401666690' post='9409839']
Heaven forbid someone treats Caleb badly. Bubba would likely have an alternating tirade and tear filled press conference.

The old stories about his behavior are well known. I guess I just see all the emotional and other stuff that some think demonstrates how real he is, and how he is really a good guy, as more a reflection of his belief that it is all about him.
[/quote]

Also, I have seen Bubba be a complete ***** to a kid who told him "Nice Shot" at Firestone a couple years ago when he was well out of contention on a Sunday. He bended it around a tree and just missed the green by a couple yards to the left. A kid about 6 years old yelled "Nice Shot Bubba" and he turns around and says repeatedly "Yeah, great shot, great shot huh" while shaking his head. The little kid probably just saw it bend around the tree and go far. Oh and given the circumstances it actually was a pretty good shot...
[/quote]

Just because a kid is adopted doesn't make him not someone's son. I am sure Bubba and his wife consider Caleb to be their kid. I think your reference was to say he's not their son in the biological sense?

I think Bubba is mainly an emotional guy with rabbit ears on the course. Not a good combination. Don't get me wrong, I'm not defending his behavior at all.

Ping S59 irons 5-PW
Ping bronze J-Blade putter
Titleist 910D2 driver,
TM Jetspeed 3W & 5W

TM Rescue Hybrid 23*
Ping Rapture 21* Hybrid
Ping Eye 2+ SW, Hogan Special PW

[quote name='J-Blade' timestamp='1401668182' post='9409979']
[quote name='ilikegolf26' timestamp='1401666690' post='9409839']

[/quote]

[/quote]

Just because a kid is adopted doesn't make him not someone's son. I am sure Bubba and his wife consider Caleb to be their kid. I think your reference was to say he's not their son in the biological sense?
[/quote]

Yeah, I was asking.