2024 Rocket Mortgage Classic WITB Photos ×

Blade users thread (NO DEBATING CLUBHEADS! NO Buy Sell Trade!)

Bigmean

Well King cat, I see why it was such a challenge. Looks like you'd need to hook the hell out of the ball to have a chance at keeping it on the the fairway. Gravity is definitely working against you on that course...HAHAHA!

I tried getting the photo upright but it wouldn't take. Very odd. Maybe I should use a proxy or 2nd source.

[b][color=#8b4513]Wyoming[/color] [color=#ffd700]Cowboys[/color][/b]

Damn NCN! Looking good!

Thanks. I just stopped myself adding another RM-11 60* wedge to the collection 15 minutes ago. This one was raw, and if it is still in the shop after New Year, I may well buy it. It's been tempting me for a while as my current RM-11 60* is getting a bit worse for wear. Still got some life yet, but it's always nice to have a backup.

I got a set of hogan tk15s and really love them. My first shot made me go, "oh man, thats so nice..." and i looked at the stranger i was paired with and he was giving me a cocked eyebrow with a "what a weirdo" half smile.

Just great wedges. Proud to say the name hogan has been on at least one club in my bag my entire life. I consider my hogan special k grind my friendliest club ever, but findly retired it at the end of this season.who knows, maybe itll pull an MJ. Definitely fits in with the look of a bladed bag too

I got a set of hogan tk15s and really love them. My first shot made me go, "oh man, thats so nice..." and i looked at the stranger i was paired with and he was giving me a cocked eyebrow with a "what a weirdo" half smile.

Just great wedges.Proud to say the name hogan has been on at least one club in my bag my entire life. I consider my hogan special k grind my friendliest club ever, but findly retired it at the end of this season.who knows, maybe itll pull an MJ. Definitely fits in with the look of a bladed bag too

Does that make you a cereal Hogan user...?

Just great wedges.Proud to say the name hogan has been on at least one club in my bag my entire life. I consider my hogan special k grind my friendliest club ever, but findly retired it at the end of this season.who knows, maybe itll pull an MJ. Definitely fits in with the look of a bladed bag too

Does that make you a cereal Hogan user...?

Ha Ha!!! Wiping the coffee off my iPhone right now. Good laugh to start the day is good for the soul. Well done!

unicorns have landed on the moon !

Miura T set of titleist blades 2-pw on our BST

link-http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1421148-my-holy-grail-sale-santa-has-finally-arrived-miura-titleist-red-ts-very-rare-2-pw%3B-onoff-kuros-3-pw%3B-mizuno-ms-11-2-pw%3B-titleist-box-blades-1-pw%3B-taylormade-ghost-putter-everything-a-must-see/

Cobra LTD X 9* Hzrdus RDX blue 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

Ping i530 4-Uw AWT 2.0 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

unicorns have landed on the moon !

Miura T set of titleist blades 2-pw on our BST

link-http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1421148-my-holy-grail-sale-santa-has-finally-arrived-miura-titleist-red-ts-very-rare-2-pw%3B-onoff-kuros-3-pw%3B-mizuno-ms-11-2-pw%3B-titleist-box-blades-1-pw%3B-taylormade-ghost-putter-everything-a-must-see/

I offered my max, considering I am caught off guard by this and they have been reshafted and have no COA. It was a legit and solid offer, but I think maybe not enough for him.

The Box blades interest me. I wonder what everybody knows about them. It look as though they have been bent flat and that is what causes the chrome issues? There is a 1 iron in the set. Hmmm....possibly a great coin flip for Mizuno vs. Titleist?

I don't know about $450, but that is a nice a** set. Probably Hoffman, just cool. Thing is I would never play them, ever.

Awesome ! I'm glad someone made a stab at them. I want them. But I can't buy another set. Main thing that is a plus t me is the 2 and 3 iron. Which is what my small blades are missing.

Ping i530 4-Uw AWT 2.0 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

The Box blades interest me. I wonder what everybody knows about them. It look as though they have been bent flat and that is what causes the chrome issues? There is a 1 iron in the set. Hmmm....possibly a great coin flip for Mizuno vs. Titleist?

As Bm said they are USA Hoffman forged. ( which is a great thing ). 87 model ( you can always date Titleist by the E in Titleist. If it's upper case it's 84 and older. If it's lower case it's 85 and newer. They are very desirable to Titleist iron collectors. They lack he diamonds on the face that the normal tour model had and they have a smaller ( shorter ) yet thicker design. Similar and also rare models if your looking are the 841 blades. Made in 84 I think. Also a small boxy design. Those in that condition with the 1 and 2 iron are probably worth $350-375.

Also if you like a square toe. Search " Titleist custom grind " on eBay. There's a square toe set from 1995-97 on here for $250 ( just heads ) and the seller is a well known member from here and puttertalk. Just FYI

Ping i530 4-Uw AWT 2.0 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

BH, that set only comes 2-pw, it is the tiger set, ALL have the 2.

That is first I have seen without x100s, and s200s are Japanese, so that means they were reshafted over there? I mean you can get them here so maybe not, but I have been messaging seller and he is legit, if you notice all his other shafts are s200 I think...

BH, that set only comes 2-pw, it is the tiger set, ALL have the 2.

That is first I have seen without x100s, and s200s are Japanese, so that means they were reshafted over there? I mean you can get them here so maybe not, but I have been messaging seller and he is legit, if you notice all his other shafts are s200 I think...

yea i rarely even notice what shaft an iron has anymore... if i get them they are getting nippons anyway ..lol one because thats my shaft of choice and two i play an inch over standard so to fit me i have to do something anyway .... but i get the point... they arent pristine in the box ..which i prefer, so the pricing gets a bit more subjective ....

Ping i530 4-Uw AWT 2.0 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Oh trust me, that is the set I as well want, zero COA, total reshaft and big hit on value. I made my best standing offer per everything. The problem is that for that kind of money, you need to be covered. I am really good about staying +/- 15% when I buy used golf stuff and as awesome as those are, they are that much money because it is a 1/500 collectors set first and foremost. Once that has been tainted, the value which is there for non golfing purposes (collector) is reduced to the value of golfing purposes.

Anyway, I gave my ceiling on it, I don't know how or how much he got them for, but I offered as strong as I could to reshaft them and take thrm no COA.

oh for sure... you always have to be willing to walk away..thats ho-ing 101...lol i am just like you ..im not going to go into anything upside down by much if any... i just struggle to know what the real value is.... my guess is somewhere around $1300-1500.....would be safe..

Ping i530 4-Uw AWT 2.0 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Class of 2016:

Received Australians today and what is surprising is the head is quite compact much like the FG 59 but these are easily the heaviest irons I ever had.

Of the 9 irons shown, the Maxfli comes in 30-35 grams heavier, some of that is the grip (Tour Cord Wrap) but they are beefy sticks. Probably outweigh Hogans by 40 grams

Real pumped to do side by side tonight in freezing cold while my son is at AAU ball practice.

Class of 2016:

Received Australians today and what is surprising is the head is quite compact much like the FG 59 but these are easily the heaviest irons I ever had.

Of the 9 irons shown, the Maxfli comes in 30-35 grams heavier, some of that is the grip (Tour Cord Wrap) but they are beefy sticks. Probably outweigh Hogans by 40 grams

Real pumped to do side by side tonight in freezing cold while my son is at AAU ball practice.

NICE!

Nard_S, I think in the interest of science, you need me to test those Aussie blades against my baby blades to verify how similar they really are. I will take one for the team and pay for shipping. And I promise after reaching a conclusion to return them to you in good condition.

And LOL to pursue the science further, you could break out those precision calipers and measure the different dimensions of each muscle and see if any of them have a correlation to feel and/or performance. The ratio of muscle thickness to length is a key metric.

Or you can just have fun with those beauties. But PLEASE tell me how you like those Aussie blades as compared to your FG59s. Those two designs just speak to me as blissful blades...just like my baby blades do.

TEE CB2 13* 3w, 43.5", 57g Fujikura Motore F1 X-flex
TEE CB2 15* 3w, 43" 65g Fujikura Motore F1 S-flex
Miura Black Boron 1957 Small Blades 2i-PW, Nippon NS Pro 850 GH S-flex
Miura Black Wedges 53* and 60*, Nippon NS Pro 850 GH S-flex
GripMaster Club Maker's Stitchback Grips
34" Piretti Bosa, GripMaster Pistol Grip

Registered Bladeocrat
Outlaw Golf Association Member #7

Nard_S, I think in the interest of science, you need me to test those Aussie blades against my baby blades to verify how similar they really are. I will take one for the team and pay for shipping. And I promise after reaching a conclusion to return them to you in good condition.

And LOL to pursue the science further, you could break out those precision calipers and measure the different dimensions of each muscle and see if any of them have a correlation to feel and/or performance. The ratio of muscle thickness to length is a key metric.

Or you can just have fun with those beauties. But PLEASE tell me how you like those Aussie blades as compared to your FG59s. Those two designs just speak to me as blissful blades...just like my baby blades do.

Ha! I like option 3 the best....I'll will spare you the sacrifice on #1:)..... but since you asked about measurements and seeing I am playing Nurse to a job right now.........

Measuring 8 irons, using edge of groove face(heel & toe sides) as reference, irons are within .03" to.100" dimensionally or >1/32" to <1/8" in all directions. Difference seems to be that Maxfli has more beef (pad) on heel about .100" but is slightly longer 1/16" on toe & higher on toe and yet same thickness toe side.

Hosel length is within 1/32" but Maxfli has a pin.

Huge difference is weight, Wilson 450g, Maxfli 478g..........that heel muscle is what's doing it and possibly a heavier shaft, old school S300 vs new school though steps on shaft identical.

Taking a profile view of the clubs, looks like Wilson has more beef lower and more centered (experience suggests Wilson CG is dead center)...it bulges, my guess is that sweet spot is slightly heel side and higher on Maxfli with it's thick, flat tapered profile........top lines and off set are nearly the same.

I will try out both club to club and let you know about the rest.