SNELL GOLF BALLS??? anyone???

abel88

i have started stocking up on some of the "budget tour balls" Ksig, snell, vice, cut, and reached out to stroc to see if they will send me some to do a review of all at one time.

Driver: Paradym 3D Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood: Paradym 3d Ventus black TR 7x

19 degree UW: Ventus black TR 8x

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility Hazrdus black 90 6.5 X

5 -PW: Callaway Apex MB, KBS $ taper 130X

Wedges - Jaws raw 50, 54, 59 KBS $ taper 130x

Putter- Mutant Wilson Staff 8802 with stroke lab shaft
BALL; Chrome Soft X

i have started stocking up on some of the "budget tour balls" Ksig, snell, vice, cut, and reached out to stroc to see if they will send me some to do a review of all at one time.

Ksig is no longer a budget ball :(

yeah, i know. I have not even played it before but figured i would throw it in as it not an "OEM" ball. at $32/ dozen if you get just one, the snell ball really is not budget either.

BALL; Chrome Soft X

Something like a Snell MTB is a "budget" ball to the guy used to paying $50/dozen for ProV1's in the pro shop at his course. It's an expensive ball to lots of other people, though. I play with some guys (most of which have way higher incomes than myself) who would think paying even Snell MTB prices is akin to lighting cigars with $100 bills.

Budget is a subjective word... for me Snell MTB is a budget ball.o

sure it is...any tour ball at $30 is BUDGET :) the Cut Blue is super budget ball!

I dont disagree, i just think once you hit that $30 mark you are in the range of a lot of other balls that are sitting on shelves and you don't have to wait for them or pay shipping.

BALL; Chrome Soft X

I dont disagree, i just think once you hit that $30 mark you are in the range of a lot of other balls that are sitting on shelves and you don't have to wait for them or pay shipping.

Are you taking into account those other $30+ balls sitting on shelves are going to be subject to sales tax in most places? I might have to wait for Snell balls to arrive but they are free shipping and being in Texas I pay no sales tax.

Good point

BALL; Chrome Soft X

I played the MTB again today after playing the 2017 Srixon XV for most of this year. The MTB performed beautifully. Its performance is very similar to the XV with a few minor differences.

The feel of the MTB is softer than the XV on all clubs. It feels excellent off the putter and irons.

The MTB is slightly more workable than the XV. Just what i would expect of a softer ball.

The MTB spins more on short approach shots from 125 yards and in. I hit one from 105 yards with a 3/4 gap wedge that spun back about 10 feet. I usually get 2-3 feet with the XV. I'm not sure if the extra spin is really good thing.

Durability is about the same. I played the same MTB for 18 holes and it looked about the same as an XV after 18.

The real test against the XV will come when I can get the MTB out on a windy day. Nothing has been even close to the XV in the wind so far; its the best ball I've ever played in the wind.

PXG Black Ops 10.5* - Ventus Velocore Blue TR 6X

PXG Gen 5 0311 15* - Aldila Tour Blue 75X

PXG  Gen 5 0311 19* - Aldila Tour Blue 85X

PXG 0311T Gen 5 4-P - DG120 X100

Titleist Vokey SM9 50*, 56*, 60* - DGTI S400

PXG Bat Attack H

Chrome Soft/Vice Pro Lime

I played the MTB again today after playing the 2017 Srixon XV for most of this year. The MTB performed beautifully. Its performance is very similar to the XV with a few minor differences.

The feel of the MTB is softer than the XV on all clubs. It feels excellent off the putter and irons.

The MTB is slightly more workable than the XV. Just what i would expect of a softer ball.

The MTB spins more on short approach shots from 125 yards and in. I hit one from 105 yards with a 3/4 gap wedge that spun back about 10 feet. I usually get 2-3 feet with the XV. I'm not sure if the extra spin is really good thing.

Durability is about the same. I played the same MTB for 18 holes and it looked about the same as an XV after 18.

The real test against the XV will come when I can get the MTB out on a windy day. Nothing has been even close to the XV in the wind so far; its the best ball I've ever played in the wind.

You should be pleasantly surprised rod. The MTB is the best wind ball I've ever played.

Ping G430 Max 10.5

Ping G430 5&7 Wood

Ping G430 19°,22° Hybrids

PXG Gen 6 XP's 7-SW

Ping Glide 58ES Wedge

Ping PLD DS72 

If a person gets mad at you for telling the truth, they're living a lie.

A few years ago I tried the GetSum and wasn't too impressed so I didn't think too highly of Snell golf ball. After reading all the positive posts here I picked up the MTB and played it for the first time yesterday, it was a much better experience. The MTB was long, felt great and checked up well on the greens. I will be comparing the MTB against the KSig, Cut Blue, Vice Pro and TM TP5x.

I like the TP5x but my game doesn't warrant a $45 golf ball. I'd have stuck with the KSig but given there's no supply, it isn't a long term solution. If one of the other balls is equal or better I'll probably sell my KSig supply on eBay.

Driver - Callaway Paradym
Woods - Callaway Paradym 3W
Hybrids - XXIO 10 3H, 4H, 5H
Irons - Callaway Paradym 6-52*
Wedge - PXG Forged 56** 
Putter - Ping TYNE C
Ball - Titleist AVX

I'm on my second "crate" of Snell MTBs (6 dozen per shipment). I think the ProV1 feels a tiny bit softer, but the performance is similar. The only ball that has distracted me from my MTB ("I want my MTB....") has been the yellow Callaway with Truvis. That's a COOL ball and performs well.

I would vote for #2 on Snell's list.

If Snell came out with a yellow MTB, I'd buy another 6 dozen. Yeah, I know, I'm going to by the white ones anyway, but I'd do it sooner for the yellow.

Are you taking into account those other $30+ balls sitting on shelves are going to be subject to sales tax in most places? I might have to wait for Snell balls to arrive but they are free shipping and being in Texas I pay no sales tax.

If you by the 6-box set, you pay about $26 per dozen, and that includes shipping. Waiting for shipping? Order before you're out. It only takes a few days from ordering to receiving anyway.

This ball plays as well as a Callaway at $40 per dozen. In fact, I'd challenge you to find any discernable difference between it and a $48-per-box Titleist. Six boxes with tax will run you a little over $310, compared to the Snell price of $157. That seems significant to me.

If you by the 6-box set, you pay about $26 per dozen, and that includes shipping. Waiting for shipping? Order before you're out. It only takes a few days from ordering to receiving anyway.

This ball plays as well as a Callaway at $40 per dozen. In fact, I'd challenge you to find any discernable difference between it and a $48-per-box Titleist. Six boxes with tax will run you a little over $310, compared to the Snell price of $157. That seems significant to me.

amen to snell mtb

The reason I have for NOT buying 6 dozen at a time is that I lose very few balls even though I play Monday through Friday, year 'round, weather permitting. I will play the same ball until its performance degrades or the brand name becomes unreadable. Why stock up on 6 dozen when Snell is contemplating coming out with a new offering I might find even more appealing?

I tried out the MTB for the first time this weekend. I was pleasantly surprised to not see much of a difference (if any) off the tee, versus the Get Sum. Approach shot wise though...BIG difference. While I like the Get Sum, I missed the feel of a three piece ball. I will be ordering more of the MTB at some point.

Yellow and the option for a split value pack would be cool (three boxes of white and three boxes of yellow). I go back and forth between white and yellow during the same round.

If I remember correctly from earlier in this thread, if you put that request in the 'notes' of your order, they will take care of you.

Huh. For some reason, it didn't occur to me to just ask that question when I placed my last order. :drinks:

While I don't disagree with anything you say I don't like to buy that many golf balls at one time.

BALL; Chrome Soft X

While I don't disagree with anything you say I don't like to buy that many golf balls at one time.

Same here. I change my mind too much to buy anything in bulk. It might hurt my game but I'm sure that magic golf ball that never shanks is out there somewhere. I just need to find it.

Ping G30 SFT 12
Ping G5 3W
Ping G Crossover 4
Ping G15 4 - U
Vokey SM6 56.14, 60.04
Odyssey White Hot XG #7

The reason I have for NOT buying 6 dozen at a time is that I lose very few balls even though I play Monday through Friday, year 'round, weather permitting. I will play the same ball until its performance degrades or the brand name becomes unreadable. Why stock up on 6 dozen when Snell is contemplating coming out with a new offering I might find even more appealing?

Damn, that's nuts. Well if I were you I'd still buy a dozen MTB's and play that dozen for the next 10 seasons. The ball is THAT good.

Damn, that's nuts. Well if I were you I'd still buy a dozen MTB's and play that dozen for the next 10 seasons. The ball is THAT good.

I have bought Snell MTB's, just not 6 dz at a time. Really like them.

I purchase 6 dzn deal as group purchase. I converted 2 friends so that we share the cost.

This is actually a very popular option we have seen from our customers...remember, we also have some great deals we give to our members on the Snell Golf Website (only requires an email sign up).. we send out updates to the members bi weekly, and sometimes include some cool stuff for free, or run some promos for certain events, or in some cases just simply give percentages off certain purchases... we want this to continue to be fun for everyone, while supplying top performance at affordable pricing....thanks for everyone here for their support....hint, there may even be one coming out tomor....

I purchase 6 dzn deal as group purchase. I converted 2 friends so that we share the cost.

This is actually a very popular option we have seen from our customers...remember, we also have some great deals we give to our members on the Snell Golf Website (only requires an email sign up).. we send out updates to the members bi weekly, and sometimes include some cool stuff for free, or run some promos for certain events, or in some cases just simply give percentages off certain purchases... we want this to continue to be fun for everyone, while supplying top performance at affordable pricing....thanks for everyone here for their support....hint, there may even be one coming out tomor....

tease !