2024 Rocket Mortgage Classic WITB Photos ×

Tiger to PXG?

uW0tM8

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I absolutely think Tiger may go to PXG. Callaway and TM are out for sure.

That really only leaves Titleist (Titleist/mizuno ) and PXG..

Bob Parsons is eccentric...I can see him pursuing Tiger...

But...lets get that Scotty back in Tiger's hands!

Tiger was a Ping player as an amateur. Cant rule them out entirely. I cant imagine seeing Tiger with a G driver but it might be just what he needs.

PXG 0811X+ proto 10.5 Aldila NV blue
Cobra F9 3 wood
PING G410 3 hybrid Tensei blue 
Srixon Z585 4-pw Modus 105
PING Glide 2.0 50* KBS Tour
PING Glide 2.0 56* KBS Tour
TM high toe big foot 60*
Scotty Phantom X 5.5
Srixon Zstar

I think Rory signs with PXG and Tiger continues to use his TW stuff cause no one is interested in a washed up player that will never be in contention on the PGA tour again.

you want to put somethin on that? Because he contended in an event less than a year ago, I think he can do it again

Let me know how much? He's done

Jason

Did TW play Ping Eye 2's as an am????

Titleist TSi2 10* Driver Tensei Blue 55S
TM Sim2 Max 16.5* 3 wood Tensei Blue 60S

TM SIM2 Titanium 5 Wood Tensei Blue 65S

TM SIM2 MAx 4 Hybrid Ventus Stiff shaft
Ping G410 5-UW Alta Graphite Shafts
Vokey SM8 56* sand wedge, Vokey SM9 60* lob wedge
Black Lab Oil Can 350g custom grind by "Geo" putter

C&L 350 Milled Oil Can Putter (3 of them!)

I think Rory signs with PXG and Tiger continues to use his TW stuff cause no one is interested in a washed up player that will never be in contention on the PGA tour again.

TBF legends like Nicklaus, Palmer and Watson still have club endorsements.

I'm also pretty sure Ben Hogan clubs were around and a viable brand long after he was relevant as a player.

I think as long as TW is a part of the golf world like Nicklaus and Palmer are, he'll still be a powerful brand and marketing tool.

you want to put somethin on that? Because he contended in an event less than a year ago, I think he can do it again

Jason

Blatant disrespect. Never in contention again? I had hoped golfers had some reason and belief towards a top 2 player ever. If contention means finishing top 5, let me know the amount I want in too. Make sure it's in writing though cause you'll lose this one. Me and mcann1 will feast on your donation.

There's always alternative reasons why people hate on tiger and sympathize with others, we know why but we dance around it. Same guys were quiet when he owned the golf world, now the little dogs have a lot to say lol typical

Only one of you mentioned Bridgestone. He could carry the bag and irons and use the ball. Bridgestone made and designed Nike balls for a long time when the first started out.

The rest of the bag could be anything. Vokey, old Scotty, M1 whatever.

Or he keeps the Nike blades and puts in a new ball, wedges, putter, and driver no new deal.

Taylormade Qi10 9* Mitsubishi ZF 60TX

Taylormade Mini Driver 13.5 Mitsubishi ZF 70TX

Taylormade Qi10 5 wood 18* Project X HZRDUS Black 80 6.5
Srixon ZX5, ZX7 combo set 4-PW PX 6.0
Taylormade MG4 50.09 SB, 56.14 HB, 60.09 SBC DG S400 Black Onyx
Taylormade Spider Tour Z 
Titleist Pro V1X 2023

Bridgestone

Signature of Solon CC

Ping g430 10k 9 Accra fx 3.0 140 m0

TM Qi10 max 16 

Titleist 917 18 Kk proto

Titleist Tsr1 4 hybrid Accra fx 2.0 

Titleist t300 5-Pw Matrix Red proto moi matched 

Wilson Staff zm 50 recoil dart v

Wilson staff zm 56 recoil dart v

Vokey Wedge Works Raw 60K DG S400 Black Onyx

L.A.B. Mezz Max Blue Head Tpt shaft 34/71

Somehow Michael Jordan still has a huge market for his Jumpman logo line. His shoes still sell out apparently and the MJ stuff still does incredibly well. I still am amazed when I see someone wearing a new jumpman shirt or hat THIRTEEN years after he was last in the NBA. Who buys that crap? Millions I guess because he has increased his wealth since retirement, which isn't easy. So I guess the TW logo could be the same for Tiger. He could probably take it over himself and get it to be in the same vain as MJ did for himself after retirement. Getting TW into Ross/Marshall's and mall stores, etc. Come out with a cologne and maybe even some equipment.

Then again, Jordan's image wasn't as bruised as Tiger's was/is AND basketball is immensely more popular and marketable then golf.

Taylormade R11 9° Diamana™ S 62
Sub 70 639-CB 4-PW, KBS Tour 120 S
Wilson FG PMP wedges 52° & 56°, DG S400

Star Sidewinder Black grips - standard + 2 wraps
Tommy Armour Impact #3 Putter 34"
Callaway Chrome Soft golf balls

I might be the only person who feels this way but I really don't know why everyone can see Tiger playing Titleist more than other brands. Yes, he did play Titleist clubs almost 20 YEARS ago, when he had a complete different swing, when the shaft was steel and the balls were completely different. Pretty much the only Titleist driver he played was a 6.5 degree 975D with an X100 which the head his nothing like it (feel, looks, sound and performance wise) compared to pretty much everything after the 905 wood series. Not saying the 915 or the 917 is not good enough by any means but in the metal wood line-up of this year TM has the edge overall. Regarding the irons, blade irons are blade irons and it does differ from the material or the forging process between companies but Titleist isn't the only manufacturer that makes good blades. The wedges and putter will be more of a trust thing so I can see that happening.

But at the same time I don't see any brands leaving him hanging with a free equipment contract despite that fact he isn't playing like his prime or playing less to no tournaments, because he is still too valuable to leave him with no contract. The industry is declining but the people who still purchase equipments are golfers that are rather serious about their game (like people here on WRX) and not the golfers that are starting to play the game, and those people WILL buy what ever club Tiger plays when he comes back. PXG may be financially healthy but that and paying Tiger a hefty price are two different things, because Tiger still needs club to play with since he is a golfer even if no one pay him his desired money to play their equipment.

Somehow Michael Jordan still has a huge market for his Jumpman logo line. His shoes still sell out apparently and the MJ stuff still does incredibly well. I still am amazed when I see someone wearing a new jumpman shirt or hat THIRTEEN years after he was last in the NBA. Who buys that crap? Millions I guess because he has increased his wealth since retirement, which isn't easy. So I guess the TW logo could be the same for Tiger. He could probably take it over himself and get it to be in the same vain as MJ did for himself after retirement. Getting TW into Ross/Marshall's and mall stores, etc. Come out with a cologne and maybe even some equipment.

Then again, Jordan's image wasn't as bruised as Tiger's was/is AND basketball is immensely more popular and marketable then golf.

I can't tell if this post is "tongue in cheek" or not. It's brilliant if it is.

nike says they r not generating enough revenue but how in gods earth is girls basketball making money? how is the WNBA even survive? SOCCER is dead in the united states except for the kids, well like they say, it's all about the boots on their feet......

Margins on clothing and shoes are much better than golf clubs. Especially when you consider the volume.

Nike probably sells 10 million shirts for every golf club.

that's right, bottom line is profit. problem is not that many golfers like their shoes

Aren't they 1 or 2 in footwear? So tell us again how not that many golfers like their shoes?

really, the places i golf i never see anybody in nike except for me.

Anecdotal evidence does not suggest a larger trend.

Anecdotal evidence does not suggest a larger trend.

They've been in hard goods for ~15 years and have gone from 0 to 1 to 2 to 3% market share. Who knows what exactly they were originally projecting, but given that they just announced they're getting out of hard goods I reckon it was more optimistic than 3% after 15 years.

The theme of this thread is unfortunately a moot point. I am a huge fan of tiger, but I don't see him making it all the way back. He might be able to get his body healthy enough to make it back on tour, but the magic, the determination, and the aura of invincibility, are gone and don't look like coming back. Reminds me of Seve's decline. Sad to watch.

Interesting that Bob Parsons threw out numbers when talking about former Nike staffers. "They [Rory and Tiger of course] could get $3 million from me and $3 million from Nike for clothing." Boy, Bob is blunt. But maybe it will work.

Tiger will never make what the Jordan brand will. Nike/Jordan has always been well-established in soft goods because non-basketball players wear that stuff. Won't happen with the TW brand.

I'm pretty sure every OEM won't care one bit that Tiger will want a glued driver. That will certainly not be the holdup in any contract. Most people who buy Nike have no idea Tiger doesn't use an adjustable hosel.

Ping G410 LST 10* (DI-6X)
Ping G410 3W 15.5* (DI-7X)
Ping i20 3-PW (PX 6.0)
Ping Glide 2.0 51*SS, 56*SS, 60*ES (PX 6.0)
Ping Vault Arna

C'mon. Don't feed the trolls.

Jason

:bb:

PING G400 Max 10.5° (+)
PING G430 fairway 18° (F-), Alta CB S
PING G430 hybrid 22° (F-), Alta CB S
PING i530 5-U, DG Mid 115 S300
PING s159 54°-W (bent 52°), 58°-B, DG Mid 115 S300
PING Serene B60, KBS CT Tour, 35"
Maxfli Tour Yellow

I absolutely think Tiger may go to PXG. Callaway and TM are out for sure.

That really only leaves Titleist (Titleist/mizuno ) and PXG..

Bob Parsons is eccentric...I can see him pursuing Tiger...

But...lets get that Scotty back in Tiger's hands!

Tiger was a Ping player as an amateur. Cant rule them out entirely. I cant imagine seeing Tiger with a G driver but it might be just what he needs.

Many famous names were PING players early in their careers: Faldo, Nick Price, Couples, TW, PM, CHIII, RickyF, etc. Money lured them away to other brands.

Tiger will wear Nike clothes and shoes until he can no longer walk.

My guess is that he'll end up with a Nike Bag or at least Nike logo on the bag.

No club manufacturer is going to pay Tiger for playing their clubs which will demand big bucks from the OEM while having Tiger in Nike clothing and a swoosh on the bag. Nike didn't even demand a swoosh on the bag when he played their clubs.

Ping G410 LST 10* (DI-6X)
Ping G410 3W 15.5* (DI-7X)
Ping i20 3-PW (PX 6.0)
Ping Glide 2.0 51*SS, 56*SS, 60*ES (PX 6.0)
Ping Vault Arna

Get real guys, TW has never been about gimmicks. TW plays a set of irons that are basically unchanged for 30 years. Now he's switching to hollowed or cores or whatever? No chance.

TW will probably switch to whatever clubs he likes, whatever he thinks are best, sponsorship be damned.

I see Tiger starting off fresh. The guy doesn't need money. If he's able to come back 100% and believes that he can contend, I think he makes his start fresh. I am thinking the past decade has humbled him, and this time off given him a clear mind. I see him going with a smaller brand in terms of advertising and tour presence - maybe PXG, Mizuno, Bridgestone. It would be cool to have him go small and carry a lesser known manufacturer with him to the winner's circle, considering he is able to compete as he once did.

TSR4 9* with Graphite Design AD-IZ 6X
SIM2 13.75* with PX Hzrdus Smoke Blue RDX 70TX

SIM2 17.5* with PX Hzrdus Smoke Blue RDX 80TX
Srixon ZX7 4-9 with KBS $-Taper 130X
Titleist SM9 46F with KBS $-Taper 130X
Titleist SM9 50F with KBS $-Taper 130X

Titleist SM9 54S with KBS $-Taper 130X

Titleist SM8 58L with KBS $-Taper 130X
Brandon Matthews NO.1 CAP Custom

Titleist ProV1