2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Kirkland Signature (Costco) golf balls (MERGED) (NO BST POSTS)

Swoff57

Seen a few eBay auctions for these shipped around $38-39 or so (2 dozen NIB).

Cleveland Launcher DTS 9*
Exotics CB 13*
Ping i3 17*

Callaway Steelhead 3 20*

Nickent 3DX 23*26*29*
MacGregor VIP V-Foil 1025 C - 7-PW
Ping Eye2 51*57.5*
Seemore WGP
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1013287-my-v-foils/"]WITB Link[/url]

Why would anyone pay that?

Oh, that's right. Because eBay.

Because they can' tget 'em where they're at?

Exotics CB 13*
Ping i3 17*

Callaway Steelhead 3 20*

Nickent 3DX 23*26*29*
Ping Eye2 51*57.5*
Seemore WGP

You don't have to have a Costco membership to order the balls or anything at Costco for that matter. They just charge a surcharge to the order, about $1.50 for the 2 dozen KSigs I think.

I just ran a test order on their web site. For my location the cost would be $37.07 shipped including sales tax and the surcharge.

P.S. To elaborate on the "because eBay" effect, it's easy to imagine someone taking a quick look at the Costco web site, seeing the $29.99 price and thinking that is $29.99 a dozen (a mistake made by at least one GolfWRX'er up-thread). So they see $38 for TWO dozen on the 'Bay and think they're getting a heckuva deal.

Most of the guys "hung up" on the logo seem to be buying and liking the ball anyway. They're just point out the obvious. It's a cheap-looking logo, tiny number and looks like something you'd find advertised on an informercial.

Who knows, if Costco keeps selling these for a while they might even improve the cosmetics. Which they could do at no cost if they wanted.

I don't think they look cheap! As long as they are round, I could care less what's printed on the golf ball.

Goes to show just how cheap it is to make a good golf ball...shame on you Titleist! Just ordered 2 dozen to take for a spin. Hoping they are as good as the reviews say. Will be a great gamer for me and my middle schooler...if he can get past the abuse his golf team will give him...ha...

iwhen he beats them, it'll shut down that abuse pretty quick!

Wow! 33 pages on a golf ball. My local COSTCO (Hawaii) doesn't have them yet. I checked their website and they are charging 10.42 to ship them to Hawaii. Still a good deal but I'll wait until they appear in the store.

I wouldn't hold my breath on them getting to the stores there. not to say they won't get them, I'd be surprised if they didn't given the golfing climate there, but I checked on them here in the PNW and I was told only 2 stores total will be receiving them up here in OR/WA.

Which 2?

Goes to show just how cheap it is to make a good golf ball...shame on you Titleist! Just ordered 2 dozen to take for a spin. Hoping they are as good as the reviews say. Will be a great gamer for me and my middle schooler...if he can get past the abuse his golf team will give him...ha...

iwhen he beats them, it'll shut down that abuse pretty quick!

Wow! 33 pages on a golf ball. My local COSTCO (Hawaii) doesn't have them yet. I checked their website and they are charging 10.42 to ship them to Hawaii. Still a good deal but I'll wait until they appear in the store.

I wouldn't hold my breath on them getting to the stores there. not to say they won't get them, I'd be surprised if they didn't given the golfing climate there, but I checked on them here in the PNW and I was told only 2 stores total will be receiving them up here in OR/WA.

Which 2?

Disregard, just read to end of thread!

while the free shipping was going on I bought a box off of Ebay for $35 shipped BIN. It shipped directly from Costco. So I guess that Costco does have a presence on Ebay. You just wouldn't know it by the username, but all the products the user is selling are Costco items. So I decided to order another box and just ordered from Costco website before the free shipping went away. The total with tax and non member fee came out to $34.

TE C722 9* House of Forged custom shaft XX
TE C722 15* Tensei AV-RAW White 7x

TE C722 18* Tensei AV-RAW White 8x

Ping I525 4-GW Project X IO stiff
Vokey SM8 54*
Vokey SM8 58*
Putter = flavor of the day. (EvnRoll ER11vx, 3 different Seemores,  TM TM2 Truss CS, Machine CS M2A Converter, 2 different Yes putters)
Maxfli Tour X or Vice Pro

while the free shipping was going on I bought a box off of Ebay for $35 shipped BIN. It shipped directly from Costco. So I guess that Costco does have a presence on Ebay. You just wouldn't know it by the username, but all the products the user is selling are Costco items. So I decided to order another box and just ordered from Costco website before the free shipping went away. The total with tax and non member fee came out to $34.

That is very odd, really never would expect them to sell on ebay.. but guess wherever money can be made

Just before the free shipping disappeared me and a few buds co-oped a 20 dozen order.

29.99 per

X10

-29.99 (10% off $250 costco.com coupon)

270 Net cost

+16.20 (PA sales tax)

286.20 (total cost)

/10

$28.62 (cost per double dozen)

/2

$14.31 (cost per dozen)

/12

$1.19 (cost per ball)

I tell myself every year that I'm done buying balls....then something like this rolls along.....dammit.

X________________________________ Sign Here

That is very odd, really never would expect them to sell on ebay.. but guess wherever money can be made

I'm guessing someone set up their own business model reselling coscto.com items at an up charge. They wouldn't even need to have to have the product on hand. When they get an order they order it from the Costco web site and "Ship To" the buyer.

How often does Costco offer free shipping on their site? I think I am going to hold out until they offer it again :taunt:

Ping G425 Max w/Accra FX-250 M3 shaft
Taylormade AeroBurner Mini Driver 14 degree
Ping G30 5, and 7 Wood
Titlist VG3 Type-D 5-PW irons w/Nippon Zelos 7 shafts
Cleveland RTX-3 CB 48, 54, 58 (all 2 dot)
L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1 putter

Just before the free shipping disappeared me and a few buds co-oped a 20 dozen order.

29.99 per

X10

-29.99 (10% off $250 costco.com coupon)

270 Net cost

+16.20 (PA sales tax)

286.20 (total cost)

/10

$28.62 (cost per double dozen)

/2

$14.31 (cost per dozen)

/12

$1.19 (cost per ball)

I tell myself every year that I'm done buying balls....then something like this rolls along.....dammit.

I like your thinking

Got my ksigs today in the mail. I have been gaming latest and greatest Titleists for over 25 years now, without exception. My regular guys can't make it tomorrow, so I am going to play a match tomorrow for 9 holes. Ksig against Prov1x.

Will report back how it goes.

The post above me is interesting, will be hitting a few extra shots as well.

Well, I did what I said. I am swinging well right now and I played 12 holes with both balls at the same time. I actually played the ksig against a prov1, not a prov1x. It was chilly, and the course was wet, so not a complete evaluation as roll out was non existent with anything in the fairways.

It feels slightly harder off the driver, as well as slightly harder putting. Reaction exactly the same.

The ball carried exactly the same as far as I could tell with driver, irons, and wedges. It had slightly less sidespin when trying to work it, as well as slightly less backspin when hitting the greens, as well as chipping. Biggest difference is that I will play the ball slightly different looking forward, especially when playing my low spinning chips as this is where that slight spin difference is going to matter a lot.

As said countless times in this thread, at $1.25 this ball is a steal.

It is strange looking down at the Kirkland logo, I will be covering that shiat up with a fat blue arrow in the future.

Nothing on Costco Canada's website....anyone know if they will be available here soon

They do NOT appear anywhere on the costco.ca website. I tried ordering some off the costco.com site and it kept telling me my Costco user name and password

are "invalid"\

I would have to say that these balls are NOT available to Canadian Costco customers !!!

Yonex Tri-G 10* driver
Yonex Ezone GT 15*  3  wood
Yonex Ezone GT 18*  5 wood
Yonex Ezone GT irons 4-AW
Miura Tour Black 54* SW
Miura Tour Black 60* LW
Miura KM007 Putter

Looks like in addition to the Kirkland Signature ball, Nassau has two other balls approved by the USGA that match the ball construction and driver/iron spin characteristics exactly.

All three balls are 4-piece, solid-core, and three 'covers' as they define them. All have 360 dimples, with 'Medium' spin off the driver and 'High' spin off a short iron. All are made in Korea by Nassau Golf.

The other two models by Nassau are the Quattro and perhaps it is the same ball, but in the < alignment marker > area is listed as "MF 4L." I am not familiar with either of them. So, most likely the exact same ball with a Kirkland logo, but perhaps has some variation in material composition/formulae at best. Clearly, an exceptionally good price-point for a 4-piece ball.

They are the TRUTH...

I have played a couple rounds and compared them with Chromesoft (2015) and prov1s.

For me, distance is the same or eerily close. The big difference is I can get these to react on chips/pitches. I had a few today that I landed further than I wanted but they checked up beatifully. Also, very durable, which is a bonus!

They are great balls for the price and hard to tell a difference. Ill be buying a few more in the future..

Callaway Epic Speed Triple Diamond LS *9.0 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway Mavrik *15 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway Mavrik *18 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway 19' Apex Pros 4-Pw/ UST Recoil 125 Protos F4 
Callaway MD5 50W & 54W & 58X w/ UST Recoil 125
protos F4

Tyson Lamb Customed Long Neck Allendale 
#lookatthebaby #teamcallaway

I played them this morning and gave one to my playing partner to try out. I normally play chromesoft, so my comparison is to that.
  • Driver: Low driver spin compared to Chromesoft. The drives went much straighter, which accounts for the 5-10y additional yards I was averaging with the Kirkland ball.
  • Irons: I really like the ball off of the irons and around the green. Felt very similar to the Chromesoft and got similar distances and ball flight.
  • Wedges: Balls tended to check a bit harder than Chromesoft. Par 3's had the ball rolling back about 1.5x as far as Chromesoft.
  • Putting: Pretty much similar in feel.

Overall, I really like them and I think I have found a new ball. I will test it a few more rounds to make sure there is not a "new ball excitement" biasing my review.

My golf buddy normally plays a proV1x and his impression was that they felt "heavy" off the driver compared to his proV1x, not entirely sure what he meant by this. Seems to have liked it around the greens as well.

Thanks ......what a great review! I already couldn't wait for my shipment and now this makes the wait even harder!!

Solid review indeed. I'm not sponsored and a $4 ball isn't on my utility curve for marginal golf benefit. Prior to seeing this review, I bought two sets...may go out and get a couple more today. Cost basis after tax is about $1.05 a ball!

Freedom costs a buck o'five

That's because freedom ain't free. It costs folks like you and me.

Ping G410 LST Fujikura Atmos Black 6X 
Ping TiSi Tec 3 Wood Ping Tour Stiff
Ping i25 19* hybrid Aldila Tour Blue S
Ping 410 Crossover 4 iron
Ping Blueprint Modus 120 S Powerspec 
Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 48/52/56/60
Ping Sigma2 Tyne
Chromesoft Truvis

I don't know why people would be bitching about the logo. Looks fine to me.

Exotics CB 13*
Ping i3 17*

Callaway Steelhead 3 20*

Nickent 3DX 23*26*29*
Ping Eye2 51*57.5*
Seemore WGP

Got my 24 pack yesterday and took a sleeve to play today.

I gotta say(and after this review, we can close this thread), the Ksig performed every bit the same as every high dollar tour ball. By the end of 16 holes, I hit 4 cart paths leaving the expected scuffs, 2 trees left typical brown rubs and all three were lost.

The big difference is I was out roughly $4.50 instead of $12.00

250f83bd9fa23c2c7cb8bc17d3559916.jpg

What's In My Bag:

Driver - Titleist TS3 - Tensei Blue Stiff
3W - Titleist TS2 - Kuro Cage Stiff
3H - Titleist 818 H2 - 19 - Tensei Blue Stiff
4H - Titleist 818 H2 - 21 - Tensei Blue Stiff
5i - 48 Gap - Titleist 718 AP3
Wedges - Titleist Vokey SM7 53 S Grind & 58 M Grind
Putter - Scotty Cameron Futura 5M
Bag - Titleist Players 5 Stand bag
Ball - Titleist AVX