Kirkland Signature (Costco) golf balls (MERGED) (NO BST POSTS)

Swoff57

3 minutes ago, LeftyCanuck11 said:

How about sharing some of the yellow V3 with your friends up here in Canada? 😂🤣

... I live in Phoenix with over 200 courses within 50 miles of my house and year round golf great weather. Stopped at Costco yesterday for some local honey and no Yellow V3's (although I did also end up with a Norelco shaver I didn't know I wanted or needed 🤪) Kinda shocked Palm Springs with a higher end clientele got them before Phoenix because this place is filed with old retired curmudgeons that think $27.99 for 2 dozen is acceptable but not quite as good a bargain as the Pinnacles, Top Flites and Nitro's they find on the course, evidently lost by other old retired curmudgeons. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Driver:       TM Qi10 ... AutoFlex Dream 7 SF405
Fairway:    TM Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:    Ping G430 22* ... Alta CB Black 70r
                  TM Dhy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r

Irons:         Titleist T200 '23 5-9 ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:   MG3 ... 45*/50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:       Cobra King Sport-60
Ball:           2024 TP5x/2023 Maxfli Tour X

On 10/24/2023 at 12:04 PM, dasams said:

The neon yellow V3 has arrived at the Costco in Palm Desert, CA 🥳

IMG_9911.jpeg

Thanks! I've been worried the yellow would be online-only, which honestly isn't a problem but paying the extra $7/2doz is something I'd avoid if possible. Looks like they'll be in warehouse. 

I'll have to see if they're at Laguna Niguel when I roll through on Friday. 

Ping G25 10.5* w/ Diamana 'ahina 70 x5ct stiff (set -0.5 to 10*)

Sub70 Pro Tour 5w w/ Aldila NV NXT 85 stiff

Wishon EQ1-NX 4h, 5i-GW single-length built to 37.5" w/ Nippon Modus3 120 stiff

Sub70 286 52/10, 286 56/12, and JB 60/6 wedges, black, built to 36.75" w/ Nippon Modus3 120 stiff

Sub70 Sycamore Mallet putter @ 36.5" with Winn midsize pistol grip

9 hours ago, jpdx said:

Meaning the season is over? My experience trying to get tee times tells me differently. 

No. I possibly had a poor choice of words. When Covid came around, Golf enjoyed a huge growing period. People either got back into golf and got new clubs or started golfing and got new clubs. Because of this, there was a huge demand and the supply was tight, especially with mfg issues due to covid. Same thing happened in the off-road world with dirt bikes. Tons of bikes sold and riding gear was in short supply. The manufacturers then made more but the demand wasn’t there for more new gear. Those same people were still playing golf and riding dirt bikes but they didn’t need new gear so there became a surplus. Us golf junkies love new gear and get new stuff probably more often than we really should. The majority of the golfing world doesn’t upgrade their gear regularly.

Golf is still very popular and some states are closing down courses due to water rights so that forces everyone to fight over fewer tee times.

That’s what I meant when I said the boom is over.

A side note to Wantacigar. The Pxg 0211 Xcor2 with the MMT shaft is a great combo. I have the 60 A because I have very slow swing speed. Love the clubs and have been playing Kirkland V2 balls since last year. I have two boxes (4 dozen) of the V3 but I have not used up my V2 yet. On my last dozen. For my game they work great. I feel like I have much more control around the green than I did playing Callaway Supersofts and Wilson Duo Soft. I played the Srixon QStar Tour two years ago and it was an improvement. The Kirklands even more.

• Like 1

PXG 0811 XF Gen 4 10.5 Evenflow Riptide 50 A
PXG 0211 5 Wood 18 Evenflow Riptide 50A
PXG 0211 Hybrid 22 Mitsubishi MMT 60 A
PXG 0211 XCor 2 6-LW Mitsubishi MMT 60 A
Ping Anser 2 Karsten 1959

Ping Traverse

Kirkland Performance Plus V2

On 10/25/2023 at 4:11 PM, chisag said:

... Every testing method has flaws. As I have said before using a LM and a robot with a 95 mph swing, center contact and a neutral AOA is bad enough since I don't always hit the center and have a +3 AOA, but add in different shafts with a stiff or soft tip and how the head is delivered to the ball and my performance could be the opposite of the testing data. But it does give you at least a starting point concerning spin, trajectory and distance. 

... Personally I don't like score as an indicator of any clubs performance because there are just too many variables like lip outs, 3 putts, bad/good chips and pitches. Skulling a chip over the green doesn't tell you anything about the V3. Then consider a fade just to the right of one fairway in light rough and the next is in the water on the next hole. One is a good drive resulting in a par and the next drive although hit exactly the same is a double bogie after dropping in the rough.

... After my own testing over 25 rounds or so and finally a head to head comparison I found the Maxfli Tour was a little longer off my driver and irons as well as performing a little better in the wind. But I also shot a 66 with the V3 and a 76 with the Maxfli Tour. 🤷‍♂️ So for me the Maxfli is a pretty clear winner for my game but certainly not a night and day difference and if it isn't windy I would have no problem playing a V3 in a casual round. 

THIS IS SOOO TRUE.  Yesterday I played a 6300 yard course here on Long Island, NY.  Gorgeous day.  Started the round with the Ksig V3.  Lost it on the 11th hole.  Was driving decently enough and striking the ball fairly well.  Short game absolutely sucked, which is usually a strength for me.  I was thinning everything over the green yesterday.  Anyway played 11-16 with my Vice Pro (Vice Pro and Maxfli Tour are my "gamers") and I did notice a different in feel, for me and MAYBE A TAD difference in distance.  HOWEVER, I played a Vice Pro Plus 17-18 because it was getting dark and it was a found ball that was in really good shape.  Had my longest, straightest drive of the day.  My driver SS can reach 95 but generally 92-94.  Vice website says it's for SS over 100 mph 🤷‍♂️.  That being said, I can easily game the Ksig V3 anywhere.  

• Like 1

On 10/26/2023 at 4:03 AM, bwhitish said:

A side note to Wantacigar. The Pxg 0211 Xcor2 with the MMT shaft is a great combo. I have the 60 A because I have very slow swing speed. Love the clubs and have been playing Kirkland V2 balls since last year. I have two boxes (4 dozen) of the V3 but I have not used up my V2 yet. On my last dozen. For my game they work great. I feel like I have much more control around the green than I did playing Callaway Supersofts and Wilson Duo Soft. I played the Srixon QStar Tour two years ago and it was an improvement. The Kirklands even more.

Thanks for the feedback!!!

If the Ksig irons look like they are not going to be a fit with the stock graphite shafts, I'm getting the PXG 0211 Xcor2 with the MMT

• Thanks 1

Picked up a double dozen of yellow at my local. But it was weird. There was *ONE* 2doz box of yellow sitting on top of the entire pallet of white. It had a printed price label taped to the box. 

My theory is someone bought online or at another Costco, decided they didn't want them, returned them to my local, and they threw them back on the floor as they were unopened.

Either way, glad to have them. I'm not in severe shortage as I've still got a lot of yellow MTB-X around, but this should cover me until they get into regular warehouse stock rotation. 

• Like 1

Ping G25 10.5* w/ Diamana 'ahina 70 x5ct stiff (set -0.5 to 10*)

Sub70 Pro Tour 5w w/ Aldila NV NXT 85 stiff

Wishon EQ1-NX 4h, 5i-GW single-length built to 37.5" w/ Nippon Modus3 120 stiff

Sub70 286 52/10, 286 56/12, and JB 60/6 wedges, black, built to 36.75" w/ Nippon Modus3 120 stiff

Sub70 Sycamore Mallet putter @ 36.5" with Winn midsize pistol grip

Check the pallet!  Our store isn't supposed to have the Neon in stock but as I was walking around the pallet I noticed one level of yellow balls toward the bottom of the rear of the pallet.  Took a bit to get the boxes out but I got two! 

So if you see a pallet give it a once over you might be surprised. 

Edited by Velcade
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Stanks said:

So we received yellow seemingly earlier than projected by Kirkland. Now, the irons and the driver. When are those inbound? Original "date" was 11/1. 

Also, I don't know about you but, my Costco is selling Christmas trees like hot cakes right now. 

Nobody knows.  Costco doesn’t leak drip information. I don’t think anyone even verified the original posting 

• Like 1

On 10/26/2023 at 1:03 AM, bwhitish said:

The 0211 Xcore2 is probably a perfect matchup to the V2 Kirkland balls.  They are stronger lofted hollow-bodied irons that don't have a big slug of tungsten in the bottom, so they are some of the lower launching and lower spinning irons you can find (relatively speaking.)  Matching those up with a Supersoft would be a recipe for super low spin.

I played a set for a couple months, and pretty much had to use the highest spinning balls I could find to get any stopping power.  Distance was great, but everything was super low spin.

Meanwhile, when I play some of my higher spinning traditionally lofted iron sets (with light weight and flex graphite shafts) I just can't use the Kirklands.  Way too much spin with that combo.  So that's when I pull out the Supersofts.  

Matching up iron and ball characteristics is part of the fun.  

• Like 2

Ping G425 MAX Flat Big + (Grand Bassara 29R)

Adams Idea Pro A12 Proto 16* and 20* (Adams Ultralight 50 Ladies)

Honma Rose Proto 4-9  (Bassara 50HI)

ProtoC P2 46.5* (Bassara 50HI)

Ping Glide 4 52* and 58* (BAssara 50HI)

McGregor Bobby Grace VFoil M5K Putter

15 hours ago, subrew said:

The 0211 Xcore2 is probably a perfect matchup to the V2 Kirkland balls.  They are stronger lofted hollow-bodied irons that don't have a big slug of tungsten in the bottom, so they are some of the lower launching and lower spinning irons you can find (relatively speaking.)  Matching those up with a Supersoft would be a recipe for super low spin.

I played a set for a couple months, and pretty much had to use the highest spinning balls I could find to get any stopping power.  Distance was great, but everything was super low spin.

Meanwhile, when I play some of my higher spinning traditionally lofted iron sets (with light weight and flex graphite shafts) I just can't use the Kirklands.  Way too much spin with that combo.  So that's when I pull out the Supersofts.  

Matching up iron and ball characteristics is part of the fun.  

I generally play the Kirkland, Vice Pro and Maxfli Tour.  If I can get the performance (spin) and distance from the Kirkland that I do from the Vice and Maxfli with my Sim2's, The clubs will pay for themselves in about a year!  

....At least that's what I'll tell my wife....😆

On 10/25/2023 at 7:01 PM, chisag said:

... I live in Phoenix with over 200 courses within 50 miles of my house and year round golf great weather. Stopped at Costco yesterday for some local honey and no Yellow V3's (although I did also end up with a Norelco shaver I didn't know I wanted or needed 🤪) Kinda shocked Palm Springs with a higher end clientele got them before Phoenix because this place is filed with old retired curmudgeons that think $27.99 for 2 dozen is acceptable but not quite as good a bargain as the Pinnacles, Top Flites and Nitro's they find on the course, evidently lost by other old retired curmudgeons. 

+1 on the local Honey. We do the same here and get it at a local Farmer's Market. In fact I went and got a gallon yesterday.

On to the golf balls. When the first Kirkland balls came out we could not get them here in Coastal SC. A bud of mine in Florida sent me a sleeve. Frankly I was impressed. In fact on the other site we go on if you go back you will see where I questioned the conformity of those balls. Around that time was when I joined the course I am at now. Started winning some events and got on the Srixon jag because of free balls. I basically put Kirkland out of my mind.

Around here in this tourist mecca the Snowbird golf season is starting. Usually you can tell what balls the big box stores have on sale due to what you find on the course. Last year it was evidently the Callaway Super Softs because I found a bunch. This year it must be the Kirkland V-3 because I have found like 6 the last 3 weeks without trying. I decided to try them on the little Par 3 course I have played some lately. Really I was impressed with them off the wedges and short irons and the putter. This course being only 300 yards off the ocean gets plenty of wind and wind changes. I was impressed that they went good in the wind and had good spin even down wind. I have also found a couple of the Maxfli balls you play. My course is closed today due to green overseeding so I may go up to the Par3 today. I just may play the Maxflis I found. As you know the Par 3 is fun for me and part of my golf fun is experimenting around. But I did find the Kirkland balls impressive. Now I am not a Costco member because with only the 2 of us plus the ride into Dirty Myrtle it is not really economical for us. I do know some Costco members but when I run out of Srixons I may play the Kirklands simply for the price and performance factors.

• Like 3

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

3W--- TM V-Steel TMR7 REAX 55g R

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

5 Hybrid-- Cobra Baffler DWS NVS 60A High Launch

Irons 5 thru PW 1985 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW -- Cleveland 588 56* Shaft Unknown

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter -- Rusty 1997 Scottie Santa Fe-- Fluted Bulls Eye Shaft

On 11/4/2023 at 6:31 AM, TallGuy90 said:

Went to Costco yesterday to see the price of brisket. I saw the Front End manager I know and asked him how many people asked about golf clubs on Wednesday. He laughed and said they got so many calls and questions they called the regional managers to ask if they missed something. 

Did he have a response on availability? Did they give him any info?