Kirkland Signature (Costco) golf balls (MERGED) (NO BST POSTS)

Swoff57

2 hours ago, CBMC said:

On sale for $27.99 online for both white and yellow thru 10/13. Not sure if they are $7 in stores.

Just came back to this thread to post this!  I just ordered a couple of boxes( 4 dozen!)  Been holding off, hoping for the yellow will come in stock at my local store, but now, no reason to wait!   

Love me some Kirkland balls!

Edited by Nessism
  • Like 2

Ping G400 Max driver w/Aldila Rogue 125 Silver
Ping G425 5 wood & hybrid
Ping G30 irons w/Recoil 95

Ping G425 irons w/Accra ICWT 2.0 95
Ping Glide wedges w/Recoil 110
Ping Redwood Anser - the "real deal!"

2 hours ago, CBMC said:

On sale for $27.99 online for both white and yellow thru 10/13. Not sure if they are $7 in stores.

Thanks for the heads up (and thanks also to @Nessism)!

• Thanks 1

PXG 0311 Gen 6 10.5* (Motore X F3 6S)

PXG ‘21 0211 3 & 5 wd (Tensei Blue 75S)

Callaway Mav Pro 4 Hybrid (KBS HYB 80S)

Wilson D9 Forged 5-G (DG105 S300)

Vokey SM8 54.12 and 60.08 (KBS 120 FLT)

TaylorMade Spider GT #3

For anyone who had previously purchased the yellow ones and are upset that they are now available for a cheaper price, you COULD contact Costco customer support online (can’t do it in store) and ask about a refund for the $7/box. I only purchased one so it isn’t worth it to me but if you were inclined, you could get that money back. I’ve done it before on electronics purchased from them online.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, PeterHenric said:

For anyone who had previously purchased the yellow ones and are upset that they are now available for a cheaper price, you COULD contact Costco customer support online (can’t do it in store) and ask about a refund for the $7/box. I only purchased one so it isn’t worth it to me but if you were inclined, you could get that money back. I’ve done it before on electronics purchased from them online.

I'm wondering if they are also $7 off in store.  It's happened before, every time the V2 was on sale online it was also on sale in the warehouse.  I'm checking it out tomorrow.

• Like 1

Tour Edge Exotics:  Irons and Woods

Cleveland:  Wedges

Odyssey:  Putter

Thanks to all for the heads up, just ordered a box of the yellow👍

• Like 1

Ping G400 Max 9.0 - Alta CB 55 R 

Ping G400 5 wood - Alta CB 65 R

PIng G425 Max 7 wood - Alta CB 65 R

Mizuno CLK hybrid - Tensei CK Blue 70 R

Mizuno JPX 923 FliHi 23 & 26 - Recoil ESX R

Maltby TS1 IM 7-GW - Recoil 780 ES Smacwrap R

Cleveland RTX Zipcore 54/12 - Rotex 70 wedge flex

Cleveland RTX Zipcore 58/06- Rotex 70 wedge flex

Odyessey Eleven Tour Lined

17 hours ago, CBMC said:

Well thanks for NOTHING. I was content to wait until next season on the yellow ball. With them not being in stores, being more expensive on line, the golf season quickly running out, and me having plenty of white balls, I was in no rush.

But now you come along with this post and now I'm tempted to pick some up. I hope you're happy with yourself.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Sto Pro Veritate

46 minutes ago, Girevik said:

Well thanks for NOTHING. I was content to wait until next season on the yellow ball. With them not being in stores, being more expensive on line, the golf season quickly running out, and me having plenty of white balls, I was in no rush.

But now you come along with this post and now I'm tempted to pick some up. I hope you're happy with yourself.

Misery loves company  😆

• Haha 1

I might have missed it but has anyone seen the yellow in store or are they online only?

Ping G430 Max with Ping Distanza or MP5 Ladies flex or Grafalloy Pro Launch Blue 45 in Senior

Ping G430 Five Wood Ping Distanza

Ping G430 Seven Wood Ping Distanza

Ping G430 Nine Wood Ping Distanza

Ping i230 5-PW Red Dot + 1"  Recoil Dart 105

Ping i230 Utility Wedge +1" Recoil Dart 105

Ping Glide 4.0 56 Degree ES Red Dot ZZ 115

Scotty Cameron Squareback 2.5 341/2"

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5 35"

Those who have tried yellow and were fans of yellow balls. Have these lived up to your expectations or nothing out of the ordinary? I just asked this as I have plenty of balls. But, see this as my ball of the future. Didn't know if this was worth jumping on the yellow Ksig bandwagon asap or waiting until my stash thins out.

Edited by Tanner25

... I finally had a chance to do a comparison between my Maxfli Tours and V3s for 18 holes. Granted it is only one round but a little wind made the spin comparison perfect timing but the Maxfli was on average 5-10 yds longer off the tee and while some drives were closer the V3 was never the longest ball. More concerning was the V3 was consistently about 1/4- 1/2 club shorter with my irons. At 70 I am not a long hitter and the difference between a 265yd drive and a 255 yd drive is not something I can ignore.

... That said, other than losing a little distance the V3 still does everything I want from my golf ball and at $14 a dozen it is an amazing bargain. I still have 4 dozen left and instead of returning them, I will just use them as gifts for my higher index, less consistent golfing friends. 

• Like 3

Driver:       TM Qi10 ... AutoFlex Dream 7 SF405
Fairway:    TM Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:    Ping G430 22* ... Alta CB Black 70r
                  TM Dhy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r

Irons:         Titleist T200 '23 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:    Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:       Cobra King Sport-60
Ball:           2024 TP5x/2023 Maxfli Tour

I've played all versions of the Kirkland ball, and keep coming back thanks to the price. I was pumped about the yellow ball, thinking it would stand out especially in the fall leaves. I played it the past two weekends, and I unfortunately think that a yellow ball is not for me. I had trouble finding it! I have good vision, but for whatever reason my eyes just cant seem to catch the yellow in grass or leaves.  Oh well, back to the whites!

Anyone else struggle to find their yellow ball if its in a little bit of rough or tall grass?

39 minutes ago, Tanner25 said:

Those who have tried yellow and were fans of yellow balls. Have these lived up to your expectations or nothing out of the ordinary? I just asked this as I have plenty of balls. But, see this as my ball of the future. Didn't know if this was worth jumping on the yellow Ksig bandwagon asap or waiting until my stash thins out.

My "stash" is not as robust as most here but I have about 10 dozen balls.  I don't, however, have yellow balls so I bought a double dozen to "get me through" the rest of the year LOL.  They perform just like the white V3 so difference and the durability is more than adequate.  

I played with a yellow V3 last week and was questioning whether the distance was lacking because with all the b******t being spewed, it's in the back of my mind since I'm not a "long" hitter by an stretch.  Yesterday I played with a TP5 (2019 version) and had the same distances I got with the Ksig V3 with the Ksig a TAD firmer.  The Ksig had a bit more spin which I wish I had yesterday as the greens were rolled at a 14 at a country club I had a guest invite at.  I believe I get about 5 more yards with my current Vice Pro gamer but that's just feel for me and not actually measured.  I would game the Ksig V3 no problem.   My average drive according to my Garmin watch with the Ksig is about 220 - 225.  With the Vice Pro it's about 225-230.  

I game the Ksigs mainly on courses where there's alot of water hazards.  For some reason I always get the batch with the water magnet in them.  If my driver has bee fading all day, I'll hook on into the water when I never hook.  The water to my ball is like the Sirens to sailors ....Irresistible 

As far as going out and stocking up......I got a double dozen and I'm a hoarder when it comes to golf balls.  They will be around for a while.

Edited by wantacigar

19 hours ago, bekgolf said:

I'm wondering if they are also $7 off in store.  It's happened before, every time the V2 was on sale online it was also on sale in the warehouse.  I'm checking it out tomorrow.

Regular price in the warehouse.  I'll order some yellow balls and gloves since they are temporarily the same price online as they are in the store.

Tour Edge Exotics:  Irons and Woods

Cleveland:  Wedges

Odyssey:  Putter

I played a round with the yellow ball exclusively today. No trouble finding it, and I actually really liked the visibility. 

I am forced to admit that I’m just in a driving slump where I’m catching them hard out of the heel and sending them sailing left. Even with all that, I posted a 39 on the front and a 44 on the back, for an 83 (I had one really bad blow up hole where i was so deep in a bush that it took me three tries to get out, or I may have shot 80). Anyway, besides drives I really played a solid, clean game of golf today. And I think the V3 was part of that. I just feel like I know what to expect from it. Maybe it’s a hair shorter, but it’s as predictable as anything else, and I can trust where it’ll go. None of my drives were particularly long today, but none of them would have been long with a different ball; that’s just how bad I was off the tee. I did have one that really ballooned on me on a drive, but that’s rare so it makes me think it’s mostly me. I also had a sand shot that came out really hot and I thought was going to end up 15 yards past. It hit for the first time in the fringe and just stuck like Velcro. It was pretty cool. I was able to putt back on and finish for bogey. 

My only issue with the yellow ball may be durability (see pictures..may need to zoom in on second one to see it well). For the first time in a long time, I did not lose a single ball today. But I’ll have to pull these two from play because of major scuffs (an actual cut on one of them) from wedge play. One of these balls began to develop scuffs on a full wedge shot on the first hole. It held up fine for the rest of the front nine, but I had to retire it for the back nine because the scuff became a cut. No real cart path interaction, minimal tree interaction today. It’s all from clubs and sand. The white V3 may end up being the same way, and this may simply be that I rarely make it through an entire 9 with the same ball to see all the wear. Who knows. 

Either way, it’s hard to argue with the price and with posting one of the best rounds of the year for me. 

IMG_9528.jpeg

IMG_9529.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

PXG 0311 Gen 6 10.5* (Motore X F3 6S)

PXG ‘21 0211 3 & 5 wd (Tensei Blue 75S)

Callaway Mav Pro 4 Hybrid (KBS HYB 80S)

Wilson D9 Forged 5-G (DG105 S300)

Vokey SM8 54.12 and 60.08 (KBS 120 FLT)

TaylorMade Spider GT #3

2 hours ago, ucmike11 said:

I've played all versions of the Kirkland ball, and keep coming back thanks to the price. I was pumped about the yellow ball, thinking it would stand out especially in the fall leaves. I played it the past two weekends, and I unfortunately think that a yellow ball is not for me. I had trouble finding it! I have good vision, but for whatever reason my eyes just cant seem to catch the yellow in grass or leaves.  Oh well, back to the whites!

Anyone else struggle to find their yellow ball if its in a little bit of rough or tall grass?

I love yellow balls.  They are a smig more difficult to see in flight compared to white, for me, but I like the fact that they are easy to find on the fairway, particularly when most of my friends use white balls.  

I could imagine that in places where there are tons of yellow leaves falling on the fairway, that yellow may not be ideal, though.  Fortunately, for me, that's not a problem.  Either way, love me some Kirkland balls.  

• Like 1

13 hours ago, chisag said:

... I finally had a chance to do a comparison between my Maxfli Tours and V3s for 18 holes. Granted it is only one round but a little wind made the spin comparison perfect timing but the Maxfli was on average 5-10 yds longer off the tee and while some drives were closer the V3 was never the longest ball. More concerning was the V3 was consistently about 1/4- 1/2 club shorter with my irons. At 70 I am not a long hitter and the difference between a 265yd drive and a 255 yd drive is not something I can ignore.

... That said, other than losing a little distance the V3 still does everything I want from my golf ball and at $14 a dozen it is an amazing bargain. I still have 4 dozen left and instead of returning them, I will just use them as gifts for my higher index, less consistent golfing friends. 

I get the same results.  They're a little shorter than premium balls.  With that said, I'll be using them this winter here in the PNW.  The leaves are falling and the balls are plugging.  At a $1.17 per ball, I don't mind losing them.  

Edited by soregongolfer
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Tanner25 said:

Is the yellow color like the old yellow project a? Which was a yellow greenish color. which I didn't like.

The other day under the sun, I compared one to a Srixon and they both looked very similar except the Srixon has glitter than the Kirkland does not.  Tonight in my kitchen, however, the Kirklands are just a touch green next to the Srixon.  

Edited by soregongolfer
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, LeftyZach said:

I played a round with the yellow ball exclusively today. No trouble finding it, and I actually really liked the visibility. 

I am forced to admit that I’m just in a driving slump where I’m catching them hard out of the heel and sending them sailing left. Even with all that, I posted a 39 on the front and a 44 on the back, for an 83 (I had one really bad blow up hole where i was so deep in a bush that it took me three tries to get out, or I may have shot 80). Anyway, besides drives I really played a solid, clean game of golf today. And I think the V3 was part of that. I just feel like I know what to expect from it. Maybe it’s a hair shorter, but it’s as predictable as anything else, and I can trust where it’ll go. None of my drives were particularly long today, but none of them would have been long with a different ball; that’s just how bad I was off the tee. I did have one that really ballooned on me on a drive, but that’s rare so it makes me think it’s mostly me. I also had a sand shot that came out really hot and I thought was going to end up 15 yards past. It hit for the first time in the fringe and just stuck like Velcro. It was pretty cool. I was able to putt back on and finish for bogey. 

My only issue with the yellow ball may be durability (see pictures..may need to zoom in on second one to see it well). For the first time in a long time, I did not lose a single ball today. But I’ll have to pull these two from play because of major scuffs (an actual cut on one of them) from wedge play. One of these balls began to develop scuffs on a full wedge shot on the first hole. It held up fine for the rest of the front nine, but I had to retire it for the back nine because the scuff became a cut. No real cart path interaction, minimal tree interaction today. It’s all from clubs and sand. The white V3 may end up being the same way, and this may simply be that I rarely make it through an entire 9 with the same ball to see all the wear. Who knows. 

Either way, it’s hard to argue with the price and with posting one of the best rounds of the year for me. 

IMG_9528.jpeg

IMG_9529.jpeg

If the V3 (White or yellow) make it past 2 holes without a good scuff, it lasts the entire round.  I just don't swing hard enough to cut up balls.  The last yellow I used lasted 16 holes, no problem.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Nessism said:

I love yellow balls.  They are a smig more difficult to see in flight compared to white, for me, but I like the fact that they are easy to find on the fairway,

If I could ever find the fairway, I'd be much less concerned about using high visibility balls!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Sto Pro Veritate

Got my yellows!  They are a little more "green" than a Z-star.  A good color overall.  The cover feel is nice and slick.  I can't wait to get them out on the course!  

• Like 3