2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

Kirkland Signature (Costco) golf balls (MERGED) (NO BST POSTS)

Swoff57

21 hours ago, gioreeko said:

yes, looks like I came through it pretty much 100 percent. Docs are pretty surprised, but I'm in great health they said and that seems to have a lot to do with being able to withstand that. Apparently I was an hour or two from dying, but getting to the hospital right away really helped save my life. Counting my blessings for sure!

First and Foremost... I'm glad you're Ok. I don't want this thread to go Off Topic, but can you share the Symptoms leading up to it....

Even if you PM, That'd be fine...

I'll be 55 in a few months, and just want to take precautions... Thanks.

Here's a thought......

If the Ksig V3 are "spinny" then the newer hollow body irons with "strong" lofts that produce lower spin off the irons should bring the ball spin down to a "normal" or more reasonable level?

Along that thought process then a LS (Low Spin) driver setup, say...Rogue St LS..., would produce lower spin with the ball making the Kirkland a better ball with more "acceptable" spin numbers without any distance loss?  

Just my my mind drifting off at work.......

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, wantacigar said:

Here's a thought......

If the Ksig V3 are "spinny" then the newer hollow body irons with "strong" lofts that produce lower spin off the irons should bring the ball spin down to a "normal" or more reasonable level?

Along that thought process then a LS (Low Spin) driver setup, say...Rogue St LS..., would produce lower spin with the ball making the Kirkland a better ball with more "acceptable" spin numbers without any distance loss?  

Just my my mind drifting off at work.......

Was that your mind drifting off or did you watch the Matt Blois video that published to YouTube yesterday? 😏

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPQifopZ0cg?si=D9Zf9x_PzdIU5f0d

Edited by bhj83
  • Like 3

Callaway Paradym 9*
TaylorMade SiM Max Rocket 14*

Srixon ZX 2 hybrid 16* and 4 hybrid 22*
Srixon ZX7 MKII 5-PW
Cleveland RTX ZipCore6 50, 54, 58
Evnroll EV5.1 with Stability Tour Black
Titleist ProV1X
Bushnell Pro XE Rangefinder | Garmin Approach S70 Watch

22 minutes ago, bhj83 said:

Was that your mind drifting off or did you watch the Matt Blois video that published to YouTube yesterday? 😏

HAHAHAHA

I just watched the video!  WTF!!  I've been looking into new irons and leaning PXG 0211 XCOR2 and know they spin a less than traditionally lofted irons but I'm waiting on the new Kirkland irons supposedly being released 11/1 that are supposed to be P790 killers which means lower iron spin which would suit a Kirkland ball.

They're showing the image of the v2 ball.  I wonder, is he actually hitting the v2, or the v3?  

I had the audio low enough that I couldn't hear it, apologies if it's mentioned...

The Ever Changing Bag!  A lot of mixing and matching
Driver: TM 300 Mini 11.5*, 43.5", Phenom NL 60X -or- Cobra SpeedZone, ProtoPype 80S, 43.5"

Fwy woods: King LTD 3/4, RIP Beta 90X -or- TM Sim2 Ti 3w, NV105 X
Hybrid:  Cobra King Tec 2h, MMT 80 S 

Irons grab bag:  1-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S; 1-PW Golden Ram TW282, RIP Tour 115 R; 2-PW Golden Ram Vibration Matched, NS Pro 950WF S
Wedges:  Dynacraft Dual Millled 52*, SteelFiber i125 S -or- Scratch 8620 DD 53*, SteelFiber i125 S; Cobra Snakebite 56* -or- Wilson Staff PMP 58*, Dynamic S -or- Ram TW282 SW -or- Ram TW276 SW
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34" -or- Cleveland Huntington Beach #1, 34.5" -or- Golden Ram TW Custom, 34" -or- Rife Bimini, 34" -or- Maxfli TM-2, 35"
Balls: Chrome Soft, Kirkland Signature 3pc (v3)

Grip preference: various GripMaster leather options, Best Grips Microperfs, or Star Grip Sidewinders of assorted colors

He hit the v2 and said in the comments he'll try to track down the v3.

• Thanks 1

Driver: Sim OG 8* (-2g), Diamana ZF 40x

3wood: Sim Ti Rocket @13*, Aldila NV Green 55x

5wood: Sim Ti @18*, Aldila NV Green 55x

4i-GW: Ke4 Max (-8g), SMT Bassara 65x +1"

SW: CBX2 52*, Rotex Precision 90g wedge flex

LW: Tour Grind MG 60*

P: 2013 Scotty Cameron Newport Black, Pistolero

Grips: Lamkin Crossline 58r Standard

Ball: TP5X 2019/2024

18 minutes ago, PeterHenric said:

That's guys swing is just insane. The repetition and striking is making me jealous. It is very interesting that he was smart enough to try the same ball with different clubs to see what the outcome is. A ball that is too spinny with one set of irons can be perfect for another set.

... Peter here is the good news. Golf isn't about the golf swing as much as it is about playing golf. I just watched a video where Matt says he shoots in the mid to upper 70's. One would think with that swing he is radically under achieving but again, golf is a multi textured game and a good or even great swing is only part of the equation. So plenty of hope for less than ideal swings for those that know how to actually play golf and maximize their ability. 

• Like 3

Driver:       TM Qi10 ... AutoFlex Dream 7 SF405
Fairway:    TM Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:    Ping G430 22* ... Alta CB Black 70r
                  TM Dhy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r

Irons:         Titleist T200 '23 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:    Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:       Cobra King Sport-60
Ball:           2024 TP5x/2023 Maxfli Tour

32 minutes ago, chisag said:

... Peter here is the good news. Golf isn't about the golf swing as much as it is about playing golf. I just watched a video where Matt says he shoots in the mid to upper 70's. One would think with that swing he is radically under achieving but again, golf is a multi textured game and a good or even great swing is only part of the equation. So plenty of hope for less than ideal swings for those that know how to actually play golf and maximize their ability. 

I played with a guy this past weekend. From his swing and ball flight - youd think he was a mid/high cap. Ball was never more than 10-15ft in the air. Curved a bit off the tee in both directions. Not a “pretty swing”. He was sub 80 im sure. If he was over, itd be no more than 83-85. 

pretty looking swing means nothing to score, its a results oriented game. 

Edited by jpdx
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, PeterHenric said:

A ball that is too spinny with one set of irons can be perfect for another set.

Back in the day, I was using fairly spinny balls with a set of Mizuno blades (Maxfli A10 or M3, or Precept U Tri Tour).  I got decent distances, consistent but perhaps a bit shorter than I'd have expected.  On a lark, I gave a look at the Precept U-Tri Extra Spin; it was suggested for higher spin, higher speed players.  I was definitely higher spin, and borderline higher speed at the time.  

When I put that UTri ES into play, I got a jump in iron distance that was 1.5 to 2 full clubs.  It was insane.  At first I thought I was getting a couple fliers, but it was consistent, until I ran out of the balls.  Turns out, I was getting on the bandwagon just as it was breaking down (it was discontinued).  Oh well.

Then, there's....

It can also be that way with driver.  It's something I ran into 20+ years ago...

In the early golf ball days for Callaway, when they came out with the HX Red and HX Blue, they also sold a two piece version of both.  The two piece models were surprisingly close to the performance of the 3 piece balls (or so it seemed to me), which is probably why they did away with them.  LOL

What I found was, I would be terribly short off the tee with the Red and Driver A, while the Blue with Drive A was a winner.  And, the Red would work great with Driver B, while the Blue went nowhere with Driver B.

Great fun

• Like 1

The Ever Changing Bag!  A lot of mixing and matching
Driver: TM 300 Mini 11.5*, 43.5", Phenom NL 60X -or- Cobra SpeedZone, ProtoPype 80S, 43.5"

Fwy woods: King LTD 3/4, RIP Beta 90X -or- TM Sim2 Ti 3w, NV105 X
Hybrid:  Cobra King Tec 2h, MMT 80 S 

Irons grab bag:  1-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S; 1-PW Golden Ram TW282, RIP Tour 115 R; 2-PW Golden Ram Vibration Matched, NS Pro 950WF S
Wedges:  Dynacraft Dual Millled 52*, SteelFiber i125 S -or- Scratch 8620 DD 53*, SteelFiber i125 S; Cobra Snakebite 56* -or- Wilson Staff PMP 58*, Dynamic S -or- Ram TW282 SW -or- Ram TW276 SW
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34" -or- Cleveland Huntington Beach #1, 34.5" -or- Golden Ram TW Custom, 34" -or- Rife Bimini, 34" -or- Maxfli TM-2, 35"
Balls: Chrome Soft, Kirkland Signature 3pc (v3)

Grip preference: various GripMaster leather options, Best Grips Microperfs, or Star Grip Sidewinders of assorted colors

13 hours ago, bhj83 said:

Watched the video with my BF, and Matt liked the ball on everything but the driver where the ball spun a bit much for him, but for mortals like the rest of us, the ball should be a great fit for just about anyone. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, HulaGolfMom said:

Watched the video with my BF, and Matt liked the ball on everything but the driver where the ball spun a bit much for him, but for mortals like the rest of us, the ball should be a great fit for just about anyone. 

My swing speed is around what Matty boys is, 117-120 or so, and I use low spin drivers. The V3 has a much more piercing trajectory I've found, maybe a few yards shorter than my longest balls, but not worth not using on days I'm struggling. 

• Like 1

Driver: PING G425 LST/Callaway Epic Speed LS
3 wood: Taylormade mini 300
2 Hybrid Callaway Maverick

4 Hybrid Taylormade Superfast

5-UW: Ping i210
Maltby TSW sand wedge

Odyssey OG 2 Ball stroke lab
Titleist ProV1 left dash/Snell MTB-X/Vice Pro Plus

6 hours ago, gioreeko said:

My swing speed is around what Matty boys is, 117-120 or so, and I use low spin drivers. The V3 has a much more piercing trajectory I've found, maybe a few yards shorter than my longest balls, but not worth not using on days I'm struggling. 

Know what you mean!

The other day had an outing at a country club.  Nice course.  There were opportunities to lose a ball on every shot.  If it wasn't a gully that dropped off 2-3 yards off the fairway to rough so thick that if your ball ran through the fairway by a yard or two you would lose the ball unless you stepped on it to a green surrounded by water.  I had a case of the "rights" that day with my driver.  Lost a sleeve of Vice Pro by the 9th hole and switched to the Kirkland yellow.  Lost that sleeve by the end of the round.  

Boy! first time in a long time I couldn't wait for the round to be over and get to the cocktail hour and dinner.  Then to top it off the food wasn't great.  Oh Well, a bad day of golf is better than a good day at work.  😃

• Like 1

3 hours ago, snagy2000 said:

Yup, and this was with V2...He'll bomb V3 with driver...

I told him I'd send him a few sleeves but he said he'll get them soon

Maltby TSW sand wedge

1 hour ago, PeterHenric said:

Enlighten me, I have no idea what that means.

Never mind. Just had to google it.

I google it, and still don't know. Enlighten us please

Maltby TSW sand wedge

5 hours ago, gioreeko said:

I google it, and still don't know. Enlighten us please

Technically leaving CEO role in January, but you get it, just a change in leadership...New guy better not discontinue the Pot Pie or I'm gonzo... 😂

https://nypost.com/2023/10/19/costco-ceo-craig-jelinek-to-step-down-after-11-years-at-the-helm/

• Haha 2

Played a whole round of 18 this morning with ONE of the yellow balls. I’m happy to say it made it the entire round and could probably have kept being played if it had been necessary. Some decent scuffs, but no cuts and no gashes. 

also I tried the yellow ball against the OG 4 piece ball off driver today. It is definitely longer than the yellow v3, but I’m still very happy with the V3!

• Like 3

PXG 0311 Gen 6 10.5* (Motore X F3 6S)

PXG ‘21 0211 3 & 5 wd (Tensei Blue 75S)

Callaway Mav Pro 4 Hybrid (KBS HYB 80S)

Wilson D9 Forged 5-G (DG105 S300)

Vokey SM8 54.12 and 60.08 (KBS 120 FLT)

TaylorMade Spider GT #3

My first round with the V3 yellow also, and I liked it.  The feel was better than I was expecting, and I didn't notice any lack of distance.  Gave one to my ProV1 loving buddy, and he liked it also.  I definitely like the V3 over the V2, and I'm looking forward to the next round.

• Like 3

Ping G400 Max driver w/Aldila Rogue 125 Silver
Ping G425 5 wood & hybrid
Ping G30 irons w/Recoil 95

Ping G425 irons w/Accra ICWT 2.0 95
Ping Glide wedges w/Recoil 110
Ping Redwood Anser - the "real deal!"

5 minutes ago, Nessism said:

My first round with the V3 yellow also, and I liked it. 

Driver:       TM Qi10 ... AutoFlex Dream 7 SF405
Fairway:    TM Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:    Ping G430 22* ... Alta CB Black 70r
                  TM Dhy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r

Irons:         Titleist T200 '23 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:    Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:       Cobra King Sport-60
Ball:           2024 TP5x/2023 Maxfli Tour

On 10/19/2023 at 8:10 AM, wantacigar said:

Just wondering if anyone with their "Costco Connections" know if the irons have hit the computer in the stores yet?  The release date on that leaked page was 11/1

I'm itching!

Nothing but all that really means is the store isn’t getting it. The yellow ball still doesn’t show up. Where done with golf stuff NE.

Just wondering.........

Everyone has been comparing the V3 to the ProV-1, which I get since the ProV is the gold standard and deservedly so.  People in here have also did comparisons with the Vice and Maxfli which, in my opinion, are just about equal to the ProV.

HOWEVER, has anyone done any comparison (on and off course) with any other ball in the same "category" as the Kirkland?

Such as the QStar Tour, PXG, Snell Prime, Oncore Elixr (2022 version), Taylor Made, Bridgestone, or any other 3 piece urethane (TPU) ball in the $25-$40 range?  

Just wondering if they are right there with them in distance, spin, durability, etc.  I'm sure they have to at least be equal to some of these, if not better.