Kirkland Signature (Costco) golf balls (MERGED) (NO BST POSTS)

Swoff57

1 hour ago, dondanger said:

I know this is a discussion regarding the yellow v4 balls right now, but has anyone experienced inconsistency with the kirkland gloves?  Some are thicker leather than others.  Lot of variation in thickness.

18 minutes ago, AU_Matt said:

I had this exact same experience, but gave up on them after I wore out a whole pack of gloves over the course of 4 rounds and 8-10 range sessions. This despite taking the glove off between shots on course, laying out to dry, etc. I picked up a 2 pack of cheap-ish footjoy gloves from walmart which have lasted over twice as long with no changes in care routine.

I've had some stretch out, but I've not had the durability issues described above.  In fact, I had a package of four gloves last for nearly two years, before a couple started to tear from the wear and constant wet-then-dry transitions of being a golf glove that I use (I run a bit warm).

for what that's worth  <shrug>

• Like 1

The Ever Changing Bag!  A lot of mixing and matching
Driver: TM 300 Mini 11.5*, 43.5", Phenom NL 60X -or- Cobra SpeedZone, ProtoPype 80S, 43.5"

Fwy woods: King LTD 3/4, RIP Beta 90X -or- TM Sim2 Ti 3w, NV105 X
Hybrid:  Cobra King Tec 2h, MMT 80 S 

Irons grab bag:  1-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S; 1-PW Golden Ram TW282, RIP Tour 115 R; 2-PW Golden Ram Vibration Matched, NS Pro 950WF S
Wedges:  Dynacraft Dual Millled 52*, SteelFiber i125 S -or- Scratch 8620 DD 53*, SteelFiber i125 S; Cobra Snakebite 56* -or- Wilson Staff PMP 58*, Dynamic S -or- Ram TW282 SW -or- Ram TW276 SW
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34" -or- Cleveland Huntington Beach #1, 34.5" -or- Golden Ram TW Custom, 34" -or- Rife Bimini, 34" -or- Maxfli TM-2, 35"
Balls: Chrome Soft, Kirkland Signature 3pc (v3)

Grip preference: various GripMaster leather options, Best Grips Microperfs, or Star Grip Sidewinders of assorted colors

It's been a couple of years since I've worn a glove, but when I did it was the Kirkland. I found theme extremely durable replaced them when they started to get old and brittle. I don't recall ever wearing a hole or stretching one. But maybe they've changed since I wore them. I also have little stubby fingers which may prevent stretching.

Sto Pro Veritate

9 hours ago, chisag said:

... One of the reasons I'd hate to be in Product Development for any golf equipment. I am not a fan of yellow balls but when I make the switch when my eyes eventually start to fail me I prefer the little bit of sparkle. Sitting on the ground you don't see it of course, only in your hand and up close. But the flat yellow looks like a range ball, a factory reject or maybe a joke exploding ball and I would never play one. My favorite ball, the Maxfli Tour has the same flat yellow looking cover as the V3 so not playing that one either, but if they were sparkly I might give one a try. Of course the next guy may feel completely opposite and never play a sparkly yellow ball that looks like their daughter made it in her kindergarten class. 🧜‍♀️  Ya just can't please everyone. 

I used to hate the Srixon sparkly yellow and now it is growing on me. With that said, give me a shiny flat yellow any time! The Soft Feel yellow is my all time favorite. Looking forward to the Ksig in yellow. 

Edited by Tanner25
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Tanner25 said:

I used to hate the Srixon sparkly yellow and now it is growing on me. With that said, give me a shiny flat yellow any time! Thei Soft Feel yellow is my all time favorite. Looking forward to the Ksig in yellow. 

I love the Srixon soft feel.  But I feel Srixon are criminally underrated in all their products. However I really like the Kirkie ball and I can’t wait to try them in yellow.  I play mostly yellow golf balls now anyway.  

Edited by LeftyCanuck11
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, chisag said:

... One of the reasons I'd hate to be in Product Development for any golf equipment. I am not a fan of yellow balls but when I make the switch when my eyes eventually start to fail me I prefer the little bit of sparkle. Sitting on the ground you don't see it of course, only in your hand and up close. But the flat yellow looks like a range ball, a factory reject or maybe a joke exploding ball and I would never play one. My favorite ball, the Maxfli Tour has the same flat yellow looking cover as the V3 so not playing that one either, but if they were sparkly I might give one a try. Of course the next guy may feel completely opposite and never play a sparkly yellow ball that looks like their daughter made it in her kindergarten class. 🧜‍♀️  Ya just can't please everyone. 

I don't currently have any of the Maxfli Tour yellow balls but having seen them before and having the yellow v3 right now, in my opinion the "neon" yellow of the v3 isn't is the same as the Maxfli Tour yellow.  Also, even though there is no "glitter" in the v3, I would not classify it as "flat" yellow or standard range ball yellow.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, cardigan said:

I don't currently have any of the Maxfli Tour yellow balls but having seen them before and having the yellow v3 right now, in my opinion the "neon" yellow of the v3 isn't is the same as the Maxfli Tour yellow.  Also, even though there is no "glitter" in the v3, I would not classify it as "flat" yellow or standard range ball yellow.  

... I will certainly bow to your yellow expertise as I am not a yellow aficionado. I have found a few Srixon and Titleist yellow balls that looked much better to my eye than the flattish yellow Maxfli I saw in the store. I was gonna give yellow a try but the Maxfli's just looked really cheap to me. Again, I am not their target audience anyway so my opinion should count for very little. 🤷‍♂️  

Driver:       TM Qi10 ... AutoFlex Dream 7 SF405
Fairway:    TM Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:    Ping G430 22* ... Alta CB Black 70r
                  TM Dhy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r

Irons:         Titleist T200 '23 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:    Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:       Cobra King Sport-60
Ball:           2024 TP5x/2023 Maxfli Tour

8 hours ago, chisag said:

... I will certainly bow to your yellow expertise as I am not a yellow aficionado. I have found a few Srixon and Titleist yellow balls that looked much better to my eye than the flattish yellow Maxfli I saw in the store. I was gonna give yellow a try but the Maxfli's just looked really cheap to me. Again, I am not their target audience anyway so my opinion should count for very little. 🤷‍♂️  

The V3 yellow is a bit more "yellow highlighter" than the maxfli.

• Like 4

On 10/2/2023 at 10:56 AM, NRJyzr said:

I've had some stretch out, but I've not had the durability issues described above.  In fact, I had a package of four gloves last for nearly two years, before a couple started to tear from the wear and constant wet-then-dry transitions of being a golf glove that I use (I run a bit warm).

for what that's worth  <shrug>

I've found the glove quality a bit inconsistent from package to package.  Some gloves with longer fingers, some with thin spots in the leather.  Nothing egregious, though.  I just bought another pack a week back!  I think they are an even better value than the balls!

• Like 3

Ping G400 Max driver w/Aldila Rogue 125 Silver
Ping G425 5 wood & hybrid
Ping G30 irons w/Recoil 95

Ping G425 irons w/Accra ICWT 2.0 95
Ping Glide wedges w/Recoil 110
Ping Redwood Anser - the "real deal!"

18 minutes ago, Nessism said:

I've found the glove quality a bit inconsistent from package to package.  Some gloves with longer fingers, some with thin spots in the leather.  Nothing egregious, though.  I just bought another pack a week back!  I think they are an even better value than the balls!

I've seen similar things.  But, I've seen things like that with more expensive gloves.  Factoring in the $5/glove (or so), I'm totally cool with those small issues.  🙂

• Like 2

The Ever Changing Bag!  A lot of mixing and matching
Driver: TM 300 Mini 11.5*, 43.5", Phenom NL 60X -or- Cobra SpeedZone, ProtoPype 80S, 43.5"

Fwy woods: King LTD 3/4, RIP Beta 90X -or- TM Sim2 Ti 3w, NV105 X
Hybrid:  Cobra King Tec 2h, MMT 80 S 

Irons grab bag:  1-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S; 1-PW Golden Ram TW282, RIP Tour 115 R; 2-PW Golden Ram Vibration Matched, NS Pro 950WF S
Wedges:  Dynacraft Dual Millled 52*, SteelFiber i125 S -or- Scratch 8620 DD 53*, SteelFiber i125 S; Cobra Snakebite 56* -or- Wilson Staff PMP 58*, Dynamic S -or- Ram TW282 SW -or- Ram TW276 SW
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34" -or- Cleveland Huntington Beach #1, 34.5" -or- Golden Ram TW Custom, 34" -or- Rife Bimini, 34" -or- Maxfli TM-2, 35"
Balls: Chrome Soft, Kirkland Signature 3pc (v3)

Grip preference: various GripMaster leather options, Best Grips Microperfs, or Star Grip Sidewinders of assorted colors

8 hours ago, PeterHenric said:

Got my first round in with the yellow V3 and I don’t have anything negative to say about it. Distances were what I am used to compared to the Maxfli Tour X. There was only one time where my ball backed up a little farther than usual when I hit the green. There are a couple scuffs on the ball but I only noticed them when I closely examined the ball after the round. I’m a fan. 

I have to say regarding the V3.  I've been playing it since the Spring and I do think they are not as long as my Vice Pro or the Maxfli Tour which I have both.  We're talking 5 yards, maybe.  HOWEVER, The stopping power into the green is FANTASTIC. That 40-50 yard pitch shot into the green either stops dead, back up about 1 foot.  I've thinned it into the green and got a 1 hop and stop next to the pin where sometimes other balls would roll out to the back of the green on a similar shot.  For every "negative" someone may point out about the ball there is a positive that counters it.  I'm a 16 hcp that has stretches where I play to a 12-14.  I'll have a day where I shoot an 82 and a 92 the next day.  LOL.  The Ksig V3 is the perfect ball for me.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, NRJyzr said:

I've seen similar things.  But, I've seen things like that with more expensive gloves.  Factoring in the $5/glove (or so), I'm totally cool with those small issues.  🙂

My biggest issue is the thumb is too long on some of them and I had one pack that two of the four were way mis-sized.  

Had to be smalls (supposed to be medium) as I couldn't even begin to get them on my hand.

Also had two that the back tore out but that's not a big deal considering the price and Costco's return policy.

I hate dirty and worn gloves and the Kirkland price point makes it easy to always have a pretty fresh one and use the others on the range.

Ping G430 Max with Ping Distanza or MP5 Ladies flex or Grafalloy Pro Launch Blue 45 in Senior

Ping G430 Five Wood Ping Distanza

Ping G430 Seven Wood Ping Distanza

Ping G430 Nine Wood Ping Distanza

Ping i230 5-PW Red Dot + 1"  Recoil Dart 105

Ping i230 Utility Wedge +1" Recoil Dart 105

Ping Glide 4.0 56 Degree ES Red Dot ZZ 115

Scotty Cameron Squareback 2.5 341/2"

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5 35"

My yellow v3's arrived yesterday. I should be able to get in 9 after work and possibly 36 tomorrow. I'm definitely playing 36 on Saturday and 18 on Sunday and intend to use the yellow v3.

• Like 2

Taylor Made BRNR 11.5*

Taylor Made Stealth 2 + 5 wood

Honma TR21 7 wood

Honma TW-X 5-11

Edel SMS 54*, 58*

Scotty Cameron Newport 2

I've never had a problem with the gloves.  I buy the largest size XL.  They all feel a little "snug" and by the 2nd hole they've stretched enough to now fit like a glove (😆).  I generally get 10-20 rounds out of a glove depending upon how humid it is and how much I sweat.  The only other gloves I've used in the past few years is the wet gloves for rainy days and winter gloves if it drops below 40*.

3 hours ago, PeterHenric said:

For the people who have issues with the gloves not all fitting uniform, here’s what I would do. Buy 3 packs, choose the 4 that fit best, combine the rest into the other 2 packs and return them.

This gentleman is playing chess and the rest of us are playing checkers!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

PXG 0311 Gen 6 10.5* (Motore X F3 6S)

PXG ‘21 0211 3 & 5 wd (Tensei Blue 75S)

Callaway Mav Pro 4 Hybrid (KBS HYB 80S)

Wilson D9 Forged 5-G (DG105 S300)

Vokey SM8 54.12 and 60.08 (KBS 120 FLT)

TaylorMade Spider GT #3

On 9/30/2023 at 1:54 PM, Ger21 said:

Can anyone compare the firmness of the V3 to  a Vice Pro Plus? Yellow specifically. If the V3 is softer than the V3, I might make the switch.

I have played them all including the Vice Pro Plus and just got the V3 Kirkland. All I've done so far is chip around and putt with the V3 and can tell the Kirkland "feels" relatively firm. The firmness feel of the Vice Pro Plus differs from say a Srixon Z Star XV. Both the Srixon XV and ProV1 for me, has a very sharp firmness feel across all the clubs and putter. The Vice Pro Plus, for me, has more of a dull firm feel. With that said, I can say the Kirkland V3 feels more like an XV or Pro V1 chipping and putting and less like a Vice Pro Plus. 

4 hours ago, theunartist said:

I have played them all including the Vice Pro Plus and just got the V3 Kirkland. All I've done so far is chip around and putt with the V3 and can tell the Kirkland "feels" relatively firm. The firmness feel of the Vice Pro Plus differs from say a Srixon Z Star XV. Both the Srixon XV and ProV1 for me, has a very sharp firmness feel across all the clubs and putter. The Vice Pro Plus, for me, has more of a dull firm feel. With that said, I can say the Kirkland V3 feels more like an XV or Pro V1 chipping and putting and less like a Vice Pro Plus. 

Great insight, thanks! I definitely like the firm/clickly feel/sound of the XV, so that is helpful info.

Played another round today and struggled with the driver. Assuming this ball is “spinny” the way MGS says, I feel like (for me) it amplifies a fade or draw into the dreaded slice or hook. Good drives went where I thought they should but I had more slices than I am used to. Another round on Tuesday will give me a better feel for it. 

On 10/4/2023 at 7:14 PM, purefish152 said:

Great insight, thanks! I definitely like the firm/clickly feel/sound of the XV, so that is helpful info.

Agree w the above poster. But would add that the Kirkland feels harder on full shots than even the XV does, since he only reported on chipping. 

pro plus is a bit softer feel than all of those. But the Kirkland is definitely the hardest. I’d use the word hard more than firm, tbh. 

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, PeterHenric said:

Played another round today and struggled with the driver. Assuming this ball is “spinny” the way MGS says, I feel like (for me) it amplifies a fade or draw into the dreaded slice or hook. Good drives went where I thought they should but I had more slices than I am used to. Another round on Tuesday will give me a better feel for it. 

Agree here, mostly. I think there is some level of amplification of side spin on these balls. 

Having said that, i have *also* noticed in general that when I catch one out of the heel (my normal miss) and put a slice on it, it doesn’t much matter what ball was hit. On my poor driving days, the Pro V1 was in the lake, out of bounds, or in the rough. Perhaps it was 5 yards less left, but it doesn’t really make a difference when it’s sailing left never to be seen again! I’ve never had the ball work against side spin to such an extent that it straightens out a poor drive. I’ve also experienced what you said: good drives go where I think they should, and I’ll add that the really good ones are just about as long as any other ball, maybe only 5-7 yards shorter. 

• Like 2

PXG 0311 Gen 6 10.5* (Motore X F3 6S)

PXG ‘21 0211 3 & 5 wd (Tensei Blue 75S)

Callaway Mav Pro 4 Hybrid (KBS HYB 80S)

Wilson D9 Forged 5-G (DG105 S300)

Vokey SM8 54.12 and 60.08 (KBS 120 FLT)

TaylorMade Spider GT #3

On 10/4/2023 at 5:44 PM, theunartist said:

The Vice Pro Plus, for me, has more of a dull firm feel.

To me, the  Pro Plus is the best (softest?) feeling of the "X" balls.

• Like 2

Srixon Z545 8.5° - Aldila RIP Phenom 50 A
Honma TW747 3HL (16.5°) - Tour AD-IZ 7S

Honma TW747 7 wood - Attas 5 GoGo 7S

Honma TW-X 3 iron - Vizzard 85S (alternates with LW)

4-PW 2015 OnOff Forged Kuro - AMT Tour White X100 SSx2

50°-08 - Fourteen RM-4 - AMT X100
56°-10 - Fourteen RM-4 H grind - AMT X100
64°-10 - Callaway Jaws Full Toe Black - Dynamic Gold Spinner (alternates with 3 iron)

Piretti Cottonwood II, 375g - KBS GPS, P2 Aware Tour

Grips - Star Sidewinder 360

Maxfli Tour Yellow

Vessel Player III - Iridium

Played in a Scramble outing yesterday on a coastal course that has swirling winds with the Yellow Kirkland V3.  Winds weren't bad, about 8-15 mph but swirling.  I made several club choices that didn't factor wind and paid the distance price.  That being said the Kirkland still don't perform admirably in the wind but I expected that. They weren't "bad" by any stretch but didn't cut through the wind like the Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour.  I felt that I had a little bit of loss in distance over the Vice or Maxfli of about 5-7 yards on the driver and maybe 3-5 on the longer irons.  Irons 8-wedges are the same.  Driver was hard to tell if there were real distance loss because the fairways were still very wet from the 9 inches of rain we had last Friday and Saturday here on Long Island.  There were still 2 holes closed due to standing water.  There was no roll out.  Driver distance was all carry save for maybe a 5 yard roll out on a fairway or two.  My driver was carrying 215-225 in the windy conditions so I was happy with that.  My normal driver carry in calm conditions is generally 225-230 when hit well.  Heely or Toe strikes are usually 5-10 yards shorter on average.  The yellow ball spin is no different than the white.  I played the same ball for 16 holes with a bunker shot or two and a run in with the cart path and saw no durability issues other than normal wear you would get with any ball.  No noticeable scuffs.  The yellow is as durable as the white.  I can still play the ball I have for at least another 9 or possibly 18.  I feel these balls will compete with 95% of the urethane balls out there.  True, ProV-1, Vice Pro, Maxfli Tour, Wilson Staff, Callaway Chrome Soft, and TP5 may be superior and give you a few more yards, perfect spin, etc. but there are only 1% of golfers out there that can ACTUALLY notice those differences.  For the VAST MAJORITY of golfers on the planet, the Kirkland V3 can compete with any ball out there provided that the "Feel" fits the golfer.  I know they are superior to some of the other 3 piece urethane balls out there on the market that I've played that cost between $28-$40 per dozen.  Not going to name them because that's a debate I don't want to get into because that's my perception.  

If you were to take the Kirkland branding off the ball and another 10-15 other mid-tier urethane balls and did a blind test, they would have a VERY hard time deciphering what balls were best other than personal preference or feel.

Edited by wantacigar
  • Like 1

On 10/6/2023 at 10:45 AM, wantacigar said:

If you were to take the Kirkland branding off the ball and another 10-15 other mid-tier urethane balls and did a blind test, they would have a VERY hard time deciphering what balls were best other than personal preference or feel.

Yup!!! And to be quite honest, the only reason I have NOT to play Kirkland/Costco ball is the logo. I'm an artist and I look at designs and colors all day, and that Kirkland logo is simply unattractive, LOL! But I like the ball, the value it represents and perfroms as well as I strike it...

• Like 1

On 10/3/2023 at 2:39 PM, NRJyzr said:

On 10/2/2023 at 3:41 PM, Jersey golfer said:

I have found the glove sizes within the same package to be inconsistent. 

Yeah,  the quality control on all of the brands seems poor.  I would never just purchase gloves without trying them on.  About a quarter of any batch seems to fit right. Inconsistent finger length and hand size in every box.

• Like 1

Titleist TSR3 9° Fujikura Ventus VC Red 5S

Titleist TS3 3w 13.5° HZRDUS Black 70

Titleist TS3 19°  hybrid Tensei Blue/Titleist TS3 23° Tensei Blue

Titleist T150 5-pw Nippon Pro Modus 125

Vokey SM8 50° F & 56° M SM9 60°M

Cameron Newport w/ flow neck by Lamont/ Cameron Del Mar