Mizuno JPX 900 drivers

KT35

Finally hit the JPX 900 driver (and one 3 wood off the tee) today. No practice, smaller grip that's I'm used, not even set up for me.

Put the weights in toe and heel set at 10.5 degrees. 661X flex speeder shaft.

I have no words for what that beautiful club was doing to that poor ball. My toe hits were getting out there at 295 (which is where my current driver was going on a good hit). My best center strikes were getting 310-315. My bad lower flight cut became a nice higher draw. This driver wouldn't even let me hit 3 woods into long par 5's..

I don't know what else to say. Honest to god, the best driver I've ever hit. I was hitting controlled drives, I was hitting all out go for it drives, I was hitting a few bad drives that all either found the fairway or went through the bend into the rough because I didn't think I could drive it that danged long to begin with!

You are hitting it 310-315 and toe hits 295 with a max swing speed of 110? Low flight cuts are becoming nice higher draws? Must have been something wrong with the 900 jpx driver that i had......Mine was just another good quality driver that hit normal golf shots.

Comparing my old driver to this one, that's what I was seeing on the course.

Nothing wrong with my 900 shafted with a Speeder EVO III 661 x flex but decided to test another shaft for the hell of it. Buddy owns a golf shop and he was getting a Masters soecial edition Atmos ready to put in his current driver (Ping g400 LST). I commented on how sweet the shaft looked and he goes to one of his shaft bins and pulls out the Folds of Honor soecial edition Atmos (basically an Atmos Blue with different graphics)! Was even a 7X! So he is putting a Mizuno tip on it for me to test out. Gonna look sweet with the shaft graphics going very well with the blue Mizuno head!

Ive had the 900 with 569 Evo II in stiff for about 2 months and was wondering where some of you were placing the weights? I have been using one in the draw slot and the other in the low spin front channel and feel this gives me a more solid feel, little draw, and best distance.

Here are my best settings this far this season:

661S

Weights in center channel positions 2-3

ASP in neutral setting

Love this thing!

PXG GEN6 0311 10.5*DRIVER/FUJI RED VELOCORE 6S/GP TW WHT

PXG GEN5 0311XF 17*FAIRWAY/FUJI MOTORE X F3 7S/GP TW WHT

PXG GEN3 0311XP 3 IRON/TT ELEVATE TOUR S/WINN DT WRAP

PXG GEN3 0311P 4-PW/TT ELEVATE TOUR S/WINN DT WRAP

PXG GEN4 0311P GW/TT ELEVATE TOUR S/WINN DT WRAP

PXG SD II WEDGES/56/13&62/10/TT ELEVATE TOUR S/GP TW BLK

MACHINE M2A 1018RAW CS PUTTER/ACCRA I-STEEL/SS FLAT 1.0

I just got mine. Admittedly, I've only play 2 round with it. So far I have the both weights in center channel. So far it's very one and pretty forgiving. Hit 10/14 fairways yesterday and not all were good swings. Distance-wise I know I've gained some but not sure exactly how much.

Mizuno JPX900 EvoIII S (weights center channel port 1 & 2)
Mizuno GT190 Atmos Blue 6S
Mizuno CLK 19* Speeder EVO HB S
Titleist 4i AMT S300
Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 5-G KBS Tour
Mizuno S18 54.8/58.8
Carbon Ringo 1/4
Balls : 2017 ProV1x / KSig / Vice Pro+

I'm getting a hiiiiiiigh ball flight with the speeder 569 regular. It doesn't really balloon, it's just high. I prob have too much backspin because I rarely get any rollout. I've currently got the club set at 10.5U. I'll try lowering that loft to see if I get any more roll out. or maybe I'll try the weights in the center channel toward the face (currently in toe and heel)

Well the JPX is a great driver it just can't kick my Mp 650 out of the bag. I have a like new head and adapter plus 2 extra weights heading to eBay soon. It just makes me mad because I love the head but I just can't give up the 650! Maybe I'll paint the old mp blue! Lol!

-Taylormade BRNR 11.5* set at 9.5* Ventus Red TR 7X playing 44.25”
-Mizuno STz 230 hybrid 16* set at 15* Ventus Blue 8X

-Mizuno STz 230 hybrid 19* Ventus Blue 9X

-Mizuno JPX 923 Forged4&5, Tour 6-PW Project X LS 6.5
-Titleist Vokey SM9 50F set to 51*, 56D, & 62M set to 61*

-Mizuno M-Craft OMOI Type 1 Blue Putter

Well the JPX is a great driver it just can't kick my Mp 650 out of the bag. I have a like new head and adapter plus 2 extra weights heading to eBay soon. It just makes me mad because I love the head but I just can't give up the 650! Maybe I'll paint the old mp blue! Lol!
Wow, not often a 5-year old driver can beat out a current one. I was playing a 6-7 year old Callaway and picked up an easy 10mph in ball speed.

"We're not here for a long time... we're here for a good time." 

Mizuno JPX 900 Driver w/ Speeder Evo II 661 Stiff
Mizuno JPX 900 3W, 5W w/ Speeder Evo II 661 Stiff
Titleist AP3 4, 5 irons w/ Project X LZ 6.0
Titleist AP2 6 - GW irons w/ Project X LZ 6.0

Callaway Jaws Tour Grey 54S & 58x w/ Project X LZ 6.0O

Odyssey 2-Ball Ten Tour Lined
Shapland Stand Bag 2.3

Clicgear 4.0

I've read this entire thread...I'm really tempted. Like most normal folks, I don't need to buy a new driver but....

I'm currently hitting a Titleist 913 D3 set to about 9.25*. When I hit it well, it's awesome but it is a bit penal on misses.

If I do decide to grab one, I'm not sure if I should go 661 or 569. I usually play standard stiff shafts, about a 150 yard 8 iron (last time I got any #'s on my swing was about 7 years ago & I think I was swinging a 6 iron about 84-86 mph).

Anyway, it sure does look good! Are you guys still loving this driver? How about any 3 wood love? Thanks guys.

I've read this entire thread...I'm really tempted. Like most normal folks, I don't need to buy a new driver but....

I'm currently hitting a Titleist 913 D3 set to about 9.25*. When I hit it well, it's awesome but it is a bit penal on misses.

If I do decide to grab one, I'm not sure if I should go 661 or 569. I usually play standard stiff shafts, about a 150 yard 8 iron (last time I got any #'s on my swing was about 7 years ago & I think I was swinging a 6 iron about 84-86 mph).

Anyway, it sure does look good! Are you guys still loving this driver? How about any 3 wood love? Thanks guys.

I move from a 915D3 and had the same experience as you with misses. They just spun too much. I prefer drivers shaft in the 60g's so I went with the 661. I did demo the 757 but it felt a bit heavy to me - did not try the 569. Swing speed-wise we are close, I'm at 82-84 6i.

So far I've had it out for 2 rounds and definitely improved over the 915 especially on the misses. Good vs good not sure there is/was much of a difference, maybe a few more yards with the Mizuno.

I've only tried it with the weights in the middle channel slots 1 & 2. Haven't had much time to play around with the settings.

I have not hit the 3w.

Hope this helps.

Titleist 4i AMT S300
Mizuno S18 54.8/58.8
Carbon Ringo 1/4

Dang. Late night at range w my new 900 / 661 shaft.

It's a tiered and short fenced in range - heart of LA, but I could get a sense of how this club was flying. Played w settings and ended up w a weight in draw and a weight in middle of center track.

Regardless I was pounding this driver. Everything goes forward and fast off the face. Setting changes do seem to make a big difference on trajectory and shot shape though.

Can't wait to get it outside where I can see full flight a bit better...but I just had to hit some balls asap.

A lot of confidence swinging with this already. Allowing me to take longer swings - I normally take a 3/4 swing w my Nike vapor. Even heel misses were flying out pretty straight. No snap hooks no matter how quick I got.

I think I am in love.

Upright brings the toe up slightly. Technically a more upright club would promote more of a right to left ball flight for a righty. In essence, if you are a righty and you miss left, stay away from the upright settings imo.

This thread led me to purchasing one and it is arriving tomorrow with the 569 regular. My question is: has anyone had success removing and reusing the adaptor on another shaft? Mizuno said there was no plastic pieces with the adaptor so I don't anticipate any melting occurring.

So finally got out to hit the 3 wood I managed to pick up in used but excellent condition on eBay and I am extremely pleased. The ball launches off the face with a satisfying crack, just like the driver. I was not swinging particularly well (squeezing in a small bucket over my lunch break) so I won't blame a few pull hooks on the club as those were clearly all me. That said, when I actually put a reasonable swing on it the results were extremely good though I do need to dial in the weights and maybe loft. I had the loft at 15 and the weight in the middle but I didn't think to bring my wrench to the range. Ball flight was a bit too high but looked gorgeous in the air, like a seven iron that flew 240 yards. Not sure if I need to adjust the loft or weight (or both) but will be fun get it dialed in. Bottom line, this club was a steal at under $200 and I'm one happy camper.

"We're not here for a long time... we're here for a good time." 

Mizuno JPX 900 Driver w/ Speeder Evo II 661 Stiff
Mizuno JPX 900 3W, 5W w/ Speeder Evo II 661 Stiff
Titleist AP3 4, 5 irons w/ Project X LZ 6.0
Titleist AP2 6 - GW irons w/ Project X LZ 6.0

Callaway Jaws Tour Grey 54S & 58x w/ Project X LZ 6.0O

Odyssey 2-Ball Ten Tour Lined
Shapland Stand Bag 2.3

Clicgear 4.0

Upright brings the toe up slightly. Technically a more upright club would promote more of a right to left ball flight for a righty. In essence, if you are a righty and you miss left, stay away from the upright settings imo.

This thread led me to purchasing one and it is arriving tomorrow with the 569 regular. My question is: has anyone had success removing and reusing the adaptor on another shaft? Mizuno said there was no plastic pieces with the adaptor so I don't anticipate any melting occurring.

I've pulled a few with a heat gun, no problem. But some of the golfworks stuff that protects adapters and reused them.

Done for year selling it all.

So finally got out to hit the 3 wood I managed to pick up in used but excellent condition on eBay and I am extremely pleased. The ball launches off the face with a satisfying crack, just like the driver. I was not swinging particularly well (squeezing in a small bucket over my lunch break) so I won't blame a few pull hooks on the club as those were clearly all me. That said, when I actually put a reasonable swing on it the results were extremely good though I do need to dial in the weights and maybe loft. I had the loft at 15 and the weight in the middle but I didn't think to bring my wrench to the range. Ball flight was a bit too high but looked gorgeous in the air, like a seven iron that flew 240 yards. Not sure if I need to adjust the loft or weight (or both) but will be fun get it dialed in. Bottom line, this club was a steal at under $200 and I'm one happy camper.

Yes loft adjustment does a great job with trajectory adjustment for sure! Weight helps a lot with spin i noticed a 700 rpm difference from front to back of the track on my initial fitting. On the course this bag and my Callaway XR Steel Head simply keep juggling back and forth this season. I like the tee distance and nice fairway lie for the 900 3 metal! Gives a nice muted thwack and solid feel! The Speeder EvoII 661 S is a great match for this head...and is really smooth!

PXG GEN6 0311 10.5*DRIVER/FUJI RED VELOCORE 6S/GP TW WHT

PXG GEN5 0311XF 17*FAIRWAY/FUJI MOTORE X F3 7S/GP TW WHT

PXG GEN3 0311XP 3 IRON/TT ELEVATE TOUR S/WINN DT WRAP

PXG GEN3 0311P 4-PW/TT ELEVATE TOUR S/WINN DT WRAP

PXG GEN4 0311P GW/TT ELEVATE TOUR S/WINN DT WRAP

PXG SD II WEDGES/56/13&62/10/TT ELEVATE TOUR S/GP TW BLK

MACHINE M2A 1018RAW CS PUTTER/ACCRA I-STEEL/SS FLAT 1.0

I have 16 rounds in with the JPX 900 driver in 569 stiff and I'm extremely happy with this purchase. I played Bethpage Black today and this blue beauty did not let me down. Im not as long as most of you wrx'ers but this club gets me in the fairway 70% of the time 250 yds out. I had the R1 before this and really wanted the to love the Callaway epic but went with jpx 900 and couldn't be happier!

First 18 w the 900. Love it. Biggest mind blow was how the few bad misses I had kept fairly straight and long. One off the toe and slightly offline but straight and only a few yards shorter.

Distance is not that much better than my old Nike, but the consistency is night and day. Really easy to just swing away and not worry about a miss turning deadly.

The 661 shaft probably has a lot to do with it. Feels so smooth.

Mizuno doesn't have "tour" stuff like you see with tour issue TM and Callaway so abundantly on ebay and on here. What you buy from Mizuno is exactly the same as what the guys on tour are using.

So simce i bought the 900 driver about a year ago, I've been playing it eitg a Fujikura EVO III 661X i bought after trying the stock EVO II. EVO II didn't last long as for me i felt it was a bit loose in the tip section. My buddy (and club fitter) suggested i try the EVO III and I'm glad i did. Worked much better for my swing. Been messing around trying my clubs at heavier SW's lately so i decided to try a heavier shaft in the 900. My fitter had pne of the Special Edition Folds of Honor Atmos shafts(Atmos Blue with dufferent graphics) in the shop in a 7x so i had him put a Mizuno tip on it and cut it to play at 45", just like my current setup. Only gotten to hit like 10 valks on a gc2 indoors so far but launch is pretty much the same as EVO III, anywhere between 10*-12*, but my spin went down a few hundred rpm's which was a pleasant sight! Gonna try it on the course Monday and see how it does out there.

Just my thoughts. Good for good all drivers are going to be about equal. Where this guys excels is on the misses. My misses tend to be towards the heel, this guys on loses a few yards and still in the fairway. Loving it so far.

Currently playing with the weights in the center track position 1 & 2. Tried them in the fade and draw on the range but haven't taken it on the course. I hope to get out next week to test a couple of other settings.

Titleist 4i AMT S300
Mizuno S18 54.8/58.8
Carbon Ringo 1/4

No Issues pulling the tip and reusing it. Just go slow with the heat to prevent the annonized aluminium sleeve from getting damaged.