2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Mizuno JPX 900 drivers

KT35

I'd love to hear as well. I hit a few balls with both at a outdoor range with no monitor. The Mizuno was automatic for me from the first hit. The M2 was not consistent for me. However, neither of them where fit. I am gaming the 900 now and will not be looking for another driver for a long time. The 900 won for me in all categories.

-Taylormade BRNR 11.5* set at 9.5* Ventus Red TR 7X playing 44.25”
-Mizuno STz 230 hybrid 16* set at 15* Ventus Blue 8X

-Mizuno STz 230 hybrid 19* Ventus Blue 9X

-Mizuno JPX 923 Forged4&5, Tour 6-PW Project X LS 6.5
-Titleist Vokey SM9 50F set to 51*, 56D, & 62M set to 61*

-Mizuno M-Craft OMOI Type 1 Blue Putter

I demoed the M2 first and found the Ping G driver to be as long and more consistent. Plus the Ping G driver felt better. Then I bought the 900 driver. Only on GolfWRX, right?

I am so glad that I did. This was one of the few impulse buys that have actually paid off. While I have not compared the 900 with the Ping G directly, I can say the 900 is way more accurate and I am hitting the same distances on the course as I was with my Bridgestone J815 driver during the summer months and while I was swinging well. Now it's cooler and my swing is off a little. So based on this scientific comparison, ergo the 900 will be a beast for me in the summer. Lol

Seriously though, the 900 is longer than my 915 d3 driver and J815 now. But I have only played two rounds with it. During those rounds,I was alternating the Titleist and Bridgestone with the Mizuno. Meaning hole 1 I hit the Mizuno and Titleist. Hole 2 I hit the Mizuno and Bridgestone. Etc etc. Everytime the Mizuno was longer.

Mizuno JPX 900 driver
Mizuno JPX 900 3 wood
Mizuno JPX 900 5 wood
Mizuno MP 66 irons with Modus 105 shafts
Scratch 50,55,60 wedges with Steelfibers I95's
Mizuno MP A303 putter

So i have been doing some driver demos. I have to agree with the above posts. The tee box is my weakest part of my game. Hit the JPX900 just to say I tried it and instant fairway finder for me. Accuracy is the main objective for me and the distance was there. Just waiting to try the Fusion driver ...but think the JPX is going to be the one.

JPX-900.

I really wanted to game the M2, but couldn't. Tried several shafts and still didn't fit me. For whatever reason it was a hook machine for me.

The JPX-900 is just straight for me. Both weights back middle, 10.5* loft, and the other setting on bottom set to open. I'm done expirimenting. This is the one for me.

Grrrr.. really resisting urge to hit this driver

Don't deprive yourself from hitting the blue beast! The feel is soooo solid and smooth!

Another great driving round. I hit every fairway. But the distances was the same as the Bridgestone and Titleist driver averages. It is getting colder and my iron distance is dropping so if the driver stays the same, I will be happy.

Mizuno JPX 900 driver
Mizuno JPX 900 3 wood
Mizuno JPX 900 5 wood
Mizuno MP A303 putter

Great story today. 1st hole is 285 yard Par 4. A sand trap guarding the green. Straight as an arrow. My son and I get there and our tee time is in 20 minutes. The starter said if you are ready,I can get you out in front of a sixum?? That's right,6 people playing together on a Sunday. So we went straight from the car to hole 1. Three had already hit but the starter told them to let us hit. So I walk up with all those eyes staring at me. All those young 20 something eyes. I smoke the ball straight down the middle and stopped another 2 feet before the trap. My ball was the longest one of all those younguns. Lol.

Unfortunately that was my longest of the round but when all those eyes are watching, the Smurf came through. ( I need a cool name for the driver)

Mizuno JPX 900 driver
Mizuno JPX 900 3 wood
Mizuno JPX 900 5 wood
Mizuno MP A303 putter

Sounds pretty positive on the Mizuno. I might as well get one!!!!

I really don't think you would have any regrets.

So i have been doing some driver demos. I have to agree with the above posts. The tee box is my weakest part of my game. Hit the JPX900 just to say I tried it and instant fairway finder for me. Accuracy is the main objective for me and the distance was there. Just waiting to try the Fusion driver ...but think the JPX is going to be the one.

This is me. Got a feeling that I'm going to be standing on a range this week trying to decide between the two. Really want to go blue.

Driver: TaylorMade Sim2 Max - 10.5*
Fairway: Callaway Epic Max - 15*, 21*, 25*

Hybrid:  Ping G425 30*
Irons: TaylorMade Stealth 7-AW
Wedges: PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy II 56* 

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy II 62*
Putter:  Directed Force 2.1
Ball:  Callaway Chrome Soft

M2 is a great stick, I briefly tried the JPX driver and thought it was pretty good but not M2 good. Callaway Fusion is also a really really good stick.

Titleist TSR3 8* / Fuji Ventus Black TR 6X               

Titleist TSR2+ / Fuji Ventus Black TR 7X               

Callaway UW / Fuji Ventu Black 8X

Edel SMS iron 4-5 / DG TI X100 /////  SMS PRO irons 6-PW / DG TI X100

Edel SMS 50V, 54T, 60T / DG TI S400/ BGT ZNE 130

Edel PROTO

Why do the UK have to wait 6 more months on this release?

6 months seems excessive

Mizuno always mess up their driver releases. By the time it gets launched here something else will have come along and they'll lose sales. Too focused on the irons I guess.

Thanks, yea I'm a mizuno iron player. Just never understood the staggered release pattern. Like the driver will be a good bit through it's cycle before it's even released.

We do seem to get our irons a little cheaper than the US do.

M2 is a great stick, I briefly tried the JPX driver and thought it was pretty good but not M2 good. Callaway Fusion is also a really really good stick.

Off topic-What did you find with the Fusion?

Click my WITB link in my sig I just wrote about my initial thoughts.

Titleist TSR3 8* / Fuji Ventus Black TR 6X               

Titleist TSR2+ / Fuji Ventus Black TR 7X               

Callaway UW / Fuji Ventu Black 8X

Edel SMS iron 4-5 / DG TI X100 /////  SMS PRO irons 6-PW / DG TI X100

Edel SMS 50V, 54T, 60T / DG TI S400/ BGT ZNE 130

Edel PROTO

I can only give you the perspective of a high speed swinger and I do do not know what your swing speed is. I'll say that the Mizuno feels very good off the face, but I just couldn't get the spin down as low as the M2. The M2 carries much further for me with little effort. As a player who likes to work the ball both ways, I'd say the Mizuno is more consistently workable when you need it to be (this is based on about 50 balls hit with each, going back and forth about every 10 balls). But, I'm still considering the idea of going to a stock fade and only having a 20+ yard draw/hook for dogleg left holes that I can't take it over the trees. More pros seem to be going to a stock shot and it seems to be working. The only problem I've ever had is that I really, really like the feel and look of a well hit draw. If I can go through a whole round hitting a perfect draw, it's going to be tough to beat me. But when that draw gets wild, I'm in for 4-6 penalty strokes a round and that's just not worth it.

Mizuno = versatility

M2 = distance

I'm having a hard time finding any negative reviews on this driver. I really wish there was some place to go hit them before buying it. I can't find anywhere in the state that carries these. I even looked on Golfsmith website, and there saying 3-4 weeks before they ship them.

I bought the Fusion Saturday, and it's surprisingly longer than I expected, but I can not hit a fade with it, and I've been pulling it a lot more than I'd like.

No experience with the M2. I hit the 900 once at the range. I'm not the typical Golfwrxer that buys new clubs all the time. I am a little stubborn and usually my internal monologue is "No...I'm going to make it WORK with my driver/wedge/putter, etc."

I had zero interest in buying a new driver. And I usually stay away from even hitting other ones. For the same reason, I don't go to night clubs and drinking by myself as a married man. No one is immune to temptation. So I typically just stay away.....in women and in golf clubs. But I couldn't help myself. My buddy (certified club ho), is going on about this new driver. He tells me to hit it. "No, sorry. I can't. I'm in a committed relationship to my G30 and we've had some rough times lately, but we're going to work through it....together"

"Seriously man, just look at it. Look at that matte blue. Isn't it gorgeous? So solid off the face. Long and forgiving."

"....fine....give it here."

"Oh wow, that's...that's...awesome."

I quickly hand it back. "Crap. I shouldn't have done that........stupid....stupid...."

Currently refreshing UPS.com like mad.

Here's my take.. I'm a MP guy so the 900 forged and tour model will wait until I see what next year's MP line looks like. However, the driver, 4 wood, and 3 hybrid have me very intrigued as a Mizuno fan. I've gamed an all Mizuno bag before (sans putter) and very tempted to do so again (hopefully with new MP line series putter in a year or 2). I definitely need to hit the driver before purchasing, same for any club, and that is difficult for me as GG and Dick's don't carry the wood line here.

So I'll likely be all Nike next year after winter and then look to trade into the JPX woods and see what the new MP irons look like (especially the MP 54 replacement).

Here's my take.. I'm a MP guy so the 900 forged and tour model will wait until I see what next year's MP line looks like. However, the driver, 4 wood, and 3 hybrid have me very intrigued as a Mizuno fan. I've gamed an all Mizuno bag before (sans putter) and very tempted to do so again (hopefully with new MP line series putter in a year or 2). I definitely need to hit the driver before purchasing, same for any club, and that is difficult for me as GG and Dick's don't carry the wood line here.

So I'll likely be all Nike next year after winter and then look to trade into the JPX woods and see what the new MP irons look like (especially the MP 54 replacement).

give me first dibs on the Vapor FLY pro black ed ;) Not sure I can afford it but you never know lol

Titleist TSR4 /Ozik F6M2/Ozik TP6HD/EVO III FUJI/fuji pro 2.0
Cobra Ltd 3 Kaili 80

Cobra Ltd 5 Kaili 80 (sub :Cobra F6 Baffler 18.5 Kaili 80)
Adams XTD TI  22 Hybrid
Honma 757B Blades 4-pw . s300 xp 
Nike Vapor Pro combo AW 50*,Ping 3.0 EYE 54, 58 

Bettinardi SS 2 silver

Nike B1-05 Origin (Rare)
Slazenger 508/Kirk Currie KC02B

I guess I need to go try the JPX 900 driver and I'm not even on the market for a driver.

Driver: Ping G400 Max 10.5 Stock Alta (need shaft fitting)
Fairway Wood: Ryoma F5
Hybrid: TaylorMade M6 4H & 6H
Irons: OnOff Kuro 2015 6 - PW
Wedge: Cleveland RTX4 50, 54 and 58
Putter: S.C. GoLo 3
Ball: TaylorMade TP5X
Club hoe, builder, fitter and tester as hobbyist since 1993

No experience with the M2. I hit the 900 once at the range. I'm not the typical Golfwrxer that buys new clubs all the time. I am a little stubborn and usually my internal monologue is "No...I'm going to make it WORK with my driver/wedge/putter, etc."

I had zero interest in buying a new driver. And I usually stay away from even hitting other ones. For the same reason, I don't go to night clubs and drinking by myself as a married man. No one is immune to temptation. So I typically just stay away.....in women and in golf clubs. But I couldn't help myself. My buddy (certified club ho), is going on about this new driver. He tells me to hit it. "No, sorry. I can't. I'm in a committed relationship to my G30 and we've had some rough times lately, but we're going to work through it....together"

"Seriously man, just look at it. Look at that matte blue. Isn't it gorgeous? So solid off the face. Long and forgiving."

"....fine....give it here."

"Oh wow, that's...that's...awesome."

I quickly hand it back. "Crap. I shouldn't have done that........stupid....stupid...."

Currently refreshing UPS.com like mad.

I hope you ordered a driver instead of a woman....lol. Welcome to the club. The 3 wood is next.

Mizuno JPX 900 driver
Mizuno JPX 900 3 wood
Mizuno JPX 900 5 wood
Mizuno MP A303 putter

JPX 900 driver is now in my bag, knocking out my faithful Ping G LS Tec w/ Tour 65 X. My local shop had several JPX 900 heads in stock with the Speeder Evolution II 569, 661 and 757 S and X flex shafts. The shop owner let me turn one of heads into a "demo" with the 661 S shaft. I had every intention of trying the 757 S as well, but it literally only took about 10 swings with the 661 and it was over. Easy decision. This is the first adjustable weight head where I feel like the sliding weights make a major impact on ball flight. A friend who I regularly play with was at the range with me and he kept mentioning how nice the ball flight was compared to what he is used to seeing me hit. With the G LS Tec, I had a tendency to hit a high push slice out to the right. The first few swings with the JPX 900 in it's stock setting produced a nice mid-trajectory baby draw. I've literally never been able to depend on that shot, but the more I hit the Mizuno it became apparent that it was a better setup than the Ping. I'm sure the Speeder 661 S shaft has a lot to do with the improved ball flight, but the adjustability of the JPX 900 head is what sold me on it. Wonderfully engineered club by Mizuno!

I couldn't handle reading all the positive about this club. I've read about every review, and watched the few youtube video reviews they have out for it. I ordered one yesterday, without even hitting it. I think it's the best looking club out there, and hopefully I feel the same way about the feel, and performance of it. I've never purchased a club without hitting it, but unfortunately that's not an option for me where I live.

JPX 900 driver is now in my bag, knocking out my faithful Ping G LS Tec w/ Tour 65 X. My local shop had several JPX 900 heads in stock with the Speeder Evolution II 569, 661 and 757 S and X flex shafts. The shop owner let me turn one of heads into a "demo" with the 661 S shaft. I had every intention of trying the 757 S as well, but it literally only took about 10 swings with the 661 and it was over. Easy decision. This is the first adjustable weight head where I feel like the sliding weights make a major impact on ball flight. A friend who I regularly play with was at the range with me and he kept mentioning how nice the ball flight was compared to what he is used to seeing me hit. With the G LS Tec, I had a tendency to hit a high push slice out to the right. The first few swings with the JPX 900 in it's stock setting produced a nice mid-trajectory baby draw. I've literally never been able to depend on that shot, but the more I hit the Mizuno it became apparent that it was a better setup than the Ping. I'm sure the Speeder 661 S shaft has a lot to do with the improved ball flight, but the adjustability of the JPX 900 head is what sold me on it. Wonderfully engineered club by Mizuno!

I don't need to hear this. Figured my driver was set. Place closest to me only carries the irons.

So you went from x flex tour 65 to stiff 661? Which one launched higher? Did you change lofts?

Ping G410 lst diamana bf
Ping g410lst 3 wood accra tz6
Epic flash 5 wood tensei blue
ping g410 tensei hybrid
Epon 705 5-gw Oban ct115
Callaway MD5 54/58
taylormade my spider 
ping hoofer
tp5x