2024 Rocket Mortgage Classic WITB Photos ×

Tiger's clubs for Safeway (Photo added page 19)

Wouldn't be surprised to see taylormade make him a bonded m2 430. To say a company wouldn't make him a one off without a deal is just crazy. It's tiger ffs. And especially with all of the versions taylormade has on tour in recent memory, it's more likely than not they made him a one off.

It's Tiger - a guy who can't make cuts and had lost about every major endorsement possible

Why would they make him a one off head? He couldn't sell Nike drivers he's not gonna sell TM ones either

Why? Because he's tiger woods. There isn't a company out there that won't make him a one off. They all know everyone will be watching when he comes back.

Stealth 2+ 9* - Ventus TR Blue 6x
Taylormade Stealth 2+ 15* - Ventus TR Blue 7x
Taylormade Stealth UDI 3 iron - X100
Taylormade P770 4-5 iron - X100

Taylormade P7MC 6-pw - X100
Taylormade MG3 - 50 SB, 56 SB, 60 LB
Taylormade Juno TP long neck

Custom 1/1 Rory Nike Oven proto 006, Oven Method Matter B2/01

• Replies 910
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe that Tiger will continue playing the Nike clubs he has been playing. To do anything else, would imply that he had been playing clubs he felt were inferior and did not like for all of these years.

Players move to new tech all the time, that is no longer an option with Nike. Why delay the inevitable change, he's had a perfect opportunity to test equipment. I could see it for the first or second event but in the long run I don't see him playing Nike for life like many people keep saying.

Ping/Epon/Scratch/Bettinardi WITB Link

I believe that Tiger will continue playing the Nike clubs he has been playing. To do anything else, would imply that he had been playing clubs he felt were inferior and did not like for all of these years.

Players move to new tech all the time, that is no longer an option with Nike. Why delay the inevitable change, he's had a perfect opportunity to test equipment. I could see it for the first or second event but in the long run I don't see him playing Nike for life like many people keep saying.

My guess is that Tiger is still under his Nike club contract and while they obviously have a close relationship, they would still want to milk these last few tournaments out of Tiger's clubs except for the putter

Ping G410 LST 10* (DI-6X)
Ping G410 3W 15.5* (DI-7X)
Ping i20 3-PW (PX 6.0)
Ping Glide 2.0 51*SS, 56*SS, 60*ES (PX 6.0)
Ping Vault Arna

The question is What will he play at Safeway so you are agreeing with me that "in the first or second event" he will play Nike.

The question is What will he play at Safeway so you are agreeing with me that "in the first or second event" he will play Nike.

Your right but your post is confusing, it reads as you think he will continue to play for a while. If tiger uses his Nike clubs at the Safeway and then dumps all 14 for other brands next tournament has he really done anything to prove the Nike gear isn't garbage?

My guess is that Tiger is still under his Nike club contract and while they obviously have a close relationship, they would still want to milk these last few tournaments out of Tiger's clubs except for the putter

Aren't many of the other guys using non Nike gear already? I bet as long as he's got 15 swooshes on his apparel they are good with him using any clubs.

IMO Nike will still make custom clubs for Tiger and Rory.

No way they let their 2 studs play anything else.

And who exactly is going to be making these clubs for them?

TaylorMade QI10 9* - Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 8TX

TaylorMade Stealth+ 15* - Fujikura Ventus Red 9TX

NIKE Vapor Fly Pro 3-4i - Fujikura Pro Tour Spec 95X

Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 5 - KBS Tour 130X

Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 6-PW - DG TI X100

Mizuno T22 Raw 50* S, 55* D | TaylorMade Hi Toe 60* - DG TI S400

Scotty Cameron Select Squareback +

I believe when they announced they stopped production on equipment staffers were no longer bound by their contract. Most of the Nike staffers are using non Nike equipment already.

Taylormade Stealth Plus// HZRDUS RDS Black 
Callaway X2Hot 5 Deep // Aldila Tour Green

Taylormade Stealth 7 Wood // Diamana D Limited

Taylormade P790 UDI // Tensei Pro White
Cobra F7 Hybrid 23.5// Diamana D+
Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 5-GW // Project X
Taylormade Mill Grind 52 // DG S400
Taylormade Mill Grind 58 // DG S400
Odyssey White Hot OG 7

I believe when they announced they stopped production on equipment staffers were no longer bound by their contract. Most of the Nike staffers are using non Nike equipment already.

Hmmm, maybe so. I thought I heard that Nike let these guys switch out certain clubs like drivers and putters, but only with their permission.

Ping i20 3-PW (PX 6.0)
Ping Vault Arna

Hmmm, maybe so. I thought I heard that Nike let these guys switch out certain clubs like drivers and putters, but only with their permission.

I don't think that applies anymore. The Tour Championship was the last time the Nike trucks were on the road. I think all of the equipment deals and support are null and void.

DRIVER:  Callaway Rogue ST 10.5

FAIRWAYS:  Callaway Rogue ST 3, 9, 11 Fairway Woods

HYBRIDS:  Callaway Big Bertha 3 Hybrid, Rogue ST 4 Hybrid

IRONS:  Callaway Rogue ST 4-AW

WEDGES:  Callaway Jaws Raw 50 S Grind, 54 S Grind, 58 Z Grind 

PUTTER:  Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas

BACKUPS:  Odyssey Toulon Garage Le Mans Tri-Hot 5K Double Wide, MannKrafted Custom, Slighter Custom

BALL:  Testing

A man has to have options!

I hope he's hitting 5000 balls every other day and 27 holes on the days in between and comes out with an epic game. I hope.

If he pipes one 325 down the first fairway the internet will break - for good.

Then it will break again when he chunks and skulls a chip on the same hole after missing the green.

TSR3 TSi3 3 Wood | G430 3 Hybrid |  ZX7 MKII 4-PW Vokey SM9  50, 54, 58 |  Ping PLD Anser 2D

He has not played in a PGA event since last year. I think he could have an entire new set make up. Not too crazy of an idea. That being said I would not be surprised if he doesn't play a TaylorMade ball if he is bidding on the company.

Driver: Callaway Paradigm 9.0+ Fujikura Ventus Black 6x
3 Wood: Titleist trs3 15* Fujikura Ventus Black 7x
5 Wood: Titleist trs3 18* Fujikura Ventus Black 8x
Irons: Taylormade P790 4-PW Project X LZ 6.5 
Wedge: Vokey SM9 50, 54, 60 DG S400  
Putter: Scotty Cameron Phantom 5.5

Honestly, some guys have and will continue to switch out certain pieces of their gear, especially as they struggle and are looking at a change but nearly all are going to switch to new gear as they get replacement contracts.

The thought that NIKE gear was inferior equipment is just silly talk.

Callaway Epic MAX 10.5*
Callaway Mavrik MAX 15*
Taylor Made M4 19* & 22* hybrids
PING G410 5-U w/DG 105s 
Cleveland RTX 54* & 58*
Odyssey Stroke Lab Big Seven Toe Up vs MEZZ1 vs Seemore
Precision Pro Nx7 Pro, Garmin S60 (watch)

https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1580770/recaps-the-taylormade-twistfaceexperience-7-golfwrx-members-visit-the-kingdom-for-an-exclusive-m3/p1

Considering the fact he hasn't played a tour event in quite some time, and when he did play it wasn't pretty, I think he will play whatever clubs and ball he feels gives him the best performance.

He's going to need all the help he can get.

PXG Black Ops 9.75* - Graphite Design Tour AD IZ 6X

PXG Black Ops 15* - Motore X F1 7X

PXG  Gen4 3 Iron - Recoil ES Hybrid F5

PXG Gen5 0311T 4-P - DGTI120 X100

Titleist Vokey SM9 50*, 56*, 60* - DGTI120 X100/S400

PXG Bat Attack H

Chrome Soft/Vice Pro Lime

the TM idea makes no sense...there has been no new Bonded M1 put on the usga conforming list as of this second and wont be by the end of next week...so it isnt going to happen

Cobra LTD X 9* Hzrdus RDX blue 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

Ping i530 4-Uw AWT 2.0 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

I hope he's hitting 5000 balls every other day and 27 holes on the days in between and comes out with an epic game. I hope.

Patrick Reed said they were trying to get him to hit a shot while he was preparing with them all week at ryder cup but he wouldnt do it, also I saw him get out of the golf cart on tv and he was kinda careful. I think hes going to have to take it easy and warm up. Honestly dont know what to expect but I really dont think hes practicing like that at all.

Tiger has stated numerous times that his contract says he can play whatever he wants. I'd be shocked if Rory's contract is not worded the same way. I would expect to see them both make some changes as the year unfolds.

The golf ball would be the biggest shocker to me. Rory said he ordered 3 years worth of his ball from Nike when he heard about the shutdown. Tiger has always been very specific about his ball and I would be amazed if another manufacturer was able to come up with something to his specs this fast. I've said before that almost nothing he plays will really move the needle at retail. I will stand corrected if he really does play a Bridgestone ball. That would be a huge boost for the Bridgestone brand which really lost some market share to the Callaway Chrome Soft.

2023 WITB
Driver: Callaway Epic Max LS 10.5* - MMT 70x
3 Wood: Callaway Paradym TD 15* - Kai'li White 80x

Utility: Callaway X-Forged UT 21*
4-PW: Callaway Apex MBs - Project X 6.0
52* Wedge: Callaway Jaws Raw S Grind
58* Wedge: Callaway Jaws Raw Full Toe
Putter: Odyssey Tri-Hot 5k Double Wide DB

Patrick Reed said they were trying to get him to hit a shot while he was preparing with them all week at ryder cup but he wouldnt do it, also I saw him get out of the golf cart on tv and he was kinda careful. I think hes going to have to take it easy and warm up. Honestly dont know what to expect but I really dont think hes practicing like that at all.

i saw the same thing and he looked like he was moving slow. he walked fine but seemed like the cart might have jarred something. my money is on him not playing at safeway.

but if he does, I think he'll have taylormade woods, Miura irons, vokey or nike wedges and scotty NP2 putter.....ball could be a toss up as he probably has plenty of nike balls but i also know he really liked Kuch's balls at the presidents cup.

One thing that would be interesting about Rory and Tiger sticking with the NIKE ball would be how the practice/range balls would be shipped from tournament to tournament. Once at the event they have people separate the range balls after they are picked, so that is no big deal. Personally, I think most of the NIKE clubs and bags will move out of bags as there will be no support on Tour.

I just got off the phone with him.

He said he is going with the 975D - OG Nike Blades - Vokeys and a Cameron - Maybe a balata ball

Taylormade Sim 9° (set to 7°) - Fuji 53k X 

Cobra Rad Speed Tour 5 Wood 16° - Attas-T2 9x

Mizuno MP Fli Hi 18° - C Taper 125 S+
Mizuno MP Fli Hi 23° - C Taper 120 S
Srixon z785 5-PW - KBS TourV X

Cleveland ZipCore 50° - Tour S400
Ping Glide Pro Forged 54°/ Eye Toe 59°  - Tour S400
Seemore mFGP2 
Podcast - "Rough Fairways - A Journey to the PGA Tour" available on Spotify - Pandora - Apple

Whatever he does play I will be very tempted to try. Just being honest and I think that's how lots of us feel.

I mean, your bag is already littered with clubs he's played...

Taylormade Qi10 LS / 8* (dialed to 10*) / Denali Black 60TX

Taylormade Qi10 Tour / 3w (dialed 1 notch higher) / HZRDUS RDX Smoke Green 85 6.5

Taylormade P-DHY / 2i / Tensei Pro White 100TX
Mizuno Pro 245 / 4-GW (3* weak) / KBS Tour X

Cleveland RTX6 / 54, 58 (full face2) / DG TI Spinner

Odyssey Jailbird AI Cruiser 40"

Your right but your post is confusing, it reads as you think he will continue to play for a while. If tiger uses his Nike clubs at the Safeway and then dumps all 14 for other brands next tournament has he really done anything to prove the Nike gear isn't garbage?

Are you saying any time a player switches brands he is saying his old brand was garbage? C'mon man. If he switches it is either about the endorsement money now or the money soon. NOT because the Nike equipment was inferior.

Wilson Dynapower Carbon Mitsu Kai’li 60S

Wilson Dynapower 3+ 13.5° HZRDUS Black 70

Wilson UDI 3 HZRDUS Black 90

Wilson 4-6 Dynapower forged/ 7-P Staff CB all Nippon Pro Modus 115s

Wilson ZM forged 50° 56° 60° DG TI Spinner wedge

Cameron Newport w/ flow neck by Lamont/    Cameron Del Mar

Tiger has stated numerous times that his contract says he can play whatever he wants. I'd be shocked if Rory's contract is not worded the same way. I would expect to see them both make some changes as the year unfolds.

The golf ball would be the biggest shocker to me. Rory said he ordered 3 years worth of his ball from Nike when he heard about the shutdown. Tiger has always been very specific about his ball and I would be amazed if another manufacturer was able to come up with something to his specs this fast. I've said before that almost nothing he plays will really move the needle at retail. I will stand corrected if he really does play a Bridgestone ball. That would be a huge boost for the Bridgestone brand which really lost some market share to the Callaway Chrome Soft.

I'm absolutely certain Tiger's $15 million dollar deal with Nike doesn't say, "You can play whatever clubs you want." Did you mean he can play older Nike equipment if he wants to?

Ping i20 3-PW (PX 6.0)
Ping Vault Arna