Cobra King F7 Driver, Fairway Woods and Hybrids: In-hand photos

GolfWRX

I love the look of the F7+ driver. Can't wait to test it out.

Where's the F7+ driver at?

Tour Issue TM M2 2016 w/Tensi Pro Blue S60
Tour Issue TM M2 15* w/ Adila ATX Green S
TM HFS 21* W GD TOUR AD di 7S
Cobra Pro mb 4-PW w/ Aldila RIP Tour R hard stepped
Titleist Vokey Proto's 54*,56*,60*
Tour Bettinardi BB0 DASS or
Tour Bettinardi BB1 'H' DASS 353g
Recent Acquisition SWAG Handsome One 
Titleist ProV1 X, TM TP X
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/351901-twshoot67s-bag-and-crazy-collection/page__st__30__p__8092784__hl__+twshoot67#entry8092784"]WITB Link[/url]

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Couple of threads down. In the Cobra F7+/Safeway Open thread

WITB:
*Taylormade Stealth+ 8.25, Fujikura Ventus Black S
*Taylormade Stealth 2 3&5
*Titleist T350 4 Iron, T200 5/6, T150 7-pw (bent 1 strong) Modus 120s
*Vokey SM8 Jet Black Limited 52/56/60
*Scotty Cameron Champions Choice NP2+
*Titleist ProV1x
*Nike hybrid cart bag.

I hope that Arccos system is optional, or it is an absolute no-go for me. I use Game Golf Classic, because I am actually very happy to have my phone turned off, when I am on the golf course. With that thing in the grip, I couldn't get the Game Golf sensor into it. And I certainly don't want to have my phone in my back pocket all the time when playing golf.

If they have it as the only option, it is exactly the sort of forced blessing I have already grown to hate with a passion in so many software products in the past 15 years.

Sounds like a $8 grip can solve your dilemma above.

a) Grips are more expensive where I live.

b) I am not a do-it-yourself person, so I need to pay for the installation as well.

c) The gadget is included in the price of the club, which means that I would have to pay for something I neither need nor want. (see above "forced blessing")

Which means

d) I, who has been playing Cobra drivers almost exclusively for the past 8 years, will take my business elsewhere

And I write this here, in this forum, in the hope that people who make decisions at Cobra read it.

With or without the arccos, the price would be no different and comparative to other drivers is usually $50 less to begin with. I would guess you can custom order at no upcharge with another grip or easily pull the cobra connect grip and sell for as much or more than the cost of a new grip.

Srixon Z565, Miyazaki Kaula Kori 6x
Cobra F9 Aldila Tour Blue 75x
Cobra F7 19* and 23* hybrids
Cobra Amp Forged 5-PW KBS Tour S+
Vokey SM6 50F, 54F, 58M
Spider Tour Red

I hope that Arccos system is optional, or it is an absolute no-go for me. I use Game Golf Classic, because I am actually very happy to have my phone turned off, when I am on the golf course. With that thing in the grip, I couldn't get the Game Golf sensor into it. And I certainly don't want to have my phone in my back pocket all the time when playing golf.

If they have it as the only option, it is exactly the sort of forced blessing I have already grown to hate with a passion in so many software products in the past 15 years.

b) I am not a do-it-yourself person, so I need to pay for the installation as well.

c) The gadget is included in the price of the club, which means that I would have to pay for something I neither need nor want. (see above "forced blessing")

Which means

d) I, who has been playing Cobra drivers almost exclusively for the past 8 years, will take my business elsewhere

And I write this here, in this forum, in the hope that people who make decisions at Cobra read it.

With or without the arccos, the price would be no different and comparative to other drivers is usually $50 less to begin with. I would guess you can custom order at no upcharge with another grip or easily pull the cobra connect grip and sell for as much or more than the cost of a new grip.

That's what I meant in the first place. If I can have the club from the factory without it, ok. If they force it on me: sorry, but no.

I see a gap. There definitely is a gap.

Pics are up now, but I've had the driver in hand. Only knock is the F7+ is matte, and I actually don't mind a gloss finish on the head. But that's just being picky.

[color=#000000][b]TM 2016 M2 10.5 w/KK Silver 60 S [/b][/color]
[color=#000000][b]TM 2016 M1 3(15) w/KK Black 70 S [/b][/color]
[b][color=#0000ff]TM Rescue 11 3(18) w/NVS Org Next Gen 85 S
Nike VPC 4-PW w/Nippon Modus Tour 120 Stiff[/color][/b]
[color=#000000][b]TM MG2 52 SB and 58 LB w/DGS200  [/b]
[b]TM Spider X Copper [/b][/color]
[b][color=#000000]TM TP5 Pix[/color][/b]

Based on the reviews I'm seeing, I wouldn't even bother with the F7+. The F7 with the weight in the front going about just as far as F7+ with weight in the front, so I don't see the point of getting a driver with less MOI if the spin doesn't really go down much more.

Still not sure if I'd buy the F7 over the M2.

Based on the reviews I'm seeing, I wouldn't even bother with the F7+. The F7 with the weight in the front going about just as far as F7+ with weight in the front, so I don't see the point of getting a driver with less MOI if the spin doesn't really go down much more.

Still not sure if I'd buy the F7 over the M2.

Yea, the few reviews I've seen have put the F7 and F7+ pretty similar in spin. There isn't enough difference there. The F7+ should have went with a fade weight instead of a draw weight...or had heavier weight options.

Which means

When you order it online just select a grip that doesn't have the unit in the grip

[media=]

[/media]

You thinking about getting some new blue woods in 2017?

Titleist TSr4 10.0*  Mitsubishi WB 63 tx  
TaylorMade BRNR Mini 13.5* Kai'li white- tx
Srixon ZX5 (4-6) ZX7 (7-pw) KBS tour 130-x
Mizuno T20 51* TT x-100

Callaway Full Toe 54*, 60* TT x-100
Callaway PM Grind 64*
Toulon First Run Las Vegas DB

Pro V1

[media=]

[/media]

You thinking about getting some new blue woods in 2017?

I'll take any color wood if it gives me long distance.

Currently satisfied with what I have now.

Driver: TaylorMade SIM 10.5*
Fairway: TaylorMade M6 15*
Fairway: TaylorMade M2 18*
Irons: Titleist 718 T-MB 4 iron
Irons: Titleist 718 AP2 5-PW
Wedges: Cleveland RTX-Zipcore 50*
Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 54*
Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 60*
Putter: TaylorMade Spider X

Cobra apparently unhappy with Mr Shiels for saying he can't see the difference other than the number 7 ?

can you elaborate.

Mizuno T20 51* TT x-100

Callaway PM Grind 64*

Pro V1

Cobra apparently unhappy with Mr Shiels for saying he can't see the difference other than the number 7 ?

can you elaborate.

He posted a review yesterday on his YouTube channel to the effect that it's an OK driver, nothing radical and surprisingly shorter than his M1. Then this morning hes posting quotes about how he doesn't care what manufacturers think he's being honest etc. Only manufacturer hes reviewed recently and not said great things about so everyone putting 2+2 together and thinking Cobra aren't happy with him and have likely contacted him. Same with Mark Crossfield and the original Nike Vapor drivers. It all kicked off when he tested them three times and they were consistently the shortest driver he'd hit that year. Nike then refused to send him clubs to test for 18 months.

Cobra apparently unhappy with Mr Shiels for saying he can't see the difference other than the number 7

can you elaborate.

He posted a review yesterday on his YouTube channel to the effect that it's an OK driver, nothing radical and surprisingly shorter than his M1. Then this morning hes posting quotes about how he doesn't care what manufacturers think he's being honest etc. Only manufacturer hes reviewed recently and not said great things about so everyone putting 2+2 together and thinking Cobra aren't happy with him and have likely contacted him. Same with Mark Crossfield and the original Nike Vapor drivers. It all kicked off when he tested them three times and they were consistently the shortest driver he'd hit that year. Nike then refused to send him clubs to test for 18 months.

I always find it funny that Shiels can hit one bad shot with a driver and then make a general consensus about it, even though he is not super consistent with his strikes.

Cobra LTD HZRDUS 75g 6.5 (Synergy Black 70TX tipped 1/2")
Ping 2014 Rapture 3W - Blueboard 73x5ct
Cobra F8 3 hybrid (HZRDUS Black 85 6.5)
4 Hybrid...
Srixon Z545 5-AW (SF i110 stiff)
RTX 3.0 - 54 and 58 (SF i125 stiff)
Ping Ketsch Mid 

Cobra apparently unhappy with Mr Shiels for saying he can't see the difference other than the number 7 ��

can you elaborate.

I always find it funny that Shiels can hit one bad shot with a driver and then make a general consensus about it, even though he is not super consistent with his strikes.

I don't get the appeal. He gets so much wrong. His audience is huge which you need to respect, but I remember him giving totally wrong information about technologies multiple times.

Also has he ever had a true, start from scratch rip the set apart and rebuild custom fitting? I just get the idea he knows he needs an x flex and that's it.

Driver: PING G430 MAX 10K 9 Mitsubishi Diamana WB 43X
Fairway Wood: PING G430 LST Fujikura Ventus Blue + 7S
Hybrid: PING G430 19 Fujikura Ventus Blue HB 7S
Hybrid: PING G430 22 Fujikura Ventus Blue HB 7S

Irons: PXG 0311P Gen6 5-PW Aerotech Steelfiber i95S

Wedge: Titleist Vokey SM10 50 F, 54 M, 60 D KBS 610 Wedge R
Putter: Odyssey Tri-Hot 7 CH 34 inches
Ball: Titleist AVX

Rick shields has a constant sinus infection, it's annoying along with his lame reviews and now spawning every other British golfer doing video reviews on you tube. Whatever. how he can judge a driver without being fit for the shaft is beyond me and is dishonest. Loser.

F9 driver
king LTD 3 wood
F6 hybrid. vts silver
Z565. recoil 95
Pur wedges
Piretti Matera

Cobra apparently unhappy with Mr Shiels for saying he can't see the difference other than the number 7 ��

can you elaborate.

I don't get the appeal. He gets so much wrong. His audience is huge which you need to respect, but I remember him giving totally wrong information about technologies multiple times.

Also has he ever had a true, start from scratch rip the set apart and rebuild custom fitting? I just get the idea he knows he needs an x flex and that's it.

In the UK fitting options are still generally pretty poor unless you happen to live near someone who takes it seriously. I tried an M2 at American Golf the other day and despite them having what initially looks like a comprehensive set of shafts on offer all they had for the M2 was the stock Fuji pro in stiff. They claim the M2 is being discontinued and couldn't get any new stock in that model. It's very rare you see any UK reviews with anything but the stock offering.

I'm in the UK. You can get fit properly, but admittedly you need to travel.

He's not a million miles away from Tour X golf who built the irons for a comparison review he did.

For me, he needs to go in and do an independent fitting then he has a basis for his reviews where he can work from, by either getting the same shaft in his review clubs or the closet option from that companies range.

He's got a huge audience, now he needs to get better at what he does.

Driver: PING G430 MAX 10K 9 Mitsubishi Diamana WB 43X
Fairway Wood: PING G430 LST Fujikura Ventus Blue + 7S
Hybrid: PING G430 19 Fujikura Ventus Blue HB 7S
Hybrid: PING G430 22 Fujikura Ventus Blue HB 7S

Irons: PXG 0311P Gen6 5-PW Aerotech Steelfiber i95S

Wedge: Titleist Vokey SM10 50 F, 54 M, 60 D KBS 610 Wedge R
Putter: Odyssey Tri-Hot 7 CH 34 inches
Ball: Titleist AVX

I'm not saying what he said is right, just that cobra aren't happy.

Shiels worst ever review was of the M1 hybrid if I remember. Strike awful, noise awful, carry was super short. And he reviewed it another twice because he felt he hadn't given an honest representation of it being a TM fan boy. And he had the same results which was awkward.

can you elaborate.

I agree he is annoying and videos are pointless. But, playing devils advocate, he is catering to his target. His target is generally not people who play golf and are good. His target is the typical golfer that will go pull a driver off the shelf. So it's possible by using only stock shaft options he is actually doing it right. Personally I prefer he use one shaft for every driver that year. And along the lines of that, he isn't super consistent which could be another plus for him giving that 99% of the golfers that watch the video aren't as well. In other words he is doing an every man review for the every man....

...but his videos still suck.... lol!

I prefer honest feedback on these reviews. For the most part I think Rick and Mark do a pretty good job. They are probably often put in a tough spot of not biting the hands that feed them. If an oem sends them a club with the stock shaft offering, it is most beneficial to the masses who will buy off the rack.

Mizuno T20 51* TT x-100

Callaway PM Grind 64*

Pro V1

So is there a checkerboard graphic on the crown of the F7?

That's snake skin man ! Gosh ! ( lol)

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

I prefer honest feedback on these reviews. For the most part I think Rick and Mark do a pretty good job. They are probably often put in a tough spot of not biting the hands that feed them. If an oem sends them a club with the stock shaft offering, it is most beneficial to the masses who will buy off the rack.

I agree in principal, but sometimes Shiels compeletely ignores numbers that are there for everyone to see. And when he does, it is mostly because of a specific prejudice, which makes him ignore the real results.

I see a gap. There definitely is a gap.

What's the difference between the Pro XL8R and just the regular Pro?

Did I hear correctly that Cobra will not be raise their prices on the F7's?

Smoke 9* GD IZ 5s
Smoke 🔹🔹🔹15* GD IZ 6s

T150's 5-PW KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 50/12F KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 54/10S KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 58/08M KBS Tour

Nike 006 Paul Casey Proto 
Nike 006 Rory Proto 

PRO V1 #36 or #70

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/973333-mnnikeguy-nike-oven-witb/"]WITB Link[/url]