#TheWRX: The EPIC Event at Callaway Golf. 8 Members are treated to TheWRX

Be interested to hear what they say too....FWIW when i wanted to order a 44.5 inch driver a couple of years ago, a couple of major OEMs basically said the same thing, that they would not guarantee swingweight they would just do the best they could.

In the end i wasn't satisfied with that and ordered a Wishon

I don't understand that. Many professionals play sub 45-inch shafts. I'm sure Ping could probably accommodate you.

The difference is these professionals players have the luxury of access to a tour van every week. While the tour vans may deal with 50-100 players each week, they have several people working in the vans and every tool at their immediate disposal, including hot-melt machines.

Its much easier to accommodate 50-100 orders over the span of two or three days across 5 or 6 tour vans than the thousands of orders coming in every day to a single OEM.

I can see that, but I don't think you would get all that many people asking for a sub-45 inch driver.

Blondie had a great song called One Way or Another...clearly someone is comfortable contradicting their own posts...

"In any case a driver of that length is difficult to control, for example, many professionals use a sub-45 inch driver just in order to maintain control."

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My winnings were delivered yesterday!

C439uW9UYAAOc6J.jpg

That's so cool!

Smoke 9* GD IZ 5s
Smoke 🔹🔹🔹15* GD IZ 6s

T150's 5-PW KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 50/12F KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 54/10S KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 58/08M KBS Tour

Nike 006 Paul Casey Proto 
Nike 006 Rory Proto 

PRO V1 #36 or #70

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/973333-mnnikeguy-nike-oven-witb/"]WITB Link[/url]

Anyone know how much a Callaway sleeve/adapter cost? GG told me $40 today, that seems high.

Thanks

Smoke 9* GD IZ 5s
Smoke 🔹🔹🔹15* GD IZ 6s

T150's 5-PW KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 50/12F KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 54/10S KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 58/08M KBS Tour

Nike 006 Paul Casey Proto 
Nike 006 Rory Proto 

PRO V1 #36 or #70

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/973333-mnnikeguy-nike-oven-witb/"]WITB Link[/url]

Matt plays in the midwest (where i assume there is no water) and is amazing. His grandkids are going to have to open some of those boxes!

Srixon ZX5 w/PX Hzrdus Red 60

Srixon ZX 15 w/PX Hzrdus Red 70

Tour Edge C723 21* w/PX hzrdus black 80

Titleist T150 4-AW w/PX LZ 6.0

Titleist Jet Black 54/60 with PX LZ 6.0

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

I heard an interesting statistic on PGA Tour radio this morning. Dave Neville, the senior director of marketing for Callaway, was being interviewed and said that 70% of their PGA Tour players use the regular GBB Epic, while 30% use the GBB Epic SZ. On the European Tour the ratio is 50/50.

that was a great interview with Leadbetter. I liked when he tried to get him to say if Epic hybrids were coming in the future.

Titleist TSr4 10.0*  Mitsubishi WB 63 tx  
TaylorMade BRNR Mini 13.5* Kai'li white- tx
Srixon ZX5 (4-6) ZX7 (7-pw) KBS tour 130-x
Mizuno T20 51* TT x-100

Callaway Full Toe 54*, 60* TT x-100
Callaway PM Grind 64*
Toulon First Run Las Vegas DB

Pro V1

I heard an interesting statistic on PGA Tour radio this morning. Dave Neville, the senior director of marketing for Callaway, was being interviewed and said that 70% of their PGA Tour players use the regular GBB Epic, while 30% use the GBB Epic SZ. On the European Tour the ratio is 50/50.

that was a great interview with Leadbetter. I liked when he tried to get him to say if Epic hybrids were coming in the future.

I was wondering about that too.

Thats a bummer.. Did you contact Callaway?

Im really interested because Im thinking of going 44 or 44.5 as well but the Epic GBB version.

Yeah, sent an email this morning through their website. It said I'd get a response within 48 hours. I'm not in a huge rush, and I'm hoping to get an answer in writing that I can share on the board, but if the answer Isn't to my satisfaction, I'll call to start bothering them.

Please do since I'll more in likely be chasing the rabbit down a hole on a shorter driver..

So, I never got a response from the two inquiries I sent via the website. I would have called sooner, but I've been out of town for the past week, and busy, so I hadn't gotten around to it. I called the customer service line this morning to see if they could send me a heavier weight, and they're going to do me one better, and build me a new driver to my exact specs, and exchange the one that I got a few weeks ago. I didn't ask for anything like that, but they're going to build it up exactly as I want it, including shaft length/tipping, and swingweight, checking the actual head loft, and I think even putting on the Pure Grip that I like. Needless to say, I'm extremely satisfied with this resolution, and I'm really impressed with this level of customer service! They might want to think about devoting some additional resources to their online support, but their phone support people (I talked to two different people, because I forgot about the tipping when I was talking to the first person, and called back to ask for that) were great, and it only took a few minutes to get everything resolved. This is the kind of customer service experience that wins future business.

Ping G430 LST 9* (set to 7.5*), 45", Fujikura Ventus TR Black 6x
Ping G430 LST 14.5* (set to 13*) Fujikura Ventus Black 7x
Ping G430 Max 18* (set to 17*) Fujikura Ventus Black 8x or Tour Edge CBX Iron-Wood 17* (Black Pearl) Fujikura Ventus HB Blue 9x
Epon AF-306 4i + Epon AF-Tour CB2 5-PW, Nippon Modus 125X
Yururi Seida Black 52*, Nippon Modus 125/Titleist Vokey SM8 58* K-Grind & 62* M-Grind DG S200
Byron Morgan long pipe neck B-17, Brushed Mystic finish, 34" or Byron Morgan long pipe neck beached 007x

So, I never got a response from the two inquiries I sent via the website. I would have called sooner, but I've been out of town for the past week, and busy, so I hadn't gotten around to it. I called the customer service line this morning to see if they could send me a heavier weight, and they're going to do me one better, and build me a new driver to my exact specs, and exchange the one that I got a few weeks ago. I didn't ask for anything like that, but they're going to build it up exactly as I want it, including shaft length/tipping, and swingweight, checking the actual head loft, and I think even putting on the Pure Grip that I like. Needless to say, I'm extremely satisfied with this resolution, and I'm really impressed with this level of customer service! They might want to think about devoting some additional resources to their online support, but their phone support people (I talked to two different people, because I forgot about the tipping when I was talking to the first person, and called back to ask for that) were great, and it only took a few minutes to get everything resolved. This is the kind of customer service experience that wins future business.

I'm happy to hear this, 3 Jack Par. It sounds like they are trying to make it right. Callaway has exceptional CS.

TI Taylormade SIM (9.0°) Tensei CK Pro Orange 70TX
TI Taylormade SIM Ti (15.4°) Tensei CK Pro Blue 80X
Callaway XR Pro (20°) Diamana White 90X
PING i210 (4i-UW) DG X100
Ping Glide 2.0 (54°) DG S400 TI
Artisan MT Grind (58°) DG S400
Taylormade Spider X Chalk SS

Taylormade TP5

Fantastic result for you. Callaway is +1 in my book. Wish I could say the same about TMag.

917 D2 8.50* - Tensei CK Pro White 60
917 F2 13.5* - Rogue Max 70
816 H2 19.0* - D+ Plus 90
716 T-MB (3i, 4i) - Modus 120
716 CB (5-PW) - Modus 120
Hogan TK15 - 49, 55
Edel Deschutes

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1457364-pitchinwedges-witb/page__p__15152218#entry15152218"][color=#0000ff][b]Photo WITB[/b][/color][/url]

I tried to get a Pure grip, was told "no dice".

Good for you if you get it. Awesome they are taking care of you.

I'm not 100% on the grip, but if I don't get it, it's not a big deal. I'll just switch it out with the one I'm sending back. The swingweight would move up a point, but if they build it to d3, that'll be fine. I'm not going to notice a 1 point difference.

Ping G430 Max 18* (set to 17*) Fujikura Ventus Black 8x or Tour Edge CBX Iron-Wood 17* (Black Pearl) Fujikura Ventus HB Blue 9x
Yururi Seida Black 52*, Nippon Modus 125/Titleist Vokey SM8 58* K-Grind & 62* M-Grind DG S200
Byron Morgan long pipe neck B-17, Brushed Mystic finish, 34" or Byron Morgan long pipe neck beached 007x

LOL, just got an email back in response to my earlier inquiries saying I should call Customer Service.

My new Epic came today with flaws in the crown (small chip, and small crack in paint). I had a tee time tomorrow here in Iowa, but temps drop back off the planet this weekend, possible light snow.

Pissed, really wanted to hit it tomorrow.

TSR4 Ventus Red
TSi3 3w AD DI7
TSi3 5w AD DI7
TSR2 7w AD DI7

TSR3 24 AV Blue X-Link 75
T100s 6-G PX LZ
SM9 52/12/F-56/10/S TI S200 
Scotty Phantom 5.5
ProV1x

My new Epic came today with flaws in the crown (small chip, and small crack in paint). I had a tee time tomorrow here in Iowa, but temps drop back off the planet this weekend, possible light snow.

Take it out and hit it. Once temps drop call CS and talk to them. It's still under warranty even if you hit it.

PXG Black Ops 10.5* - Ventus Velocore Blue TR 6X

PXG Gen 5 0311 15* - Aldila Tour Blue 75X

PXG  Gen 5 0311 19* - Aldila Tour Blue 85X

PXG 0311T Gen 5 4-P - DG120 X100

Titleist Vokey SM9 50*, 56*, 60* - DGTI S400

PXG Bat Attack H

Chrome Soft/Vice Pro Lime

Did Udesign come up while you guys were out there?

Titleist TSr4 10.0*  Mitsubishi WB 63 tx  
TaylorMade BRNR Mini 13.5* Kai'li white- tx
Srixon ZX5 (4-6) ZX7 (7-pw) KBS tour 130-x
Mizuno T20 51* TT x-100

Callaway Full Toe 54*, 60* TT x-100
Callaway PM Grind 64*
Toulon First Run Las Vegas DB

Pro V1

Take it out and hit it. Once temps drop call CS and talk to them. It's still under warranty even if you hit it.

I ordered through Maple Hill. They are going to issue me a return label today, and have Callaway send a new one.

Can I get away with playing 18 today, then sending back?

TSR4 Ventus Red
TSi3 3w AD DI7
TSi3 5w AD DI7
TSR2 7w AD DI7

T100s 6-G PX LZ
Scotty Phantom 5.5
ProV1x

I ordered through Maple Hill. They are going to issue me a return label today, and have Callaway send a new one.

This is a little trickier than a normal return. If you hit it or play with it...who is to say you didn't cause the chips or crack? --- Obviously you didn't but thinking like a company.

Now with that being said, there is already a return issued, so they will not leave you without a driver, so play it until it comes in. (I had an issue and was told play mine until the new ones comes in)

However, I would take pictures of the damage with the date/show the guys/girls at Maple as backup just in case. Just cover all of your bases.

Callaway Epic Speed Triple Diamond LS *9.0 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway Mavrik *15 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway Mavrik *18 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway 19' Apex Pros 4-Pw/ UST Recoil 125 Protos F4 
Callaway MD5 50W & 54W & 58X w/ UST Recoil 125
protos F4

Tyson Lamb Customed Long Neck Allendale 
#lookatthebaby #teamcallaway

This is a little trickier than a normal return. If you hit it or play with it...who is to say you didn't cause the chips or crack? --- Obviously you didn't but thinking like a company.

Now with that being said, there is already a return issued, so they will not leave you without a driver, so play it until it comes in. (I had an issue and was told play mine until the new ones comes in)

However, I would take pictures of the damage with the date/show the guys/girls at Maple as backup just in case. Just cover all of your bases.

I think the return will just be straight back to Callaway, not to MH, so starting to think I can probably get away with it. I am pretty gentle with my clubs, my GBB still looks almost new, and I bought it used.

I am not sure I can resist.

Joe at MH seems like a great guy, sent him a note asking where I will send it and if it is ok to run 18 with it today before shipping back.

Thanks guys.

TSR4 Ventus Red
TSi3 3w AD DI7
TSi3 5w AD DI7
TSR2 7w AD DI7

T100s 6-G PX LZ
Scotty Phantom 5.5
ProV1x

I think the return will just be straight back to Callaway, not to MH, so starting to think I can probably get away with it. I am pretty gentle with my clubs, my GBB still looks almost new, and I bought it used.

I am not sure I can resist.

I figured that. I know when I sent mine I had 30 days to return my "warranty" driver after I received mine. Callaway has great customer service, so it shouldn't be a problem at all. Just wanted to make sure you cover your @$$...if you know what I mean.

Let us know how the Animal 2 works out ;)

Callaway Epic Speed Triple Diamond LS *9.0 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway Mavrik *15 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway Mavrik *18 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway 19' Apex Pros 4-Pw/ UST Recoil 125 Protos F4 
Callaway MD5 50W & 54W & 58X w/ UST Recoil 125
protos F4

Tyson Lamb Customed Long Neck Allendale 
#lookatthebaby #teamcallaway

Sweet, was told I could go ahead and play it for now, as it will most likely be next week before the replacement even ships.

Happy again. Thanks for the advice Hot Rod and Texan....

TSR4 Ventus Red
TSi3 3w AD DI7
TSi3 5w AD DI7
TSR2 7w AD DI7

T100s 6-G PX LZ
Scotty Phantom 5.5
ProV1x

I'm definitely hitting mine until the new one gets here. Customer service told me it would probably be around 2 days before the new one ships. Looking at how the one I have is launching, I think the head I have has more loft than stated. Even set at 8 degrees, it's launching very high. The trajectory flattens out near the apex, and it seems to keep going, but based on what I'm seeing and the Trackman numbers I saw with this head compared to the demo I hit, it really seems that there's more loft on mine. I hope the new one does actually get checked for the real loft, so I get one that's closer to the number stamped on the club.

I've been struggling with my swing a bit since the trip..... I have found that while still long the SZ head is showing a strong fade bias now that my swing is a little off. While I know a good portion of this is the Indian not the arrow, i have hit my old trusty Cobra FlyZ and the right miss is not nearly as bad. But the Cobra just doesn't compete on distance. I need to get some work in on the range to get this sorted out.