#TheWRX: The EPIC Event at Callaway Golf. 8 Members are treated to TheWRX

Finally got it out today on course with my specs, definitely a keeper. I am loving the results on mishits, definitely better than my previous drivers. I had 2 today low off the heel, just low fades bit both stayed on the right side and were easily 10-15yds past where I expected them.

We had to quit after 13 today, had things to do and it got real slow, but 13 is the par 5 up the hill, dog legs left about 285, hit it right up the chute, just around the bend, had 178 in, never been there before, big drive for a little dude.

Time to get it sent back in and wait for the new one, but the cold is coming back for a week, so no big deal.

I am quite happy with the driver and SZ 3+, bag is ready for 2017.

TSR4 Ventus Red
TSi3 3w AD DI7
TSi3 5w AD DI7
TSR2 7w AD DI7

TSR3 24 AV Blue X-Link 75
T100s 6-G PX LZ
SM9 52/12/F-56/10/S TI S200 
Scotty Phantom 5.5
ProV1x

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anybody who got the Mack Daddy Forged in slate have a pic after they've had a chance to rust?

I'll post mine when I get home. Mine have started rusting a lot

10.5* G430 Max Diamana BF 60

15* G430 Max Tour Shaft

21* Apex UW Diamana Ilima 80
22* (bent 23*) X Forged UT KBS Proto

Apex MB 5-PW $-Taper 

Vokey SM9 Raw 50F, 56F, 60T

Toulon La Grange SB w/ KBS CT Tour

Jones Players Series 003

Here are mine after a CLR bath and a lot of practice. I also put some time weights in so I could get rid of the lead tape.

15* G430 Max Tour Shaft

Apex MB 5-PW $-Taper 

Jones Players Series 003

This is my 54. A few little rust dots on the back. I tend to wipe my clubs after most wedge shots so it hasn't really built up much rust. b5b66d63024d0ac4f2863944562558cc.jpg

Here are mine after a CLR bath and a lot of practice. I also put some time weights in so I could get rid of the lead tape.

Looking good guys!

Smoke 9* GD IZ 5s
Smoke 🔹🔹🔹15* GD IZ 6s

T150's 5-PW KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 50/12F KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 54/10S KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 58/08M KBS Tour

Nike 006 Paul Casey Proto 
Nike 006 Rory Proto 

PRO V1 #36 or #70

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/973333-mnnikeguy-nike-oven-witb/"]WITB Link[/url]

I actually switched back to the MD3 wedge for my lob wedge. The Mack Daddy Forged feels a lot heavier, i noticed i wasn't able to launch it as high on short chip swings. For short little 8-10yd chips, i can get the MD3 in the air higher and land it softer. I think it's the lighter head weight

For full swings the MD forged are great though

Srixon ZX5 w/PX Hzrdus Red 60

Srixon ZX 15 w/PX Hzrdus Red 70

Tour Edge C723 21* w/PX hzrdus black 80

Titleist T150 4-AW w/PX LZ 6.0

Titleist Jet Black 54/60 with PX LZ 6.0

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

If the black was removed from the Mack daddy grinds would they look like this ?

Yes. They looked clean AF before they started rusting. CLR and a scotch brute pad do wonders.

15* G430 Max Tour Shaft

Apex MB 5-PW $-Taper 

Jones Players Series 003

I bought the Epic 5 wood today with Hzrdus 6.0 shaft. I hit this club and the 7 wood and was crushing both of them. Easy to get up, hot off the face, really felt good. On the 7 wood, I got some great numbers -- 98 mph swingspeed, 1.45 smash, 140-plus ballspeed, carried it 220 and rollout to 229. I hit the 5 wood at 18 degrees longer than I hit the M1 3 wood. The lightweight crown makes it easy to feel the weight behind the ball. These are reallly nice. I could've grabbed both, but I went with the versatile 5 wood. On any tee shot requiring placement with power, this will be one to have. And a nice flatter lie angle too. So many good clubs out there, but this is a high-flying bomber.

Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 10.5 w/Diamana TB 60S

PXG GEN6 5 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Yamaha RMX VD 7 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Callaway Mavrik Pro hybrid (22) w/Aldila Tour Blue 85 stiff hybrid

Wilson Staff Model CB 5-G w/DG s300 shafts

Edel T grind 54 w/Nippon 125 wedge shaft

Fourteen RM-12 58 w/Dynamic Golds400

Axis1 Rose putter, 34 inches

i am looking at the heavenwood at 20 degrees, how is the launch. were u using hazardous shaft in both

[size=4][font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][b]DRIVER[/b]- Callaway Rogue Oban Tour Limited 60s
[b]3 WOOD[/b]- GBB Epic Oban Kiyoshi Gold 75s
[b]HYBRID[/b]- Titleist 818 H1 19/23 Hybrid Atmos HB Tour Spec 85s
[b]IRONS[/b]- Srixon 765/565 Nippon Modus 105s
[b]GAP[/b]- Callaway MD4 Chrome 52 Modus 105
[b]SAND[/b]- Callaway MD4 Chrome 54 Modus 105
[b]LOB[/b]- Callaway MD3 Chrome 58 Modus 105
[b]PUTTER[/b]- Bettinardi Queen Bee #6
[b]BALL[/b]- Callaway Chrome Soft X[/font][/size]

I bought the Epic 5 wood today with Hzrdus 6.0 shaft. I hit this club and the 7 wood and was crushing both of them. Easy to get up, hot off the face, really felt good. On the 7 wood, I got some great numbers -- 98 mph swingspeed, 1.45 smash, 140-plus ballspeed, carried it 220 and rollout to 229. I hit the 5 wood at 18 degrees longer than I hit the M1 3 wood. The lightweight crown makes it easy to feel the weight behind the ball. These are reallly nice. I could've grabbed both, but I went with the versatile 5 wood. On any tee shot requiring placement with power, this will be one to have. And a nice flatter lie angle too. So many good clubs out there, but this is a high-flying bomber.

Standard epic or the sz?

@therealping

i am looking at the heavenwood at 20 degrees, how is the launch. were u using hazardous shaft in both

I have one, but with the Diamana. For me it launches nice and high. Good distance too.

Can you elaborate more on the heavenwood please. Im thinking of ditching my 4 iron. How does it spin.. run out like a wood or more hybrid launch high and stop?

Callaway Epic Speed Triple Diamond LS *9.0 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway Mavrik *15 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway Mavrik *18 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway 19' Apex Pros 4-Pw/ UST Recoil 125 Protos F4 
Callaway MD5 50W & 54W & 58X w/ UST Recoil 125
protos F4

Tyson Lamb Customed Long Neck Allendale 
#lookatthebaby #teamcallaway

I have one, but with the Diamana. For me it launches nice and high. Good distance too.

Can you elaborate more on the heavenwood please. Im thinking of ditching my 4 iron. How does it spin.. run out like a wood or more hybrid launch high and stop?

I can only speak to my experience: it launches very high and lands softly. I also get very good distance. I don't know about the spin. I tried hybrids, but never seem to get along with them very well. My 4-iron replacement is the 9-wood. Same result as the Heavenwood. My 3-wood is 16º, Heavenwood is 20º, and 9-wood is 24º. 4-degree increments. So far it is working well.

If you are looking to replace your 4 iron. The 7w might be a better option than the heavenwood. Not much difference, but the heavenwood is longer (pun intended).

Titleist TSr4 10.0*  Mitsubishi WB 63 tx  
TaylorMade BRNR Mini 13.5* Kai'li white- tx
Srixon ZX5 (4-6) ZX7 (7-pw) KBS tour 130-x
Mizuno T20 51* TT x-100

Callaway Full Toe 54*, 60* TT x-100
Callaway PM Grind 64*
Toulon First Run Las Vegas DB

Pro V1

I can only speak to my experience: it launches very high and lands softly. I also get very good distance. I don't know about the spin. I tried hybrids, but never seem to get along with them very well. My 4-iron replacement is the 9-wood. Same result as the Heavenwood. My 3-wood is 16º, Heavenwood is 20º, and 9-wood is 24º. 4-degree increments. So far it is working well.

how do u like those shafts? i have aldila tour green and blue and dont launch either of them high enough

[size=4][font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][b]DRIVER[/b]- Callaway Rogue Oban Tour Limited 60s

Thanks for the response. Great idea about the 4 degree increments.

If you are looking to replace your 4 iron. The 7w might be a better option than the heavenwood. Not much difference, but the heavenwood is longer (pun intended).

Driver

15* 3 wood

18* 5 wood

So maybe heavenwood adjusted at 21 or 22?

4 iron is sitting at 20* because the stock was 21.5 just didn't makes sense to me..

5 iron is 24*

protos F4

how do u like those shafts? i have aldila tour green and blue and dont launch either of them high enough

I have always been a fan of Diamana shafts, and these are no exception. I have no problem hitting the 3-wood off the fairway, and getting plenty of height. I really like the trajectory of the Heavenwood and 9-wood...high launch, soft landing...and, since they replace irons, this is as it should be.

lots of factors when replacing a club with a wood. I ended up replacing the 3 iron with my 7 wood. the loft is in the 21/22 deg, but the longer shaft / better launch give it the distance it needs to cover the 4 iron. Demo if you can. Its really going to be an individualized result with regards to the user.

Twitter: @itsnotgriffin
Site: [url="http://www.thebottomgroove.com/"]www.thebottomgroove.com[/url]

WITB:
Callaway Big Bertha Epic 10.5
Callaway BBA 5 Wood
Callaway XR 7 Wood - Frankenstyle
Apex Hybrid 23deg
Apex Pro 5i-PW
MD3 52, 56 W-Grind
MD3 60 PM Grind
Odyssey O-Works - #1/3T (putter commitment issues)

lots of factors when replacing a club with a wood. I ended up replacing the 3 iron with my 7 wood. the loft is in the 21/22 deg, but the longer shaft / better launch give it the distance it needs to cover the 4 iron. Demo if you can. Its really going to be an individualized result with regards to the user.

True.. Hard to find a 7 wood in S though to demo. Definitely something to look into because I knew it was coming. I have been struggling with the 4 iron since I bought the Apex blacks..

Golf what a lovely #$#$# game ;)

protos F4

True.. Hard to find a 7 wood in S though to demo. Definitely something to look into because I knew it was coming. I have been struggling with the 4 iron since I bought the Apex blacks..

Both my Heavenwood and 9-wood are in stiff flex...as are all my other clubs, but the driver. The Heavenwood is adjustable, so perhaps you could try that with a stiff shaft?

Both my Heavenwood and 9-wood are in stiff flex...as are all my other clubs, but the driver. The Heavenwood is adjustable, so perhaps you could try that with a stiff shaft?

Thats why I was leaning towards the heavenward because of that reason...

Interesting about the Reg in driver and stiff in FW. Obviously, y'all were fitted by top notch fitters but it is interesting.

Numbers don't lie though...numbers don't lie!

protos F4

how is the heavenwood adjustable

how is the heavenwood adjustable

It has the opti adapter like the other woods.

7 wood is glued but it is sitting at 21* which would give me a good gap between the 5 wood and 5 iron as well..

protos F4

I use a hybrid to replace the 4 iron and have for a few years. When I went to callaway I tried every 4 iron replacement they had to see what would work.

Set 4 didn't launch high enough, the 4 ut was similar but just a little higher and a bunch of the hybrids. I ended up with the apex and it fit the gap. I wasn't really shocked that going back to a hybrid that is a little more compact was what I ended up with.

Twitter: @itsnotgriffin
Site: [url="http://www.thebottomgroove.com/"]www.thebottomgroove.com[/url]

WITB:
Callaway Big Bertha Epic 10.5
Callaway BBA 5 Wood
Callaway XR 7 Wood - Frankenstyle
Apex Hybrid 23deg
Apex Pro 5i-PW
MD3 52, 56 W-Grind
MD3 60 PM Grind
Odyssey O-Works - #1/3T (putter commitment issues)