2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Should Topic Title Be: Tiger Is Done, or Is Tiger Done?

DrSchteeve

Done. Maybe, but I'm hoping not. He's definitely rusty and it's gonna take more than one week for me to think he's finished. Yes his long game was all over the place but he still managed to score better than 40 guys who've been playing for the last year and just two worse than his playing partner Jason Day (world #1). For all that would say his circus caused Day and Johnson to miss the cut I say that if he gets his game back and that pressure causes players to falter then he still has a clear advantage.

i just think Tiger is good for the game not a bad thing.

Topic title should be: Am I a troll? or I am a troll!

First official PGA event after 17 month, missed cut, now he is done?

Jason Day is done, or is Jason Day done?

Dustin Johnson is done, or is Dustin Johnson done?

Brooks Koepka is done, or is Brooks Koepka done?

Rickie Fowler is done, or is Rickie Fowler done?

COBRA LTDx LS 9* 

Taylormade P790 2 Iron
Taylormade P790 3 - 4 Irons 
Taylormade P750 5 - 6 Irons 
Taylormade P730 7 - 9 Irons
ARTISAN GOLF 0318 mallet

ARTISAN GOLF custom grind 45* wedge 

ARTISAN GOLF custom grind 50* wedge
ARTISAN GOLF custom grind 55* wedge

Earlier in the week, Dennis Paulson said that he thought Tiger didn't even play a practice round on the North Course. I just wonder if the "rust" was simply lack of preparation ? I would like to see Tiger be competitive again, but, with his dedication to his kids, I wonder what his commitment level is for golf.

Things never change. Tiger has a bad round and the sky is falling crowd comes out----just like clockwork.

While what you are saying is true, it's also true the over-the-top expectations of a rather physically broken down 41 yo golfer. I feel Tiger not only has lost his physicality, but has also lost his mojo.

Other than Ronnie Lester in college, my favorite basketball player ever was Larry Bird. Aside from the tragedy of a career cut short by bone spurs and a bad back and watching that play out (although he got out without prolonging it way too long), think of the guys who were hobbled in the twilight of their careers who came in to help out the Celts a little bit - Pete Maravich, the Big Redhead. It was hard to watch those guys play as something considerably less than what they were in their primes, but I appreciated them for what they had been and the effort they were giving.

Not being a huge Tiger lover, I have always enjoyed his skills and talent and even rooted for him (!) and being of a little older generation find myself watching just to see how he is physically and am hoping he shows a little brilliance before it's over.

Still funny how much blind love and actual hate there is for him. Doesn't mean we can't make fun of him or appreciate his talent and hang out somewhere in between the extremes.

DrSchteeve......so does that DJ and Jason Day are done. They missed the cut. Woods was even on day two which proved to be a more difficult day then the first. For F@!! sakes he just came back for a 15 month layoff. His scoring with that in mind.....not bad. The threads are friggin brutal and showing how big of an idiot the guy is who starts them.

I'd say wait and see as time will tell.

There are no minor leagues for him to go and warm up to it. He would receive the same attention regardless of where he played. You play or you don't. 2 back surgeries, nearly 2 years away.

Let's see what's there in April, June, August.

Callaway Epic MAX 10.5*
Callaway Mavrik MAX 15*
Taylor Made M4 19* & 22* hybrids
PING G410 5-U w/DG 105s 
Cleveland RTX 54* & 58*
Odyssey Stroke Lab Big Seven Toe Up vs MEZZ1 vs Seemore
Precision Pro Nx7 Pro, Garmin S60 (watch)

https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1580770/recaps-the-taylormade-twistfaceexperience-7-golfwrx-members-visit-the-kingdom-for-an-exclusive-m3/p1

There are no minor leagues for him to go and warm up to it. He would receive the same attention regardless of where he played. You play or you don't. 2 back surgeries, nearly 2 years away.

Problem is his lower back.

He cant fire his swing the way he been used to his whole life, 4 PGA trainers haven't been able to fix it for him.

He is severely limited in his spine movements and with that mechanic, he will crash again.

One can see how old senior swings he does at the range and then on tee he basically collapse.

The best paid experts cant make him better, anyone else dispute that evidence?

Knows the secret to the golf swing to own it.
300+ yards and 4% dispersion for unmatched accuracy
Golf God

So since I'm getting plenty of crap for being a doctor, I might as well as well make some quasi-medical observations, or at least this one. Tiger's back is not healthy. Obviously there's not enough issues to preclude him from playing, but the swings he was taking at the Farmer's were the swings of somebody who either 1) can't make full rotational spine movements, or 2) is afraid to make full rotational spine movements. It's most noticeable on the follow through, which at the Farmer's was very abbreviated and upright.

I agree. And I think it to be expected when there are cold, wet conditions. Anyone who has had back issues will tell you that it's hard to get loose when it's cold. It's probably the reason he was playing a cut/slice. It's much easier on the body.

When it's warm it's easier to get loose and he'll probably hit more shots like he did on the Bahamas.

Well he could do the Web.com tour as a warm up. But the media circus and security issues would likely be an issue.

He cant fire his swing the way he been used to his whole life, 4 PGA trainers haven't been able to fix it for him.

He is severely limited in his spine movements and with that mechanic, he will crash again.

One can see how old senior swings he does at the range and then on tee he basically collapse.

LOL....all that after one tournament which was preceded by a long medical absence, learning a new swing and playing new clubs. What else does your crystal ball show?

I feel the haters

TW missed the cut

But the #1 and #3 golfers in the world did as well. Clearly this was no walk in the park.

TW played as well or better than 47 guys

Shot even par on Friday. And I bet his short game stats were very good.

What happened to the "chip yip" haters?

Anyway, disappointing but not a disaster.

And given the interest in TW is through the roof, I am sure we are all looking forward to next week ; )

Didn't we hear this kind of jabber back in 2012 and 2013? And how did that turn out?

I'm not counting Tiger out until he officially says he's retired or until he is 52 years old.

I remember when Rory missed a couple of cuts a year or so ago and people were saying he was finished. People are very quick to judge.

I feel the haters

TW missed the cut

But the #1 and #3 golfers in the world did as well. Clearly this was no walk in the park.

And given the interest in TW is through the roof, I am sure we are all looking forward to next week ; )

LOL, Brandel couldn't help mentioning there was no sign so far of chipping issues.

This from a friggin ten capper who wouldn't know "done" if it jumped up and bit him in the ..., LMFAO?!?!?

Oh Dear God, I love this place???

All the Best,

RP

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

I feel the haters

TW missed the cut

A member actually posted something about Jason and Dustin missing the cut because of Tiger. That's some good toilet reading material right there.
Cobra fly z+ Aldila rogue black
TM aero burner mini driver aldila rogue black
TM R9 3&5 wood stock
2016 mizuno jpx ez 4-gw
Cleveland cg16 50,56,62
Odyssey black series #5

IMO: TID

The sooner he quits, the better. Painful to watch, and it's not going to get better. He's been dealing with this set, reset, then reset again for at least 3 years. He torched his body with his violent swings, and it's not going to recover.

I remember watching him as an amateur and seeing how hard he swung a pitching wedge, and wondering: can his body do that for a lifetime? Answer: no.

I agree with you. I watched every minute of his performance at the Farmers, and he's done. Looking at his face on the final few holes, he knows it, too.

You can discern the mindset of one of the greatest athletes to ever walk the planet

On your TV?

What can you do in person?!

; )

Favorite movie ever!

Ping G410 Plus 10.5

Ping G410 14.5

Mizuno JPX 825 Pro 4-GW

Cleveland CG-10 52,56,60

Cleveland Classic 4.5

This from a friggin ten capper who wouldn't know "done" if it jumped up and bit him in the ..., LMFAO?!?!?

Oh Dear God, I love this place???

All the Best,

RP

Thats *doctor* 10 cap, to you.

Wonder if he has one of those cool alpha/numeric beepers...

Just kidding, Doc. But maybe we should see if the prescribed course of treatment is efficacious before pronouncing him dead ; )

Honestly it doesn't really matter at this point. Tiger has gotten to where it's just nice to see him playing. He's obviously had an odd career filled with highs and lows, but through it all he seems popular with other players, the fans like him, and he is a legend of the game that we get to watch for maybe only a few more years playing full schedule

I used to never like watching Tiger, it was boring because he was so good and you didn't always appreciate it. But no knowing he's 40 and maybe won't be around a ton longer....i just like watching him tee it up

I don't care if he wins or doesn't. He can finish 65th and he's still the reason a lot of these guys are making the money they are, or in some cases even got into the game

Srixon ZX5 w/PX Hzrdus Red 60

Srixon ZX 15 w/PX Hzrdus Red 70

Tour Edge C723 21* w/PX hzrdus black 80

Titleist T150 4-AW w/PX LZ 6.0

Titleist Jet Black 54/60 with PX LZ 6.0

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

He does not need any of those people...he has all the experts here on this board to diagnose all his issues for him.

Tiger should just aim further left and get this march to 19 majors back on track!

HE'S BACK BABY!

GO TIGER!!

TIGER HOW COME YOU NEVER TWEET ME BACK BRO?

I LOVE YOU TIGER! SO TWEET ME. PLEASE?

HELLO?....TIGER?

ARE YOU THERE TIGER? IT'S ME (favorite sycophant name here)

TIGER!!!

TIGER DID YOU SEE HOW I CALLED THAT ONE GUY WHO DOUBTS YOU BASED ON YOUR PERFORMANCE AND HEALTH A TROLL? THAT WAS AWESOME! HEY, DID YOU GET THE DM I SENT? MY # IS IN THERE IF YOU NEED TO TALK. I'LL RESEND IF YOU ACCIDENTALLY DELETED IT. I FORGIVE YOU.

OK TALK TO YOU LATER TIGER! TWEET ME BACK OR TEXT ME MAN. BYE BUDDY!

Callaway XR Pro Attas Tour SPX X
Taylormade Tour issue 15* V Steel 3 wood
Hybrid undecided
Cobra Amp Cell Pro's (All MB) 4-GW Project X Rifle 6.0
Cleveland CG15 56 and 60
White Hot 6 Long Neck

A member actually posted something about Jason and Dustin missing the cut because of Tiger. That's some good toilet reading material right there.

THAT is THE comment of the year so far???

I've hadda rough week and just dropped in here for shats and giggles and it just keeps getting better and better!!!

I friggin love you guys?

You're the BEST!!!

Fairways & Greens 4ever My Friends,

RP

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

So since I'm getting plenty of crap for being a doctor, I might as well as well make some quasi-medical observations, or at least this one. Tiger's back is not healthy. Obviously there's not enough issues to preclude him from playing, but the swings he was taking at the Farmer's were the swings of somebody who either 1) can't make full rotational spine movements, or 2) is afraid to make full rotational spine movements. It's most noticeable on the follow through, which at the Farmer's was very abbreviated and upright.

Actually spent some time with a very qualified back guy this morning who is a golf nut and he watched the replays the last two evenings and says no doubt in his mind as well (admittedly from watching on TV) Tiger is protecting his back and that it would be natural and maybe necessary for him to do so. Also says he'd be surprised if he hadn't had something fused but not claiming he has and not trying to start anything with that remark. Just the volume of procedures and what we've seen for results concerns him. Should take some time to know anything - so in no sense would there be any real discussion of him being done, any more than thinking based on what anyone is seeing he will be winning a major any time soon.

I wanna know how Taylormades driver fitting for Tiger went, if that's the best they could come up with .

You mean to see if his ball will fit comfortably in his pocket 'cause he needs to take it out and place it in the fairway to hit one?

LOL--- a month ago there was speculation from the Tiger fans that the Bridgestone B330's would be flying off the shelves because Tiger had chosen that ball. Then the same for TM clubs... After this week I'm wondering if stores are seeing those same products being returned? :)