2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

Taylormade Spider Tour Putters

justincredible04

I took the plunge on the black. Really just loved the look of it. I am coming from a ping Karsten 1959 bb60. Very different putter and a great difference in feel. Once I get used to it I think it will help me sink a few more. I also tried the Red, which was also impressive. On feel the red may take it, softer feel, maybe, but almost seemed a more perceptible feel. That could have been sound or the different grip, not sure exactly. I was getting more in with the Black and that is probably only for two reasons. One I want and like the look of the black better and secondly I am red and green color blind, my perceived vision differences most likely impacted alignment(I cannot use a red putter). As others have mentioned if I had a choice I would have the Day insert in the Black putter, but I am still content with the product. Have an indoor putting green been practicing a bit, but have a couple planned rounds next week.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Buddy gave me a ride in a huracan and I happened to have the Spider with me ��

I can post one from my coupe later today...only problem is its a Honda.

edit: does he ever take it to a track? Those Huracan's are great track cars.

You are right, but unfortunately I dont think it will ever see the track. Ok last pic of the beast. On a sidenote. There is a sticker on the windshield saying that the car's bumber can only withstand a collision at 2.5 mph. Lol

Is a spider putter the only club that fits Is the car?

Ping G410 lst diamana bf
Ping g410lst 3 wood accra tz6
Epic flash 5 wood tensei blue
ping g410 tensei hybrid
Epon 705 5-gw Oban ct115
Callaway MD5 54/58
taylormade my spider 
ping hoofer
tp5x

Has anyone tried changing the weights and having more/less weight in the toe compared to the heel? My miss is usually right from not squaring up the clubface at impact. Curious if adding more weight to the toe or heel would help in squaring up the putter easier. I've read conflicting theories on this. In a driver it seems the idea is to put more weight in the heel to promote a draw, but in the putter world, it seems that more toe hang/weight in the toe helps square the clubface.

Cally AI Smoke TD 9 Ventus Black 6x
Sim 16.5 Ventus Black 7x
Titeist TSi3 18 Hybrid GD Tour AD IZ 85x
Srixon ZX7 Mkii 4-PW DG TI 120 X100
Vokey SM9 50/54/60
TM Spider X Tour Stability Shaft

ProV1

Has anyone tried changing the weights and having more/less weight in the toe compared to the heel? My miss is usually right from not squaring up the clubface at impact. Curious if adding more weight to the toe or heel would help in squaring up the putter easier. I've read conflicting theories on this. In a driver it seems the idea is to put more weight in the heel to promote a draw, but in the putter world, it seems that more toe hang/weight in the toe helps square the clubface.

I think because there is no rotation of the hands in the putter stroke, a heavier weight on one side would not help close or open the face at impact. Toe hang is the only thing that influences opening/closing of face. I'm not a scientist so I can't give you any clear reasoning as to why that is but maybe someone else can.

I've been on a scotty kick and am contemplating trying one of these out.

[b]Driver: [/b]Taylormade M1 2017 9.5, Project X HZRDUS 6.5
[b]Fairway:[/b] Ping I20 3 wood, Graphite Design ad-di x-flex
[b]Hybrid: [/b] Titleist 915h, Graphite Design ad-di x-flex
[b]Irons: [/b]4-pw Callaway X-forged 2013, kbs c-taper x-flex
[b]Wedges: [/b]52f, 56s, 60m Titleist vokey sm6, kbs c-taper x-flex
[b]Putter: [/b]Scotty Cameron Newport Select 2.5
[b]Ball: [/b]Titleist Pro-V1x

everyone has to go on one of these at some point in your golfing life, it's like a rite of passage............but once the blue haze clears you realise its just another putter but at a quadrillion the price and it aint any better than most of the rest.

Theres a reason Odyssey are #1 on the tours

everyone has to go on one of these at some point in your golfing life, it's like a rite of passage............but once the blue haze clears you realise its just another putter but at a quadrillion the price and it aint any better than most of the rest.

Theres a reason Odyssey are #1 on the tours

With this particular iteration of Spider, TM may have matched Odysseys' design prowess. I own Odysseys, Pings and Scottys but this is the one I have been grabbing every round. Been loving this putter due to the feel/sound, consistency, not to mention looks. There's a reason why there is a few major winners gaming this design. Love my Odysseys but...this one is a grand slam for TM. No, I am not really gaining many more strokes per round. I am however enjoying putting more using it:-)

One thing that may help fit for any of you guys, my daughter switched to it from a scotty recently. This weekend went to her short game/putting coach and he put her on the sam putt lab with it to get her specs recorded. she was lining it up about 2.1 degrees closed on average at address over a good # of putts. With her scotty, with the same #, she lined it up at address inside 1 degree square - inside the margin. He measured and the spider had 4.0 degrees of loft and the scotty's have 1.5.

The 4.0 loft can make it appear like you need to close it (he said) - so he adjusted the spider to 1.5 loft and voila, lined it up square as the scotty doing a blind test. Just thought would throw that out there.

Question - my daughter liked the black spiders grip - the winn avs mid size grip - the red has a medalist standard grip. The head weights are the same but the red grip is 59 grams and the black mid size is 77 grams.

If you get a mid size to match the black spider grip and put it on the red, will that mess up and weight, feel etc?

This post may be somewhat contrarie but I went with the spider platinum. TM had a demo day locally and after testing all three spiders I could not deny the platinum. The high MOI is such a confidence boost standing over the ball and the roll is just so smooth. All this coming from a Protype 2-Ball. The only disappointment was discovering the platinum line does not offer interchangeable weights. At the end of the day, all three putters are great but don't sell the platinum short.

G410 LST 9* w/ Small Batch HZRDUS Green 70 6.5
G425 Max 14.5* w/ Tensei Pro Blue 80TX
818 19* w/ Tensei Pro White 90TX
TM UDI 18* w/ Tensei Pro White 100TX
0311T w/ Nippon Modus 5-PW 3 120X
SM8 50F, 54S and Wedgeworks 58V w/ Nippon Modus 125X
Tour Issue Spider Tour Black
2019 ProV1

Is there anywhere that isn't backordered? Missed buying one when I had the chance.

There's been 4-5 for sale on bst over the last week. Have you checked there ?

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Received these two LH beauties today. Putted indoors tonight for awhile, and the Tour Black set up perfect for me, and just felt very comfortable. I might give the nod on the feel slightly to the Tour Red, but the two are very close. First blush, the Tour Black will get first crack at being in the bag. Tour Red TBD.

Both Black and Red seem to set up nicely square for me. I don't feel like I need to manipulate either in order to get it square. Although, when set up square, neither stock grip is perfectly straight. I would chalk that up to likely human error on the grip installation at TM. That said, I'd rather have the putter set up square, with the ability to install my own grip if/when I feel the need to.

75459f92ed2d4de97c9b9a600c8b8940.jpg

f698fe4b265cbdb65b2d0c47dec46adc.jpg

d690af8a50ff2e9360083148c7b2fced.jpg

Ping G430 Max 9* Driver, GD Tour AD VR-6 S

Callaway ‘23 Great Big Bertha 3 and 5 Woods, GD Tour AD VR-7 S

Callaway Paradym X 4 and 5 Hybrids, Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black 80 6.0

Mizuno JPX 923 HM Irons 6-GW, MMT 105 S

Taylormade Milled Grind 4 Wedges 54*/11 and 58*/11, MMT 105 TX (ss1x)

Odyssey O-Works #7CH Putter

Received these two LH beauties today. Putted indoors tonight for awhile, and the Tour Black set up perfect for me, and just felt very comfortable. I might give the nod on the feel slightly to the Tour Red, but the two are very close. First blush, the Tour Black will get first crack at being in the bag. Tour Red TBD.

Both Black and Red seem to set up nicely square for me. I don't feel like I need to manipulate either in order to get it square. Although, when set up square, neither stock grip is perfectly straight. I would chalk that up to likely human error on the grip installation at TM. That said, I'd rather have the putter set up square, with the ability to install my own grip if/when I feel the need to.

b5651729d6de8d99f59ca9c31d8c7bcb.jpg

1406464639e06b2c62a6599faeecf18d.jpg

8c2a019988f1dae18f956e7cb83639a1.jpg

It may be the loft - ours was 4.0, not 3.5 and was getting setup closed. Changed it to 1.5 and set up square on Sam Putt Lab testing.

Question - my daughter liked the black spiders grip - the winn avs mid size grip - the red has a medalist standard grip. The head weights are the same but the red grip is 59 grams and the black mid size is 77 grams.

If you get a mid size to match the black spider grip and put it on the red, will that mess up and weight, feel etc?

It will just match the black's weight and feel.

I bought a black last week from TGW, glad I did as they ran out shortly after I purchased. Played down at Horseshoe Bay this weekend and only had one 3 putt, which was a really long one for eagle on a par 5. Mine seems to sit very straight and much easier to get square on the line than my old newport 2. I think the reason I'm liking it is it swings like a blade but you get forgiveness of a mallet. I might throw an iomic grip on it but other than that I'm really enjoying it. It will be interesting to use it on my home course where I know the greens and see if there is a difference in performance vs with the newport.

I think the reason I'm liking it is it swings like a blade but you get forgiveness of a mallet.

Glad you are enjoying yours. I am excited about getting mine into play this coming weekend. And to expand on your statement, the reason I bought the TM Spider Tour is because it checks a lot of boxes for me, and surely many others. High MOI mallet. Slant neck which is visually appealing to me. Half-shaft offset. Moderate toe hang which works for my arc stroke. Adjustable weights. It really does have a lot to offer, and the Tour acceptance (and success) certainly doesn't hurt. Now I need to see how it performs for me in rounds.

b5651729d6de8d99f59ca9c31d8c7bcb.jpg

1406464639e06b2c62a6599faeecf18d.jpg

8c2a019988f1dae18f956e7cb83639a1.jpg

how do you find only having 3 toes?

Could someone clarify this for me please? I can see from earlier on this thread that quite a lot of these putters sit open or closed, generally not square. My question is, if I were to order one and it arrives sitting closed or open, could my club pro easily manipulate it to make it square or is it a problem that I would be stuck with?

Thanks.

PING G430 Max 10.5* Project X Hazrdus Smoke Red RDX 50

PING 425 3H 19Alta CB 75

PING 425 4H 22Alta CB 75

Titleist T200 5i True Temper AMT Red Steel

Titleist T150 6i-GW True Temper AMT Red Steel

Titleist SM9 Vokey 52*, 56*, 60* Dynamic Gold R300

PING 2023 Anser

Srixon Z Star 

Dagnabit!! See what happens when I let my guard down for a minute... Always check for toes. Always check for toes. Well, I have fixed it in my OP, although my toes will be immortalized in the quoted posts. Back to regularly scheduled programming.

Dagnabit!! See what happens when I let my guard down for a minute... Always check for toes. Always check for toes. Well, I have fixed it in my OP, although my toes will be immortalized in the quoted posts. Back to regularly scheduled programming.

big toe is still poking up lol

Maybe he thinks its a toe hang putter.

I have a tour 35 inch (only length left in stock) DJ model on the way. I'm currently playing a 33 inch Newport two and like a little bit of a heavier weight. If I'm going to cut this down and stick either a SS Flatso 1.0 or Tour SNSR what would be a good starting point for replacement weights? I was thinking of ordering 12g and seeing how that goes.

I realize this can be personal preference but just wanted to see what would be recommended. Also, is there a certain place/vendor someone can recommend? The most options I found were on eBay but I've read some feedback on here about some not fitting right or sticking out so if anyone can suggest a place they had good experiences with I'd really appreciate it.

Thank you,

Ping G400 LST 8.5 Degree - HC EvenFlow Blue 65
Callaway XR 4 Wood - Graphite Design Tour AD DJ 8X
Titleist 816 H2 21 Degrees - Graphite Design Tour AD DI 85Hybrid X
Srixon U65 20 Degrees (Bent 18) - HC HZRDUS BLK 105G 6.5
Titleist 716 AP2 4-PW - KBS Tour X-Stiff
Titleist Vokey SM6 - 50,55,60 - KBS Hi Rev 2.0
Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2/TeI3 Newport 2

I installed a Flatso 1.0 grip on my Spider Tour last night, and everything feels good so far. It was good to be able to set up the grip square with the putter set up square in its playing position.

I also went through my TM weights I had lying around, and really only had 4g weights and 16g weights. The 16g weights obviously made a heavy head, so not sure that will be the best direction. Installed the 4g weights for the time being, but I might try some 6g or 8g weights.

96bf7d535cf59127659ae940d8ffcf4b.jpg

efe9eaffeb3e61e773da3fde6e8b663f.jpg

Could someone clarify this for me please? I can see from earlier on this thread that quite a lot of these putters sit open or closed, generally not square. My question is, if I were to order one and it arrives sitting closed or open, could my club pro easily manipulate it to make it square or is it a problem that I would be stuck with?

Thanks.

I couldn't say for certain but I would imagine that your club pro could pretty easily make the shaft square to the putter face if the putter arrives and it looks open or closed at address. I could be wrong but I would imagine that it's a simple procedure to correct.

PING G430 Max 10.5* Project X Hazrdus Smoke Red RDX 50

PING 425 3H 19Alta CB 75

PING 425 4H 22Alta CB 75

Titleist T200 5i True Temper AMT Red Steel

Titleist T150 6i-GW True Temper AMT Red Steel

Titleist SM9 Vokey 52*, 56*, 60* Dynamic Gold R300

PING 2023 Anser

Srixon Z Star 

Thanks.

Unless you put it on a SAM Putt system, it's going to be hard to tell if it's truly closed or open with certainty. My experience was this - my daughter, was lining it up 2.0 to 2.5 degrees closed on average over 5-6 putts - she didn't see the #'s, we were doing a blind test. With her Scotty, she was lining up within the margin of 0.5 - 1.0. The loft on the Scotty is 1.5 - the loft on the Spider is 4.0 (says 3.5 but ours was 4.0). We bent the loft to 1.5 on the spider and immediately started lining up the same as the Scotty, .05-1.0. The loft will play tricks with your eyes.