2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

Taylormade Spider Tour Putters

justincredible04

It seems weird to me that TM has had this putter (or the style) for so long and only in the past year it's exploded on tour

I think it has to do with the small size / slant neck combo. I know I am not on tour but personally I have always loved the way a spider sets up behind the ball but never had much success with a double bend shaft. I got excited on these because I get the best of both worlds the excellent alignment and the toe hang.

That's probably it, I do really like that slant neck

WITB
Taylormade SIM2 10.5* Ventus Black 6X
Taylormade SIM 19* AD-DI 7X

Taylormade Stealth 3h Ventus Blue 9X
Mizuno MP-69 4-PW Modus 120 S
Vokey SM9 50 - 55 - 60 DGTI S400 

Scotty Cameron GoLo 6

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Winn AVS midsize? Believe it's 75 grams

Yeah... can't find anything on that specific grip. Is it the same as the excel medalist? That one is 75 grams.

Stock has to be the standard medalist. No way that's a midsize grip.

It's definitely midsize.

Man, I'm going to need to try the jumbo then.

Ping G425 Max 9*, Aldila Rogue White 70s

Titleist TS3 4 wood, Diamana Kal’li 70s

New Level 902 PD, PX 6.5

Vokey SM9 52*, PX 6.5

Vokey SM9 56*, PX 6.5 

Odyssey White Hot OG 7CH

I read that the JD models have some sort of material applied to the face rather that grooves cut into the face so that will wear out. That's why I first bought the DJ version. I have not been able to double check this but it seems right.

Bettinardi BB8 Reserve 300 pcs. 33"

Byron Morgan 615 33"

The biggest difference other than color and insert is that the J Day sits square. The DJ has more loft bc it's suited to a forward press like DJ. The J Day shaft points straight up when soled while the DJ shaft points slightly back

you are 100% WRONG!!! both are 3.5* loft, 38* toe hang.. , and like i said, i just saw 2 at my club, the red sat square, the black open..

Umm what i said didn't contradict you. My DJ sits open a degree or two but the slant neck makes the shaft point slightly back. The only way to get the DJ to have a square face is to press the hands forward. Chill out buddy

Driver(s) - TSR3 Ventus Red 6s and G430 Ventus TR 6x

TSR2 15* Di7s

Sim 2 19* / Tensei AV Blue 85s

Sim2 22* / Tensei AV Blue 85s

MP18 MMC 5-Pw

SM8 50* 

Jaw Raw 54s  

Vokey SM8 M Grind 59*

Spider Plumber's Neck

Callaway Chrome Tour X

The biggest difference other than color and insert is that the J Day sits square. The DJ has more loft bc it's suited to a forward press like DJ. The J Day shaft points straight up when soled while the DJ shaft points slightly back

you are 100% WRONG!!! both are 3.5* loft, 38* toe hang.. , and like i said, i just saw 2 at my club, the red sat square, the black open..

Umm what i said didn't contradict you. My DJ sits open a degree or two but the slant neck makes the shaft point slightly back. The only way to get the DJ to have a square face is to press the hands forward. Chill out buddy

When mine is soled or rests it sits wide up open.

[color=#ff0000]Teaching out of Crystal Springs Golf Course[/color]<br /><br />Golf Digest Best Teachers In California 2005-2018<br /><br />Golf Digest Best Young Teachers In America 2007-2012<br /><br />[color=#0000ff]Head Men's Golf Coach Notre Dame de Namur [/color][color=#0000FF]University [/color]<br /><br />[color=#DAA520]My WITB[/color]<br /><br /><br /><br />[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/430688-zach-heussers-golf-clubs-putter-collection-and-man-cave-pics/"]http://www.golfwrx.c...-man-cave-pics/[/url]<br />@Zheusser on twitter

Is there really a difference between the red and black versions

Yes

Ok so what would the difference be other than color??

One of them is for hacks and posers, the other is for players and cool folks.

You determine which is which...

Wow yeah that really helps thanks

Did you read through this thread or the others on wrx, visit the Taylormade website, or google before you ask the question? Any of those would have given you the answer.

Hope that is helpful!

unless I am reading what you are saying wrong, yes you are contradicting. what you said was there IS a difference in specs between the dj and jd, and i'm saying NO there is not, they are both the same specs. nothing about the dj being made special for his forward press is accurate.

Has anyone put a SS pistol gt 2.0 on theirs? Only have 2 gram weights in mine, just wondered how it feels with a counter balance?

I put the pistol GT 2.0 on mine, and put 12 gram weights in the head. Feels awesome.

Taylormade Stealth+ 10.5* with Ventus Blue TR 6X
Srixon ZX 13.5* with Ventus Blue 7X

Srixon ZX 18* with Ventus Blue 7X
Srixon ZXU 20* with Tour AD-DI 95x
Srixon ZX7 5-PW with Modus 125x
Cleveland Zipcore 51* Mid with Modus 125x, 56* Full with Modus 125w, 61* Mid with Modus 125w
Odyssey 2 Ball Ten Armlock
Titleist ProV1

FYI - I absolutely love my DJ Black putter. I was noticing some skidding on the first 3-5 feet and had my putter checked during my Club Champion full bag fitting - the loft on this putter was 1* and with my forward press I had a negative loft at contact. We have now modified this and it is putting the best roll I have seen from any putter I have tried in the past.

Driver: Titleist TSR4 - Folds of Honor Ventura Blue TR
Fairway: Taylormade Stealth 2 16.5 - Tour UB TX

7 Wood: PXG Gen 5 7 wood - AD XS

Hybrid: PXG Gen 6 22* 4 - Tour AD 95x
Irons:   PXG 0317 CB 5-G - Steelfiber Reserve 110cw
Wedges:  TaylorMade MG3 54* / Taylormade Hi Toe 58* - KBS TGI
Putter: 1st - Low Tide Stability BLACK / Odyssey Tank Stability Black CounterBalance / Goodwood M6
Ball: Titleist -Prov1x, 2022 AVX, Tour B XS, TP5x  (Left Dash is number 1 ball but Bridgestone XS is close second)  

This might have been answered already but I don't feel like going thru 14 pages. I am currently gaming an answer style putter but it is 330 grams. Is this much different from a plumbers neck style stroke/putter? Also can you order the black one but with the red one's grip?

Taylormade M2 10.5° [color=#0000ff]Graphite Design AD-BB 7x[/color]
Titleist 913 FD 15° [color=#a9a9a9]Diamana 'Ahina 70x[/color]
Titleist 716 AP2 3 iron [color=#a9a9a9]Accra 110i[/color]
Titleist 716 MB 4-PW [color=#0000ff]Project X 6.0[/color]
Vokey [color=#000000]Jet Black [/color]SM7 52° 56° 60° [color=#000000]S400 Tour Issue Black Onyx[/color]
Scotty Cameron Newport [color=#daa520]Teryllium[/color] Sole Stamp

This might have been answered already but I don't feel like going thru 14 pages. I am currently gaming an answer style putter but it is 330 grams. Is this much different from a plumbers neck style stroke/putter? Also can you order the black one but with the red one's grip?

I was playing a Newport before the spider. The anser has more toe hang than the spider. Meaning the spider is better for someone who has less arc in their stroke.

I specifically had a tendency to pull puts with my Newport and haven't had that issue as often with the spider.

I was playing a Bettinardi Tour BB8 with a sound slot. I wasn't having any problems putting. I did one thing that changed all that. I tried the Spider at Dick's. I loved the first retail DJ putter I bought but sold it to my golf partner. I just received one that came from the vault that has the Itsy Bitsy on the sole with serial numbers. It does feel a little different but not as much as expected. Its does sit exactly square. The shaft on the first retail version I had sat about 3" to the left as opposed to this one. So your hands were more over the ball. A forward press picked up the back of both. The vault model may feel slightly harder. I cannot tell without having both at the same time. I would be happy with either version.

Byron Morgan 615 33"

Why is the platinum $80 cheaper then the DJ & JD? Because no staffer is playing it?

Smoke 9* GD IZ 5s
Smoke 🔹🔹🔹15* GD IZ 6s
Smoke 19*GD IZ 7s
T150's 5-PW KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 50/12F KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 54/10S KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 58/08M KBS Tour
TM Spider Tour X

Nike 006 Paul Casey Proto 
Nike 006 Rory Proto 

PRO V1 #36 or #70

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/973333-mnnikeguy-nike-oven-witb/"]WITB Link[/url]

The platinum doesn't feel like the DJ even though they are supposed to have the same insert. Clicky and the distance control seemed off. Not a fan of the counter core SS either.

Ping G425 Max 9*, Aldila Rogue White 70s

Titleist TS3 4 wood, Diamana Kal’li 70s

New Level 902 PD, PX 6.5

Vokey SM9 52*, PX 6.5

Vokey SM9 56*, PX 6.5 

Odyssey White Hot OG 7CH

unless I am reading what you are saying wrong, yes you are contradicting. what you said was there IS a difference in specs between the dj and jd, and i'm saying NO there is not, they are both the same specs. nothing about the dj being made special for his forward press is accurate.

I just got the black dj model. Sits absolutely square as square can be on its own without a fwd press. Some of the others in the store did look open both the red and black. Seems like luck of the draw more than a purposely done.

I just got the black dj model. Sits absolutely square as square can be on its own without a fwd press. Some of the others in the store did look open both the red and black. Seems like luck of the draw more than a purposely done.

I put 18 of these putters down before I found a DJ model that sit the way I liked it...open. some of them sit closed, some are square but few are open as mine. I forward press a little bit, so it closes slightly and its perfection and it has 1 degree of loft....oh so perfect

I was playing a Bettinardi Tour BB8 with a sound slot. I wasn't having any problems putting. I did one thing that changed all that. I tried the Spider at Dick's. I loved the first retail DJ putter I bought but sold it too my golf partner. I just received one that came from the vault that has the Itsy Bitsy on the sole with serial numbers. It does feel a little different but not as much as expected. Its does sit exactly square. The shaft on the first retail version I had sat about 3" to the left as opposed to this one. So your hands were more over the ball. A forward press picked up the back of both. The vault model may feel slightly harder. I cannot tell without having both at the same time. I would be happy with either version.

Hope you didn't pay vault price because that model isn't from the vault... the one's from the vault do not have a serial number. The one you have is from the pre-release in November of last year before the full retail came out with the Tour soleplates.

I was playing a Newport before the spider. The anser has more toe hang than the spider. Meaning the spider is better for someone who has less arc in their stroke.

I specifically had a tendency to pull puts with my Newport and haven't had that issue as often with the spider.

Thanks that helps a bunch.

Taylormade M2 10.5° [color=#0000ff]Graphite Design AD-BB 7x[/color]
Titleist 913 FD 15° [color=#a9a9a9]Diamana 'Ahina 70x[/color]
Titleist 716 AP2 3 iron [color=#a9a9a9]Accra 110i[/color]
Titleist 716 MB 4-PW [color=#0000ff]Project X 6.0[/color]
Vokey [color=#000000]Jet Black [/color]SM7 52° 56° 60° [color=#000000]S400 Tour Issue Black Onyx[/color]
Scotty Cameron Newport [color=#daa520]Teryllium[/color] Sole Stamp

I was playing a Bettinardi Tour BB8 with a sound slot. I wasn't having any problems putting. I did one thing that changed all that. I tried the Spider at Dick's. I loved the first retail DJ putter I bought but sold it too my golf partner. I just received one that came from the vault that has the Itsy Bitsy on the sole with serial numbers. It does feel a little different but not as much as expected. Its does sit exactly square. The shaft on the first retail version I had sat about 3" to the left as opposed to this one. So your hands were more over the ball. A forward press picked up the back of both. The vault model may feel slightly harder. I cannot tell without having both at the same time. I would be happy with either version.

Hope you didn't pay vault price because that model isn't from the vault... the one's from the vault do not have a serial number. The one you have is from the pre-release in November of last year before the full retail came out with the Tour soleplates.

So the retail ones have no serial numbers and neither do the ones from the vault. The only ones with serial numbers according to you are the pre-release putters. That makes no sense at all. I have read that Adidas cannot find buyer for TaylorMade. That's probably because they make too may models of every club they produce, confusing everyone. This thread is a mess as it seems you need a road map to follow the different things on one putter that they made into four.

Byron Morgan 615 33"