REVIEWS: Fujikura ATMOS Tour Spec Testing. Read what member testers say.

On your website, you do not list a 6TX or 7TX as an option. There are a couple of them on eBay. Are these tour issue only or what's the deal? Any idea on the raw weight on the 6TX and 7TX?

TX model shafts are our Tour stock model of the ATMOS TS Black series. This is a way for us to know that the shaft came from the Tour Department. Note: These found on ebay should not be for sale on ebay...

http://fujikuragolf.com http://fujikuragolf.com/dealer-locator

On your website, you do not list a 6TX or 7TX as an option. There are a couple of them on eBay. Are these tour issue only or what's the deal? Any idea on the raw weight on the 6TX and 7TX?

TX model shafts are our Tour stock model of the ATMOS TS Black series. This is a way for us to know that the shaft came from the Tour Department. Note: These found on ebay should not be for sale on ebay...

Can you tell us the difference between the black 6x and Black 6tx for example? Also could one get this through a charter dealer? I love my 8tx in my fairway and want a 6tx for my driver, but would prefer not purchase items that are being sold against your wishes or from individuals not licensed to do so.

Can you tell us the difference between the black 6x and Black 6tx for example? Also could one get this through a charter dealer? I love my 8tx in my fairway and want a 6tx for my driver, but would prefer not purchase items that are being sold against your wishes or from individuals not licensed to do so.

Go up a few posts. I spent a great deal of time with Fujikura Techs over the summer discussing this exact thing and took copious notes. I outlined the majority of it above.

Stealth2+ 9 Atmos RWB 6x / MyStealth+ 9 Atmos Blue 6x | Stealth2+ 15, Ventus Red 8x
TI P770 2 | P770 3, P7MC 4-5, P7MB 6-9 / Miura 1957 4-9, $-Taper 125
TI MG3 46, 50, 54, $-Taper 125 | TI MG3 58 / HT 58, KBS Tour 120 SS
Mann Mini / Cameron CT, MC Smooth | TP5x | My WITB Thread

Another AMAZING driving day at the golf course, this time with the Epic GBB head (I have since sold my Sub Zero) with my ATMOS. Its still in the -1/Draw setting, same as my SubZero. However, the swing weight on this combination is D1 at 44" while my SubZero came in at a D6 in the same shaft.

I think the shaft performed phenomenally with both heads & differing head weights. It really felt good, no looseness. Unloading was SO MUCH FUN, if I decided to crank it, no worries.

But the Epic GBB suits me better with the sliding weight on the draw setting than my SubZero. I think I am longer with the lighter weight and the more draw setting, hitting more fairways with roll.

I was just crushing it against my foursome. The course I was playing was one I have not played in a long time but I use to play it alot many, many years ago and to see the ball end up where it did (even compared to my younger days with longer drivers), it was astonishing to me. On 2 holes I said to the guys, I can't remember the ball ending up this far... no wind, air was a little cold so it was pure swing.

I was blown away. Epic GBB and ATMOS makes a very lethal long combo for me, at least.

ps 44" is the shortest of all the drivers I have owned and I used to play 46" drivers so its saying a lot the energy transfer & better contact with the shorter shaft vs longer shafts. IMHO.

Jus luvin my ATMOS :)

Driver: Taylormade Stealth 2+ 9*, Proxima 5X 

Fairways: Callaway - Rogue ST LS 13.5* & Fujikura Red TR 5S // Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15* & Miyazaki C Kua 43S

Hybrid:   Cobra Speedzone 3 hybrid 19*

Irons:       Ping i530 5-PW AWT 2.0 matte black shafts, JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips
Wedges: Cleveland CBX2 48, Ben Hogan Equalizer 52*, Cleveland Full Face 56*, KBS TGI 100 shafts
Putter:     LAB Golf Mezz.1 ACCRA shaft / Directed Force Reno "2.05 Presse IV tweaked" Putter with OG BGT Stability shaft
Srixon XV 5/6 or Vice Pro Plus. JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips

Moe Norman/Graves Single Plane Swing

Another AMAZING driving day at the golf course, this time with the Epic GBB head (I have since sold my Sub Zero) with my ATMOS. Its still in the -1/Draw setting, same as my SubZero. However, the swing weight on this combination is D1 at 44" while my SubZero came in at a D6 in the same shaft.

I think the shaft performed phenomenally with both heads & differing head weights. It really felt good, no looseness. Unloading was SO MUCH FUN, if I decided to crank it, no worries.

But the Epic GBB suits me better with the sliding weight on the draw setting than my SubZero. I think I am longer with the lighter weight and the more draw setting, hitting more fairways with roll.

I was just crushing it against my foursome. The course I was playing was one I have not played in a long time but I use to play it alot many, many years ago and to see the ball end up where it did (even compared to my younger days with longer drivers), it was astonishing to me. On 2 holes I said to the guys, I can't remember the ball ending up this far... no wind, air was a little cold so it was pure swing.

I was blown away. Epic GBB and ATMOS makes a very lethal long combo for me, at least.

ps 44" is the shortest of all the drivers I have owned and I used to play 46" drivers so its saying a lot the energy transfer & better contact with the shorter shaft vs longer shafts. IMHO.

Oh SB....I can’t remember the ball ending up this far LOL...

Oh SB....I can't remember the ball ending up this far LOL...

25711950078_3c6ea6b208_b.jpg

:) its just interesting that i go back to some courses that i have not played in a long time and see where the drives end now. no one is getting any younger so while i still have my health, strength and flexibility, i'm going to take advantage of the latest tech in the heads and shafts to enjoy this game with my regular 4some.

Mind you, the only thing that this driver combo has not taken yet is my all time best of 344 off my Taylormade Superfast TP and Fubuki Tour at 46". That was a long time ago. I had aa SkyCaddie to track the yardage and a Droid X to take the photo but alas, the photo has gone. That was before cloud storage.

I've sniffed a 327 with this combo on that same course last year. So I'll take whatever the swing gives me,

Luvin my ATMOS :)

Driver: Taylormade Stealth 2+ 9*, Proxima 5X 

Fairways: Callaway - Rogue ST LS 13.5* & Fujikura Red TR 5S // Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15* & Miyazaki C Kua 43S

Hybrid:   Cobra Speedzone 3 hybrid 19*

Irons:       Ping i530 5-PW AWT 2.0 matte black shafts, JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips
Wedges: Cleveland CBX2 48, Ben Hogan Equalizer 52*, Cleveland Full Face 56*, KBS TGI 100 shafts
Putter:     LAB Golf Mezz.1 ACCRA shaft / Directed Force Reno "2.05 Presse IV tweaked" Putter with OG BGT Stability shaft
Srixon XV 5/6 or Vice Pro Plus. JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips

Moe Norman/Graves Single Plane Swing

They are the same shaft just labeled differently. Apologies for the confusion. TX was not intended to be retail release for 60g.

They are the same shaft just labeled differently. Apologies for the confusion. TX was not intended to be retail release for 60g.

Did this change at some point? The information that I posted above was shared with me by an extremely knowledgable and trustworthy member of your technical staff just a few months ago.

Stealth2+ 9 Atmos RWB 6x / MyStealth+ 9 Atmos Blue 6x | Stealth2+ 15, Ventus Red 8x
TI P770 2 | P770 3, P7MC 4-5, P7MB 6-9 / Miura 1957 4-9, $-Taper 125
TI MG3 46, 50, 54, $-Taper 125 | TI MG3 58 / HT 58, KBS Tour 120 SS
Mann Mini / Cameron CT, MC Smooth | TP5x | My WITB Thread

Did this change at some point? The information that I posted above was shared with me by an extremely knowledgable and trustworthy member of your technical staff just a few months ago.

Id also like to know

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like JB Holmes has a Black 9TX in the bag...

Hey Fujikura, what would it take to get my hands one of these? I've been looking for a modern 90g+ fairway shaft, and this would be PERFECT :)

9b71c5de87e8633405283f9d7057edc2.jpg

TaylorMade QI10 9* - Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 8TX

TaylorMade Stealth+ 15* - Fujikura Ventus Red 9TX

NIKE Vapor Fly Pro 3-4i - Fujikura Pro Tour Spec 95X

Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 5 - KBS Tour 130X

Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 6-PW - DG TI X100

Mizuno T22 Raw 50* S, 55* D | TaylorMade Hi Toe 60* - DG TI S400

Scotty Cameron Select Squareback +

Hey Fujikura, what would it take to get my hands one of these? I've been looking for a modern 90g+ fairway shaft, and this would be PERFECT :)

Count me in for the requesting/begging. It really would be a great 5w shaft, could use more loft too and still avoid balloons

Count me in for the requesting/begging. It really would be a great 5w shaft, could use more loft too and still avoid balloons

Count me in also. I liked my 8TX but always liked heavier shafts in the 90g range

I had it in a m2 lift. I played it at 39.75 so it fit into my playing lengths and wasn’t longer like a DI is but I never hit it on a monitor so I’m not sure on carry but I’d say 255-265ish based off a particular hole I play and yardage in on the 2nd taking in some roll.

Well I broke my Atmos Black. I must admit it was a user error. Bad drive and slammed the club head down. I guess I am going to be on BST today sniping.

That sux bro.

Yeah, it was a good run and I still really appreciate GolfWRX and Fujikura for allowing me to be a tester. Haven't found a new one yet but I am patient. One will pop up soon.

I recently had a driver fitting. I had no idea which shaft I'd end up in. I've been following this thread leading up to the fitting and I was hoping to test it out. I was playing a really great shaft heading out there (KK DC TX) and didn't think anything could top it for me. It was such a great combination of low spin, feel and dispersion.

After one swing, I knew this shaft was different from anything I've played before. I have a few rounds in now and it just gets better and better.

We're going to need that 90 tx Fuji:)

Callaway AI Smoke TD 9 Mitsubishi Kai'li white 70TX 

Titleist TSI 16.5 Mitsubishi PD 80TX

Titleist TSR 2 24 Fujikura Ventus Black 9x

Ping i230 U-4 x100

Ping s159 55 H x100

Vokey LBK s400 

Wow, lots of demand for the 90 gram...very cool to see! I will be passing your feedback/requests along to my sales team and will keep everyone posted.

You guys really rock. We at Fuji are obviously huge fans of ATMOS Tour Spec (we're biased), but to see you guys continue to get fit into them, like the performance and show the love in this thread, we can't thank you enough.

Wow, lots of demand for the 90 gram...very cool to see! I will be passing your feedback/requests along to my sales team and will keep everyone posted.

You guys really rock. We at Fuji are obviously huge fans of ATMOS Tour Spec (we're biased), but to see you guys continue to get fit into them, like the performance and show the love in this thread, we can't thank you enough.

Good stuff to hear from you guys. I loved my 8TX in my fairway but sold it to get the p95x but if you put out a 9tx then I’ll have to get one to put in my 3 wood

Hi Guys. I have a quick update after speaking with sales and Tour teams: the 90 gram TX are still super limited for us and allocated for tour only right now. If we move to sales inventory I will keep you guys posted ASAP.

After speaking with my team....I'm in. :)

Callaway AI Smoke TD 9 Mitsubishi Kai'li white 70TX 

Titleist TSI 16.5 Mitsubishi PD 80TX

Titleist TSR 2 24 Fujikura Ventus Black 9x

Ping i230 U-4 x100

Ping s159 55 H x100

Vokey LBK s400 

• 2 weeks later...

I think I'll be putting my 7X Black from the review in my 3 wood this year. I used it here and there this year with pretty good results but I think it's a hair too stout for me. Should be an awesome fairway shaft when im looking for some control off the tee.

10.5* G430 Max Diamana BF 60

15* G430 Max Tour Shaft

21* Apex UW Diamana Ilima 80
22* (bent 23*) X Forged UT KBS Proto

Apex MB 5-PW $-Taper 

Vokey SM9 Raw 50F, 56F, 60T

Toulon La Grange SB w/ KBS CT Tour

Jones Players Series 003