2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Pat Perez - You Don't Know Me

acy274

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The guy in this thread who defends him talks about "being alpha", "Pat pimp slapping everybody bro", and does an official sign out on all his own posts like he just penned an important letter to William Shakespeare and is formally bidding him adieu.

WoW, you don't waste any time slinging unprovoked anonymous passive aggressive insults around, LMAO. Most guys wait till they at least hit 100 posts, lol.

You must be one of those special forces kommando toughies that are flitting about the board?

That's ok though because I'd rather it be me than one of the "quieter" members :)

Regarding how I sign off, I have always done this whether it be texts and emails from myself to employees and clients, a personal email or text or a post or response on a forum board because I find this form of communication and this medium very impersonal, especially on a forum.

You know, fake or non-existent avatars, fictitious user names and the typed word versus the hand written(Yes, all of my personal and important correspondence is hand written on note cards. Something to keep my Grandmother 's memory alive and if nothing else, the recipient will know that I took 10-15 minutes out of my day to write it and drop it in the mail box. No biggy but hey, we all have our quirks, lol) card or letter.

I never really looked at it as "official sign out," only as trying to personalize my post/response and give the individual a level of respect that I feel another human being deserves, whether we agree on the subject matter or not.

Well, that's about it and welcome to the board and I hope that you enjoy your time here :)

All the Best,

RP

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

Lots of judgemental in this thread, perhaps some jealousy?

Good for Pat, playing a lot better at 41 than either me or Tiger.

We're not jealous, we're just a bunch of straight shooters calling it how we see it.

You know what? You don't know me

(preparing long puff piece about MtlJeff)

Srixon ZX5 w/PX Hzrdus Red 60

Srixon ZX 15 w/PX Hzrdus Red 70

Tour Edge C723 21* w/PX hzrdus black 80

Titleist T150 4-AW w/PX LZ 6.0

Titleist Jet Black 54/60 with PX LZ 6.0

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

Christopher Marlowe is writing Richard's posts! ;-)

LMAO, I actually had to write a paper back in college supporting the theory that Marlowe had indeed faked his death and emerged as William, lol. I took the Class as a break from my chem and physics classes and to meet university requirements and the teacher couldn't stand football players even though I was the first one to be in one of her classes, lol. She told me the first day that it was going to be a long semester for me. I got a "C" on the paper, the fist C that I ever got on an English paper(My Grandmother was an English Professor and raised me my first 14 years and was a stickler on the written and spoken word, though I was probably a "project" that she never quite conquered, haha).

I did end up with a hard earned B in the class-

The real kicker??

I would ask her out following that semester and we would go on to date for the next 4 1/2 years, splitting when I graduated and she took a position at Northwestern

Friggin Marlowe, lmao

I learned more about him than I ever cared to and FWIW, I don't believe that he faked his death-

I believe that Ingrim Frizen gutted him like a pig at the slaughterhouse, lol

Have a great weekend Bro?

My Best,

Richard

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

Lots of judgemental in this thread, perhaps some jealousy?

Good for Pat, playing a lot better at 41 than either me or Tiger.

We're not jealous, we're just a bunch of straight shooters calling it how we see it.

You know what? You don't know me

(preparing long puff piece about MtlJeff)

Oh oh, Start with the story about how you took those snow shoes out of the municipal dump and how it made you feel awesome!

Callaway XR Pro Attas Tour SPX X
Taylormade Tour issue 15* V Steel 3 wood
Hybrid undecided
Cobra Amp Cell Pro's (All MB) 4-GW Project X Rifle 6.0
Cleveland CG15 56 and 60
White Hot 6 Long Neck

LMAO, I actually had to write a paper back in college supporting the theory that Marlowe had indeed faked his death and emerged as William, lol. I took the Class as a break from my chem and physics classes and to meet university requirements and the teacher couldn't stand football players even though I was the first one to be in one of her classes, lol. She told me the first day that it was going to be a long semester for me. I got a "C" on the paper, the fist C that I ever got on an English paper(My Grandmother was an English Professor and raised me my first 14 years and was a stickler on the written and spoken word, though I was probably a "project" that she never quite conquered, haha).

The real kicker??

I would ask her out following that semester and we would go on to date for the next 4 1/2 years, splitting when I graduated and she took a position at Northwestern

Friggin Marlowe, lmao

I learned more about him than I ever cared to and FWIW, I don't believe that he faked his death-

My Best,

Richard

Love it!

And glad you waited to ask her out until after the class was done. Graduate teaching assistant/instructor mantra - "sheepdogs don't eat mutton!"

Love it RP. My first uni degree is in Lit.

MTLJeff, I'm holding my breath....

I remember begging my ma for a pair of Jordans. My first pair were actually Jordan IV's. I remember it distinctly. See as I alluded to above, me, Tiger, and Pat are all the same age, bicentennial babes, 1976 - well Tiger is December of 1975. The eighth grade in 1989 was a big time for designer sneakers. I waited for the special release of the Carolina blue. My single parent mother simply walked in the store and purchased them for me all though I do remember the eye roll. She always spoiled me, still does.

I guess we can all take whatever we want from Pat's article. I read most anything, especially a biography, with a desire to enjoy the author. Pat did something few guys have ever done. He has won on the PGA Tour. The overriding theme of his piece is that he's good at golf. He prioritized it. He worked hard for it. He wanted it more than the other guys. Hey, it worked. Good for him. I love golf as much as anyone, anyone. But, it's an effeminate game. To be the "bad boy" of golf and to have people criticize his little man bun makes us look like even bigger sissies. His words about Tiger, him pitching a club, whatever else he and everyone else thinks "define him" are nothing compared to other pro sports. He doesn't use his wife as a punching bag. He's okay in my book.

The real kicker??

Friggin Marlowe, lmao

My Best,

Richard

Love it!

And glad you waited to ask her out until after the class was done. Graduate teaching assistant/instructor mantra - "sheepdogs don't eat mutton!"

HaHa, Bro, she was a full professor, she just was two years in and was from Chi-Town and did her undergrad at NW and wanted to "go home." She is still at NW, full tenured decades ago and Madison actually met her and likes her

Grad A$s or TA??

Nah, if I'm gonna lay it out there, I'm goin for top 'o the food chain?

I may be an idiot but I gotts good taste?

Stay well my Friend?

Fairways & Greens 4ever

Richard

The guy in this thread who defends him talks about "being alpha", "Pat pimp slapping everybody bro", and does an official sign out on all his own posts like he just penned an important letter to William Shakespeare and is formally bidding him adieu.

WoW, you don't waste any time slinging unprovoked anonymous passive aggressive insults around, LMAO. Most guys wait till they at least hit 100 posts, lol.

You must be one of those special forces kommando toughies that are flitting about the board?

That's ok though because I'd rather it be me than one of the "quieter" members :)

Regarding how I sign off, I have always done this whether it be texts and emails from myself to employees and clients, a personal email or text or a post or response on a forum board because I find this form of communication and this medium very impersonal, especially on a forum.

You know, fake or non-existent avatars, fictitious user names and the typed word versus the hand written(Yes, all of my personal and important correspondence is hand written on note cards. Something to keep my Grandmother 's memory alive and if nothing else, the recipient will know that I took 10-15 minutes out of my day to write it and drop it in the mail box. No biggy but hey, we all have our quirks, lol) card or letter.

I never really looked at it as "official sign out," only as trying to personalize my post/response and give the individual a level of respect that I feel another human being deserves, whether we agree on the subject matter or not.

Well, that's about it and welcome to the board and I hope that you enjoy your time here :)

All the Best,

RP

Richard, you're clearly an a-hole...

All the best ,

Fairways and greens,

Isaac. Xo

The real kicker??

Friggin Marlowe, lmao

My Best,

Richard

Love it!

Madison actually met her and likes her.

She's ok........Love, M

All the Best,

RP

All the best ,

Fairways and greens,

Isaac. Xo

LMAO!! I've only used that acronym one other time in the forum, lol. I'm sitting out on the line and I just busted out laughing and the other Pro and his student turned around and looked at me like I've got three eyes, lolol. I'm so happy for you!! Have fun :) Fondly, Madison

All the Best,

RP

All the best ,

Fairways and greens,

Isaac. Xo

LMAO!! I've only used that acronym one other time in the forum, lol. I'm sitting out on the line and I just busted out laughing and the other Pro and his student turned around and looked at me like I've got three eyes, lolol. I'm so happy for you!! Have fun :) Fondly, Madison

I couldn't resist !:)

All the Best,

RP

All the best ,

Fairways and greens,

Isaac. Xo

I couldn't resist !:)

He could use some humbling though I'm pretty sure that he's going to see the "xo" and say, "look sweetie, Isaac loves me too," hahaha. He's had a long two days so I know that that will make him laugh :) Madison

Nike gal

I was thinking about my sore shoulder yesterday and then I remembered my phone conversation with Richard about his latest round of procedures . I picture it something like what would happen if I was abducted by aliens and they prodded and probed me with all kinds of uncomfortable instruments . Somehow compared to cancer treatment my sore shoulder is pretty irrelevant.

All the best to you both !!

Nike gal

I was thinking about my sore shoulder yesterday and then I remembered my phone conversation with Richard about his latest round of procedures . I picture it something like what would happen if I was abducted by aliens and they prodded and probed me with all kinds of uncomfortable instruments . Somehow compared to cancer treatment my sore shoulder is pretty irrelevant.

All the best to you both !!

I get on him a bit but he really does keep it to himself because this is hopefully the end of the chemo winding down and they are giving him heavy doses and as it is an experimental clinical, his father described him as a lab rat for those to follow, though there are two others going through the same treatment. They started last year with eleven patients. He joked with his doc that his odds were better against the +4.8 in 2012 and that turned out ok, lol. While he can get edgy with his doctors, he is very quiet and kind with the nurses, the girls and I. Paige said to say hi :) And Isaac, Nike gal? Please, Maddie or Madison, hahaha. Fondly, Madison

On a side note I've read many "articles" on the Players Tribune website, all of them terribly written, athletes generally do not make good writers

Well, it is said that clear writing is a sign of clear thinking. :-)

As an aside; I think the Players Tribune is probably currently home to the most insightful sports pieces on the internet. Not sure if you expect these guys and gals to write like English professors, but there's no other site that gives the athlete's view of things better than PT.

TSR2 10 Ventus Blue velocore  6S
Paradym Ai Smoke 3D  Ventus Red velocore 7S
Apex '21 19 + 21  GD ADDI 85S
MP20 HMB 5-P Steelfiber S 110
SM9 50F, 55M, 60K Steelfiber S 95
Toulon Chicago

I think it's Sir Francis Bacon...

On a side note I've read many "articles" on the Players Tribune website, all of them terribly written, athletes generally do not make good writers

Well, it is said that clear writing is a sign of clear thinking. :-)

As an aside; I think the Players Tribune is probably currently home to the most insightful sports pieces on the internet. Not sure if you expect these guys and gals to write like English professors, but there's no other site that gives the athlete's view of things better than PT.

I haven't heard of it. Thanks for the heads up.

I'm sorry if my candor has come off as disparaging towards Patrick Perez or Sir Richard. But I must speaketh my mind, for I am a straight shooter bro. If you do not like it then perhaps you are of a jealous nature in regards to my insights. Hmm. Hmm.

And if that doesn't floateth your boat, please give me a free pass, for I grew up in an underprivileged area in only a 1900 square foot home. I had to wear a pair Reebok Pumps and I was not even afforded one beef slider at the turn.

Stay thirsty my friends,

Christopher Marlowe

I'm sorry if my candor has come off as disparaging towards Patrick Perez or Sir Richard. But I must speaketh my mind, for I am a straight shooter bro. If you do not like it then perhaps you are of a jealous nature in regards to my insights. Hmm. Hmm.

And if that doesn't floateth your boat, please give me a free pass, for I grew up in an underprivileged area in only a 1900 square foot home. I had to wear a pair Reebok Pumps and I was not even afforded one beef slider at the turn.

Stay thirsty my friends,

Christopher Marlowe

If it can be said that he's just a straight shooter, why can't you offer a straight shooter opinion?

Pat Perez is possibly the biggest douchebag on tour, and a self-serving puff piece that tries to paint a middle-class upbringing with two parents who both work as "poverty stricken" only further reinforces my opinion of him. The media doesn't "portray" him as an a******, they report what they see, which are the actions and word of an immature a****** who never knows when to shut up.

Mizuno ST 190G w/ Fujikura Motore X F3 6S

Mizuno ST-Z 15° w/ Fujikura Motore X F3 7S

Mizuno ST-Z 18° w/ Fujikura Atmos Black TS 7S

Srixon ZX7 4-PW w/ Nippon Modus 120 Stiff

Taylormade MG 50°/54°/58° w/ Nippon Modus 115 Wedge

Piretti Cottonwood II

Pat Perez is possibly the biggest douchebag on tour, and a self-serving puff piece that tries to paint a middle-class upbringing with two parents who both work as "poverty stricken" only further reinforces my opinion of him. The media doesn't "portray" him as an a******, they report what they see, which are the actions and word of an immature a****** who never knows when to shut up.

I think you took the entire article he wrote about himself out of context.

All the Best,

RP

You're gettin' soft, Richie. :)

Always hoping for the best for you.

I dont know Pat Perez, yes, thats true...but without reading the article, here's what i know about Pat Perez.

I was watching golf on tv one day and Pat Perez was leading the Waste Management Open at TPC of Scottsdale. He was a TM staffer and he was hitting his R series driver really, really good that week. He won the tournament. After that I saw Pat Perez gained some weight. After that he joined Callaway staff. After that I saw a promo video of him hitting a Apex UT iron in the offices of Callaway. After that I saw him hug someone on tv on a tee box. And then I heard he made some tough comments about Tiger. And then I saw this thread on WRX.

That is literally all I know about Pat Perez.

And for the post above mine...RP is a great poster here. Imagine him as the Wal Mart greeter who tries to engage you in conversation and make you feel welcome eventhough 95 percent of the people just want a cart on be on their merry way. Does it seem as if RP takes it upon himself to show us how important he is? Yes...and if you shoot him down on it, he will shoot you back down with why he does what he does in dramatic fashion with something you couldnt have possibly known about him. Its a classic anti-troll method...I love it.

His posts are always insightful and well thought out. However, RP...your maudlin tales and excruiatingly long takes on things are a pleasure to me but I can see where the narrow minded and short brained folk find you too hard to understand.

No need to apologize, lol

Candor, insight and "speaketh the truth" are not the first things that comes to mind when "spoken" by an invisible individual with no avatar and a fictitious user name???

Just what this board needs, lmao

Another invisible anonymous man who "speaks his mind"??

Jealous nature, huh?

Yep, I'm just one jealous beeatch?

No harm no foul Bro?

Stay well My Friend,

RP

I dont know Pat Perez, yes, thats true...but without reading the article, here's what i know about Pat Perez.

I was watching golf on tv one day and Pat Perez was leading the Waste Management Open at TPC of Scottsdale. He was a TM staffer and he was hitting his R series driver really, really good that week. He won the tournament. After that I saw Pat Perez gained some weight. After that he joined Callaway staff. After that I saw a promo video of him hitting a Apex UT iron in the offices of Callaway. After that I saw him hug someone on tv on a tee box. And then I heard he made some tough comments about Tiger. And then I saw this thread on WRX.

That is literally all I know about Pat Perez.

And for the post above mine...RP is a great poster here. Imagine him as the Wal Mart greeter who tries to engage you in conversation and make you feel welcome eventhough 95 percent of the people just want a cart on be on their merry way. Does it seem as if RP takes it upon himself to show us how important he is? Yes...and if you shoot him down on it, he will shoot you back down with why he does what he does in dramatic fashion with something you couldnt have possibly known about him. Its a classic anti-troll method...I love it.

His posts are always insightful and well thought out. However, RP...your maudlin tales and excruiatingly long takes on things are a pleasure to me but I can see where the narrow minded and short brained folk find you too hard to understand.

A WalMart greeter, lmao??

Damn, that's not a pimp slap, that's a kick to the......

Very well placed!!

?

Regards,

RP

I was watching golf on tv one day and Pat Perez was leading the Waste Management Open at TPC of Scottsdale. He was a TM staffer and he was hitting his R series driver really, really good that week. He won the tournament.

Great story however Perez never won a PGA Tour event in Phoenix. #darnedfacts.