2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Pat Perez - You Don't Know Me

acy274

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally and everyone is different and entitled to their opinion, but I read 3 humble brags (the daly story, beating a young tiger, and winning on ASU) and nothing that made my like him or change my opinion of him. Don't know the man personally so I can't judge him by that. But this wasn't a feel good story of overcoming hardship nor did it really explain anything about why he acts the way he does.

Yep still a total ******

Wait, this was supposed to set the record straight on what?

Completely pointless article.

These PGA guys are completely clueless. To them a struggle is having to work a normal job like regular people do.

I was a custodian for 4 years in high school and washed dishes for 3 summers as well, because my parents taught me to work. I don't think that's all that unusual.

If I were Pat Perez I'd be telling you how I had the toughest childhood in history I suppose.

The "straight shooter" excuse for being a jerk is so dumb. Patrick Reed said the same thing on Feherty. These guys pride themselves on being straight shooters, but when the media prints stuff about them in an unflattering light they can't stand it. Hey guys, the media is just shooting straight!

Ah the internet never ceases to amaze me.

Takomo IGNIS D1 9° HZRDUS Smoke Blue 60g / Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9° HZRDUS Smoke Black 70g
Callaway Epic Flash SZ 15° HZRDUS Smoke Black 70g
Callaway Apex '19 3H HZRDUS Handcrafted HYB 85g
PXG 0311P Gen 6 Black Label Elite 4-G KBS Tour Lite S / Miura Baby Blades 3-P Steelfiber 110cw / PING ISI Nickel 1-L G Loomis reg flex
Callaway Jaws Raw 54.10S / 58.8Z
PING Anser 2 Jim Wells 36" / Bettinardi BB-1 (2022) 35" / PING Anser 2 1981 35" / Scotty Cameron CT Squareback Proto 35" 375g

Outlaw Golf Association #21

These PGA guys are completely clueless. To them a struggle is having to work a normal job like regular people do.

I was a custodian for 4 years in high school and washed dishes for 3 summers as well, because my parents taught me to work. I don't think that's all that unusual.

If I were Pat Perez I'd be telling you how I had the toughest childhood in history I suppose.

The "straight shooter" excuse for being a jerk is so dumb. Patrick Reed said the same thing on Feherty. These guys pride themselves on being straight shooters, but when the media prints stuff about them in an unflattering light they can't stand it. Hey guys, the media is just shooting straight!

I don't think the article was pointless, it was actually interesting to read. It is always neat to see how people view themselves, or better yet how they think other should view them.

^ looks like you seem to care. A lot. As well as the other guy above. What did he do to you guys? Kick your dog? Steal your girl? Live a life you're envious of?

Sorry man but it requires neither envy or animosity to observe and comment on his self important diatribe. Just as I don't care what Briny Baird has for dinner at PF Chang's tonight, I'll have nothing to say about it until he tells me that I should care about it.

Don't go dragging Briny into this! He didn't ask for it! A BB reference in a PP thread. Never thought I'd see the day.

Mizuno ST Max 230 10.5* - LinQ Red 6F4

Mizuno ST Max 230 15/18 - LinQ Red 6F4

Mizuno ST Max 230 22 - LinQ Blue 75F4

Mizuno JPX 923 Tour 5-P  DG120 S300

Vokey SM9 50/54/60 - DGS200

Mizuno M-Craft II

CSX   

^ looks like you seem to care. A lot. As well as the other guy above. What did he do to you guys? Kick your dog? Steal your girl? Live a life you're envious of?

Sorry man but it requires neither envy or animosity to observe and comment on his self important diatribe. Just as I don't care what Briny Baird has for dinner at PF Chang's tonight, I'll have nothing to say about it until he tells me that I should care about it.

Don't go dragging Briny into this! He didn't ask for it! A BB reference in a PP thread. Never thought I'd see the day.

well you and Duffy Waldorf need to be better prepared!

Callaway XR Pro Attas Tour SPX X
Taylormade Tour issue 15* V Steel 3 wood
Hybrid undecided
Cobra Amp Cell Pro's (All MB) 4-GW Project X Rifle 6.0
Cleveland CG15 56 and 60
White Hot 6 Long Neck

I don't think the article was pointless, it was actually interesting to read. It is always neat to see how people view themselves, or better yet how they think other should view them.

Interesting compared to what? Pat grew up working golf courses, was good at golf, made it as a pro. Nothing too exciting in there. He didn't exactly set the record straight on anything as far as I could tell.

Interesting compared to what? Pat grew up working golf courses, was good at golf, made it as a pro. Nothing too exciting in there. He didn't exactly set the record straight on anything as far as I could tell.

I did not say exciting or unique, but that I found it interesting how he chooses to tell his personal story. There was no acknowledgement that he ever made mistake in his life, and he somehow thinks he came up with a hard knock life.

I....I...I...Me....Me.....Me that's all the fool ever says

I was so poor I lived in the hood of Cardiff right by the beach.

My dad was a computer junkie and my mom was a real estate addict. Our house was only 2000sqft

I went to Torrey pines HS but I wasn't as entitled as everyone else because I had to work..boo hoo.

The hardest job I ever had was driving around a millionaire and working at one of the most prestigious courses in the country.

I got my free ride taken away becaue I was an a**. Wahhhh

I Talked one of my rich friends into bankrolling me so didn't actually have to earn money to get into tournaments

Seriously, PP is a giant DB. He can talk that poor me junk to everyone else, but people in San Diego know the truth, and he's an embarrassment.

You'd think if he really thinks his rags to riches story is the truth, he would have acted a little better, and been more appreciative of his blessings, then spending the last decade being a complete Jackass on tour.

Agreed.

For non-San Diegians, Torrey Pines is a public school. To be zoned for TP... you ain't middle class.

Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 9°, Rogue Elite 859 65R

Adams Idea Pro 20° VS Proto
Nike VR Pro Combo 3-PW XP115
Nike VR 54/58/62 XP115
Nike MC04w 
TP5X

Guys an as#hole.

This article is simply him telling people about his view of his life. Not setting anything straight.

You want to set something straight??

How about how you've belittled a struggling mini tour pro in front of a crowd

of people in your living room while you were snorting coke off the kitchen counter. Just a guy asking for your advice about what you thought he should do to get to the show. I watched my buddy walk out of the room almost in tears.

How about asking for tons of free merchandise from Taylormade and then Callaway just so you could sell it on the bay to support you coke habit.

Yeah man, you really struggled and set us all straight.

I'll say this about Perez. He's an amazing talent. Maybe one of the most talented guys out there. He'd have to be for how little he's worked at the game. Probably struggled with the game less than anyone I've ever met.

Real sob story. Middle class living in one of the nicest parts of the U.S. Had a 2 income family and access to golf and a free education. Won tournaments with next to no effort and has been on tour for years with a drug habit.

Where do I send my sympathy card and donation?

Not really sure how to take that self proclaimed write up, smells a little of this is who I am like it or lump it but could come off as s*** I'm really good at golf, have a ton of money, good looking wife but I want to you feel sorry for me as I had it tough for the first 20 years of my life. Nice house in an nice area, both parents had good jobs but yet he never had his own set of clubs.......

If you are going to write this type of life story please add in the real you, did you dabble in drugs?crime? do you think you're a good person and how do you treat others etc, tell us all, sadly people like you are so consumed with money and keeping sponsors and yes as mentioned if and when you hit the ball deep into the gallery yell FORE!!!!

I also know that he hit two, possibly three, spectators (one in head) with wayward shots at Riviera this year and didn't bother yelling 'fore', or even pointing right/left once.

He was probably hoping the ball would bounce off someone's head and back in the fairway. ;)

My senior bag.......

Taylormade Sim Max  9* driver reg
Callaway Rogue 3 & 5 fw woods reg
Callaway Rogue X 4 & 5 hybrids reg
Sub 70 699 pro's 6-pw
Ping Glide 50*, 54* & 58*
Odyssey White Hot 2 ball putter
Sub 70 Staff bag

From my perspective it sounds like he had a great childhood and lived quite comfortably, despite his inferences to the contrary.

I thought the same thing reading it. Hell his house he references is twice the size of my condo me and my wife live in LOL.

He seems to try really hard to say what a straight shooter he is. And I'm sure he's overcome some obstacles but reading the article it sounded more like when your middle class or even upper class friend wants to convince you they have the worst life/luck in the world, oblivious to what others might be going through

Just the impression I got. He just always needs to point out that he's a straight shooter or you don't really know him, or he's a certain way because of his upbringing etc.

I'm sure he isn't a really bad guy. Like is he out kicking puppies, I doubt it. But think of the friends we all have and how some are just annoying... I feel like he'd be one of those.

Srixon ZX5 w/PX Hzrdus Red 60

Srixon ZX 15 w/PX Hzrdus Red 70

Tour Edge C723 21* w/PX hzrdus black 80

Titleist T150 4-AW w/PX LZ 6.0

Titleist Jet Black 54/60 with PX LZ 6.0

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

giphy.gif

This is all I hear and see. :cheesy: :cheesy:

I actually follow PP on IG and most of the stuff he posts is hilarious to me. He seems like a real down to earth kind of dude and his wife is gorgeous!

In all fairness, I will say that his wife is the best looking of his 3 trophies.

Callaway XR Pro Attas Tour SPX X
Taylormade Tour issue 15* V Steel 3 wood
Hybrid undecided
Cobra Amp Cell Pro's (All MB) 4-GW Project X Rifle 6.0
Cleveland CG15 56 and 60
White Hot 6 Long Neck

^ she seems like a really classy lady

"He was seated next to Ashley, a friend of a friend, but, “We had been already been drinking for a while, and I was so housed I didn’t even notice her,” he says. Perez tucked into a skirt steak and immediately demanded that the waitress bring the chef to the table. He nervously approached, and Perez shouted, “This steak is so good I want to give you a h--- j-- right here. I mean it. Drop your pants.”

"That was the moment when I started liking him,” says Ashley

giphy.gif

This is all I hear and see. :cheesy: :cheesy:

I actually follow PP on IG and most of the stuff he posts is hilarious to me. He seems like a real down to earth kind of dude and his wife is gorgeous!

In all fairness, I will say that his wife is the best looking of his 3 trophies.

Speaking of which, I don't even remember what tournaments he won, lol.

Guys an as#hole.

This article is simply him telling people about his view of his life. Not setting anything straight.

of people in your living room while you were snorting coke off the kitchen counter. Just a guy asking for your advice about what you thought he should do to get to the show. I watched my buddy walk out of the room almost in tears.

How about asking for tons of free merchandise from Taylormade and then Callaway just so you could sell it on the bay to support you coke habit.

I'll say this about Perez. He's an amazing talent. Maybe one of the most talented guys out there. He'd have to be for how little he's worked at the game. Probably struggled with the game less than anyone I've ever met.

Real sob story. Middle class living in one of the nicest parts of the U.S. Had a 2 income family and access to golf and a free education. Won tournaments with next to no effort and has been on tour for years with a drug habit.

stymie-little-rascals-640x330.jpg

Guys an as#hole.

Wow....

The first thing I thought of when I read the title of the article - 'Pat Perez - You Don't Know Me' is yeah you are probably right Pat but I'm not sure I want to get to know you...

I gave it the benefit of the doubt though (plus, it's a Friday afternoon and my motivation for work has disappeared) and thought I would read it. It had some interesting personal stories but nothing in there that made me think any differently. The injury in the RTC aside, there is nothing in there which is remarkable or hugely different from dozens of Tour Pro's.

The article also confirms to me that he has a chip on his shoulder (maybe that's why he grows his hair so long).

Titleist TSR2 8.25* Project X EvenFlow T1100 White 6.0
Titleist TSR3 15* Project X Hzrdus Smoke RBX 6.0
Titleist U505 3 Iron Project X Hzrdus Smoke RBX 6.0
Titleist T200/T150 4-PW KBS Tour Stiff
Titleist Vokey SM9 50.08F, 54.12D (Raw) & 60.04L (Raw) True Temper S200
Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
ProV1 2023