2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Pat Perez - You Don't Know Me

acy274

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice article. I have probably spent more time around Pat than Richard, because I don't count them passed out together in our bed with Paige and I sleeping on a couch and in a chair as "buddy bonding time," lol. I don't like him. Richard knows why. Have a nice weekend guys :) Madison

Ahhh, in my experience, and forgive a stereotype, the more serious a woman is,the fewer words she will use.

"I dont like him".

4 words, thats pretty serious.

The most serious is like one word,

"Fine"

(thats the kiss of death ; )

You don’t know me either Pat…and I’m OK with that…

I was born in Peru, Illinois in 1957. Neither of my parents had a high school education and my Mom was the only Caucasian in Farragut High School in Chicago in the 1940’s. There she learned how to be extremely tough mentally. Five of us lived in a 900 square foot house with a flat roof. I share that because kids gave me grief about that throughout the time I lived there. It was the only house in the town of 7,000 people that had a flat roof.

My first job was when I was 8 years old delivering morning papers. I worked 7 days a week and made $6.00/week. I got up at 4AM because the papers needed to be delivered by 6AM. During the winter when it was freezing cold or snowy, my Dad got up, even though he got home from work at Midnight, and drove me around to deliver the papers.

Hand me down clothes were a given and the knees of my pants were sewn back up many times because that’s what we had to do. School was 2 miles away, and we walked. But it was flat ground as opposed to uphill both ways.

Golf? That’s what the rich people did and we were living barely above the poverty level for many years.

When I told my parents I was going to college, they asked how I was going to pay for it. At the age of 17, I went to a bank in my best clothes and got a loan. The loan officer was Jim Erlenborn and he was dressed in a sharp suit. I had 3 years to pay the loan back, I did it in 1 because in addition to taking a full-time load in college, I worked a 70 hour per week job.

But you know Pat, in spite of growing up financially challenged, I was and am the most well off person you could ever imagine. My parents bestowed upon us the gifts of morals, ethics, values and taught us to respect others. They taught us to think independently, creatively and to out work others in order to succeed.

Those gifts far exceeded anything monetarily that my parents could ever have done. I don’t need to share my life’s accomplishments with you because the people close to my heart, my sons and my friends, know the road traveled to get here. They know the risks I’ve taken by betting on myself, they know the hours worked yet to this day. They also know my sons, some of the best people in the world who have those same values that were given to me. Today through our company that we started from the ground up, we make a difference in the lives of individuals and family who need assistance with their health.

Golf is a blessing Pat. And while you’re blessed with more talent than I could dream to have, I love the game every bit as much as you do…and possibly more. I know I respect it and all the people associated with the game more.

So you know what Pat…you don’t need to tell people they don’t know you. You need to tell everyone who enhances your life on and off the golf course thank you for everything they do for you. You need to respect the fans who make it possible for you to earn a living playing golf, you need to thank your parents, instructors, the kids who work at the various courses and so many others.

Let the next article written about your be titled…”Pat Perez is an Awesome Guy!”

I thought my 5 day a week afternoon route of 86 papers per day for $6 a week was a bad deal! Gave it up to mow yards for $3 a yard and started teaching swim lessons in the mornings for $2 an hour and thought I was loaded in about 1972.

Without getting into all the education, will just say I worked my way through a lot of school so I could someday make sure my girls wouldn't have to do the same.

Maybe no big deal what my experiences are, and didn't go through anything near as tough as you did, or really even tough, maybe that's why Perez's story does nothing for me.

Agree with you 100% on remembering anyone who helped along the way and treating people with respect that we encounter.

Awesome post friend!

^ looks like you seem to care. A lot. As well as the other guy above. What did he do to you guys? Kick your dog? Steal your girl? Live a life you're envious of?

Sorry man but it requires neither envy or animosity to observe and comment on his self important diatribe. Just as I don't care what Briny Baird has for dinner at PF Chang's tonight, I'll have nothing to say about it until he tells me that I should care about it.

Briny doesn't like PF Chang's. He's more of a Hooter's guy. The girls like his hat.

and its probably way too late in the thread for this but he definitely had the lettuce wraps ...

Ping 425 Max Tour Shaft X 75g 

TSI 4 Wood (3 wood smoke shaft)

500U 3 Iron Smoke 80g
712U 4 Iron
714CB 5-6
718MB 7-PW 
Vokey SM9 50, 55, 60 
SC Newport 2.5

Nice article. I have probably spent more time around Pat than Richard, because I don't count them passed out together in our bed with Paige and I sleeping on a couch and in a chair as "buddy bonding time," lol. I don't like him. Richard knows why. Have a nice weekend guys :) Madison

Ahhh, in my experience, and forgive a stereotype, the more serious a woman is,the fewer words she will use.

"I dont like him".

4 words, thats pretty serious.

The most serious is like one word,

"Fine"

(thats the kiss of death ; )

True, but with the nest empty my wife has been putting some words together to express displeasure that would have gotten her corporal punishment at school back in the day. And she claims they are all expressions I've "taught" her so that's all my fault, too. Can't get her to use these expressions when they might be interesting! So lose, lose, lose.

Ah the internet never ceases to amaze me.

Because the automatic response should be blind hero worship instead of calling people out on their nonsense?

You prove the point.

Takomo IGNIS D1 9° HZRDUS Smoke Blue 60g / Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9° HZRDUS Smoke Black 70g
Callaway Epic Flash SZ 15° HZRDUS Smoke Black 70g
Callaway Apex '19 3H HZRDUS Handcrafted HYB 85g
PXG 0311P Gen 6 Black Label Elite 4-G KBS Tour Lite S / Miura Baby Blades 3-P Steelfiber 110cw / PING ISI Nickel 1-L G Loomis reg flex
Callaway Jaws Raw 54.10S / 58.8Z
PING Anser 2 Jim Wells 36" / Bettinardi BB-1 (2022) 35" / PING Anser 2 1981 35" / Scotty Cameron CT Squareback Proto 35" 375g

Outlaw Golf Association #21

Guys an as#hole.

This article is simply him telling people about his view of his life. Not setting anything straight.

You want to set something straight??

How about how you've belittled a struggling mini tour pro in front of a crowd

of people in your living room while you were snorting coke off the kitchen counter. Just a guy asking for your advice about what you thought he should do to get to the show. I watched my buddy walk out of the room almost in tears.

How about asking for tons of free merchandise from Taylormade and then Callaway just so you could sell it on the bay to support you coke habit.

Yeah man, you really struggled and set us all straight.

I'll say this about Perez. He's an amazing talent. Maybe one of the most talented guys out there. He'd have to be for how little he's worked at the game. Probably struggled with the game less than anyone I've ever met.

Real sob story. Middle class living in one of the nicest parts of the U.S. Had a 2 income family and access to golf and a free education. Won tournaments with next to no effort and has been on tour for years with a drug habit.

Where do I send my sympathy card and donation?

Yeah but he's a really great guy once you get to know him, don't worry!

Guys an as#hole.

This article is simply him telling people about his view of his life. Not setting anything straight.

You want to set something straight??

How about how you've belittled a struggling mini tour pro in front of a crowd

of people in your living room while you were snorting coke off the kitchen counter. Just a guy asking for your advice about what you thought he should do to get to the show. I watched my buddy walk out of the room almost in tears.

How about asking for tons of free merchandise from Taylormade and then Callaway just so you could sell it on the bay to support you coke habit.

Yeah man, you really struggled and set us all straight.

I'll say this about Perez. He's an amazing talent. Maybe one of the most talented guys out there. He'd have to be for how little he's worked at the game. Probably struggled with the game less than anyone I've ever met.

Real sob story. Middle class living in one of the nicest parts of the U.S. Had a 2 income family and access to golf and a free education. Won tournaments with next to no effort and has been on tour for years with a drug habit.

Where do I send my sympathy card and donation?

Yeah but he's a really great guy once you get to know him, don't worry!

Guy grew up in a upper-medium sized house, cut him some slack man

Srixon ZX5 w/PX Hzrdus Red 60

Srixon ZX 15 w/PX Hzrdus Red 70

Tour Edge C723 21* w/PX hzrdus black 80

Titleist T150 4-AW w/PX LZ 6.0

Titleist Jet Black 54/60 with PX LZ 6.0

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

I think that lablover guy might die. Not smart to ram your head into a sharp object. And I would know, despite my attending a second rate private school and my dad not even being a CEO. Few kids had it as tough

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

He just wrote half of what I assumed about him.

He can write as many articles as he wants to still won't change the image he portrays on tour. A little or a lot of FIGJAM in that article?

Bragadociously rad dooood!!!

[indent=1]M2 Atmos Black[/indent]
[indent=1]M2 Speeder[/indent]
[indent=1]Ping G Tensei Blue[/indent]
[indent=1]p790 Modus 130[/indent]
[indent=1]O-Works Red 7s
Z Star XV[/indent]

I think that lablover guy might die. Not smart to ram your head into a sharp object. And I would know, despite my attending a second rate private school and my dad not even being a CEO. Few kids had it as tough

"That lablover guy"?

Is a Lady-

I'll stop there....

Regards,

RP

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

So to sum it up...

He really wanted a pair of Jordan shoes, then by luck he found some, and they fit! He was very happy, because now he had multiple shoes that he loved. He drove it longer than Daly and beat the sh!t out of Tiger. The low point of his life was when he actually had a job, but luckily someone got him out of their quickly and payed for him to enter some tournaments and he instantly started making lot's of money and has lived happily ever after.

Did I miss anything?

Off to go whack my head against a sharp object repeatedly. Just. Wow. This thread is rife with assumptions, that's all I have to say about that.

Did you read his piece?

All we can do is read in interpret what he wrote. There are a lot of omissions in the article, but even if you gloss over and make no assumptions about those holes, it's still not flattering.

Please don't hit your head with a sharp object. Labs need their humans. ;)

So to sum it up...

He really wanted a pair of Jordan shoes, then by luck he found some, and they fit! He was very happy, because now he had multiple shoes that he loved. He drove it longer than Daly and beat the sh!t out of Tiger. The low point of his life was when he actually had a job, but luckily someone got him out of their quickly and payed for him to enter some tournaments and he instantly started making lot's of money and has lived happily ever after.

Did I miss anything?

Yes, his house was 2,000 square feet. Guy lived in a matchbox. Hopefully his house is a lot bigger now.

Let's get back to Briny Baird for a minute. When he was growing up he was only allowed to order ONE appetizer at PF Chang's. Now he goes back to that same PF Chang's and is like bro, I'll take two eggrolls this time. And then he winks at everybody.

This thread is very entertaining. I always found it amusing how Pat Perez walks around with his elbows out unnecessarily far away from his body as if he's some kind of tough guy which he so clearly isn't. Such a narcissistic thing to do.

The guy in this thread who defends him talks about "being alpha", "Pat pimp slapping everybody bro", and does an official sign out on all his own posts like he just penned an important letter to William Shakespeare and is formally bidding him adieu.

"That lablover guy"?

Is a Lady-

I'll stop there....

Regards,

RP

Lablover is a lady, Pat Perez is nice.... I've had enough of your crackpot theories Richard!

Haha

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

To be fair, Richard didn't call him Nice jeff. He said he's a D, but is also a great guy.

And really, I don`t think anyone could have expected PP to grow into a `nice` adult after surviving that horrific childhood.

Callaway XR Pro Attas Tour SPX X
Taylormade Tour issue 15* V Steel 3 wood
Hybrid undecided
Cobra Amp Cell Pro's (All MB) 4-GW Project X Rifle 6.0
Cleveland CG15 56 and 60
White Hot 6 Long Neck