2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Tiger - Another Back Surgery, Out at Least 6 Months

acy274

In 1995, Earl Woods made the following comment:

"I'm going to make a prediction," Earl Woods said that Sunday night, as champagne both tingled and loosened his tongue. "Before he's through, my son will win 14 major championships."

In 2001: "I will not put a limitation on Tiger in the form of a prediction," Earl Woods said. "I have no clue. There are so many things that can affect him, especially injury."

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"I'm going to make a prediction," Earl Woods said that Sunday night, as champagne both tingled and loosened his tongue. "Before he's through, my son will win 14 major championships."

In 2001: "I will not put a limitation on Tiger in the form of a prediction," Earl Woods said. "I have no clue. There are so many things that can affect him, especially injury."

Some time around when TW hit 13 or 14 majors, Jack Nicklaus said "I think he'll break my record. But he's still got to do it".....

FORE RIGHT!!!!

Just stop telling lies and misleading people deliberately and it may shut some people up. He said in Feb he felt good in an interview. (lie) He said that it was a just a back spasm or Steinberg did (lie). They said he would be back to competition soon (lie). Tiger said he tried to get his game ready for the Masters and it just wasn't tournament ready. He was hitting balls a few days ago in public. The next day has surgery lol. All this nonsense is why I am sick of him.

Just say that 'I am in pain and unfortunately my rehab isn't going as well as expected and may need further surgery,.'' Stop all the BS.

Yes. This is where I am on this topic, as well. He was a great, great player, and I feel empathy for his health issues. But, since June 2008, he has offered nothing but deception and evasiveness regarding one injury after another. If he was facing a 4th back surgery, he had no shot at playing in this year's Masters. So, why did he wait until the last minute to pull out? Because he had a book to promote, that's why. He's just leading his sponsors around by the nose with hopes for a prosperous future that isn't going to happen. At some point, they'll have to start dumping him.

Insofar as the back is concerned, you two haven't got a clue.

It can seem perfect today, only to bite you tomorrow. How exactly is it lying when that comes on you? It's kind of like saying "see you tomorrow" when you leave work, only to be involved in a car wreck on the way into work next morning. Was your comment the night before a lie?

I'll just let you two think about that.......

The amount of pure ignorance this trap junior kid is putting on display is really just pathetic. Some people have no idea what a bad back is like, and I'm happy they don't. They should count their blessings.

And by bad back, I don't mean waking up sore occasionally or being tight, straining a muscle every once in a while, etc. I mean a truly bad back, herniated disc (not bulging, actually herniated), disc degeneration, debilitating nerve pain, numbness in your legs, weakness in your legs/feet, not being able to stand, etc. there is a huge difference, and those who have not experienced it cannot possibly begin to understand it.

You forgot this beauty from November 2001:

"Tiger will do more than any other man in history to change the course of humanity. … He is the Chosen One. He'll have the power to impact nations. Not people. Nations."—Earl Woods

Or, this one from Mom:

"Tiger has Thai, African, Chinese, American Indian, and European blood. He can hold everyone together. He is the Universal Child."—Kultida Woods

Callaway Rogue 10.5
Callaway 3Deep w/PX 6.0
Ping i20 2 Hy & Idea Pro 4 Hy
Ping i25 5-UW
Scotty Cameron Notchback
Ping Tour Gorge 54 & Vokey SM8 58

"Tiger will do more than any other man in history to change the course of humanity. … He is the Chosen One. He'll have the power to impact nations. Not people. Nations."—Earl Woods

Or, this one from Mom:

"Tiger has Thai, African, Chinese, American Indian, and European blood. He can hold everyone together. He is the Universal Child."—Kultida Woods

"He is something supernatural"

-Tom Watson

; )

Or, this one from Mom:

"He is something supernatural"

-Tom Watson

; )

I thought that Earl quote about Tiger being the Chosen One was later debunked? Or maybe Early denied saying it?

Either way - He got the 14 Majors right.....so that's something.

SYard T388
TaylorMade RBZ 13-15
Miura CB-57 3-PW
Miura 51Y, 52K,56K, 57C, 60K
Old Titleist Blade

I've wondered how big (assets) his Foundation is now? I'm sure it has some decent cash flow coming in from the PGA Tour Events it hosts and manages but i strongly suspect the individual donations from big money people tapered off after the "Incident."

I've never looked into it....maybe somebody will do us a favor and check it out and get back to us.

SYard T388
TaylorMade RBZ 13-15
Miura CB-57 3-PW
Miura 51Y, 52K,56K, 57C, 60K
Old Titleist Blade

Some time around when TW hit 13 or 14 majors, Jack Nicklaus said "I think he'll break my record. But he's still got to do it".....

Johnny Miller was killed for saying in late 2009 early 2010 that 4-5 majors might as well be 10 because thats a careers worth of trophies. He basically said he would need a second career similar to Phils or Floyds just to tie him let alone pass him and all this in his late 30s and if he can stay healthy. Turns out he was right

I love the constant refrain about linebacker Tiger. 6'3" 220 pounds. Do a search on pictures of Tiger and Dustin Johnson together. DJ is 6'4" and is obviously way more than an inch taller. Check out their arms as well in particular forearms. Tiger at his most ripped might have topped 200 pounds, hardly 220 with those scrawny chicken stick legs. Hardly the legs of the reputed dead lifter he was rumored to be. Next we will hear how he could have been an NBA player...oops forgot everyone has seen the video of him messing around with MJ..

I stood next to amateur Tiger Woods at the 1996 U.S. Open. I am 5'11" standing up real straight and I was eye to eye with him. Doubt he had a 4 inch growth spurt the next year.

I remember how everyone thought Jack Nicklaus and Arnold Palmer were "big" guys. Then you stood next to them and they were really quite ordinary/small.

Tiger walks slumped over because it's hard to walk upright with traps as big as his, so at times he just looks shorter. DJ is maybe an inch taller, but DJ is about 6'6". There was also a video somewhere of DJ dunking, and a lot of guys "in the know" say that DJ would have been a solid NBA sixth man or star player over in Europe had he not played golf.

LeBron is 6'8", 270 so I'm guessing DJ goes about 240 with Tiger not terribly far behind. Muscle weighs more than fat.

I love the constant refrain about linebacker Tiger. 6'3" 220 pounds. Do a search on pictures of Tiger and Dustin Johnson together. DJ is 6'4" and is obviously way more than an inch taller. Check out their arms as well in particular forearms. Tiger at his most ripped might have topped 200 pounds, hardly 220 with those scrawny chicken stick legs. Hardly the legs of the reputed dead lifter he was rumored to be. Next we will hear how he could have been an NBA player...oops forgot everyone has seen the video of him messing around with MJ..

I stood next to amateur Tiger Woods at the 1996 U.S. Open. I am 5'11" standing up real straight and I was eye to eye with him. Doubt he had a 4 inch growth spurt the next year.

I remember how everyone thought Jack Nicklaus and Arnold Palmer were "big" guys. Then you stood next to them and they were really quite ordinary/small.

Tiger walks slumped over because it's hard to walk upright with traps as big as his, so at times he just looks shorter. DJ is maybe an inch taller, but DJ is about 6'6". There was also a video somewhere of DJ dunking, and a lot of guys "in the know" say that DJ would have been a solid NBA sixth man or star player over in Europe had he not played golf.

LeBron is 6'8", 270 so I'm guessing DJ goes about 240 with Tiger not terribly far behind. Muscle weighs more than fat.

DJ does not weight 240. Tiger does not weigh more than 200. Where do people come up with this stuff?

DJ does not weight 240. Tiger does not weigh more than 200. Where do people come up with this stuff?

I'm hoping for his sake it was sarcasm, but it did sound genuine.

Exactly, bromahide.

And people not seen this TW face dunk cause its on the downlow. Or is it the lowdow?

Either way,

Exactly, bromahide.

And people not seen this TW face dunk cause its on the downlow. Or is it the lowdow?

Either way,

[media=]

[/media]

Looking back, one wonders how we were able to stand watching anything on standard definition TV.

I'm hoping for his sake it was sarcasm, but it did sound genuine.

He was being serious.

Dolph Lundgren is 6'5" and was 240ish in Rocky IV. Yeah, DJ is totally like Dolph.

DJ weighs 190.....

http://www.pgatour.com/players/player.30925.html

This is actually just about the perfect weight for his height. And being in a good weight range can really help to prevent injuries of all sorts. Unfortunately it does nothing for falling down stairways. As a fan I am really concerned about how this incident may cause long lasting issues.

Callaway Epic with Fujikura 62s in 45.25 set at 12.5*
Taylormade Rbz FW (17*)
Callaway X-Hot Pro 20* Hybrid
Callaway Steelhead 4-PW w/KBS 90s
Titleist Vokey 50*
Titleist Vokey SM-6 56*
Titleist Vokey SM-6 60-08 M
Tad Moore TM-1 35"
Callaway Chrome Soft

DJ weighs 190.....

http://www.pgatour.c...ayer.30925.html

This is actually just about the perfect weight for his height. And being in a good weight range can really help to prevent injuries of all sorts. Unfortunately it does nothing for falling down stairways. As a fan I am really concerned about how this incident may cause long lasting issues.

Terrible height for falling down the stairs though. That's a long way to go compared to the Napoleon sized peeps out there.

I think he needs to drop his expectation of beating Jack's major records, and just play pain free. But he said if he doesn't have a goal, he would just retire. He has a tough decision to make.

TM M3 9.5*
Cobra King Ltd 15*
Callaway XR 18* 

Cobra Fly Z+ 4-P

Bridgestone J15 50*

Callaway MD2 56/60*

TM Spider X Navy Blue
Srixon Z Star

Just stop telling lies and misleading people deliberately and it may shut some people up. He said in Feb he felt good in an interview. (lie) He said that it was a just a back spasm or Steinberg did (lie). They said he would be back to competition soon (lie). Tiger said he tried to get his game ready for the Masters and it just wasn't tournament ready. He was hitting balls a few days ago in public. The next day has surgery lol. All this nonsense is why I am sick of him.

Just say that 'I am in pain and unfortunately my rehab isn't going as well as expected and may need further surgery,.'' Stop all the BS.

Yes. This is where I am on this topic, as well. He was a great, great player, and I feel empathy for his health issues. But, since June 2008, he has offered nothing but deception and evasiveness regarding one injury after another. If he was facing a 4th back surgery, he had no shot at playing in this year's Masters. So, why did he wait until the last minute to pull out? Because he had a book to promote, that's why. He's just leading his sponsors around by the nose with hopes for a prosperous future that isn't going to happen. At some point, they'll have to start dumping him.

Insofar as the back is concerned, you two haven't got a clue.

It can seem perfect today, only to bite you tomorrow. How exactly is it lying when that comes on you? It's kind of like saying "see you tomorrow" when you leave work, only to be involved in a car wreck on the way into work next morning. Was your comment the night before a lie?

I'll just let you two think about that.......

Thank you for the opportunity to think about my comments. I actually do have a clue, and I maintain that Tiger has offered nothing but deception and evasiveness for the last 9 years. His last surgery certainly wasn't undertaken at the last minute. It's not like he woke up that morning and said, "I feel rotten; I think I'll have surgery today." He was interviewed only days before, asked directly about the state of his back, and didn't say anything about it.

The back is just too complex for you to comprehend. Read the posts of those who get it.

R11S 8* square; Stock stiff
Maltby KE4 14* 3w , Axe Excaliber R flex tipped 1"
RBZ 25* hb; RBZstage 2 19* hb
Mizuno MP30 5 - PW, AXE Excaliber stiff, Hogan Apex PC E Wedge (50*) TT DG s300
GM Never Compromise GM2 putter
54*, 58* TM TP wedges 3* flat

This is 6'4" 240 lbs.

Yes, exactly like Dustin Johnson. They're like, separated at birth or something.

aaron-maybin.jpg

This is 6'4" 240 lbs.

Yes, exactly like Dustin Johnson. They're like, separated at birth or something.

aaron-maybin.jpg

I never gave you permission to release my pic.....

Please God in heaven tell me that is sarcasm.

Please God in heaven tell me that is sarcasm.

Which bit lol? I don't know which assertion is funnier. The NBA comment or the 240 pounds. Or maybe Lebron actually being able to carry 270 around the court in the NBA. I just looked him up and he is listed at 250, and even that was surprising for a guy as fit and athletic as him. But 270?

• 1 year later...