Tiger - Another Back Surgery, Out at Least 6 Months

acy274

Ok...o I've talked to my neuro guy and he says an L to S fusion is bad news because "there goes his rotation."

FYI: My neuro is a good friend and golfer....and he can play.

I surely hope he's wrong.

Have him talk to Lanny Watkins.

Did Lanny have fusion?

Yes. 2 in fact.

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just stop telling lies and misleading people deliberately and it may shut some people up. He said in Feb he felt good in an interview. (lie) He said that it was a just a back spasm or Steinberg did (lie). They said he would be back to competition soon (lie). Tiger said he tried to get his game ready for the Masters and it just wasn't tournament ready. He was hitting balls a few days ago in public. The next day has surgery lol. All this nonsense is why I am sick of him.

Just say that 'I am in pain and unfortunately my rehab isn't going as well as expected and may need further surgery,.'' Stop all the BS.

Yes. This is where I am on this topic, as well. He was a great, great player, and I feel empathy for his health issues. But, since June 2008, he has offered nothing but deception and evasiveness regarding one injury after another. If he was facing a 4th back surgery, he had no shot at playing in this year's Masters. So, why did he wait until the last minute to pull out? Because he had a book to promote, that's why. He's just leading his sponsors around by the nose with hopes for a prosperous future that isn't going to happen. At some point, they'll have to start dumping him.

Those who have had severe back pain know how excruciating it can be. I'm still hopeful he wlll return. Obviously he still has game - he shot a 65 at the Hero World Challenge last December. It's sad to read all the negativity directed at someone who had major surgery.

Ping G425 Max 9* Venus Red TR 5 Stiff

Ping G410 5 Wood Aldila Rogue 130MSI 80 X

Ping G430 Max 7 Wood VA Composites Drago 65 Stiff

Ping G425 Max 9 wood Ventus Blus 7S

Ping G710 5-PW KBS Tour

Ping S159 50 54 58

Ping Anser 2

Those who have had severe back pain know how excruciating it can be. I'm still hopeful he wlll return. Obviously he still has game - he shot a 65 at the Hero World Challenge last December. It's sad to read all the negativity directed at someone who had major surgery.

Then say you are in bad pain when you are playing. Don't go around saying you are pain free and feel good only to repeatedly pull out!

http://www.newsweek.com/sport-tiger-woods-injury-587742

It is a little sad that once what was is no more, but it has run its course. Anyone who thinks that 65 was a precursor was dreaming. As for the negativity, people who live in the spotlight draw fans and hecklers. That's just human nature.

Then say you are in bad pain when you are playing. Don't go around saying you are pain free and feel good only to repeatedly pull out!

Feeling fine in February precludes you from hurting in April? Hmm, didn't know that.

Note to body... See, I told ya so. You can't hurt today as you felt fine a while ago. Trap said so, repeatedly. So let's go play. :)

Titleist TSR4 9° Fujikura Ventus VC Red 5S

Titleist TSi3 strong 3w 13.5° Tensei AV White 70

Titleist TS3 19°  hybrid Tensei Blue/Titleist TS3 23° Tensei Blue

Titleist T150 5-pw Nippon Pro Modus 125

Vokey SM8 50° F & 56° M SM9 60°M

Cameron Newport w/ flow neck by Lamont/ Cameron Del Mar

http://www.newsweek....s-injury-587742

Why would you care if he tells you whether or not he's in pain? Seriously, what difference would that make? Some athletes NEVER like to admit if they're hurt or not. Why does it matter? Haha would you suddenly be like "I LOVE TIGER CUZ HE TOLD ME HE'S HURTING"???

Jack's interview at Big Cedar was telling. Said Tiger told him at the Champions Dinner that he was miserable and really hurting. Jack said he doesn't want his records broken, but wants Tiger to be healthy enough to try. Also said that Tiger is more concerned with being healthy enough to be with his kids and have a decent standard of physical living than playing golf right now and in the future.

Maybe Tiger's doctors wanted to try everything else but the fusion first. Those surgeries didn't work and now they had to do the fusion. The Doctor on the Golf Channel said that you typically lose 15% of your power after a fusion, but that's for contact sports. I would still have to imagine that Tiger is going to lose more off his driver now.

Tiger's camp is misleading his own people. A few years ago someone close to Tiger, maybe even Steiny, told Rosaforte that Tiger was going back early summer. Then Tiger didn't play until months after that. Now they mislead Notah Begay when Begay said that Tiger would probably be back in a month. The misleading reports all come back to trying to be in the news cycle because of sponsor obligations. Tiger just signed deals with Bridgestone, TaylorMade, and Monster in addition to big money still being paid by Nike. He can't really retire even if he wanted to because while they are primarily performance-based deals, they are still deals that are paying him something even if he doesn't play. Tiger can say all he wants that he wants to be able to be with his kids, but sponsor obligations are keeping him from retiring and they also pushed him to the strong spring schedule this year which didn't help either. Tiger is torn between being healthy and keeping his sponsors happy.

Hank Haney made some waves this week when he said that Tiger doesn't even really want to come back. The day before he said that Tiger's media impact is waning and that he shouldn't be the top story anymore. Then Tiger's fourth back surgery became known. And Haney talked and talked and talked about Tiger for a few shows. Tiger is still the needle. While his media impact might be slightly waning, as long as he hasn't retired he will be the top golf story story.

Ping G410 LST 10* (DI-6X)
Ping G410 3W 15.5* (DI-7X)
Ping i20 3-PW (PX 6.0)
Ping Glide 2.0 51*SS, 56*SS, 60*ES (PX 6.0)
Ping Vault Arna

http://www.newsweek....s-injury-587742

Feeling fine in February precludes you from hurting in April? Hmm, didn't know that.

Not to body... See, I told ya so. You can't hurt today as you felt fine a while ago. Trap said so, repeatedly. So let's go play. :)

Come on man. Within the last week we've heard from Notah--who is as official as TW's "camp" gets--that TW was striping it on the range and gearing up to play a few tournaments before making a run at the US Open. The only thing preventing it from being a total Groundhog's Day is rumors of a worst-ball 66.

And Galea didn't give drugs to Tiger. He just gave them to other pro sports clients of his. Not tiger.

Any doctor who knowingly and deceptively practices medicine in another country by going to players homes and hotel rooms to 'treat them' is about as clean as a crappy pair of underpants. Oh that and the fact that he was smuggling in HGH into the USA.

But Tiger and Lance Armstrong are clean man.

To quote the now hackneyed term, TW being "the needle" is now on a totally different level than before. Smaller needle,and he now hits the radar when he has another surgery or health issue, or if his three media guys, Deceive, Inveigle and Obfuscate create or are proved wrong by a new rumor.

Certainly different than making news as OWGR #1 or winning a tournament by crushing his fellow competitors.

Callaway Rogue Max LS Driver, 9 degrees, Tensei Blue shaft

Mizuno ST180 5 wood

Ping G425 Max 7 wood
Srixon ZX4 4 iron
Srixon ZX5 irons 5-PW, Nippon N.S. Pro Modus 3 Tour 120 shafts

Cleveland RTX6 48* wedge

Cleveland Zipcore 54* wedge
Cleveland RTX 58* full face wedge
Nike Method Core Drone 2.0 putter 34"

To quote the now hackneyed term, TW being "the needle" is now on a totally different level than before. Smaller needle,and he now hits the radar when he has another surgery or health issue, or if his three media guys, Deceive, Inveigle and Obfuscate create or are proved wrong by a new rumor.

Certainly different than making news as OWGR #1 or winning a tournament by crushing his fellow competitors.

Indicative of lack/waning intesrest in the game.

We had the best golf ever seen played. Golf that could make people choose to see golf over other "real sports"

Now we have TWs flunky Sergio dueling the Hoff ; )

People arent buying it,

MASTERS DISASTER: FINAL ROUND RATINGS FALL TO 13-YEAR LOW

"Four of the five lowest overnights since ’95 have come in the past five years"

https://www.google.com/amp/www.sportingnews.com/amp/other-sports/news/masters-tv-ratings-fall-to-13-year-low-sergio-garcia-justin-rose-danny-willett/lere2vh1ysfl1binj9fzjua59

Tiger is finished......4 serious back surgeries??? 4????

I have a bad back & neck, but I adjusted.....started doing Yoga, Strengthening my core, even going to a Chiro instead of surgery.

6 Month later I'm hitting the ball better than I have in years & I'm back in the gym.

He has to realize surgeries will not work & he has to be able to cope with the pain which Yoga/core work will help do. His ego is letting Dr's convince him he can get back to 95% the truth is he will never be 75% at surgery 4. He needs to retire & go one with life cause his golf career has been over for a while & now the nail has been driven in.

LOL...this place is amazing at times. A little downward facing dog is all that was needed....who knew? :taunt:

First of all, we know that Tiger's camp likes to spin stories. That being said, I don't think Notah saying Tiger was striping it was a lie (he probably was striping it; its Tiger Woods). The problem was that he was getting these spasms and decided enough is enough and couldn't handle the pain anymore.

Former professional golfer. Current amateur human being.

Driver: PXG 0811X Gen 4 7.5 HZRDUS Smoke iM10 Green 60 TX 45.9" D3

Driver 2: Taylormade Burner Mini 11.5 HZRDUS Smoke Green 70 X D5

Fairway: Taylormade Stealth Plus 3 Wood HZRDUS Smoke Green 70X D6

Hybrid: Taylormade Stealth 2 Plus 19.5 Tensei AV White 85 X D6

Irons: Sub70 659 MB 5-GW DG 105 X (Takomo 201's w/ occasional cameos)

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM9 56 S Grind;  Cleveland RTX Full Face 64 DG 120 X E0

Putter: PXG Battle Ready Raptor 38” Wristlock Grip

First of all, we know that Tiger's camp likes to spin stories. That being said, I don't think Notah saying Tiger was striping it was a lie (he probably was striping it; its Tiger Woods). The problem was that he was getting these spasms and decided enough is enough and couldn't handle the pain anymore.

Exactly....common sense can seriously be lacking on here when the chance comes to attack Tiger comes to the forefront. I am absolutely sure the first options were the least invasive options that doctors believed would be successful. I am also sure he had good moments in those recoveries where things were going well until the moment they weren't. He would work through the set backs and even have some for good moments until it was clear there was no choice but to move to the next option.

He isn't the first human who needed several procedures to fix a problem and 99.99999999% aren't elite level athletes. It is medicine, not a script to be followed that is planned in advance for months.

Have you had back issues?

Those who have had back issues will tell you that you can feel good for a while and then have the pain come back with no warning.

I've had back issue for years, and I've had days where I've played golf or have gone skiing and felt great all day. Then I might wake up the next day and feel terrible. ive taken a misstep going down stairs and have felt it in my back for a week.

I've learned to live with it. But I don't play golf for a living. I'm sure Tiger has tried to live with it, and probably would be fine. But his job requires a healthy back.

Sorry if you're offended by his decision making process. He doesn't have to fill you in every time he makes a decision about his health.

Very sad day for the game. Despite the haters that seem to congregate on this forum, golf without tiger won't be the same.

Golf has been without Tiger for a couple of years now and has been just fine.

Fine perhaps, but still, it won't be the same.

Meh it will be better as it always is. When 1 great falls another steps up. it might take 5-10 years but thats why they are generational players.

Very sad day for the game. Despite the haters that seem to congregate on this forum, golf without tiger won't be the same.

Lol, I was about to reply but scrolled down first and saw your post. Does anyone really think the tour is happy with "just fine" versus "with Tiger"? Really?

Serious question why do you care how the tour feels about with or without tiger? Globally theyre killing it but in the US the only issue is ratings.The last 5-7 years without tiger should have prepared them to move on from the all eggs in one basket marketing strategy and get off their asses and get people interested in the game.there are alot of great stories and players. In 2015 Spieth almost made history with his grand slam run and got insane mainstream coverage.The ryder cup last year got great ratings and mainstream attention. These things show the game is moving on and healthy. Purses wont drop and will lightly rise and the next TV deal will be higher, bank on it. Maybe its a good thing that Tiger only fans are weeded out so the game grows more organically and not with bandwagon jumpers. Golf claims everyone in their 40s tiger was no different as has been proven. If golf can get a big 4 going like tennis where theyre trading majors left and right it will be great. If someone like Matsuyama wins a major it will have a greater global impact than an average guy. Not having a dominant #1 in golf right now ( while DJ is hurt) is ok, it means the game has alot of great players. Lets sit back and enjoy who is playing not who isnt.

Indicative of lack/waning intesrest in the game.

We had the best golf ever seen played. Golf that could make people choose to see golf over other "real sports"

Now we have TWs flunky Sergio dueling the Hoff ; )

People arent buying it,

MASTERS DISASTER: FINAL ROUND RATINGS FALL TO 13-YEAR LOW

"Four of the five lowest overnights since '95 have come in the past five years"

https://www.google.c...fl1binj9fzjua59

I think you mean casual interest. like people who watch the NBA or MLB only in the playoffs. As for the masters the ratings are not 100% accurate as people have been disconnecting from cable and sattellite packages like crazy and stream everything. Globally Sergios win was huge on SKY for example. Tiger obviously does help ratings (because of tiger fans not golf fans) but who cares the golf has been awesome, anyone who says the last 7 masters have not had insane drama need to be checked for a pulse.

Lol, I was about to reply but scrolled down first and saw your post. Does anyone really think the tour is happy with "just fine" versus "with Tiger"? Really?

Serious question why do you care how the tour feels about with or without tiger? Globally theyre killing it but in the US the only issue is ratings.The last 5-7 years without tiger should have prepared them to move on from the all eggs in one basket marketing strategy and get off their asses and get people interested in the game.there are alot of great stories and players. In 2015 Spieth almost made history with his grand slam run and got insane mainstream coverage.The ryder cup last year got great ratings and mainstream attention. These things show the game is moving on and healthy. Purses wont drop and will lightly rise and the next TV deal will be higher, bank on it. Maybe its a good thing that Tiger only fans are weeded out so the game grows more organically and not with bandwagon jumpers. Golf claims everyone in their 40s tiger was no different as has been proven. If golf can get a big 4 going like tennis where theyre trading majors left and right it will be great. If someone like Matsuyama wins a major it will have a greater global impact than an average guy. Not having a dominant #1 in golf right now ( while DJ is hurt) is ok, it means the game has alot of great players. Lets sit back and enjoy who is playing not who isnt.

The funny thing is the same guys that say the tour is fine now without a top dog and has a bunch of guys alternating at #1 look at the tour before Tiger and try to say it sucked because no one stood out.

Titleist TSR4 9° Fujikura Ventus VC Red 5S

Titleist TSi3 strong 3w 13.5° Tensei AV White 70

Titleist TS3 19°  hybrid Tensei Blue/Titleist TS3 23° Tensei Blue

Titleist T150 5-pw Nippon Pro Modus 125

Vokey SM8 50° F & 56° M SM9 60°M

Cameron Newport w/ flow neck by Lamont/ Cameron Del Mar

What is done can't be undone. Tiger has spoiled fans into expecting runs like Spieth in 15, and they won't settle for anything less. Ratings and the popularity of the game will continue to suffer until the next dominant champion comes along. It's like heavyweight boxing after Tyson ended his run as champion. Fans want to see larger than life super heroes, anything less and ratings will suffer.

I will admit, I admire TW for his ability, and his mental toughness. It is a trait found among those who will themselves to succeed.

I never condsidered myself a big fan of his...only his game.

But, since seeing the constant pain that my wife suffered from for many years....pain that no amount of trying to re-position your body to alleviate....and, the courage she showed when she finally had major back surgery....she is my hero.

I wish TW well with his upcoming surgery, and hope that it relieves him of his pain. And, if he can come back to play, I hope he does it in moderation.

Wish her the best from all of us! Hope the surgery has helped her and hopefully she is pain free. Take care

Yep, absolutely!!

Thoughts Prayers and Best Wishes Augs?

Fairways & Greens 4ever My Friend

Richard

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

If you notice in his response playing golf keeps getting pushed further down the line. He is a smart guy he knows it's over but his ego wont let him say it.

I have tried to hold out hope as long as anyone that there was one more gallon of gas in the tank, but i'm done.

seems that as long as they keep throwing money at him.Tiger and his agent will keep the dream alive and the door ajar!

I don't feel like I'm all that sappy of a guy, but I really can't understand all the hate. Dude went under the knife today. Maybe as you're posting your snarky response.

He's not a cartoon character. He's a living breathing human being. I don't care who it is, when I hear someone is going under general anesthesia and having an operation, I think to myself, may it go well. It's a miracle what modern medicine can do for us, but it's not without risk. :: positive vibes :: for the goat.

His arrogance and attitude and how his true character conflicted greatly with what he (even moreso his father) projected, makes him an incredibly easy target.

Add on the fact that every time he sneezes he becomes to the lead story for 3 days.

I'm not saying it's right. I don't hate woods. But it's easy to see why there's a segment of the population that's begging for the topic to die, and since it won't die they vocalize how much they don't like him/don't care/etc.

I can't really think of a time since the downfall started where he handled himself with any sort of humility or grace, which would appeal to people.

+1

Tiger is finished......4 serious back surgeries??? 4????

I have a bad back & neck, but I adjusted.....started doing Yoga, Strengthening my core, even going to a Chiro instead of surgery.

6 Month later I'm hitting the ball better than I have in years & I'm back in the gym.

He has to realize surgeries will not work & he has to be able to cope with the pain which Yoga/core work will help do. His ego is letting Dr's convince him he can get back to 95% the truth is he will never be 75% at surgery 4. He needs to retire & go one with life cause his golf career has been over for a while & now the nail has been driven in.

you do realize that not every back injury is treatable effectively with chiro and yoga, right?

Of course not, you also need Greek yogurt and those bracelets with the magnet bits on the ends.

Titleist TSi3 9* Tensei AV White 65TX 2.0 // Taylormade SIM 10.5* Ventus TR Blue 6TX
Taylormade Stealth+ 16* Ventus Black 8x // Taylormade SIM Ti V2 16.5* Ventus TR Blue 7X
Callaway Apex UW 19* Ventus Black 8x // Srixon ZX Utility MKII 19* Nippon GOST Prototype Hybrid 10
Callaway X-Forged Single♦️  22* Nippon GOST Hybrid Tour X 
Bridgestone 
J15 CB 4i-7i 23*- 34* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Bridgestone J40 CB 8i-PW 38*- 46* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Vokey SM9 50* Raw F-Grind Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0

Taylormade Milled Grind Raw 54* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Vokey SM6 58* Oil Can Low Bounce K-Grind Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Scotty Cameron Newport Tour Red Dot // Taylormade Spider X Navy Slant

Ok...o I've talked to my neuro guy and he says an L to S fusion is bad news because "there goes his rotation."

FYI: My neuro is a good friend and golfer....and he can play.

I surely hope he's wrong.

Have him talk to Lanny Watkins.

Did Lanny have fusion?

Yes. 2 in fact.

I thought he had 4 in 2 years?

Probably from all the bodybuilding Lanny was doing....oh wait....

One of my surfing buddies had spinal fusion and returned to top level surfing within six months. It came down to desire to get back on the horse. If Tiger gets the pain sorted out and has the desire I have little doubt that he can do it. The bigger question is if he will have the desire at this stage for the PGA Tour. If I were in Tiger's shoes and tax bracket I would have no desire to do the tour. I'd want to be out of the spotlight.