Tiger - Another Back Surgery, Out at Least 6 Months

acy274

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here as well: http://www.pgatour.com/news/2017/04/20/tiger-woods-back-surgery.html

Sciatica is tough. Hope he recovers and can live pain-free. Wouldn't wish back pain on anyone.

Titleist TSR2 11*, Oban Devotion 65 S

Titleist TSR2 16.5*, GD Tour AD BB 7S

Titleist TSR2 21*, Fujikura Speeder Pro TS 84

Titleist TS2 25*, GD Tour AD HY 95S
Titleist T100S, 6-GW, Recoil 110 F4

Miura 52.06, 56.10, 60.09, Recoil Proto 125 F4

Ping PLD Custom Anser 4, 34"/355g

I honestly didn't think it was really a back problem this time. i figured it was his pride hurting him.

You thought he was just making it up? Come on man. LOL. No way he misses Augusta if he's healthy.

Hopefully this is the last big step to his recovery but I'm skeptical. Really hope he can play golf again. We need a better ending to his career than this.

If you notice in his response playing golf keeps getting pushed further down the line. He is a smart guy he knows it's over but his ego wont let him say it.

He's shooting for the super senior tour.

My senior bag.......

Taylormade Sim Max  9* driver reg
Callaway Rogue 3 & 5 fw woods reg
Callaway Rogue X 4 & 5 hybrids reg
Sub 70 699 pro's 6-pw
Ping Glide 50*, 54* & 58*
Odyssey White Hot 2 ball putter
Sub 70 Staff bag

I will admit, I admire TW for his ability, and his mental toughness. It is a trait found among those who will themselves to succeed.

I never condsidered myself a big fan of his...only his game.

But, since seeing the constant pain that my wife suffered from for many years....pain that no amount of trying to re-position your body to alleviate....and, the courage she showed when she finally had major back surgery....she is my hero.

I wish TW well with his upcoming surgery, and hope that it relieves him of his pain. And, if he can come back to play, I hope he does it in moderation.

Is anyone really shocked by this??? And every time I care less and less...and I am a fan!.

The only thing i dont get is the secrecy. Its really weird. Even people who dislike him are like hope you feel better but why all the cloak and dagger stuff? Whats wrong with saying im considering every option on the table as my pain isnt getting any better. I know my fans want to know when ill be back but i cant say for sure until i elect for surgery or PT. thanks for all the well wishes. Dont know why his PR people insist on doing this stuff

I will admit, I admire TW for his ability, and his mental toughness. It is a trait found among those who will themselves to succeed.

I never condsidered myself a big fan of his...only his game.

But, since seeing the constant pain that my wife suffered from for many years....pain that no amount of trying to re-position your body to alleviate....and, the courage she showed when she finally had major back surgery....she is my hero.

I wish TW well with his upcoming surgery, and hope that it relieves him of his pain. And, if he can come back to play, I hope he does it in moderation.

Wish her the best from all of us! Hope the surgery has helped her and hopefully she is pain free. Take care

Didn't he say only a couple of months back that he wont be having any more surgery and that he would rather retire than do it again. So sick of his lies and BS.

You can say that until your leg goes numb or has shooting nerve pain down to your toes.

My wife had C5-C6 spinal fusion surgery on Tuesday because her right arm was stuck between shooting pain and complete numbness. She was at the point where she couldn't lift her right arm above her head.

She's obviously not a professional athlete and had to have the surgery to simply return to normal life.

Driver: PXG 0311 Gen 4 9*
3w: Taylormade Sim 15*
Hybrid: Titleist 816h 21*
Irons: PXG 0311 Gen 5 T 4i thru GW 
Wedges: Vokey SM9 54*, 58*
Putter: Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2.5

It would be great to see one final push - it's been awesome seeing the Federer & Nadal revival this year - but the odds are definitely not in his favor. Especially with backs, surgery begets more surgery.

TM M5 9* Diamana D+ LTD 70X
TM M5 15* Tour AD-DI 8X
Ping G400 Crossover 19* HZRDUS Black 6.5
TM P750 Tour 4-PW KBS Tour X
Vokey 51, 55, 60* DGTI S400
Odyssey 2-Ball
Snell MTB-X

So this means several more hours of air time for that Dr on Golf Channel.

His name escapes me...

Didn't he say only a couple of months back that he wont be having any more surgery and that he would rather retire than do it again. So sick of his lies and BS.

You can say that until your leg goes numb or has shooting nerve pain down to your toes.

My wife had C5-C6 spinal fusion surgery on Tuesday because her right arm was stuck between shooting pain and complete numbness. She was at the point where she couldn't lift her right arm above her head.

She's obviously not a professional athlete and had to have the surgery to simply return to normal life.

Hope she feels better and returns to normal soon.

Wow! Hopefully it works! I feel bad for the guy, to once be the most feared guy in a tournament to not being able to play at all has to really screw with a person. He obviously wants to keep playing golf, because he keeps swinging a club. I hope he does get back, he draws people to the game.

And he had a fusion. That isn't good for a golf swing. Decreased mobility, added stress on the discs above and below the fusion. Tough road ahead for him.

it was on the very bottom, there are no discs below the fusion he got

I didn't see the level originally, I just saw the snippet on the Valero coverage and they did t mention it. That does help that it is L5-S1.

His name escapes me...

Thank you! I am thrilled to report she came out of the surgery 100% pain free and had full mobility in her arm immediately. She's only 29 and the nerve wasn't compressed long enough to create permanent damage. She had a severe bulged disc which was compressing 2 nerves and actually manipulating her spinal cord a little. Surgery was successful. Obviously looking further down the road, she will have to more surgeries to fuse above/below discs but the hope is that she can make it 15-20 years (10 to 15 is more realistic). She was to the point where she couldn't squeeze a shampoo bottle and have shampoo come out. Checked her into the ER Monday, Surgery Tuesday, home Wednesday and she's already out walking around the block.

Driver: PXG 0311 Gen 4 9*
3w: Taylormade Sim 15*
Hybrid: Titleist 816h 21*
Irons: PXG 0311 Gen 5 T 4i thru GW 
Wedges: Vokey SM9 54*, 58*
Putter: Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2.5

It makes you wonder if prior surgeries are not getting the job done, thus requiring additional procedures. Or if his quest to play golf at a high level are creating new issues that have to be fixed. I sincerely hope it's not the latter. Tiger has nothing left to prove, and no one wants to see him watching the ceremonial tee shots at ANGC from a wheel chair.

His name escapes me...

Thank you! I am thrilled to report she came out of the surgery 100% pain free and had full mobility in her arm immediately. She's only 29 and the nerve wasn't compressed long enough to create permanent damage. She had a severe bulged disc which was compressing 2 nerves and actually manipulating her spinal cord a little. Surgery was successful. Obviously looking further down the road, she will have to more surgeries to fuse above/below discs but the hope is that she can make it 15-20 years (10 to 15 is more realistic). She was to the point where she couldn't squeeze a shampoo bottle and have shampoo come out. Checked her into the ER Monday, Surgery Tuesday, home Wednesday and she's already out walking around the block.

Thats fantastic news! Great to hear.

It makes you wonder if prior surgeries are not getting the job done, thus requiring additional procedures. Or if his quest to play golf at a high level are creating new issues that have to be fixed. I sincerely hope it's not the latter. Tiger has nothing left to prove, and no one wants to see him watching the ceremonial tee shots at ANGC from a wheel chair.

Its quite possible. I was friends growing up with a now ex nhl player who had major knee surgery at the end of his career. His right leg because of multiple knee surgeries is 1" shorter than the other leg. This led to foot problems which led to hip problems which led to back problems which led to nerve problems and sciatica issues. He had to retire because of these issues but pushing through them definitely caused other problems so you could be right.