Tiger Arrested For DUI (NO POLITICS, RELIGION, PERSONAL ATTACKS, ...)

donuts

Jesus Christ they bang on about how much they all owe tiger every week now they can't wait to dissect this humiliating video of him out of his mind on meds. Utterly classless channel full of disingenuous creeps and being run by people with no sense of decency. I'm not a big tiger fan only got into golf in the last couple of years but to see someone clearly at rock bottom being humiliated on TV like that is just horrible, I really feel for tiger.
Well there's a first. Now the Golf Channel is being too tough on poor Tiger.

Srixon Z785, Hogan 3W,  Hogan Grind 3-PW, Hogan Colonial 56, Ram Nick Price 62, Wilson 8813, Srixon XV

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jesus Christ they bang on about how much they all owe tiger every week now they can't wait to dissect this humiliating video of him out of his mind on meds. Utterly classless channel full of disingenuous creeps and being run by people with no sense of decency. I'm not a big tiger fan only got into golf in the last couple of years but to see someone clearly at rock bottom being humiliated on TV like that is just horrible, I really feel for tiger.

NBC has pulled GC down with them. They're the media and they simply look at the bottom line. More sensationalism, more criticism, more eyes. GC isn't what Arnold Palmer envisioned. They've gone totally corporate to please their masters in 30 Rock.

DRIVER:  Callaway Rogue ST 10.5

FAIRWAYS:  Callaway Rogue ST 3, 9, 11 Fairway Woods

HYBRIDS:  Callaway Big Bertha 3 Hybrid, Rogue ST 4 Hybrid

IRONS:  Callaway Rogue ST 4-AW

WEDGES:  Callaway Jaws Raw 50 S Grind, 54 S Grind, 58 Z Grind 

PUTTER:  Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas

BACKUPS:  Odyssey Toulon Garage Le Mans Tri-Hot 5K Double Wide, MannKrafted Custom, Slighter Custom

BALL:  Testing

A man has to have options!

Personally, I don't think it was necessary to reveal the police videos, nothing to gain from it, just makes things worse.

BUT while watching them I've noticed that Tiger's traps and shoulders clearly show that he's been working out lately, so his back must be better than in the past.

I is a bit sad in the US that the public has right to 911 calls and police video - but that is the way it is.

Really sad to see him like that. I feel bad for Tiger. I think a person should be allowed to have their dash cam video kept private. What is gained by that being released? Besides more clicks/sales for media outposts.

Haven't you noticed the Tiger defenders are no longer saying things like, "He blew .000, so there is nothing to see here." The dashcam footage has showed us just how impaired he was and how he should, not only not have been on the road, but could have killed himself or somebody else. It was important for the footage to come out. I think lots of people who responded in this thread over the past two days got an eye opener from that footage. At least I hope they did. Driving impaired, no matter the cause of the impairment, is incredibly dangerous to the driver and anybody else on the roadway.

You can't seriously think that he got into that car in that shape and drove ? He couldn't walk. It's obvious he got into the car and was able to drive and then had this reaction or near over dose or whatever it is we are seeing. Sure he's still ultimately responsible for his actions , but this isn't quite the same as a drunk leaving a bar drunk.

Sad too say lots of people try drive in that condition.

Land of the free. It's called transparency , if you have nothing to hide and are an open upstanding citizen then nothing wrong with everything being public. Abuses of power are done in secret.

What gets me about 911 calls is the operator always seems to question the call at first. "What? Are you sure they have a gun?"

"Yes! Omg! Send help"

"Ok ma'am just calm down im sitting on my butt making $20 an hour, so im Gonna question you like you're lying to me"

I don't understand. Well I understand that not sleeping will drive you nuts.

But why can't these drug companies create a sleeping medication that doesn't turn everybody into zombies, and sleep walk?

You have no understanding of pharmacy or how the drug industry works, do you?

Cobra LTDx LS 9*
TaylorMade Sim2 Max 3W
TaylorMade Sim2 Max 3H
TaylorMade P-790 4-PW
Titleist Vokey SM5 52

Titleist Vokey SM8 56
Titleist Vokey SM7 60
Scotty Cameron Select Fastback 2

also the subject line says no religion. haha

Driver: Paradym 3D Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood: Paradym 3d Ventus black TR 7x

19 degree UW: Ventus black TR 8x

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility Hazrdus black 90 6.5 X

5 -PW: Callaway Apex MB, KBS $ taper 130X

Wedges - Jaws raw 50, 54, 59 KBS $ taper 130x

Putter- Mutant Wilson Staff 8802 with stroke lab shaft
BALL; Chrome Soft X

But why can't these drug companies create a sleeping medication that doesn't turn everybody into zombies, and sleep walk?

How it works?

"So, in West Virginia, for instance, we saw some of the tactics that Abbott used. They did things like a dine-and-dash program. This is where they would meet a doctor at a restaurant, pay for his takeout order, and while waiting to pay for the order, sell him on the benefits of OxyContin.

And then we wrote about a doctor, a surgeon who had a sweet tooth, a fondness for junk food. And these salespeople brought him a sheet cake filled with donuts and snack cakes spelled out to say OxyContin. And that did the trick. He was interested in hearing more about the drug at that point, and they would go back every week and get him to switch patients over to OxyContin. Those are just a few of the things.

HARI SREENIVASAN: And the sales reps were rewarded for these tactics?

DAVID ARMSTRONG: Very generously. They were rewarded with luxury trips. There were $20,000 scratch tickets that were sent out to them as rewards.

So the compensation was very lucrative to get these doctors to switch patients to these powerful opioids."

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/bb/drug-companies-helped-drive-opioid-crisis/

NBC has pulled GC down with them. They're the media and they simply look at the bottom line. More sensationalism, more criticism, more eyes. GC isn't what Arnold Palmer envisioned. They've gone totally corporate to please their masters in 30 Rock.

I was thinking the same thing, very sad.

How often do they wake patients out of a sound sleep in hospitals? Sometimes for vitals, but most of the time for nutritionists and physical therapists to disrupt injured people trying to sleep. These people work on quotas too by the way.

This one of 1000 examples...

Yeah, because doctors, nurses, nutritionists, therapists, etc. wake patients up because they all have quotas to disrupt patients' sleep like cops have ticket quotas.

Quotas?? Get real.

Cobra LTDx LS 9*
TaylorMade Sim2 Max 3W
TaylorMade Sim2 Max 3H
TaylorMade P-790 4-PW
Titleist Vokey SM5 52

Titleist Vokey SM8 56
Titleist Vokey SM7 60

I guess some didn't get my sarcasm. You guys think it's great for TGC to trumpet Tiger's greatness 24/7, but when he fricks up royally and puts other lives at risk, they should lay off and downplay it as much as possible.

The fact is, it's huge news when one of the most famous sportsmen in history flunks a DUI test in spectacular fashion. You can't expect the media to sugarcoat it just to soothe the feelings of Tiger fans.

Srixon Z785, Hogan 3W,  Hogan Grind 3-PW, Hogan Colonial 56, Ram Nick Price 62, Wilson 8813, Srixon XV

My sense is with all the back issues over the years, Tiger has had prescription meds for a while now. Two, three, four years? Who knows? We all know they can be dangerous. And that Ambien? Those stories are crazy, but I believe them, because I know someone who I trust who had the same reaction (taking Ambien, then waking and going outside, walking around in the city for an hour, etc. with no recollection).

Add to that Tiger likes to be in control of his own thing, and the possibility for self-medication/mixing and matching is there. Count me in as one who in no way would believe this was Tiger's first pharm party.

M6 10.5
M4 3W
Titleist 816h 21
CF19 5-AW
SM6 54 & Cally PM 60
Byron Morgan 612
V1X/ERC Soft

First, Tiger needs to hire Hulk Hogans lawyer and sue TMZ for running a completely fake story. Then he needs to sue for the way this situation was handled by the police. Despicable. He could have died at the expense of these cops inflating their egos.

LOL, this is just silly- there were two trained police officers that treated him with nothing but professionalism and respect. He was clearly impaired, but functional. Do you honestly think that if either of them thought he was in any danger they wouldn't have dispatched an ambulance, especially given his celebrity? These guys scoop up drunks/druggies every day. They treated him like every other drunk/druggie they scoop up in the wee hours.

You gotta be out of your mind to watch these videos and say either of the 2 Officers treated Tiger wrong. It was CLEARLY obvious they knew who he was & they were shocked he was in this mindset. Both of them especially the guy running the test went above & beyond the call of duty to play this by the book & possibly even better.

Man some of you truly live in the bizarro world.

Taylormade QI10LS 10.5 (@9.5) Fujikura Ventus Blue Velocore+ 6S 
Taylormade Stealth 2+ 15 (@14.50) Fujikura Motore Speeder 8.1S Tipped .5"
Callaway Apex "21" 19/3H Aldila Rogue Black TS95 Tipped .5"
Taylormade SLDR 4i DGSLS300S
Taylormade P750 7-PW P770 5i-6i DG AMT White S300
Taylormade MG2 52 DGTIS400, MG4TW 56/12 DGTIS400, & Tour Issued MG3 Hi Toe 60/09 DGTIS200 115
Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum Newport 2 34.5"
Bridgestone Tour B XS (Testing New TP5x)

How it works?

"So, in West Virginia, for instance, we saw some of the tactics that Abbott used. They did things like a dine-and-dash program. This is where they would meet a doctor at a restaurant, pay for his takeout order, and while waiting to pay for the order, sell him on the benefits of OxyContin.

And then we wrote about a doctor, a surgeon who had a sweet tooth, a fondness for junk food. And these salespeople brought him a sheet cake filled with donuts and snack cakes spelled out to say OxyContin. And that did the trick. He was interested in hearing more about the drug at that point, and they would go back every week and get him to switch patients over to OxyContin. Those are just a few of the things.

DAVID ARMSTRONG: Very generously. They were rewarded with luxury trips. There were $20,000 scratch tickets that were sent out to them as rewards.

So the compensation was very lucrative to get these doctors to switch patients to these powerful opioids."

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/bb/drug-companies-helped-drive-opioid-crisis/

Not sure what point you're trying to make. The other guy asked why drug companies couldn't simply manufacture an insomnia drug that didn't have any side effects. It's really not that easy. Aside from the fact that ALL drugs have side effects, the hoops that pharma companies have to jump through to get FDA approval is ridiculous - in fact, fewer than 1% of all drugs submitted for FDA approval actually do get approved.

Cutting/pasting articles you found on Google as a response to my question is remarkably lame. Any lazy person lacking independent thought can do it.

Cobra LTDx LS 9*
TaylorMade Sim2 Max 3W
TaylorMade Sim2 Max 3H
TaylorMade P-790 4-PW
Titleist Vokey SM5 52

Titleist Vokey SM8 56
Titleist Vokey SM7 60

Tiger bois are a special breed. Too bad so many were created in the early 00s.

Too bad so many are here.

What would he due TMZ for, exactly?

The videotape supports their initial report that the officer smelled alcohol. Who knows who provided that info to them, but it was likely one of the cops or PD folks close to the scene. Not their fault if the report doesn't reflect the initial info.

This is TW's doing. Not TMZ's, not big pharma's and not Jupiter PD's.

Callaway XR16 SubZero Aldila Rogue I/O 70X
Callaway Apex Utility Wood 19* Fujikura Ventus TR Red 60
Callaway UT 18* KBS C-Taper X
Titleist 818 H2 21*
Mizuno Pro 223 4-PW KBS DG X100
Vokey SM7 52* F
Vokey SM7 58* D
Sizemore XB-1

It has probably been said/asked in this thread but I figured I would ask again...

Love him or hate him, am I the only one that is a little bit surprised that the officers didn't just drive him home and be done with it?

I know there are law enforcement on this thread, etc etc and I know that isn't ethical, blah blah and I am not saying they should have done that...simply stating that I am surprised that they didn't. Probably could've gotten a handsome reward.

How it works?

http://www.pbs.org/n...-opioid-crisis/

Not sure what point you're trying to make. The other guy asked why drug companies couldn't simply manufacture an insomnia drug that didn't have any side effects. It's really not that easy. Aside from the fact that ALL drugs have side effects, the hoops that pharma companies have to jump through to get FDA approval is ridiculous - in fact, fewer than 1% of all drugs submitted for FDA approval actually do get approved.

Cutting/pasting articles you found on Google as a response to my question is remarkably lame. Any lazy person lacking independent thought can do it.

Did you call me...lame?

12424413_964213816961777_1382983624_n.jpg?ig_cache_key=MTIxMzI0Mzc1MDk2NDI2MzMzMg%3D%3D.2

Well, I'll just overlook that, Doc ; )

However, from the same PBS interview below. I guess I have been unaware of how drastic this is and am interested in whom you feel is culpable.Pharma, medical community, patients? All of them?

"The federal government says more than 28,000 people died by overdose in 2014. That’s the most recent year for nationwide data. The health news site STAT has been reporting on the problem and what has been driving it.

Journalist David Armstrong sat down with Hari Sreenivasan recently."

First, Tiger needs to hire Hulk Hogans lawyer and sue TMZ for running a completely fake story. Then he needs to sue for the way this situation was handled by the police. Despicable. He could have died at the expense of these cops inflating their egos.

LOL, this is just silly- there were two trained police officers that treated him with nothing but professionalism and respect. He was clearly impaired, but functional. Do you honestly think that if either of them thought he was in any danger they wouldn't have dispatched an ambulance, especially given his celebrity? These guys scoop up drunks/druggies every day. They treated him like every other drunk/druggie they scoop up in the wee hours.

You gotta be out of your mind to watch these videos and say either of the 2 Officers treated Tiger wrong. It was CLEARLY obvious they knew who he was & they were shocked he was in this mindset. Both of them especially the guy running the test went above & beyond the call of duty to play this by the book & possibly even better.

Pretty much my thoughts. They knew they were about to have to give a videoed field sobriety test to Tiger Woods and they knew he was blown out of his mind on whatever he was on. They probably knew that this was going to turn into a spectacular train wreck and that it had to be done to the T. Like some others said, Average Joe Blow wouldn't have had such a drawn out FST, etc. that might be true, because Average Joe Blow isn't about to have that video released and plastered on every news station and website the world over as soon as the FOIA request is fulfilled. Lots of eyes... Do it 100% by the book.

A bag of left-handed junk.
Driver: SIM Max 10.5 Blue Smoke RDX 6.5
Apex UW 19* Black Smoke RDX 6.5
4-PW: Callaway Prototype PX 6.5 LZ
60, 56, 52: Callaway Mack Daddy, KBS Tour S
Cameron Select Newport 2

How often do they wake patients out of a sound sleep in hospitals? Sometimes for vitals, but most of the time for nutritionists and physical therapists to disrupt injured people trying to sleep. These people work on quotas too by the way.

Yeah, because doctors, nurses, nutritionists, therapists, etc. wake patients up because they all have quotas to disrupt patients' sleep like cops have ticket quotas.

Quotas?? Get real.

What quotas Granite????

I've been in-patient for about 80% of the last four months and am currently(reaction to radiation, pneumonia) and while they may wake me during the day if I fall asleep, they never wake me during the night(though I have sundowners and am up most of the night and so I will doze during the day, and yes, if I have PT scheduled, they will wake me however if I'm not up to it, that's the end of it.

If a hospital employee or physician do wake a patient, it is for the patient's well being because believe me, there are a lot of places that doc would rather be than my bedside and the same can be said for the nurses, PT's, etc.

What are these "quotas" that you speak of???

Quotas for what??

I know for a fact that my father, as a private practitioner surgeon, has no quotas of any kind, nor did he as a member of the Presbyterian University Transplant team(University of Pgh/UPMC)

Have a nice day

Regards,

RP

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

After watching the dash cam video, my take away is...

That Erica is probably going to have to change her number.

That is police for you (I've experienced a similar thing up north with local police) ... the meds he is on is confidential, but someone's telephone number or name used in an investigation is open season to the world.

Wilson Deep Red II Tour (9.0)
King Cobra SZ (15.5), G10 HY (18, 21, 24)
MP-32 5i - 9i, Vokey SM5 50, 54 (F), 58 (M)
Rife Aussie

My sense is with all the back issues over the years, Tiger has had prescription meds for a while now. Two, three, four years? Who knows? We all know they can be dangerous. And that Ambien? Those stories are crazy, but I believe them, because I know someone who I trust who had the same reaction (taking Ambien, then waking and going outside, walking around in the city for an hour, etc. with no recollection).

Add to that Tiger likes to be in control of his own thing, and the possibility for self-medication/mixing and matching is there. Count me in as one who in no way would believe this was Tiger's first pharm party.

Agreed, but I'd say more than 2-4 years. In the '09 crash he was on Vicodin+Ambien+a few glasses of wine. That's already big boy stuff, and that was back when his body was a fraction as broken down as it is now.

I totally agree. Watching the video, the officer running the test was cordial and even helpful (turned on the side spotlight and then pulled his flashlight when Tiger was trying to tie his shoes). I have seen field sobriety tests run and I can tell you they knew who he was and wanted no part of anything going wrong. And, they were very courteous.

To Tiger,

The real golfing community has been missing you. Kicking someone who's this low just isn't golfing etiquette. This community owes you so much for what you've already given us. It's our turn to lift you up from where you've landed. Reach out brother this world still has empathy.

The cheap shots have got to stop, this human is clearly hurting folks.

Best wishes Tiger

the golf community has lifted him to the tune of $1 billion. It's his responsibility to be a role model for the next generation like it or not. I hope he gets it together. The guy really needs some true friends.

you mean the part about profit over common sense ? the fact that alot of these "pain" meds and 'sleeping " meds offer far more harm than good over the large spectrum of takers.... or the part about you better count your pills at the counter because alot of them are hooked on it too ? lol

edit-that is to say that alot of pharmacy techs and pharmasists are addicts too and have a habit of "shorting" certain types of prescriptions.... ( which are magically dropped into their pockets..

Cobra LTD X 9* Hzrdus RDX blue 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

Ping i530 4-Uw AWT 2.0 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

you mean the part about profit over common sense ? the fact that alot of these "pain" meds and 'sleeping " meds offer far more harm than good over the large spectrum of takers.... or the part about you better count your pills at the counter because alot of them are hooked on it too ? lol

edit-that is to say that alot of pharmacy techs and pharmasists are addicts too and have a habit of "shorting" certain types of prescriptions.... ( which are magically dropped into their pockets..

Got any statistics to back any of this up? Didn't think so.

Cobra LTDx LS 9*
TaylorMade Sim2 Max 3W
TaylorMade Sim2 Max 3H
TaylorMade P-790 4-PW
Titleist Vokey SM5 52

Titleist Vokey SM8 56
Titleist Vokey SM7 60

you mean the part about profit over common sense ? or the part about you better count your pills at the counter because alot of them are hooked on it too ? lol

are you sure you're not a Tiger apologist my man? Because i've read and heard a bunch of stuff from Tiger apologists, and you sound very much like them.

Callaway XR Pro Attas Tour SPX X
Taylormade Tour issue 15* V Steel 3 wood
Hybrid undecided
Cobra Amp Cell Pro's (All MB) 4-GW Project X Rifle 6.0
Cleveland CG15 56 and 60
White Hot 6 Long Neck

Quotas?? Get real.

I recently had major surgery and spent a week in the hospital. I had doctors walking in my room throughout the day whom I had never met.....how are you feeling? Looking at my chart and nodding........great......well have a nice day you seem to be progressing nicely, are the nurses treating you well?

My wife looks at me, "well there is another $800 billed to our insurance."

After the surgery the only people you saw who did any good was the nurse and the nurse practitioner. Everyone else walking into the rooms was just there to bill your insurance.

You need some pain killers? $500

You feel nauseous? $100

Lunch is horrible and tastes like dog food? $50

You need morphine just press that button, we will send some morphine pills home with you.

So the morphine will constipate you, let me give you two more drugs to compensate for that....

I was literally taking hand full's of pills.

By the time I got home I had a back pack full of meds.

I have had doctors prescribe pain killers to me because of a minor injury, a cut......that just needed a couple of stitches on the finger. no thank you.......I didn't fill it.

Finally when I got home and comfy, even though I was in some major pain I quit taking as many of the pain killers as I could as soon as I could. 1. they didn't really help the pain all that much, and 2. they just make you feel like Tiger looked in that video.

And yes sleeping in a hospital is impossible unless you are drugged to unconsciousness. Someone is constantly waking you up for one reason or another sticking a needle in you for something.

Ping G400 Testing G410.  10.5 set at small -
Ping G410 3, 5 and 7 wood

Ping G410 5 hybrid-not much use.  
Mizuno JPX 921 Hot Metal. 5-G
Vokey 54.10, 2009 58.12 M, Testing TM MG2 60* TW grind and MG3 56* TW grind.  Or Ping Glide Stealth, 54,58 SS.  
Odyssey Pro #1 black
Hoofer, Ecco, Bushnell
ProV1x-mostly

To Tiger,

The real golfing community has been missing you. Kicking someone who's this low just isn't golfing etiquette. This community owes you so much for what you've already given us. It's our turn to lift you up from where you've landed. Reach out brother this world still has empathy.

The cheap shots have got to stop, this human is clearly hurting folks.

Best wishes Tiger

the golf community has lifted him to the tune of $1 billion. It's his responsibility to be a role model for the next generation like it or not. I hope he gets it together. The guy really needs some true friends.

No its really not and lets hope so.

Hey Bro, I hope that you're well and stripin it?️

Regarding the current state of affairs, and I can only speak to Pennsylvania, and effective 01/01/2017, every single Physician writing a prescription for a Schedule II-V drug must, by the end of the following business day, report that patient and drug scripted to the state, through a site, Pennsylvania Prescription Drug Monitering Program(PA PDMP), where ever single patient, Physician and drug scripted for is recorded.

http://www.health.pa.gov/Your-Department-of-Health/Offices%20and%20Bureaus/PaPrescriptionDrugMonitoringProgram/Pages/home.aspx

I obviously cannot speak to other states however I will say that while there are obviously "bad apples," the vast vast majority of Physicisns, regardless of competency level, are good ethical people.

Yes, there are exceptions, and they tend to get the lime light and headlines, however they are the exception, and it's a remote exception at that-

Again, my Best to You and the family?

Fairways & Greens 4ever My Friend

Richard

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

It has probably been said/asked in this thread but I figured I would ask again...

Love him or hate him, am I the only one that is a little bit surprised that the officers didn't just drive him home and be done with it?

I know there are law enforcement on this thread, etc etc and I know that isn't ethical, blah blah and I am not saying they should have done that...simply stating that I am surprised that they didn't. Probably could've gotten a handsome reward.

agree.... its very likely that alot of cops would.. especially if no body cam required to be On.... debatable whether its right or wrong.. probbaly would hamper him from getting help... But a large part of me knows that if it were a cop and one of his friends the person is likely driven home and car towed to residence.. at least in the small town i live in this would be the case

Cobra LTD X 9* Hzrdus RDX blue 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

Ping i530 4-Uw AWT 2.0 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Pretty much my thoughts. They knew they were about to have to give a videoed field sobriety test to Tiger Woods and they knew he was blown out of his mind on whatever he was on. They probably knew that this was going to turn into a spectacular train wreck and that it had to be done to the T. Like some others said, Average Joe Blow wouldn't have had such a drawn out FST, etc. that might be true, because Average Joe Blow isn't about to have that video released and plastered on every news station and website the world over as soon as the FOIA request is fulfilled. Lots of eyes... Do it 100% by the book.

yup, and those officers were startled when they realized who they walked up to. instant cop celebrities.

Adams Speedline Launch Lab 9.5*, Adams 9064LS 9.5*, TM Jetspeed 10.5*, PING G20 9.5*
TM Jetspeed 3HL, PING G20 16.5*, TM Jetspeed 5HL 
Ping I3+ Blades 3-LW
Callaway Raxr X Tour- #2, 3 & 4 hybrids
Callaway I-Trax, Odyssey Stroke Lab Double Wide