Jordan Spieth is so unlikable

OBbogey5

Dude is 24. Hasn't even grown up yet and he's in a situation none of us can relate to. He hears all the stuff we yell from the stands and the media and does his own thing. I was at the Traveler's yesterday and while grown men are calling his name trying to get his attention, he is just trying to play golf. Then a small kid next to me said "I'm your number one fan!" Jordan turns, smiles and waves at the kid. Never seen a kid that small smile so big.

This is a world where everything is hyper analyzed. Anything just a little bit good is amazing, anything just a tiny bit bad is horrible.

So i'm gonna say he is a solid guy, even if i wish he would curse more.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Boring cuz it's so so ugly. His greatest gift is putting, and even that is gross crosshanded. Some of you are very serious about liking Jordan Spieth..having his babies!! Nice haha.

More perfect shots like that blast from the bunker today will create a situation where respect flows over the unlikableness and washes some of it away, as it did with Woods back in the day, but he's at least four Majors away from that happening. As an AM, Woods was unbelievable and not nearly annoying, yet.. Just a fired up kid playing for hardware. But man, from 96-99, he got on the people's nerve. Then...greatness ensued. I think he got to a point when he became in awe of himself and what he was accomplishing. All the sudden, not so annoying because he was so great. People could still gripe, but they lost the "he hasn't accomplished much" card. The 1999 PGA through 2001 Masters happened in a flash, and it transformed Tiger Woods from poster boy target for golf's changing culture, which the establishment did not accept, to him being in the same zip code as Jack. Eight Majors by the age of 24/25. Wow!

What's Woods got to do with this anyway?! Right now, Spieth, and his caddy (through no fault of his own) are a bit much. He has his moments, and he may grow into an enjoyable golf figure. Who knows.. I like Rory, but laugh at his girly celebrating and silly throwing of the golf ball into the crowd motion, but I like him. Don't care for Day at all, DJ is just uhh, Fowler I always root for, but OH MY GOD...I sigh deeper than Bubba when Spieth gets the job done. Not my guy at all!

Boring cuz it's so so ugly. His greatest gift is putting, and even that is gross crosshanded. Some of you are very serious about liking Jordan Spieth..having his babies!! Nice haha.

More perfect shots like that blast from the bunker today will create a situation where respect flows over the unlikableness and washes some of it away, as it did with Woods back in the day, but he's at least four Majors away from that happening. As an AM, Woods was unbelievable and not nearly annoying, yet.. Just a fired up kid playing for hardware. But man, from 96-99, he got on the people's nerve. Then...greatness ensued. I think he got to a point when he became in awe of himself and what he was accomplishing. All the sudden, not so annoying because he was so great. People could still gripe, but they lost the "he hasn't accomplished much" card. The 1999 PGA through 2001 Masters happened in a flash, and it transformed Tiger Woods from poster boy target for golf's changing culture, which the establishment did not accept, to him being in the same zip code as Jack. Eight Majors by the age of 24/25. Wow!

What's Woods got to do with this anyway?! Right now, Spieth, and his caddy (through no fault of his own) are a bit much. He has his moments, and he may grow into an enjoyable golf figure. Who knows.. I like Rory, but laugh at his girly celebrating and silly throwing of the golf ball into the crowd motion, but I like him. Don't care for Day at all, DJ is just uhh, Fowler I always root for, but OH MY GOD...I sigh deeper than Bubba when Spieth gets the job done. Not my guy at all!

Hey! Congrats!!!!

This thread has the most single star knocks of any thread ever.

Bragging rights for you.

Hopefully you somehow manage to get past those "I hate Jordan" issues and learn to just enjoy the talent. After all, when you feel hate towards anyone or anything - you are the only one who feels it.

Cannot help but see the irony that your "I hate Jordan Spieth" thread has led to a lot of members showing hate towards you. Could make a person dizzy if they tried analyzing that one too much.

Callaway Epic with Fujikura 62s in 45.25 set at 12.5*
Taylormade Rbz FW (17*)
Callaway X-Hot Pro 20* Hybrid
Callaway Steelhead 4-PW w/KBS 90s
Titleist Vokey 50*
Titleist Vokey SM-6 56*
Titleist Vokey SM-6 60-08 M
Tad Moore TM-1 35"
Callaway Chrome Soft

This place never ceases to amaze me. Jordan is one of the good guys. He is honest, he is fallible, he has humility and everyone can't stand him. Dude treats his sister like she hung the moon. He treats fans with respect, he treats the media with respect, he treats his competitors with respect. So trying to figure out why there is so much hate for someone who has so much talent that the only golfer in the modern era who has accomplished what he has is Tiger freaking Woods. Dude could save the world and someone wouldn't like the way he shot down the bomber. I agree that he is the most relatable to amateur golfers because he isn't perfect. The guy hits errant shots, duffs it, makes us all believe that not everyone on tour is some robot. The guy is great for the game and I hope he continues to win...A lot.

I'd kind of like to have his children, but that's probably just me.

Hmmm, if I was a woman . . . . oh heck, I'd still want to snuggle with Elisabeth Shue (and purely hypothetically assuming I was not married which I would never want to assume or imagine - never, honey!).

great choice ! I mean Fantastic taste hawkeye !

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

If you watch the final hole and the post round interview and still can't stand the guy, then I am sorry there is no helping you. Total drama, excitement, emotion and then honesty and class.

It was the most enjoyment I have had watching a non major in a long while.

Ping G400 Testing G410.  10.5 set at small -
Ping G410 3, 5 and 7 wood

Ping G410 5 hybrid-not much use.  
Mizuno JPX 921 Hot Metal. 5-G
Vokey 54.10, 2009 58.12 M, Testing TM MG2 60* TW grind and MG3 56* TW grind.  Or Ping Glide Stealth, 54,58 SS.  
Odyssey Pro #1 black
Hoofer, Ecco, Bushnell
ProV1x-mostly

I think he walks weird because all of the cash he's won has made his wallet so big that it's thrown off his posture. Ask any chiropractor and they'll tell you sitting on a fat wallet all the time will screw up your spinal alignment.

I personally like the kid. Very mature for his age. I was still at that, "hold my beer and watch this.." stage when I was his age.

Hate to go all negative here, but this morning I heard Peter Kostis gushing about the wonderful Jordan Spieth... what a fantastic player, person, asset to all mankind. This while Kostis was analyzing his iron play on that over-labeled slow-mo camera, Spieth, clearly, was 3/4 swinging a Vokey pitching wedge btw. It was so out of touch with reality.

The Truth is he's unrelatable, whiny, spoiled, entitled, cocky, slow, has no style whatsoever, walks weird (which is what we watch most with these guys), and boring to watch play golf. Oh well, Peter is wrong and I'm right. So be it.

I wouldn't have said anything if not for the exact opposite being portrayed by the joke that is the golf media.

Do you make a habit of watching guys walk? I suggest you watch women walk... much more interesting, unless you're just obsessed with guys.

Spieth is a nice, respectful kid who has very high expectations for himself. Most golfers I know "whine" when they hit a bad shot, it's a natural reaction when it happens. He is poised in front of the camera and is always quick to provide credit to his caddie and family after a victory.

I don't see any reason not to like him, he's good for the golf.

Driver - Callaway Paradym
Woods - Callaway Paradym 3W
Hybrids - XXIO 10 3H, 4H, 5H
Irons - Callaway Paradym 6-52*
Wedge - PXG Forged 56** 
Putter - Ping TYNE C
Ball - Titleist AVX

Thank you for confirming my suspicions that those who hate JS's whining love Tiger even though his behavior was off the charts worse, even at a much more mature age.

Gotta say you are the type of person I would probably never see eye to eye on with anything.

(For the record I liked watching Tiger play)

Vokey 54.10, 2009 58.12 M, Testing TM MG2 60* TW grind and MG3 56* TW grind.  Or Ping Glide Stealth, 54,58 SS.  
Odyssey Pro #1 black
Hoofer, Ecco, Bushnell
ProV1x-mostly

Golf is a struggling sport and in need of a hero so they are try to build him up to be the next Tiger. The problem is he is no where close to the big cat.

No, he's not Tiger. But he's really good and a fine ambassador for the game. Talents like Tiger don't come around very often. The next one may not even be born yet.

Odyssey Pro #1 black
Hoofer, Ecco, Bushnell
ProV1x-mostly

Golf is a struggling sport and in need of a hero so they are try to build him up to be the next Tiger. The problem is he is no where close to the big cat.

Tiger might not be the big cat if he was just turning pro now, it's a different game, the guys have all caught up with his distance. I don't think he'd be as intimidating today as he was early in his career.

Driver - Callaway Paradym
Woods - Callaway Paradym 3W
Hybrids - XXIO 10 3H, 4H, 5H
Irons - Callaway Paradym 6-52*
Wedge - PXG Forged 56** 
Putter - Ping TYNE C
Ball - Titleist AVX

You're so unlikable

Callaway XR Pro Attas Tour SPX X
Taylormade Tour issue 15* V Steel 3 wood
Hybrid undecided
Cobra Amp Cell Pro's (All MB) 4-GW Project X Rifle 6.0
Cleveland CG15 56 and 60
White Hot 6 Long Neck

About 250 words on someone who is "not your guy at all." Hmmm. He may not be your guy but he's got a permanent place in your head...

Tiger at 24: 15 wins 2 majors

Jordan at 23 and 11 months: 10 wins 2 majors

And he's got a chance to add the British Open before he turns 24. Not close? Oooooookay...

All of you Jordan haters, you're ugly and your mommas dress you funny....

Driver: Callaway Paradym 9 set to 10 Draw

3W Callaway  Epic Flash

5w Callaway Epic Flash
Hybrids: 4-5 Epic Flash    
               6-7 Big Bertha 

7 Ping G430 played as an 8 

Irons: PXG Gen4 XP 9-GW

Wedges: PXG 0311 52 56 degree Forged

Putter: Odyssey Rossie Pro 2.0 

Tiger at 24: 15 wins 2 majors

Jordan at 23 and 11 months: 10 wins 2 majors

And he's got a chance to add the British Open before he turns 24. Not close? Oooooookay...

and more missed cuts than Tiger at age 41 LOL