Jordan Spieth is so unlikable

OBbogey5

Golf is a struggling sport and in need of a hero so they are try to build him up to be the next Tiger. The problem is he is no where close to the big cat.

Tiger at 24: 15 wins 2 majors

Jordan at 23 and 11 months: 10 wins 2 majors

And he's got a chance to add the British Open before he turns 24. Not close? Oooooookay...

and more missed cuts than Tiger at age 41 LOL

And that's such a critical stat because every time I think about the greatest players of all time I always compare them by missed cuts rather than wins and majors. << eye roll >>

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Golf is a struggling sport and in need of a hero so they are try to build him up to be the next Tiger. The problem is he is no where close to the big cat.

And he's got a chance to add the British Open before he turns 24. Not close? Oooooookay...

And that's such a critical stat because every time I think about the greatest players of all time I always compare them by missed cuts rather than wins and majors. >

so now Spieth is on of the greatest of all time? FOH!

And that's such a critical stat because every time I think about the greatest players of all time I always compare them by missed cuts rather than wins and majors. >

so now Spieth is on of the greatest of all time? FOH!

Only 99 players in the history of the tour have won more tournaments than Jordan Spieth. Only 44 players have won more majors. He's not 24 yet. Yes. He is one of the greatest of all time. Even if he completely Duvals in the next few years he's still got a HoF resume.

Hate to go all negative here, but this morning I heard Peter Kostis gushing about the wonderful Jordan Spieth... what a fantastic player, person, asset to all mankind. This while Kostis was analyzing his iron play on that over-labeled slow-mo camera, Spieth, clearly, was 3/4 swinging a Vokey pitching wedge btw. It was so out of touch with reality.

The Truth is he's unrelatable, whiny, spoiled, entitled, cocky, slow, has no style whatsoever, walks weird (which is what we watch most with these guys), and boring to watch play golf. Oh well, Peter is wrong and I'm right. So be it.

I wouldn't have said anything if not for the exact opposite being portrayed by the joke that is the golf media.

Sounds more like a personal problem then anything else.

I'm a big fan of Spieth. His swing "flaw" is post impact not sure why it really matters or is even considered a flaw. Everyone needs to get off of the "he's only a great putter". He's the best iron players on tour right now. Does he come off a bit whiney? Maybe but I think it's more because he cares a lot. I see the same thing with Justin Thomas where they want to win so much they let their emotions get the best of them. Spieth grinds and scores. Something that Rory lacks. Rory is playing bad he calls it a week. Spieth finds a way to get it around and make the cut or today he found a way to win. Will Spieth be the GOAT? Maybe. I could see him winning 10+ majors though. He'll be the face of golf for the next 10-15 years.

And that's such a critical stat because every time I think about the greatest players of all time I always compare them by missed cuts rather than wins and majors. << eye roll >>

If you can't see how impressive that is for Tiger there is no point in having a conversation. With how terrible the last 4 years have been for Tiger he still has less missed cuts than Spieth at only 23.

Titleist 907 D2 w/ V2 67
TM RBZ Stage 2 5W HL 21*
Mizuno MP63 4-PW
Titleist Vokey SM4 52 & 58
Odyssey Tour Fill 2 Ball
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1120495-commerce-tigers-odd-witb/"]WITB Link[/url]

Using age for a comparison for quickest to 10 wins is fine however if you look at the win totals for TW and JS after the same number of professional events the numbers are crazily one sided towards Tiger. This is not to diminish what JS has done as it has been great. JS is already a HOF player. I'm not a TW fanboi or a JS hater as many here are. Just some more numbers for comparison. As time goes by many really forget how dominant TW was.

First 112 events on the PGA Tour as a professional JS has 10 wins. Start of 2013-present.

First 112 events on the PGA Tour as a professional TW had 29 wins. September 1996 - First 4 events in 2002.

Using age for a comparison for quickest to 10 wins is fine however if you look at the win totals for TW and JS after the same number of professional events the numbers are crazily one sided towards Tiger. This is not to diminish was JS has done as it has been great. JS is already a HOF player. I'm not a TW fanboi or a JS hater as many here are. Just some more numbers for comparison. As time goes by many really forget how dominant TW was.

First 112 events on the PGA Tour as a professional JS has 10 wins. Start of 2013-present.

First 112 events on the PGA Tour as a professional TW had 29 wins. September 1996 - First 4 events in 2002.

Just for the record, I like Spieth I just don't believe it's fair to him for the media to throw the "Next Tiger" title on him like they have been doing since he won the masters.

There is some elite trolling in this thread. Like backpages of Reddit elite. Whatever gets you off I guess.

Im personally not a fan of spieth per se, no particular reason, but he seems like a good dude and he can obviously play. That synchro rake/wedge toss was awesome and is the type of real emotion that can get the average or on the fence fan more into the game. Tough to hate on that. No wait, internet.

Golf fans have to hang their hat on one of these guys right now....

Don't see why there needs to be one player as a 'face' of the Tour, the best scenario is if there are three or four players winning often like in tennis, rivalry is what drives sport. Tiger worked on his own to an extent because his biggest rival was history. But none of these guys are realistically going to beat Tiger's records so by that standard, everyone will be disappointed. So rivalry and drama should be what we're looking for.

I don't think he's unlikable at all. He's part of the new generation of golfers and isn't out looking to please the old guard. Same with Rickie, and JT. They don't care what we think; because they know at the end of the day, we're still watching. I know they have brought some young folks to the game for the energy they bring to it.

Glad you asked...his arms are stiff and not in sync with one another; they swing funny during his awkwardly timed gait. His feet don't fit the rest of him either.

Post a picture of your Herculean physique and thoroughbred walking gait and I may agree with you.

Club Champion Custom Callaway AI Smoke 11*, Aldila Ascent 40 Gram, A Flex

Srixon F45 4-wood, 17*, Kuro Kage 606 S
TXG Custom  SIM Max 7-wood, Accra FX 140 2.0 M2

TXG Custom Cobra Tech 5-hybrid, KBS TGI 75 R
TXG Custom PXG 0211 6-pw, 1* upright, Recoil E460 R
PXG 0211 GW, 50*, (new version), UST Recoil Dart R
TXG Custom Cleveland CBX 54*, Tour Issue DG Spinner 115 

Ping Glide 4.0 58*, Nippon 115 
TXG Custom Cobra Nova, KBS CT Tour Shaft

I like Jordan more than Jay Cutler.

We don't have that that to worry about on Sundays anymore.:)

Ping G430 Max 10.5

Ping G430 5&7 Wood

Ping G430 19°,22° Hybrids

PXG Gen 6 XP's 7-SW

Ping Glide 58ES Wedge

Ping PLD DS72 

If a person gets mad at you for telling the truth, they're living a lie.

I like Speith to be honest. He does have a hot temper when he hits bad shots, but show me a high class player who does not show a little emotion after a bad shot. Plus his temper is not like tigers when he use to cuss with kids probably around. Saw a bunch of people on Facebook angry about his reaction when he holed the bunker shot in the playoff. Let me know your reaction when you get a hole in one, but I bet most are happy when the ball gets airborne!

Driver: TaylorMade Sim2 Max - Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 60

3 Wood: TaylorMade Sim2 Max - Fujikura Ventus Blue 6

3 Hybrid: TaylorMade Sim2 Rescue - Tensei AV Raw Blue

4I - GW: Taylor Made PSI - KBS C-Taper 105

SW: Titleist SM5 - 54 - True Temper Dynamic Gold

LW: Titleist SM5 - 60 - True Temper Dynamic Gold

Putter: 2022 Titleist Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5

Boring cuz it's so so ugly. His greatest gift is putting, and even that is gross crosshanded. Some of you are very serious about liking Jordan Spieth..having his babies!! Nice haha.

More perfect shots like that blast from the bunker today will create a situation where respect flows over the unlikableness and washes some of it away, as it did with Woods back in the day, but he's at least four Majors away from that happening. As an AM, Woods was unbelievable and not nearly annoying, yet.. Just a fired up kid playing for hardware. But man, from 96-99, he got on the people's nerve. Then...greatness ensued. I think he got to a point when he became in awe of himself and what he was accomplishing. All the sudden, not so annoying because he was so great. People could still gripe, but they lost the "he hasn't accomplished much" card. The 1999 PGA through 2001 Masters happened in a flash, and it transformed Tiger Woods from poster boy target for golf's changing culture, which the establishment did not accept, to him being in the same zip code as Jack. Eight Majors by the age of 24/25. Wow!

What's Woods got to do with this anyway?! Right now, Spieth, and his caddy (through no fault of his own) are a bit much. He has his moments, and he may grow into an enjoyable golf figure. Who knows.. I like Rory, but laugh at his girly celebrating and silly throwing of the golf ball into the crowd motion, but I like him. Don't care for Day at all, DJ is just uhh, Fowler I always root for, but OH MY GOD...I sigh deeper than Bubba when Spieth gets the job done. Not my guy at all!

You're so unlikable

Somebody had to say it . Right ? lol.

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

What an odd poll. If golf needs a superstar, why did you list people it already has?

Yes, Spieth walks weirdly. How about putting up DTL and FO vids of your own precious gait?

My favorite color has changed many times, over the years. My very first favorite was red (fire truck). Orange was next, then yellow, green, purple and blue for a long time. It's now black. I guess I've really chilled out since I was a kid.

Disagree. The sport is fortunate to have a young star with his personality and skill. He may rub you the wrong way, but my 6 y/o son loves watching him. And in a day and age where positive role models are tough come by, I'll take him all day.

917D3 9.5 Rogue Black
917F3 15 Diamana Blue
818H2 19 Tensei Blue
Mizuno MP14 2
Mizuno MP4 4-9
Vokey SM7 46, 50, 54, 58
Edel 60
(will swap 58 for 60 and a Vokey for the 2-iron as needed)
Custom Scotty Newport 2
or
Scotty X5R

I used to dislike all the newer players. Hated their style and games. I am/was a Tiger fan. Because I rooted for him, I rooted against others. With his decline, I gave up hope for a comeback a little while ago and started to gravitate to the players who were actually playing in tournaments. The more I have watched, the more I have grown to like the current top players. Especially Rickie and Spieth. The only one I sort of dislike would be Bubba. I've just seen too many instances of him acting like a jerk to people. Don't hate him, just not going to be a fan of his/root for him.

I don't think golf needs a dominant superstar, and to be honest I doubt we'll get another one that is as unique and special as Tiger. When you have 10-15 players that can win anytime they tee it up it is great to watch, the more parity the better for me.

Hate to go all negative here, but this morning I heard Peter Kostis gushing about the wonderful Jordan Spieth... what a fantastic player, person, asset to all mankind. This while Kostis was analyzing his iron play on that over-labeled slow-mo camera, Spieth, clearly, was 3/4 swinging a Vokey pitching wedge btw. It was so out of touch with reality.

The Truth is he's unrelatable, whiny, spoiled, entitled, cocky, slow, has no style whatsoever, walks weird (which is what we watch most with these guys), and boring to watch play golf. Oh well, Peter is wrong and I'm right. So be it.

I wouldn't have said anything if not for the exact opposite being portrayed by the joke that is the golf media.

For me I think it's jus that the broadcasters sound like they want to date the guy, it gets irritating, too much praising jordan. They loved this weekend, they were talking as if he's won 10 in a row.

I was never a fan until I saw him interact with his sister. That's at a whole different level and nice to see that relationship.

That being said, weird stuff for me was that chest bump with his caddie that morphed into a chest to @ss bump and then when he thought he missed that putt and walks after it and it goes in and he's like "aw shucks"!!