2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

Stricter Dress Code Coming For LPGA

Seems like they want to go back to this.

http://www.scottishg...-fashion-pages/

As usual nowadays, trying to fix a problem that doesn't exist.

At work we get occasional reminder emails about appropriate dress for the office. They send it to everyone rather than pointing out the few violators of the dress code. Probably the same situation here.

yeah thats crap, they used to do that in my job, and then 6 months later everybody dressed like before and nothing was said. just a waste of time.

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tough call, demographics of LPGA viewers are mostly male, so long term does this help or hurt the LPGA. On one hand I see them wanting to offer a professional image that encourages people to watch them for the quality of golf they play. On the other hand, people have limited amount of time to watch golf and if you take away the eye candy is there sufficient reason to watch the LPGA over mens golf.

Driver - Callaway Paradym
Woods - Callaway Paradym 3W
Hybrids - XXIO 10 3H, 4H, 5H
Irons - Callaway Paradym 6-52*
Wedge - PXG Forged 56** 
Putter - Ping TYNE C
Ball - Titleist AVX

Here's my take: a slight course correction is not the end of the world. In the tournament prior to the US Open, Jaye Marie Green was wearing what appeared to be to be volleyball shorts and a tee shirt. Amy Yang wears yoga pants/ tights. The length of some of the player's shorts is, TBH, really short. Apparently things have loosened up at the pro-am parties also.

LPGA wants to keep a good thing going. Young girls will push it (most dads will tell you this:) unless they get a reality check. So the LPGA felt it was time to tighten it up. I have no problem with it. They have a tour board and player input governance model.

Amy Yang? Seriously? She wears the same stretchy capris as Brooke. If they're worried about them, they're really stretching it.

Amy+Yang+LPGA+Australian+Open+Day+3+OlqQuO9EZbfl.jpgBrooke+Henderson+LPGA+LOTTE+Championship+Presented+s683ELNm9nIl.jpg

Ping G425 Max Driver 12 (0 Flat) - Aldila Ascent Red 50 Stiff (46")
TaylorMade AeroBurner Mini Driver 16 - Matrix Speed RUL-Z 60 Stiff
Ping G410 7wd 20.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (43")
Ping G410 9wd 23.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (42.5")
Ping G425 6h 30 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 70 Stiff
PXG 0311P Gen3 6-P (2 Deg Weak, 1 Deg Flat) - True Temper Elevate 95 S /

Ping i200 6-P Orange Dot (2 Deg Weak, 2 Deg Flat) - True Temper XP 95 S
Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge
PXG Blackjack 36" - SuperStroker Flatso 2.0

I'm still have difficulty with the policy on 'Length of skirt, skort, and shorts MUST be long enough to not see your bottom area (even if covered by under shorts) at any time, standing or bent over.' What idiot came up with that?

Are they talking about showing the skin on your bottom? If so, why didn't they say that? What defines your [so-called] 'bottom' anyway? Is it your butt cheeks? Pictures please for accuracy!

I'm surprised that didn't address exposing belly buttons.

Geeeezzzz...

[size=4][font=comic sans ms,cursive][b][color=#006400][i]I'm back on the tour playing again...[img]http://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.clublexus.com-vbulletin/42x27/80-yahoo_c1e85bb914542fdc9f0f5b3c66f5ed93fa601ccf.gif[/img] [/i][/color][/b][/font][/size]

I'm still have difficulty with the policy on 'Length of skirt, skort, and shorts MUST be long enough to not see your bottom area (even if covered by under shorts) at any time, standing or bent over.' What idiot came up with that?

Are they talking about showing the skin on your bottom? If so, why didn't they say that? What defines your [so-called] 'bottom' anyway? Is it your butt cheeks? Pictures please for accuracy!

I'm surprised that didn't address exposing belly buttons.

Geeeezzzz...

Uh oh. Na Yeon is in trouble.

LPGA+Corning+Classic+Round+Three+Ta47xlP547fl.jpg

Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge

I don't have a problem with this but I think they are trying to deal with something before it becomes an issue.

The wording of this makes me wonder if it is more directed at the Pro-Am stuff. Who knows what the girls wear on Tues & Weds but with how prolific yoga pants are today it would not surprise me in the least to see them on the course. The pro-am stuff is a big deal for the tour and if some of the ladies weren't taking it serious I could see the need for this.

As for those pointing out Wie's apparel, I don't think some of it looks bad but I can see it blurring the lines.

These are pretty much the Wie rules.

Would not surprise me. Michelle is the highest profile player in women's golf, and she has been pushing the boundaries hard this year with her "come and get it boys" style.

Are you serious with that comment? What is "come and get it boys?" It's not like she is wearing cut off shorts with her cheeks hanging out or rolling around braless or in pasties. Heck even if she was there is no excuse to ever think anything is "come and get it boys."

Sorry that phrase just touched a nerve. Is the mother of 3 taking her kids to the park in yoga pants and a racer back top wearing "come and get it boys" clothing? How about a girl at the beach or the gym?

The statement from the LPGA official in response to the email contained this:

While we typically evaluate our policies at the end of the year, based on input from our players, we recently made some minor adjustments to the policy to address some changing fashion trends.

Left unsaid was whether sponsor/dinner guests/other players prompted the discussion and in-season review.

M6 10.5
M4 3W
Titleist 816h 21
CF19 5-AW
SM6 54 & Cally PM 60
Byron Morgan 612
V1X/ERC Soft

1369333503_tempesttest1.jpg

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9.0 Ventus Blue 6S

Ping G425 14.5 Fairway Tour AD TP 6X

Ping G425 MAX 20.5 7 wood Diamana Blue 70 S

Ping G20 5-PW DGS300 Yellow Dot

Ping Glide Pro 48*

Taylormade MG3 52*, 56*, TW 60* DGS200

LAB Mezz Max 35*, RED, Black Accra

Callaway Tour TruTrack Yellow

Here's my take: a slight course correction is not the end of the world. In the tournament prior to the US Open, Jaye Marie Green was wearing what appeared to be to be volleyball shorts and a tee shirt. Amy Yang wears yoga pants/ tights. The length of some of the player's shorts is, TBH, really short. Apparently things have loosened up at the pro-am parties also.

LPGA wants to keep a good thing going. Young girls will push it (most dads will tell you this:) unless they get a reality check. So the LPGA felt it was time to tighten it up. I have no problem with it. They have a tour board and player input governance model.

Jaye Marie's wardrobe last week wasn't the height of traditional golf fashion, but I don't believe it would violate the new policy. There are plenty of players that wear collarless shirts and short shorts, e.g. Sandra Gal.

811002134.jpg

These are pretty much the Wie rules.

Would not surprise me. Michelle is the highest profile player in women's golf, and she has been pushing the boundaries hard this year with her "come and get it some physio tape boys" style.

Lol. Fixed that for you.

Bottom check. OK.

AP3940961911.jpg

Seems like they want to go back to this.

http://www.scottishg...-fashion-pages/

As usual nowadays, trying to fix a problem that doesn't exist.

At work we get occasional reminder emails about appropriate dress for the office. They send it to everyone rather than pointing out the few violators of the dress code. Probably the same situation here.

yeah thats crap, they used to do that in my job, and then 6 months later everybody dressed like before and nothing was said. just a waste of time.

Oh so true!

Callaway Epic MAX 10.5 driver w/ Project X Riptide 50 5.0
Callaway Epic Flash 3, 5, & 7 woods w/ Fujikura Pro 2.0 R2-6

Callaway Apex 21 DCB 4 iron w/ Project X Catalyst 50 5.0 
Callaway Apex 21 5 - AW w/ Project X Catalyst 50 5.0
Callaway Mack Daddy CB 56 w/ Project X Catalyst 60 5.5
Toulon Design Palm Beach Stroke Lab
Callaway Chrome Soft

What a bunch of nonsense...

A group of older folks making rules up for the younger folks that were not necessary.

Since the LPGA Tour is moving fashion backwards it makes me wonder if there is going to be a surreptitious movement to bring Carolyn Bivins back to replace Mike Whan.

SYard T388
TaylorMade RBZ 13-15
Miura CB-57 3-PW
Miura 51Y, 52K,56K, 57C, 60K
Old Titleist Blade

Michelle Wie, July 18th, 2017.

high-visibility-burqa.jpg

The new official uniform of the LPGA. "See why it's different the same out here"

WomenCaddies.jpg

Even when Michelle wore those mega short skirts... was her "bottom" ever visible? Even when she bent over to grab her ball out of the cup?

Honestly it's almost reading like some old crotchiddy Grandma who is upset that she isn't young a skinny anymore. 99% of the women are wearing appropriate attire for a golf course. Sry if we can see a few inches above their knee caps... Geez.

Pretty soon everybody is going to be wearing pant suits out there. I think the effect of "Instagram golf girls" like Elise and Paige are getting into the minds of the LPGA committee.

Its the battle of old school vs. new school that all sports will/have/or are facing. How to keep tradition but also grow the sport and encourage younger crowds to join.

There are certain standards to be had, yes, but you also have to understand that these times are changing. If Wie's dress attracts 5,10,20 young ladies to look at golf and consider playing then, by all means, let her dress like that. What is it hurting?

How many young kids do you see walking around looking like they took clothes right out of Rickie Fowler's closet? Its good for the game, kids love it and nobody is offended.

I just think there are a lot bigger items the LPGA needs to worry about other than bare shoulders.

Total bonehead move in my opinion, which doesn't mean a damn thing but just saying!!!!!!!!!!

Nobody is even close to being dressed inappropriate and they should be concentrating on improving viewer ratings. Not that this move will drastically hurt the ratings but it won't help.

DRIVER -     PXG Black OPs Tour 1 - 8* | 🔥KHT AUTOFLEX SF505🔥   
2 WD -         PXG Gen 6  13* |  🔥KHT AUTOFLEX SF505🔥

2/3/4 Hybrids- PXG Gen 6 | Accra Tour 90i Stiff

IRONS -       PXG Gen 6 XP DOUBLE BLACK | MMT 80 Stiff                     
WEDGES -  PXG Sugar Daddy II 54*/13 and 58*/10 | MMT 80 Stiff  
PUTTERS - LAB MEZZ MAX Blue Head w/White Accra Shaft

LAB MEZZ MAX Red Head w/Black Accra Shaft
BAG -           PXG Staff Bag

Im not surprised this happened, there are more and more t-shirts and work out gear showing up on courses with the LPGA. I thought they would just try and reinforce a collared shirt or something.

Some of the work out tanks and stuff that has been worn looks sloppy, but I honestly dont care one way or the other about t-shirts and stuff on the course.

Rules are not for the average person, because the average person already has some sense of how to behave. These rules are for the person who always has to stretch (or shrink in this case) the envelope. Just google "hot lpga players" and see what comes up. I think they are just trying to have something in place for the inevitable boundary pusher.

I myself love yoga pants..............

Some of the more conservatively dressed or bigger boned girls must been triggered and complained that they were losing gallery members to the pretty girls that "showed" more.

Driver - Callaway Paradym
Woods - Callaway Paradym 3W
Hybrids - XXIO 10 3H, 4H, 5H
Irons - Callaway Paradym 6-52*
Wedge - PXG Forged 56** 
Putter - Ping TYNE C
Ball - Titleist AVX

Rules are not for the average person, because the average person already has some sense of how to behave. These rules are for the person who always has to stretch (or shrink in this case) the envelope. Just google "hot lpga players" and see what comes up. I think they are just trying to have something in place for the inevitable boundary pusher.

Curious. Does the results from a "Hot LPGA Players" search turn up any pics from, oh you know, actual players on a course during a tournament? Doubtful.

Curious. Does the results from a "Hot LPGA Players" search turn up any pics from, oh you know, actual players on a course during a tournament? Doubtful.

I see Paulina Gretzky as a top result.

You are incorrect

I see Paulina Gretzky as a top result.

Lol. Any actual LPGA players?