Golfing alone

stikillller

yeah me too. I love a round with the guys. But a solo round is great to play fast or work on your game.

Ping G430 Max 9* Kai’li white 60

Callaway Paradym 15*
Titleist TSR2 21* hybrid Atmos blue
Mizuno JPX 923 Forged 5-P

Titleist SM9 48*
Titleist SM7 54* & 58* Slate Blue
Ping Ketch/SC Select Newport II Midslant

I enjoy playing alone and with friends and strangers, i enjoy golf period.

Being self employed and not having a 8-5 job and i work alot of weekends, just getting out is hard. So when i do have time it is usually last minute so i just go and play.

I also play in a weekly men's league, absolute riot, great bunch of guys.

I'm kinda iron crazy so i like to go to quiet course in the evening and just blast away, like others have said the solitude is extremely pleasing. One of the nicer courses i frequent i usually run into a fellow who plays just about every evening by himself. He is a single capper player and it is fun teaming up with him, we have the course to ourselves most evenings.

There is another course closer to me that years ago i was a charter member, a management change ruined the place for me, that and the fact it is always windy as H-ll there, made me move elsewhere. There is a new ownership group there now and i know alot of the members there, but the course is a disaster compared to the one a little farther away. So if i have to play by myself some evenings i am more than happy in my own company.

I have one or two good friends that I enjoy playing with, and, other than that, I prefer to play alone, late in the afternoon, on a wide open course. I am a television sales manager and after dealing with clients and staff all day and all week, I don’t need anymore company. In fact, I’ve become progressively more introverted as I get older and mostly prefer to be alone when not playing band gigs. When I get paired up with someone, I am polite and won’t avoid conversation, but I don’t like to be paired with anyone who won’t shut up, or wants to talk about heavy subjects. I used to play a few tournaments a year, but playing in the morning, with strangers, riding a cart, at a slow pace of play is no fun to me. I”d rather stay home and play guitar. I do like to compete, and play for a few bucks with my friends occasionally. The whole club thing, with the card playing and the Myrtle Beach trips with a foursome -complete with heavy drinking and visits to the gentlemen’s clubs - that ain’t me.

I have one or two good friends that I enjoy playing with, and, other than that, I prefer to play alone, late in the afternoon, on a wide open course. I am a television sales manager and after dealing with clients and staff all day and all week, I don’t need anymore company. In fact, I’ve become progressively more introverted as I get older and mostly prefer to be alone when not playing band gigs. When I get paired up with someone, I am polite and won’t avoid conversation, but I don’t like to be paired with anyone who won’t shut up, or wants to talk about heavy subjects. I used to play a few tournaments a year, but playing in the morning, with strangers, riding a cart, at a slow pace of play is no fun to me. I”d rather stay home and play guitar. I do like to compete, and play for a few bucks with my friends occasionally. The whole club thing, with the card playing and the Myrtle Beach trips with a foursome -complete with heavy drinking and visits to the gentlemen’s clubs - that ain’t me.

I can relate to much of this. That's a Reverend right?

I play quite a bit by myself, but all I mostly do is practice. I play around 2:30 and the course is empty. I might hit 5 to eight drives a hole, a couple of second shots and chip all around the green. Great for your game.

Oh but that isn't golf according to some here. Better not post a round score......

Nothing wrong with playing alone...enjoy! As for posting, though, rounds played alone are unacceptable for posting per USGA Handicap Manual (Section 5-1e).

I play quite a bit by myself, but all I mostly do is practice. I play around 2:30 and the course is empty. I might hit 5 to eight drives a hole, a couple of second shots and chip all around the green. Great for your game.

Oh but that isn't golf according to some here. Better not post a round score......

Nothing wrong with playing alone...enjoy! As for posting, though, rounds played alone are unacceptable for posting per USGA Handicap Manual (Section 5-1e).

Ive been playing golf for 25 years and had no idea you cant post a score. I rarely post when alone anyway due to usually putting with pin in and hitting a couple of balls. Id rather play with foursome with some cash on it, golf trips with drinking and entertainment after is one of my favorite things in life. I also love getting an extra round in late afternoon in 2-3 hours. for me its much better than pounding drives on the range.

My top 2 favorite things to do are surf and play golf. I prefer to do both alone but both can be a lot of fun when I'm with my buds. Golfing more so than surfing. I usually play alone very early in the morning, it's a great way to start the day, get some exercise in, clear the mind, etc. Ever since I joined a club, I have met some great guys that I play with in the afternoons and weekends. It's all about balance. Everything in moderation, including moderation.

My top 2 favorite things to do are surf and play golf. I prefer to do both alone but both can be a lot of fun when I'm with my buds. Golfing more so than surfing. I usually play alone very early in the morning, it's a great way to start the day, get some exercise in, clear the mind, etc. Ever since I joined a club, I have met some great guys that I play with in the afternoons and weekends. It's all about balance. Everything in moderation, including moderation.

I used to live in Virginia Beach. Man, I miss those Dawn Patrol surfing sessions...

I went to a new course alone one time and they paired me up with a threesome. I asked for a separate cart but they insisted that I ride with the guy with the open seat. Okay...it'll be fine.

Never again.

Next time this happens, I either get my own cart or leave. I won't go into the 18 different ways he irritated me, I'll let you think about them.

I prefer to play with others, but I only have one golf buddy who I play with occasionally. So it’s either play alone or wait until he’s available.

PXG 0211 12° driver with Project X Cypher shaft
Maltby KE4 TC 16° 4 wood w/Kuro Kage Black 60g shaft
Srixon Z355 22° 7 wood w/Miyazaki Jinsoku shaft
Maltby KE4 TC 19° and 22° 3 and 4 hybrids w/UST Proforce V2 Black shaft

Maltby KE4 TC 25° 5 hybrid with KuroKage Black shaft

Lazrus 27° 6 hybrid 
PXG 0211DC irons 7-PW w/Project X Cypher graphite shafts

Cleveland CBX2 50° GW w/Rotex wedge flex shaft
Maltby M-Series+ 56° wedge w/UST Recoil 660 graphite shaft
Cleveland  Huntington Beach Soft Premier 10.5

I love playing solo. Very therapeutic and great practice. I play a lot of twilight 9's solo and practice some rascals style shots

I actually prefer solo rounds oppose to anything but tournament days. I think groups should be no more than 3 anyways + tee times spaced at least 12-15min apart.

Tee times 12-15 minutes apart would be nice, but it's not realistic. In today's world where many courses are struggling to stay afloat, they need to get as many players out there as they can. At 12-15 minute intervals, they can only get 4 to 5 groups out each hour, and for many facilities that's just not going to cut it.

I dont really like playing alone, except for the purpose of practicing.

I dont have a lot of guys to play with either and the ones that I do play with except for 1 guy, dont care about playing different or new courses, dont really care about the rules, the etiquette, or have any clue about the virtual reality of the golf world. Their concept of golf is totally opposite of mine.

So Im seriously considering joining the Golf Channel Am Tour, just to have someone to play with on weekends.

I love playing alone! I went out yesterday at 8:20 (first tee time) and finished at 10:47. I hit two balls each hole and practiced chipping and putting along the way. It was highly enjoyable because I could concentrate on what I was working on without having to worry about looking for someone's errant ball or smalltalk.

Driver: Callaway Epic Max - 10.5 Deg - GD Tour AD HD - 5S
4 Wood: Callaway Epic Speed - 16.5 Deg - GD Tour AD MT - 6S
Irons: Callaway Epic Forged - 4i-SW - Aerotech Steelfiber FC90-F4
Wedge:Fourteen RM-21 - 58/12 - Recoil 110 F4
Putter: Taylormade Spider Tour Black #7 - 33"
Ball: Titleist Pro-V1x 
Bag: Sun Mountain C-130 or Four5[/font][/size][/b]

Maddie and I used to grab a cart and head out about 6:30-7ish after she’d finished up with lessons and jump around the course and it was so nice to just ride, talk and hit the ball however two evenings a week during July-Sept she had group lessons so I’d just grab the cart and go out and by myself and I’d play 2-3 balls with my earbuds and tunes in and it was so nice, peaceful and serene, haha.

Yep, I sure the hell miss that, lol.

Cheers?

RP

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

Maddie and I used to grab a cart and head out about 6:30-7ish after she'd finished up with lessons and jump around the course and it was so nice to just ride, talk and hit the ball however two evenings a week during July-Sept she had group lessons so I'd just grab the cart and go out and by myself and I'd play 2-3 balls with my earbuds and tunes in and it was so nice, peaceful and serene, haha.

Yep, I sure the hell miss that, lol.

Cheers

RP

Used to??? In the past??? You still have plenty of gas in the tank old Friend. You just happen to be traveling through those great times with us - sharing what's really important at the end of the day - relating what you experienced for the benefit of others.

Might seem patronizing but I've sort of enjoyed it being more and more about the fun you've had and a little less about the battles. Both are cool enough to hear about, lol. So please don't get me wrong. It's just that all this has elevated what you're more likely to share and what you see as a priority. This game could always use a little elevating, especially when it comes to the good times and truly important stuff. Doesn't have to be something that happened in the last 24 hours for it to be relevant. But no doubt you're finding (and thankfully sharing) what's really important every day as well as in the past.

Enough of my babble. It's been a LONG time since you and I exchanged a single word. Just hoping you're still hang'n in and wanted to pay respects. Best from this side of the post to yours.

I'm good either way. Rounds with the boys are great, rounds playing solo where I hit 2 or 3 balls off the tee, maybe drop 4 balls from 100 yards and see how close I can stick em all, all good. Can't beat being on the golf course.

Best days are just walking 9 holes with my dad after work though, just the two of us shooting the s*** and shooting the ball (mostly poorly). Can't beat that.

Like mentioned above, if I am by myself, I will tee up 2 to 3 balls and play every shot, I rather play with friends but it is what it is...I use those single rounds as practice, which I enjoy as well...

DRIVER: Callaway AI Smoke TD 10.5*, Ventus TR Blue 6TX at 45"
3 WOOD: Callaway Paradym HL 16.5*, Diamana Flower Band White, D+ 82X Flex, tipped 1" at 42"
7 WOOD: Callaway Paradym 21*, Tensei AV white 75g S Flex, tipped 1" at 41"

IRONS: Callaway Apex MB 7-10, CB 4-6 -- DG TI S400

WEDGES: Callaway JAWS Raw 50, 54, 58 -- DG TI S400
PUTTER: SC Phantom 5, Stability Shaft, 33.25", Garsen Quad Tour grip (Toulon Chicago as back up)
BALL: Callaway CT X (current gamer), Srixon Diamond, -ProV1X and ProV1

I play solo rounds myself during the week too. I don't mind it one bit. Allows me time to work on things on the actual course, as opposed to having to 'simulate' them on the driving range. It's also great when you want to test a new ball, etc.

DR: Mavrik SZ - Tour AD XC 7S
5W: Mavrik SZ - Tour AD XC 8S
3H: Titleist 816 H2 - Speeder 8.8X
Irons (4-P): Mizuno MP-20 MMC - KBS $ X
Wedges (50,54,58): Mizuno T20 Raw - KBS $ X
Putter: Seemore Nashville
Ball: 2021 Pro V1

• 2 weeks later...

A few years ago, I moved out of state for work and don't have really any golfing buddies here. I really don't like getting paired up. I'm not a mean person and don't feel like I'm too good for anyone, but I'm just introverted and hate small talk. What do you do? Where are you from? Are you married? Etc. It feels like a job interview. Even at work it's the same with networking which is not my cup of tea to say the least. I just want to play golf in peace. Hours on the range by myself is pure heaven.

TaylorMade 2016 Tour Issue M2x3 (8.5*/9.4*/9.8*): Tensei 1K White 70TX

Titleist TSi3 9* - Atmos TS Patriot 7x

Titleist TSR2+ 13* - Diamana D+ Ltd. 80x 

Titleist 915f 15* @ 14.25* - Atmos Blue TS 8x

Titleist 915f 18* - Fujikura Motore Speeder TS 8.2x

Titleist 816H1 17* - Fujikura Motore Speeder TS 8.8x

Titleist 915hd 20.5* @ 19.5* Fujikura Motore Speeder TS 8.8x

Titleist 2023 T150 4 & 5 iron, T100 6-9 iron - Project x6.5 ss1x 1.5* flat

Vokey SM9 Raw 46.10F, 50.12F - Project x6.0 1.5* flat, 54.12D, 58.08M - DG TI S400

Putter: Scotty Cameron Phantom 9.5 / Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless Newport 2